South Tyneside District Hospital

0191 404 1000 Harton Lane , South Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE34 0PL

atweddell82@gmail.co gave Accident and emergency services at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 4 stars

overheated wards

I wish to thank staff from ambulance service ,and full nurse ,doctors and support teams.I was taking into hospital on the 7 DEC this was the very first time I have been treated by this trust , It did not take minutes to find out staff were there to give 100% care with as much hands on as possible. From a&e to eau unit team then to ward 5 , all fantastic many thanks I myself I can't stand forced duct air heating this causes me to strain to get air inside of me ,it causes me to go into coughing fits then vomints , this greatly increases my organs to work harder than normal .First nite I stood all nite on the landing on ward 5 ,so that was the second nite no sleep eau was the same to hot , so I said enough is enough I got my belongings and left , to my disbelief at about 2 am Saturday morning a morpeth ambulance nearly caved my front door in at home for me to go back to hospital I went but again sat on a chair on landing all nite then into TV room , so some time later a doctor came I was conned into thinking I was getting meds to go home to see me over until I found a new gp , no hospital pharmacy closed Saturday it was only for me to sign a form to say I left of my own free will ,just so there backs were covered and I wasted 12 hrs for that .I will for ward this letter on to a legal team when a person can't be beside duct air heating and a hospital has not got the time to make 1 person a VIP I can understand that all I wanted was somewhere cooler and not be forced to breath in unwanted dry air and spoors from a to hot air feed grems yes u got your revenge because I signed myself out Alan tweddell.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 10 December 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Complaints

I was recently asmitted to stdh i wisg to make the following compaints and i do require replies.

1.on the menu sheet it mention marmite - when does this start
2. Why can't patients have toast?
3.when is rhe same quality of food going to start at stdh?
4. When are we getting more quality beds as not comfortable?
5. I ordered bran flakes white brown breat and low fat sprrad and ended up with cornflakes and a white roll and butter and jam
6. Can you not bring a survey out for patients to fill out on catering types of food ( food is catered for dogs.
U.pharmacy should be in hospital ,it can take about 5 hours to get meication?wat you could do is have tbe same idea of the rvi and do one in the hospital and patients can take prescription downstairs and collect theirs.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 November 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 14 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to South Tyneside District Hospital. I am sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion and we will ensure your feedback is shared with the Business Manager of the service.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns further to enable a full investigation of the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to contact our Customer Services Department on 0191 404 1072 or e-mail customer.services@stft.nhs.uk and a member of the team will take the necessary details from you.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Children’s A&E fantastic nursing staff!

Would like to thank the doctors but especially the nurse who helped my daughter today 11/11/17.
She’d a bad cut to her finger and we’d all had a shock, not being the best patience’s either the team were fantastic and efficient.
Can’t rate the service enough, lovely caring team of staff.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 12 November 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 14 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your daughter's recent visit to South Tyneside District Hospital. I am pleased to learn that you have had such a positive experience and you are happy with the care and treatment you have received.

The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the Business Manager of the team to share with the staff on your behalf.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgical Inpatients

I recently had to stay on the surgical inpatient ward as I needed a operation on the emergency obs and gynae list.

I arrived at 12pm and was shown to my room, beautifully clean and well equipped. I was checked in by a lovely student nurse and kept informed with what was happening by the team of doctors and nurses.

I went down to theatre around 6.00pm and was back at 7.30. All of the staff were great looking after me, checking if I was ok or if I needed anything. I can’t thank them enough they made an awful situation bearable. Everyone I met from domestics, porters, pharmacy staff were all very friendly.

