Basildon University Hospital

01268 524900 Nethermayne , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL

Phil gave Cardiology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology clinic investigation results

Would like to sincerely thank the doctor and their staff for their friendly and helpful and respectful manner when I attended Orsett today. The doctor was extremely reassuring and knowledgeable and taking sufficient time in clearly telling me the findings and can't thank them enough

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Basildon University Hospital replied on 05 December 2017

We are always pleased when patients take the time to comment on their experience at Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals and were glad to hear that you were pleased with the care and treatment you received at Orsett Hospital. Your kind words have been forwarded to the senior team to share with staff involved in your care.
May we take this opportunity to thank you and to wish you all the very best for your future good health.

David Fairweather reviewed Colorectal cancer services at Basildon University Hospital

Endoscopy procedure

I had a 3 yearly colonoscopy examination today and everyone from the receptionist to the nurses who brought me tea and biscuits after the examination were polite, friendly, informative and caring.

hospital staff are under great pressures due to the ever increasing numbers of patients. They are maintaining a fantastic level of service when their incomes are being effectively reduced year on year.

A great team. Thank you very much for looking after me so well.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 06 December 2017

Jan gave Orthopaedics at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't ask for better care

After staying in Horndon Ward for a full hip replacement I cannot fault my treatment in any way. The staff were so Caring and efficient they made me feel very comfortable. The ward and all areas were very clean. I can't thank them enough.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Basildon University Hospital replied on 12 December 2017

We are always pleased when patients take the time to comment on their experience at Basildon Hospital and were glad to hear that you were pleased with the care and treatment you received on Horndon Ward. Your kind words have been forwarded to the senior team to share with staff involved in your care.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and to wish you all the very best for your future good health.

Anonymous reviewed Vascular surgery at Basildon University Hospital

Operation cancelled

My husband went into hospital on 6th December to have a operation but was told the operation as been cancelled due to no bed . Now he has to wait till the end of January the operation he is waiting for is a major one . This as caused both of us a lot of stress took holidays from work so I could care for him once he comes home , I think this is disgraceful. Putting patients under this pressure. What the hell is going on at basildon hospital .

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Carrie Blackery-West gave Dermatology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Three Special People Rock!!

The consultant and two nurses stayed with me during the removal of a suspect mole in the Dermatology unit.

I have a major medical phobia and they were so supportive every step of the way it was nothing short of phenomenal. Whilst I appreciate that this experience was possibly simply part of their day, their care and attention to me has left me feeling completely inadequate in being able to thank them enough. I really don’t think they are aware of the impact they made on me today. The three of them ROCK! Thank you so much!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017

Milly the cat reviewed Basildon University Hospital

Not impressed

arrived with my sister at 13.15
Queue to book in going outside door, (cold and raining )for streaming and then registration
Eventually streamed, obs taken, no real history, nil triage, nil sling applied nil analgesia offered, told to book in and wait to be called , also not sent to x-ray from here.
Waited again, from time came to dept, to being seen 2 hours, wow sent to x-ray !!!!
Wait again , why does ED x-ray not have book in window, have to knock on door and wait , poor comunication.
Sent back to waiting room, wait again, eventually called, seen by lovely ENP, efficient and all care treatment managed extremely well
X-ray again, queue at x-ray door ( all had knocked but nil response until they called a patient )
Wait again in main cold and small waiting room
Was eventually seen, sorted
why so long, why not sent to X-ray from triage, nil analgesia, nil sling
As a retired ED/ paed nurse and ENP, ( from another local trust) feel you could do better, re streaming, triage ( or nil triage ) nil analgesia, nil sling, nil x-ray from same, felt like I had stepped back into past
Not impressed by process,

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017 using Care Opinion

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Emilys mum gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Blood test Childrens Outpatients

Fantastic treatment from the nurses. Have experienced much trauma around blood tests in the past but these 2 nurses were compassionate; professional and sincere with my daughter today. Would like to pass on our sincere thanks

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 16 December 2017

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Sarah banks gave Maternity services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

From the 1st call with contractions till I left the willow ward were absolutely amazing. Alll staff that was with me were so incredibly nice and friendly made my partner and I so at ease. The midwives who delivered baby Oscar were just amazing, I cannot thank them enough for having a great labour. Even when I fainted the emergency team was very responsive.

I also trialled their new bed which was amazing. I could move around and get on all fours.

My biggest thanks does go to the midwifes! They need much more appreciation! They were so fantastic.

Thank you from Sarah, Ryan and baby Oscar x x

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 16 December 2017

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

rhomac gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Once again Basildon Hospital excelled!!!

This is my third visit to A and E in 5 weeks with three different members of my family. My husband slipped on ice on a Saturday morning hitting his face. As he is on blood thinners it was not a pretty sight. Booked into A and E at 10.45. Boy was it busy, hardly any seats and the queue never stopped at the reception. We arrived home at 3.30 in the afternoon. But no complaints!! My husband was seen by a lovely dr. and nurse who dressed his wound and then ordered a scan which was duly done. Was then called in to be given the all clear and advice and was allowed to go home. So once again Basildon, brilliant staff and a great service at a very busy time. Once again thanks!!!!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

ANGIE gave General Medicine at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

OMG ... five star service on the Kate Evelyn ward... my dad recently got took into Basildon hospital and from the moment he was admitted we got five star service... thank you so much ... the staff on the ward from the doctor to the nurses and even the cleaning staff are amazing... so proud to have a health service provider that goes that extra mile ... to provide first class care . Dad is home now .just want to say Thank you to all the staff at the very beautifully decorated ward .. it made a difference! And so did the care you gave my dad !
Thank you !