Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

0800 015 5020 Beech Road, Headington , Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX3 7RP

Mei gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic experience of hip replacement!

After quite a frustrating drawn out process of getting a final recommendation for a hip replacement through the bureaucratic NHS system, I selected the Manor Hospital because of its convenience to where I lived and good reputation, through the 'Choose and Book' system.

From the first consultation with the Consultant, the lovely pre-op assessment staff and everyone involved in the actual surgery and in-patient experience, everything has been excellent, with prompt and attentive responses and personal, friendly care. I can't say enough about how brilliant everyone has been at the Manor.

At my pre-op assessment, a 'problem' was picked up that required more investigation before we could proceed with booking surgery. The pre-op assessment nurse called me every step of the way to keep me in the loop and after a few more appointments which were dealt with very expeditiously, I finally was given the all clear and my operation was booked within the month, which was very welcome news after the good part of a year of waiting.

When the day came for me to have my operation, the staff communicated with me well to ensure I didn't have a long wait and I was well prepared for the surgery, the Consutlants were very professional but friendly, and came to talk me through the process, and before I knew it, I was in the recovery room after a swift and comfortable procedure!

Not having had much experience in a hospital, I was pleasantly surprised how caring and friendly the staff were and the nursing staff in particular were just amazingly attentive and deserve so much more than what I suspect they are given. Great food menu, regular visits from nursing and catering staff and physiotherapists, daily cleaning of room and change of sheets, lovely room! I could go on and on , but I think this review is getting a bit long.

Needless to say, I have been very happy with everything to do with my treatment and would thoroughly recommend the Manor. I do appreciate that as an NHS patient in a private hospital, I am very fortunate to have received this level of care and I am super grateful.

Big thank you!!

Meiling

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 12 September 2017

"We are delighted to receive your feedback and will ensure it is circulated to our teams. All feedback is important good and bad, it helps us improve the quality of care we offer to our patients. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I wish you a quick and uneventful recovery.
Best regards
Louise Rowbotham"
Hospital Director.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford

Follow up after surgery

I quickly got a private appointment after a referral by my GP. Soon after that I was given a date for surgery. I was well looked after and have no complaints at all. It is the follow-up that has been so difficult, and I quite agree with those who found the same. It looked as though I was going to be left for about 3 weeks before anyone even looked at the wound or gave me a new bandage following the surgery (which was a day case). I did manage to get an appointment by telephone and the bandage was changed for a lighter one. I still have wires in my hand which have to be removed after an appointed time. I have tried to make an appointment for that. I feel that I have been left in limbo and would never have been given a follow-up appointment if I had not telelphoned 3 times. Does after care stop immediately after surgery? We are paying patients and this does not give a good impression. Everything else about the hospital was good.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 01 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback, I am very disappointed that you have experienced such problems. In light of your comments I have instigated a formal investigation and review as to how the process failed.

Louise Rowbotham
01865 307777

Tere gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Excellent staff

My husband had surgery yesterday. We are very pleased and thankful with the staff, who made everything they could to take care of us. They checked on me (I am pregnant) and made sure I felt comfortable. And they weren't the only one. The doctors came, explained and answered all our questions.

The only thing we think the hospital should improve is the surgery's timetable. They asked us to be there at 7 am and also they asked my husband to have his last meal at 10pm the night before. His surgery was at 3 pm. At that time he was starving, concerned and anxious.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 01 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am delighted to hear your lovely feedback. Thank you for your constructive comments we will take these on board to help other patients. I wish your husband a quick and uneventful recovery.

Louise Rowbotham, Hospital Director

Louise Rowbotham
01865 307777

Quentin Bowser gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Ongoing fantastic care

Since being diagnosed with colon cancer and now peritoneal cancer, the care I have received, particularly from the oncology team and the amazing nurses has been fantastic. All the staff are friendly and welcoming from consultants to cleaners.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 April 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 18 April 2017

Dear Mr Bowser

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on our service during a period of time that must be hugely challenging and feel like a bit of a roller-coaster ride for you. The feedback means so much to the team, and I am delighted to read your lovely comments. May I take this opportunity to wish you a smooth passage through your treatment.

With very best wishes

Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director

DMMH gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Flawless care and courtesy

I had a total hip replacement in December 2016. From the pre-op assessment through to discharge, the level of medical care was top-notch. But what really stood out for me was the courtesy and respect for my dignity shown by every person I came into contact with. It was like being in a really nice hotel with charming and friendly staff, from the cleaners who asked if it was convenient to clean my room, the nurses who apologised for disturbing me to take observations, to the consultant and anaesthetist who made me feel like an equal partner in my treatment. The outcome is stunning - after just three and a half weeks I can walk over a mile without a stick. I'm certain the care and encouragement I received has contributed to the speedy recovery.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 January 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 12 January 2017

Thank you for your feedback, which was a pleasure to read. We put our patients, customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We explain things clearly to our patients, we listen, and we show empathy and understanding. We balance patient care with sustainable results, keeping quality front of mind and we invest all our profits into creating a better and better service. Our aim is to get you home and back to doing the things you love to do, I am therefore delighted you are walking a mile without a stick.
Best wishes for your recovery and rehabilitation.

