01925 265000 Fir Tree Close, Stretton , Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 4LU

ken gave Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

poor management keep patients waiting needlessly waiting

I attended at 11am for a procedure was taken to a room given modesty shorts and a gown an to to get undressed,after an hour waiting I went to the nuse to enquire why the long wait was informed the doctor would not be arriving until 13.00 hrs.The nurse told me i would be seen first when he arrived and asked me if I was thirsty and hungry and that she would get me a drink and sandwich,the doctor arrived at 12 45 rushed in was very brusque tol me sing consent form and left I waited until 13 30 hrs no tee or SANDWICH OR DOCTOR so i was very uptight chlostrophobic I got dressed and left without treatment. this is no way to treat patients we are people not animals to be caged up

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 17 October 2018

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you have not received the high standard of service we always aim to deliver. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us. We have a thorough process for considering any complaint we receive and look upon it as an opportunity to identify how we might improve our service.
We would like the opportunity to address the issues you have raised, so if you would like to contact me on 01925 215 004 we can investigate what has happened.
Jane Walsh
Patient Experience Coordinator

Graham Emmett gave General Surgery at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Revision of total Knee Replacement Sept 2018

It's hard to know what to say when everything went to plan and the experience was beyond expectations. I went in at Friday 7am, was visited by the surgeon and anesthetist at 8:30, wheeled the few steps to theatre at 11 and was back in my room at 2pm. Very attentive staff, nothing too much trouble - even tea and toast at 11pm that night!

Physiotherapist visited the next morning - even though it was Saturday and got me walking, later that day came back and up and down the stairs. Stairs again Sunday and home on Monday with full instructions about exercising which I knew would be the key to recovery.
Two weeks in, the wound is fully healed and I'm incredibly mobile. The follow up physiotherapy has helped but I think it's the flying start that has given me an accelerated recovery.
I was an NHS patient admitted through the Choose and Book system which not many people seem to know about. From initial consultation to operation was 12 weeks.
All the staff were exemplary - even the lady serving (the excellent) meals went out of her way to make sure I was happy by bringing me extra tea, just going the extra mile and it means so much.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 October 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 15 October 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments Graham. We always aim to deliver an exceptional experience for our patients and we’re pleased that you were so pleased with your care.
All of our staff are dedicated to making sure our patients receive the best care possible, from the consultants and nurses to the physiotherapists and chefs, getting our patients better is a real team approach.

Best wishes from the Spire Cheshire team

Chris O'Neill gave Ophthalmology at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cataract Surgery Day Care

My GP referred my problem to NHS Choices and having used Spire Cheshire as a private patient for other problems I was happy to select it for my Cataract problem. After a pleasingly short wait I was given an appointment with the Consultant who assessed my situation and I was given an appointment for surgery within weeks.
The actual day of surgery was one of friendly, courteous reception, excellent professional explanation and execution of the procedure. All the staff were excellent in their work and I had every confidence in what was being done.
The day care room and Sister was brilliant and I left with various drops and their use carefully explained.
I now look forward to my next surgery to my other eye!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to put your comments onto the choices website. We strive to give all our patients excellent service and it’s great to get feedback that reflects the hard work and commitment of the Spire Cheshire team.

Best wishes Spire Cheshire Team

Nigel Taylor gave Orthopaedics at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary treatment and care

