Spire Cheshire Hospital

01925 265000 Fir Tree Close, Stretton , Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4LU

CastlegreenBobby gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Very poor care as a diabetic having a colonoscopy

The directions for my preparation were very poor and didnt contain the supplies I needed. On the ward the staff didnt have an operating blood test kit and had poor knowledge of Diabetes. I wasn't kept informed of the waiting time for my procedure despite being very anxious about going 'hypo'. The theatre staff, surgeon and procedure were all very good. Communication other than in theatre was all very poor.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 20 November 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you have not received the high standard of service we always aim to deliver. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us and have a thorough process for considering any complaint we receive and look upon it as an opportunity to identify how we might improve our service.
We would like the opportunity to address the issues you have raised, so if you would like to contact me on 01925 215 004 we can investigate what has happened.

Sian Davies,
Governance Administrator

Anonymous gave Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

In for a colonoscopy with BHS.

I went in for a colonoscopy because of family history. I was well looked after from the moment I checked in to when I left. Friendly staff who let me know how my visit would go. Which helped as I did feel nervous of the unknown. When I was in theatre I was put at ease. By the theatre staff and the consultant. I can't Thank them enough.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 11 October 2017

Thank you for your review of our hospital and team. We recognise that coming into hospital can be daunting so we’re delighted to hear that our team were able to put you at ease and that you were so well looked after.

Best wishes from The Spire Cheshire team

Mark Pinnington gave General Surgery at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gallbladder Reomoval

I had my gallbladder removed on the 5th July 2017. The surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses, receptionist and everyone else were absolutely brilliant. The whole process was explained to me and was carried out in a professional manner. I was always kept informed of the process, things were explained to me and nothing was too much trouble.
The room was spotless and the nurses were always there if I needed them. I would not hesitate in recommending Spire Cheshire Hospital.
Thank You All.
Mark Pinnington

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 10 July 2017

Dear Mr Pinnington,

Thank you for your review of our hospital and our team. We recognise how important it is to keep patients informed and it’s great to hear that you benefited from this. We’re delighted you were so well looked after by the Spire Cheshire team and we wish you all the best in your recuperation.

Verlie Brazel,
Hospital Director

Phil Davies gave Orthopaedics at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment throughout

From start to finish, the treatment I received was excellent. Apart from the obvious quality of the clinical treatment, I really like the way the service is run where appointment times are adhered to and you are treated like an adult and an individual customer rather than a child and just another patient on a list. The explanations given at all times were much appreciated and I always felt the staff member was happy to take time to do what was needed. The whole experience was one of care and professionalism towards me as an individual and I would like to express my thanks to all concerned. It would be wrong to pick out any individual for special mention as everyone who attended to me was first class.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto the choices website. We strive to give all our patients an excellent and professional service and it’s good to get feedback that reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff.
Best wishes from the Spire Cheshire team

Karl Wills gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely brilliant service

I couldn't recommend Spire Cheshire enough. From initial consultation to having the surgery itself, I was really well looked after from beginning to end.

I was referred to the hospital via the NHS, and the difference in service is unbelievable. The staff were very caring, my room was impeccable and the level of attention to detail in everything they provided was perfect.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 10 February 2017

Thank you. It is good to get feedback that reflects the hard work and dedication of the staff members at Spire Cheshire, your comments have been passed on to our excellent team.

Thank you for taking the time to give positive feedback about the service we provide.

Emma A gave General Surgery at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely Fantastic

I visited the hospital yesterday for a small procedure under general anaesthetic. I was totally thrilled to bits with the service from ALL the staff and one thing I really enjoyed was they had a good sense of humour too which is important given the situation and how anxious I get. The hospital was clean and nothing was too much to ask for from any staff member, I would highly recommend to all my friends and family and am very grateful for the care / service I received while here!

Thanks very much - Emma

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 15 February 2017

Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you were pleased with the care provided, our aim is to provide the highest quality service to all our patients in a clean and comfortable environment.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the Spire Cheshire team.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement

From the moment of contact for the first consultancy to the signing off of my programme I was treated with full respect and total dedication by all of the nursing, doctors, ancillary, catering, pharmacy and reception staff.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 23 January 2017

‘Thank you for your feedback. We always aim to deliver an exceptional experience for our patients and we’re pleased that you were so happy with your care.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the Spire Cheshire team.

florence williams gave Orthopaedics at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

reception staff

I have visited the spire cheshire hospital on four occassions last year and on all visits found all ground floor reception staff unwelcoming. On one visit I was asked whether I was nhs or private and advised where to sit because I was nhs causing segregation of patients. In my opinion I would have thought the reception staff are the first point of contact with patients and would have been pleasant towards patients who are very anxious on arrival. I would recommend they have a training day on customer services. No other staff at the spire cheshire hospital behave in this way. I will give all departments five stars except reception staff with who I will give three stars.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 10 January 2017

Spire Cheshire Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

ENT

My 20 year old daughter recently had a tonsillectomy at this hospital and from reception to discharge the staff were amazing and the care she received was excellent.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 September 2016

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 19 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback, it’s great to hear that your daughter was looked after so well. We hope she’s made a speedy recovery. Best wishes from Spire Cheshire Hospital.

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day patient

Extremely apprehensive about my visit with the specialist and "theatre" examination. As soon as I arrived with my wife we were put at ease in the reception area. Cheerful helpful staff put me at ease almost immediately. I can only say from then on everyone was so helpful, friendly and cheerful. After my short investigation medically of course, both my wife and myself were treated impeccably. First class all the way and would highly recommend !

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 30 September 2016

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 09 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto the choices website. We strive to give all our patients an excellent and professional service.
We are very pleased that you had such a positive experience and we will certainly pass on your thanks to our team at Spire Cheshire.