Basildon University Hospital

01268 524900 Nethermayne , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Left for 6 hrs

I was taken into Basildon hospital on Thursday evening with a nose bleeding like a tap for 31/2 hours . Ambulance staff were amazing but once they put me in a cubicle I never saw another person for 6hrs not even to see if I had stopped bleeding or needed a drink of water lucky I took my own water in with me and a bag of peas as they had no ice . Eventually a doctor came to see me at 1.30am treated me and sent me home . I had to tell him that the medic had said my blood pressure was high before he bothered to test my blood pressure which was very high .

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 08 October 2018

Gary gave Orthopaedics at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Horndon Ward

I want to say a great big thank you.... to NHS Basildon Hospital for my care and treatment pre and post operation for knee surgery.

after being admitted on 3rd October 2018 i was treated with courtesy and respect from all the staff on Horndon Ward i was informed of all procedures and admitted for surgery on the same day, the ward was exceptionally clean and all the staff i met were professional and friendly. they allowed my wife to stay with me all day on the operation day. a nice touch for a nervous patient. but i need not have had any anxieties as these were all laid to rest by the nurses and surgeons in theatre. i had a spinal anaesthetic. and the op was a success. and the post op care was second to none. so once again Horndon ward and theatre staff.... Thank you so much for your caring attitude. i enjoyed meeting and chatting with a lot of the staff, and clem was a delight (charge nurse) keep up the good work guys and gals. you are a credit to the profession. we all need our morale boosting once in a while. and i hope this review amplifies that feel good factor, because you all deserve it. kindest regards Gary Goss

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great

Couldn't fault the staffing team whilst here with my baby boy.also had all my kids born here and again couldn't fault the efforts of the staff

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 October 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you!

Just want say a big thank you to the staff at Basildon Hospital and the great service the NHS provide. I have had to attend A&E with several family members on several occasions over the last few months and every time the staff have been professional, courteous and kept us informed as to what is happening.
I for one believe we don’t always appreciate the NHS and all the staff as much as we perhaps should!?

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 01 October 2018

Zoe gave Rheumatology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

The doctor

Disgraceful customer service from reception staff working on the Rheumatology help desk. Your staff were rude, offensive and unhelpful to my mum today when calling up. I wish to be contacted urgently.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 15 October 2018

Anonymous gave at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Maternity Assesment Clinc

Poor treatment from midwives, asked to attend the Maternity assessment clinic by the obs and gynae doctors to arrive there and be told I shouldn't have come, nothings wrong with me. The midwives and MCA's huffed and puffed and demonstrated very unprofessional behaviour talking about me at the desk so the other patient could hear too. I understand services are short but please don't blame the patient, especially when I was the one asked to come. very upsetting experience and am sad that I have to give birth in this hospital soon.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Awaiting Appointment

Hi I was referred to your department back in July, as at the time I had had 2 sebaceous cysts occur in the same place with further complications of more cysts, boils, countless infections and other irritations forming around the wound, including allergic reactions to dressings....since the referral my condition has worsened as I’ve had more of the above plus I’ve had emergency surgery for a 3rd cyst....due to all this for more than 8 months since my previous emergency surgery I’ve lived on/off antibiotics, lost substantial amount of time off work and having to visit a nurse every 3 days while also not able to do normal activities or exercise....
I’ve still not heard anything from your department, I appreciate you are busy but by the time I see someone to find out the cause of my problems i will undoubtedly have more of the above problems and my GP surgery told me today that it will most likely be in Jan/Feb next year before I get an appointment, this means it will be over a year since my problems started and I am due to see a surgeon who may insist on me seeing a dermatologist before any further operations.

Anonymous gave Basildon University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Trying to call to book an appointment at General Ultrasound

None ever picks up the phone, it is so annoying but you cant book ultrasound appointment by phoning. I tried every day and all i get an answer phone message asking to dial number of person... what is the point, it is really annoying, I will have to either send my form or go there and book an appointment as it is not walk in clinic... I wonder if anyone is picking up calls to book appoitments?

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Alex N gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

NHS should be ashamed.

I had to go to A&E today because of serious heart issues. The service was very bad, their selection process means you need to see a nurse before even going to reception, that works great in theory but in practice the queue to see the nurse was 20 people long and reception had no queue. Once booked in, a second nurse will see you as the first one only did some general tests. I asked how long until the doctor sees me as I was having serious heart issues, I was told at least 2 hours before the tests even reach a doctor to decide when he is going to see me, as that is normal. This is A&E so it deals with emergencies. It was more than 4 hours before I was seen by a doctor, with highest priority selected at triage. Absolutely appealing service, rude and useless staff. I will not go here again.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Badly organised

Really badly organised,I have been in twice over the last couple months for operations and I'm a young "fit" person,yet I got moved ward to ward no one knowing what is had done or what I could do,what I needed. Having had a spinal and unable to feel my legs I had a nurse come up and try to get me up out of bed and I had to stop her and explain I still couldn't feel my legs! I'd had zero observations done. Later I literally just needed some crutches to go home,ended up waiting from 9am-5pm for them. They stress about a lack of beds and I just laid there with no interventions taking place and such a lack of organisation to get me home!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 21 September 2018