I attended Spire, my hospital of choice, for total knee replacement. The first visit was a consultation with the surgeon who was very reassuring and offered sound information and advice as one would expect. I then received useful written information about every aspect of the hospital and the procedure I was about to be subjected to. Again, very informative and reassuring. My attendance for pre admission assessment was in depth and professionally dealt with by the nurse practitioner and none of my questions were left unanswered. Again, very reassuring. I had to be seen by a physiotherapist who was very clear about what to expect and gave me further documentation with regard to pre and post operative steps I needed to take in readiness for the procedure. A second visit for pre admission blood test was quick and easy and the nurse practitioner offered friendly advice and was very professional. On the day of surgery, every staff member made me feel as though I was a welcome guest on a cruise ship. Smiling faces and caring advice and support made me feel calm and less nervous. The surgeon spoke to me briefly as did the anaesthetist who was clear about the procedure, what to expect and if I had any concerns. Again, none of my questions went unanswered. Every staff member I met right up to the pre-operation procedure made me feel calm and relaxed. In fact, I had forgotten that I was being subjected to major surgery. When the anaesthetist came to prepare me for surgery, everything was made clear about what to feel and expect and before I knew it, I was in recovery chatting with post op staff who made me feel so relaxed. My room was comfortable and very very clean and cared for. Every staff member that attended me after surgery was exemplary in professionalism, friendliness and kindness. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I cannot speak highly enough of Spire Cheshire and the staff who attended me from start to finish. I could use the word ‘pleasurable’ which is strange given that I have had to put up with a great degree of pain and discomfort. That pain and discomfort was diminished considerably by the care and advice of every person I came into contact with at Spire Cheshire.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you were pleased with your experience at Spire Cheshire, our aim is to provide the highest quality service to all our patients in a clean and comfortable environment.
All of our staff are dedicated to making sure our patients receive the best care possible, from the consultants and nurses to the cleaners and chefs, getting our patients better is a real team approach.

Best wishes Spire Cheshire Team

Anonymous gave GP Service (Private) at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Private cardiology consultation

My husband and myself chose to see a particular Cardiologist, privately, due to a recommendation of an extremely close and very trusted friend in order to receive expert, professional advice as soon as possible. All of our interactions, including with 2 Receptionists, a Nurse/Technician, Pharmacy staff and the Consultant himself, were conducted in an extremely professional but simultaneously approachable, friendly, open manner. We cannot praise each of these individuals highly enough because although my husbands' medical status is potentially/actually life limiting, everyone clearly demonstrated great interpersonal skills and much empathy, which is the most vital component of care. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 September 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We always aim to deliver an exceptional experience for our patients and we’re pleased that you were very happy with the care that your husband received at Spire Cheshire.

Best wishes from the Spire Cheshire team.

Robin gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hernia Surgery Day Care

I was referred to the Spire Hospital for my operation by my local GP. I was pleased with the whole process. I’ve given mainly 5 stars even though I would have appreciated a concluding visit by my consultant after the operation had been performed to tell me how he thought the surgery had gone. Many thanks to all the staff.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments onto the NHS Choices website.
We are pleased that you were satisfied by the service you received at Spire Cheshire Hospital and your comments will be shared with our team.
Best wishes from Spire Cheshire.

Colin Davies gave General Surgery at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day stay

From the moment I was received into the hospital everything was superb. There was no rush to chase me out and I was totally satisfied with all the treAtment

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 19 May 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

We are very pleased that your treatment went well and you were satisfied by our service you received at Spire Cheshire Hospital.

Best wishes from the Spire Cheshire Team.

Linda Barlow gave at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care and attention

I have attended the Cheshire Spire on a number of occasions and have had the best care. I would like a special mention for the doctors secretary for her patience and efforts above and beyond expectations and also the doctor for his care. Following my op I would particularly like to thank the staff nurse who took the time to reassure me and all the nurses and support staff

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We always aim to deliver an exceptional experience for our patients and we’re pleased that you were so happy with your care.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from the Spire Cheshire team.

Paul forster gave at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total knee replacement at spire Cheshire warrington

Just a brief thank you to all parties involved in my operation.i have used this hospital as a NHS patient and a private patient in recent years and have always been more than happy with the level of professionalism and care given .on this occasion I was being treated as a NHS patient and due to the more complicated procedure I was a bit apprehensive.but I should not of worried as again from the first consultation with the surgeon the very calming and professional anaesthetist and his assistants and then to all the nurses who are all wonderful and caring,nothing is too much trouble attitude.and all others involved with my care it was all first class
Paul forster

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

Best wishes for your recovery.

Spire Cheshire Hospital

John Bamforth gave General Surgery at Spire Cheshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Day Care Op

Had day care fascietomy op on my hand. All went very smoothly and efficiently. Thanks to the surgeon, and all the team. The full very satisfied marks I have given say it all. Don't need to add any more superlatives.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Spire Cheshire Hospital replied on 16 March 2018

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments onto the choices website.