Queen's Hospital

01708 435000 Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Such caring staff

My wife has been admitted to the Gynaecology dept 5 times for HG, every time she has been seen quickly. She had to stay for 3 days and the nurses and doctors have been brilliant, they go above and beyond for their patients. Thank you so much, what an amazing NHS we have.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am so pleased to hear that the care your wife received was brilliant and she was seen to very quickly. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the service so that they are aware of your kind words. Once again thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your wife's experience.

Ian H gave Neurosurgery at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Spinal Op

i would like to say a massive thank you to the team at shaha b ward, the treatment i received was amazing, nothing was to much trouble and they took the time to make sure i had everything from pain relief to a kind word they are a massive credit to the queens Also the team in recovery who did a incredible job of soothing me when i come over a bit funny when waking up. The talents of surgeon is out of this world [shame i cant name them], what they have achieved is nothing short of sensational and it is down to them that i now have a future of looking forward instead of suffering the pain i was in, i am forever grateful for the treatment i have received this year and that is down to the surgeons team and queens as a hole. Once again a massive thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I am so pleased to hear that the care you were provided with whilst you were staying with us was amazing. I will ensure your kind words are passed on to the ward staff on Sahara B, the Neaurosurgery team and to those in recovery so that they are aware what a differnece they have made to you.

Divisional Nurse Specialist Medicine

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Elderley patient visit to Accident and Emergency

My elderley Mum who is nearly 102years old was brought into the accident and emergency department at about 3am Fortunately I met her at the hospital prior to her being assessed She suffers from confusion and did not really understand what was happening or where she was Following her initial assessment she was placed in a waiting area to see the Dr During her long wait I did not find the nurses very attentive in checking she was ok She was very uncomfortable so I called the nurse to help turn her to a more comfortable position The nurse that attended had no idea how to move an very frail lady with very tender legs etc She was handled very roughly and shouted out in pain I ended up having to try and make her comfortable myself A little later my Mum wanted to go to the toilet and again was handled very roughly and in an undignified way Unable to cope with the bedpan I asked if there was a comode she could try but would need a lot of help to get off the bed The bed was very high and I was told that it could not be lowered any more so only one nurse tried to get her off the bed only to find Mum could not cope with this and shouted out in pain If I had not have been there I am convinced if I had not been there that she would have fallen as I virtually had to lift her back on the bed myself The whole experience was distressing and undignified for my Mum and myself

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your mother's and yours experience, I am so sorry to hear the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to discuss this further then, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will discuss your concerns with you and see if there is anything they can do. They can be contacted on 01708 434 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Kim Perry
Divisional Nurse Acute Medicine

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The doctor

An incredible doctor - looked after us so well - the doctor did an amazing job on my Mother-In-Law’s severely injured face following a fall in the street. The doctor is an asset to your hospital and we would like to express thanks.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it is lovely to hear that the doctor that attended to your mother in law did an amazing job. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto the team so that they are aware of your kind words and what a difference they have made.

Kim Perry
Divisional Nurse Acute Medicine

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maternity unit

Very pleased in how I was treated at the maternity unit they were quick on hand when me and baby was in danger and can’t thank them enough for saving both of us many thanks

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

I would like to start by saying congratulations on the birth of your baby and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The team have worked incredibly hard to ensure that women get the best possible experience. I will ensure your feedback gets passed onto the team so that they are aware of your kinds words . Thank you once again for taking the time to let us know about your experience.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Queen's Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Waiting time for an appointment

After an hour and a half wait for my dr to arrive I was seen by a really lovely dr in rheumatologist after blood test x-ray and an injection I was told I would get to appointment in 6 weeks one for a specialist nurse and one to see the dr again well my appointment has come through the post for 7 months!! Wow that is to long to wait to start my treatment for ra was told the earlier you start the better phoned hospital no joy

