Basildon University Hospital

01268 524900 Nethermayne , Basildon, Essex, SS16 5NL

Anonymous gave Urology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The great medical care

The great and professional medical care, kidness and friendly! I had two operation here and after I rest on Elsdon ward. The work of the staff this ward can be example forother units!
Hanna Kson - Malecka

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wow wow wow. Such a busy department, administered professionally and a severe delay handled faultlessly. The situation was explained fully to us all and when I was seen their experience shone through. All staff should be congratulated. How they keep their calm is beyond me but Thank you for everything you do and Happy Birthday NHS

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disgusting

Doctors are contradicting, being made to wait even though i have been told by a consultant i need an operation regardless but then decided to try send me home even when i have been stuggling to manage pain and eat. nurses ignore you and forget about you the care is not there i buzz no1 comes or they forget about you. Took me 5hr to get a candular out of my arm had to wait for the next shift. Most of all when you are in pain trying to rest, i do not appreciate that 1 patient insists engaging in sexual conduct on the ward with the curtain closed roind her bed after complaining to nurses and doctors who have not done anything to stoo this disgusting behaviour on elsdon ward which should be for females. Especially after one of the nurses tried to tell my mum to leave when i was upset about information that was given to me i think this is very unreasonable and unfair atttotude from staff. How this continues to happen is terrible. They are also very un organised dinners get messed up and sometimes staff dont know whats going on. Dont appricieate some of the comments from some staff who have actually upset me and reduced me to tears at some points. However there is 1 or 2 people who have helped me who actually deserve gratitude for the hard work its ashame majority of the people that work there are not like this. The toliets are filthy usally lots of urine aample left on the side or arpund the toliet when you want to go i dont know why they are constantly lwft in the toliets its unhygienic. I cant wait to get home when i eventually get sorted after being here 11days to fight to get better because i have actually been suffering! I shull bet taking my complaints further as it has been horrendous!

Anonymous gave Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pathology department saved the day

I had a glucose tolerance test and the pathology staff were so helpful and amazing I really want to commend the staff there , antenatal had messed up and missed valuable information off my blood form and I had to go over there to get it sorted the staff were very rude to me especially the reception lady, so no thanks to maternity , pathology fixed there mistake with no troubles made me feel at ease and still fitted me in because I had taken the day off work

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Kellylouise gave Maternity services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

The care received on labour ward during the safe delivery of our baby was exemplary.
Every midwife and Dr that we came into contact with was amazing.
A massive thank you to everyone at BTUH maternity services.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 08 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Great nurses

Visited A&E on sunday. Happy with the nurse who examined me and made me an urgent appointment for further tests at Southend Hospital the same day.
Reception staff/signage not so good. Took 20 minutes to book in. Left waiting ten minutes at reception. One receptionist wandered off for five minutes. Other one ignored me whilst helping a colleague use her computer. they served two whilst I had waited then both ignored me.had to wait till other lady returned. She then informed me I should see triage nurse first and then come back to sign in. Triage nurse was absent for five minutes. Had to queue at reception again. Why have they changed this around?Not a good idea to have your blood pressure taken after reception staff have annoyed you! Both nurses very pleasant.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 09 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Alex gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E on 11th July

Had to attend A&E for a head trauma around 19:00. From the moment i walked in my OBS were taken and i was told to book in. Very efficient, was called for bloods and another set of OBS. About an hour and 30 mins i was called to see the Dr. CT scan organised and i was taken. Came back to A&E meds given for the pain more OBS +neuro ones taken. Throughout the whole process nurses kept checking on me. Was given the diagnoses concussion and advised what to do if symptoms got worse. Left the unit around 22:15. The whole experience was seamless seeing as i was not fully functioning and slightly confused. Thank you for your compassion help and kindness. Well done the NHS Amazing service

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

unhappy mum gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

fracture clinc

my son broke his arm on 4 july he is 4 years old, he was put into a temporary cast and told to come in 10 day via an appointment which would be sent to him, we still have not received an appointment, he is still in temporary cast. on contacting the hospital after waiting on the phone for 3 hours i was tls that there is no record if him attending, and the phone was put down, i have now been on the phone waiting for someone to answer for 45 minutes, on another phone i have rung PALs and the complaints department who are also not answering their phone despite all three services apparently being available monday - friday 9 - 5. not good enough basildon hospital

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Brittany A gave Accident and emergency services at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Don’t expect Dignity or Respect at this shambles!!

I had to visit your A&E service earlier today as my condition had worsened, unfortunately I was met by The rudest, unsympathetic and uncaring doctor I have ever met in my life.

He did not explain ANYTHING. Not the test results (which I had to ask to be done) he made a rash decision about my condition before any tests had even been completed. When I challenged him on this he acted like a sulking child and stormed off - is the patient not allowed to ask questions?!
I was refused treatment because I turned down a rectal examination. May I remind you that it’s in my right to refuse any examination at any time, what’s not okay is to belittle your patients and make them feel small.
His passive aggressive attitude is disgusting, I really hope for he sake of my own health my condition improves and I don’t ever have to visit your hospital again. Furthermore I have the name of the doctor and I will be putting in a complaint tomorrow morning.

Please stop talking to your patients like dirt, there really is no dignity or respect here!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Basildon University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Basildon University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I visited the breast care clinic this morning. Very calm atmosphere, seen on time, very pleasant and caring staff. Given result of mamagram within 1/2hr. Came away very reassured and happy. Thank you breast care unit.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 16 July 2018