Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Rediculous waiting times between appointments.

I have been under the care of Queens/King Georges rheumatology teams for 18 months. Although the staff are nice, the department seems to be outrageously swamped. I am ideally supposed to be seen every 3 months to review my medication which hasnt worked so far. However, the waiting list is so long that between each of my appointments has been a 7-9 month wait. This means that my joints are getting progressively more permanently damaged without effective treatment. Its nigh on impossible to get the appointments earlier.

Add into that the 2-3 hour waits each time i need a blood test (2 weekly) and the whole experience sucks.

Avoid if possible.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

Queen's Hospital replied on 12 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I am sorry to hear the delays you have experienced in receiving appointments. Please contact our PALS Team on 01708 435 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk, and they will do all they can to help you with this. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Caroline Moore
Divisional Nurse Specialist Medicine

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worse than prison - mind numbing

My father was taken into hospital on Monday, moved into a ward and told that he can use his I pad and stuff etc.

THERE ARE NO TELEVISIONS OR CONTACT WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

The televisions that were there have been removed, these also included phone so that you could call the patient.

Phone signal is so bad that you are lucky to get a text message

The Wifi which you are told you can use, has a connection of 1MB, which, if you are unaware, in not enough to watch any program, or be of any significance, IF YOU CAN GET ANY SIGNAL ANYWAY.

The wifi even says if the signal is poor to move around to see if you can get a better signal.
And that you cannot dtream live TV or movies.

All in all, the hospital is now set in the 1940.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

Queen's Hospital replied on 11 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your fathers experience, I am sorry to hear the concerns that you have raised. We will pass your feedback onto our IT Team to see if there is anything they can do to help with the Wifi connectivity on our wards. If however you would like to discuss your concerns further then please contact us 01708 435 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk. we will do all we can to help you.

The patient Advice and Liaison Service

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

Attended A and o Saturday evening at 1850hrs and was seen quickly and travelled through induction etc. Seern by triage nurse and doctor and problem dealt with in calm , friendly and efficient way.. Congratulation to you and al staff as I was expecting a 4 hr. horrendous wait.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Jah gave Urology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service Urology / Oncology

Urology / Oncology
My husband was seen at Queens this morning where he received the results of various tests for possible prostate cancer. We were so very impressed by the wonderful care that we received as a family. Our son was also present. We were greeted warmly and we were made to feel welcome and put at ease by these wonderful caring professionals. The Consultant Urologist, Consultant Oncologist and the specialist nurses are a brilliant team. We are so grateful for the care and attention we received today. Thanks to all

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Trying to make a blood test appointment for a child

I have been trying since about 9.30 am to make an appointment for my daughter's blood test. I keep calling 01708 435 289 but nobody is picking up. What's the point of having that facility if it's not being manned.

I'm still trying as I type this email. Can somebody please answer the phone.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

Akua gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Multidisciplinary surgical team and Cornflower B staff

I would like express my sincere gratitude to one of the best Gynae, colorectal and general surgical teams in the world. My operation was a very complex and risky one but I was reassured of their experiences and prior successful surgeries.
The after care I received from the surgeons, nurses and all Cornflower B staff was second to none and better than a private health care system.
I would most certainly recommend Queen's hospital.
A very big thank you once again.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

AEJ gave Oncology - Clinical at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Doctor - Oncology Department

This doctor's style in dealing with patients I consider to be outstanding. She is very down to earth, caring and gives you time, a great asset to her profession and to the Oncology Department. I hope she remains at Queens and doesn't move on. Brilliant.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Anonymous gave Urology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Poorly run X-Ray Department Admin

I first went to the Urology Department in Dec 2017 for an appointment and the doctor in charge that day ordered a urogram CT scan to be done. At the X-Ray Department I was clear to let they know I would be abroad unitl mid-Feb. They first booked the scan for exactly the period I said I wouldn´t be in the country, had to ask someone to ring them to try to reschedule and when I went for the CT scan, the staff performed it in less than 10 minutes, with no contrast injection applied. After that, the doctor ordered new exams to be made and a second CT scan as the first one was inconclusive due to the absence of the contrast. Second CT scan was made, this time with the contrast, but once again was conducted wrongly as the staff did the CT scan on my bladder, and not on my urinary tract! Therefore, third CT scan ordered by the doctor, the letter turned up this week and it said "An appt has been made for your CT Liver triple phase X-Ray examination"!!!!!!!! That
is shocking to say the least! This situation has been dragging on since Dec, the X-Ray Department doesn´t seem to give the right appointments to their patients and I could have been getting worse even if I am doing all I can to discover what could be wrong with my kidney! Extremely dissatisfied!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 June 2018

Abdul Mohsin gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best hospital ever seen in my life

I was running and fall down so break my hand in 7 places. I have done ORIF of right distal radius fracture in queens hospital
I don’t have words to explain how great was my hospital experience
God will definitely have special blessings over the staff of hospital
Recommend it to everyone
Very fast, reliable, clean and best possible hospital environment

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Queen's Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Bloods

As we are so quick to complain I would like ito take the time to thank the nurse in cubicle 8 yesterday at about 9 am 31st May in the Blood department .
This was the first time I have had blood taken virtually without pain or bruises.
Extremely professional , friendly & caring. I hope the could be passed on to the person concerned.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 June 2018

Queen's Hospital replied on 04 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I am so pleased to hear that the phlebotomist that took your blood was professional and caring. I will pass your feedback onto the Department Manager so that they are aware of your kind words. Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Caroline Bates