Hospital Director

Anonymous gave at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Theatre Staff

I had a hysterectomy in December 2016 and the care from pre-op to discharge was impeccable. I was extremely nervous to be having an anaesthetic and must report that both the Theatre Manager and the Anaesthetic nurse were fabulous. I was chatting away to them both and the next thing I remembered was walking up in recovery. They were both very experienced and charming and I wish I could have thanked them for making me feel so at ease. It's now 6 weeks since my operation and I feel marvellous!!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 January 2017

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 24 January 2017

“Thank you for your feedback, which was a pleasure to read. We put our patients, customers and colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We explain things clearly to our patients, we listen, and we show empathy and understanding. We balance patient care with sustainable results, keeping quality front of mind and we invest all our profits into creating a better and better service. Our aim is to get you home and back to doing the things you love to do, I am therefore delighted you are recovering well. We will share your lovely feedback with the teams.
Best wishes for your continued recovery .”
Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

Received CT guided joint injection yesterday and whole experience was excellent. Grateful thanks to the radiographer and radiologist who carried out the scans and injections and kept me informed throughout. Very happy with everything that happened. Superb treatment.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 11 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 13 May 2016

Thank you for feeding back, it is lovely to read you positive comments, we value all feedback, using it to enhance our service to our patients.
Louise Sullivan, Hospital Director

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 3 stars

Administration leaves a lot to be desired!

Cannot fault the care I received from the consultant but the administration is shocking! I was told that I would be contacted by Radiology the day after my appointment with the consultant. As it was a Bank Hoiiday weekend I waited an extra day and then rang Radiology - they had not received the referral form. Rang the consultants secretary - no reply (haven't ever received a reply so far!). Rang a different number which was answered and was then told the referral form was still in the first secretaries intray! Radiology cannot make me an appointment without the referral and also tell me that there are only a couple of appointments left for next week. So, I still do not have an appointment for treatment and it is now unlikely to be next week!

I waited well over two weeks to see the consultant and only managed to get an appointment by spending about two hours on the phone, emails and messages went unanswered and eventually I had to speak to one of the managers.

I am self employed and virtually unable to work at the moment and didn't want my business to collapse so I decided to 'self pay' in order to get prompt treatment.

Not impressed!

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 03 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 04 May 2016

“We value your feedback, we strive to give our patients the highest standard of care, and will use your feedback to make change to our practice. I apologise for the tardiness of our administrative support. In order to investigate fully it would be helpful to have more detail in respect of the problems you experienced. If you were able to write to me with further detail it would enable me to investigate the problems you experienced in detail."

Tel: 01865 30 7641
Mob: 07887967142

Alison gave Orthopaedics at Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

I felt very upset & angry after my follow up appointment which I had been waiting for patiently, after several other tests. I found my notes had not even been read, appointment was very rushed, I also had to remind them I had an ultrasound & something was wrong, this was not looked into? Oh and I didn't go about my weight but that seemed to be a real issue even thou I'm not classed as overweight even by my GP! I'm very saddened by this attitude & disrespectful manner I was treated in.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 04 May 2016

Tel: 01865 30 7641
Mob: 07887967142

Heather gave Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford a rating of 1 stars

Appalling patient care

I visited the manor hospital recently to see a neurologist. This has been worst hospital experience I have ever had. I was diagnosed by the neurologist I saw with a serious health condition before having the necessary scan and without consideration or discussion of other conditions. Despite attending the appointment on my own, after dropping that news on me the neurologist ended the appointment leaving me in tears, with no information on the condition or understanding of what would happen next. At no point did they ask if I was ok or check to make sure I was safe to drive.

Since receiving that diagnosis I have been completely left unsupported by the manor to co-ordinate different appointment with different departments. There is no communication between departments and it took me 3 days to get an answer from the mri department who never answer their phones. Having booked an mri appointment I then received no paperwork confirming the details. When I complained I was told it was my fault as I didn't leave my email address, despite having not been asked for it.

On the subject of the neurologist, the manor apparently accept no responsibility for the standards of care or service from these neurologists as they are private contractors.

I am still waiting for the Mri scan but in the meantime I've been left completely unsupported by the manor who made no attempt to help coordinate patient care, despite it being a particularly traumatic and serious diagnosis that I face.

I would definitely not be recommending this hospital!

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 16 November 2015

Nuffield Health, The Manor Hospital, Oxford replied on 16 November 2015

We value your feedback, we strive to give our patients the highest standard of care, and use feedback to make change to our practice. It is very disappointing to read your comments, and we would welcome the opportunity to meet with you, to discuss how we could have done things better, and also to provide you with the support you need during this stage of your treatment and diagnosis. Please contact Nuffield Health's The Manor Hospital Oxford, on 01865 307641, so that we can coordinate a meeting.
With kind regards