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I am so sorry to hear the concerns that you have raised. If you need help in trying to secure an earlier appointment then our Patient Advice and Liaison Service may be able to help you, they can be contacted on 01708 434 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Divisional Director Specialist Medicine

anushree mishra gave Maternity services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Birth centre is a Torture

Wouldn't suggest it to no one. They just want you to go home as the midwives are nothing but lazy . I was in intense pain for 2 days where each and every midwife who came to check was embarrassing me that I should be at home not here. . I explained them that home isn't comfortable for me as I am having bad contractions. My bed is quite low . Can't recline and toilet is downstairs . Still I was forced to go home after second day as Merton came to our room and spoke to us. Wet rudely saying it's not our decision I we have to leave . I was literally crying as I couldn't bear the pain . At least I could use gas and other pain relives in hospital which I couldn't at home .i literally wanted to die at one point. But still I was made to leave . Went back howling in a taxi as I was having regular contractions. Just because cervix was taking time in dilating . They made me go irrespective of the torturous pain I was having. Anyways went home and had tocame back in two hours again as I broke waters. I speacially requested triage to not to send me to birth centre as I was treated in a very inhuman way . I was sent to labour . I was so happy with the labour ward staff . I was treated with dignity and respect unlike birth centre where each and every midwife was trying to ashame us by asking us every single time to go home especially the metron . Would never suggest anyone to go there. As it was a very emotional moment for me and I was treated disrespectfully .

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I am so sorry to hear your experience and the concerns that you have raised. If you would like to discuss this further then, please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will discuss your concerns with you and see if there is anything they can do. They can be contacted on 01708 434 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Deputy Chief Nurse / Director of Midwifery

Jimsy gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cannot praise this department enough

I visited this department (Clinical Diagnostic Unit) as an outpatient for an upper GI tract endoscopy today (on a Sunday!!). The staff put me at my ease from the start. I was treated with great respect, and everything was explained to me very clearly, even though I had been sent an explanatory leaflet with my appointment letter.

The whole procedure was quick and efficient, and everyone in the department seemed to be well coordinated and caring.

Before I was discharged, the findings were explained and discussed with me.

None of us wants to be in a hospital for treatment or diagnosis, but I would recommend this department to anyone who has a choice of where to have their outpatients appointment.

10/10!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience, I am pleased to hear that the service you received was good and that all of the staff made you feel and ease from the start and were caring. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto them so that they are aware of your kind words and what a difference they made to you.

Divisional Director Specialist Medicine

Anonymous gave Queen's Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unhelpful staff and very unknowledgeable

I have been to queens before but this time was the most ridiculous service from staff ever. We had an appointment letter sent to us for an appt and called to confirm attendance which was fine. Turn up and no appt and staff blamed is for not checking which we did. With no explanation or apology got turned away with that staff member stating our next appt. Called up to confirm was a totally different date to what we were given....recieved another letter for appt and was told to confirm this. Been calling the hosp for a week and no one is able to direct me to the appropriate department I kept bring transferred and told it's not the right place. One person rudely kept talking over me from switchboard and just transferred me without listening...most disappointing experience ever the most unknowledgeable staff I have experienced

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. We are so sorry to hear the concerns that you have raised. We will pass your feedback onto the manager of the Switchboard so that they are aware of your concerns. If you would like to discuss this further then please contact us, Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01708 435 454 or by email pals@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Queen's Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amber B ward

I have just spend a week in Amber ward B. Would like to thank the staff there for all their help. Always so helpful and cheerful from the tea people through to sisters. Also the ambulance staff that helped to get me there. Only one criticism and that's the doctors don't seem to keep staff upto date with procedures . But ward staff worked so hard to keep you as comfortable as possible. Thank you all so much

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Queen's Hospital replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it is wonderful to hear that all of the staff on Amber B made you feel comfortable during your stay with us. I will pass your feedback onto the team so that they are aware what a good job they are doing. Once again, thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Claire McGregor