The staff on the ward are so busy, there is simply not enough of them but sadly this is the way the NHS is today. The staff are worth their weight in gold and could not have done enough for me - they never stopped - constantly up and down the corridors their feet must have been on fire and they must have walked miles. Keep up the hard work everyone. You are all an asset to the NHS.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 27 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent inpatient stay at South Tyneside District Hospital.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

SJH23/17 gave Accident and emergency services at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E Experience

I attended the A&E Department last night with my sister. We had quite a long wait due to quite a few emergencies, which is understandable. The treatment my sister received was excellent, especially under the circumstances. The staff are so hard working, very attentive and caring.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 24 November 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 27 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your sister’s recent visit to the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E) at South Tyneside District Hospital. I am pleased to learn that your sister had such a positive experience and you were happy with the care and treatment that she received.

Anonymous reviewed Respiratory Medicine at South Tyneside District Hospital

Outpatient of several years

Excellent experience at every appointment due to all staff and in particular, dedicated doctor care. Referrals to physio, X ray, blood and cardiology over the years - same high level care and efficiency. Impressively quick receipt of GP letters and further appointments. Not my local hospital (due to shorter waiting time at original referral) but very happy to travel for such good treatment.
Pharmacy department - would be better inside hospital building

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback following your recent visit to South Tyneside District Hospital.

I am pleased to learn that you are happy with the care and treatment you have received from the Respiratory Department. The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the Business Manager for Respiratory Medicine to share with the team on your behalf.

In relation the location of our Pharmacy building, your comment has been shared with the Director of Estates and Facilities for consideration.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Arm fracture and dislocation

Stayed on ward 7 for 3 days and 2 night's. Can't fault the care I received at all. All the staff went out of their way to make sure I was as comfortable as possible. During my whole experience, from being in a&e and x-Ray to being transferred to the ward, then having surgery, I was treat with dignity and compassion. What a great job our NHS do, you all work so hard. I can't thank you all enough for the care I was given.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 28 October 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on the care and treatment you received from A&E, Radiology, Theatre and Ward 7 following your inpatient stay at South Tyneside District Hospital.

I am pleased to learn that you have had such a positive experience and you were happy with the care and treatment that you received.

The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the manager of the departments to share with the staff on your behalf.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

Alanhigh gave General Medicine at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 4 stars

X-rated

Attended for an x-ray. Two staff very pleasant and efficient but neither introduced themselves.

Went on with a friend to oncology department. Two hour delay! The receptionist was very apologetic and tried to keep the assembled up to date. When eventually saw the doctor that person breezed in, sat down and said "Well, how are you coping with the chemotherapy? No explanation for the delay, no introduction and no good morning. How rude, especially in such circumstances.

Perhaps time to remind staff of the "Hell, my name is ...." campaign?

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 29 October 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 03 November 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visits to South Tyneside District Hospital.

I am very sorry to learn of your experience following your visit to the X-ray department and to the Oncology department. Your feedback will be shared with the Business Manager for Radiology and Oncology to share with the staff on your behalf.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

George Nessworthy gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Trouble free

From the moment I arrived at the Colonoscopy Dept., under Doctor, I was received with a warm, professional and a totally empathetic team. Thank you one and all for doing what is not just a job. George Nessworthy 448 100 4010

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 30 October 2017

Dear Mr Nessworthy,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to South Tyneside District Hospital. I am pleased to learn that you have had such a positive experience following the care and treatment you received when you attended the Colonoscopy Department.

The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the Business Manager to share with the staff on your behalf.

E-mail: customer.services@stft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at South Tyneside District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent A & E staff

During the month of October I had the need to visit South Tyneside Accident and Emergency department on four occasions for assistance with pain relief whilst awaiting delayed surgery at Sunderland Hospital. On each occasion the service and treatment I received was excellent. I was dealt with professionally and efficiently. You read negative reviews about this department, such as waiting times etc. But after so many visits in such a short period of time, I personally can not thank and praise the accident and emergency staff enough.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

South Tyneside District Hospital replied on 14 November 2017

The Trust is grateful for your feedback, whether positive or negative, as it means we can gain an understanding of what is important to our patients. Your kind comments will be shared with the Business Manager of Accident and Emergency to share with the staff on your behalf.