The Westbourne Centre

0121 456 0880 53 Church Road, Edgbaston , Birmingham, B15 3SJ

Keith Batcheltor gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

The perfect dentist for a scaredy cat like me

I went to the dentist today, for a tooth extraction.
The dentist I saw (shame I cannot mention his name) and his staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, and the dentist explained everything about the procedure and what to expect afterwards.
Two quick injections in my mouth, and less than 10, yes 10 minutes later, all over. NO PAIN,I'll say it again, so it sinks into my own head, NO PAIN.
Wonderful caring people, what more can I say.
Oh and the great reception staff even sorted a taxi out for me and the wife.
I cannot thank all at the Westbourne Centre enough.
I only wish that I lived closer!!!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 08 March 2019

The Westbourne Centre replied on 12 March 2019

Thanks so much for leaving your feedback, Keith. We're really pleased that you had a good experience and that you felt NO PAIN! We'll pass your comments onto the whole team and let them know the 'scaredy cat' is a 'happy bunny'.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

Cataract operation

They look after you really well, put you at ease and talk you through every step of the way. 10 out of 10

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 12 November 2018

Thank you for your kind feedback; we're delighted you had a good experience with us and will pass your comments on to the team.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 1 stars

Poor communication

Appalled at how poor the centre communicates with me as a patient. Have called/left voice messages and even spoken to resection team - never a call back!
There is no email or any obvious means to contact the Centre other then by telephone - which goes to voicemail.
I was promised treatment within 2 or 3 weeks and am still waiting.
Patient Booking and Reception clearly in cahoots to block any communication or it's incompetence?
Poor service either way

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 October 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 08 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with us here at The Westbourne - this is not the usual high standard of patient care we pride ourselves on. Please can you contact our team on 0121 456 0897 or email enquiries@westbournecentre.com, and we'll do our best to resolve the problems for you.

Ishtiaq ahmad gave General Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

They all work very beautiful I like it recommend ??

Beautiful staff

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 14 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review. We're sure the whole team will be happy to receive such a compliment!

Jim P gave The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and Timely Treatment

All aspects of the medical service were first class; covering the initial consultation ( for removal of a facial skin lesion),subsequent pre-op checks, operation and follow up on the success of operation.

I am an NHS patient and the waiting time for the initial consultation and then operation were very good ( two or three weeks between each stage) and very much better than for another hospital. All appointments were kept to the exact time. Very impressive. If I go private in the future I will use the Westbourne.

All the admin staff were very efficient, friendly and welcoming. Loads of reminders about the various appointments.

Allow plenty of time to be there for the appointment, there was virtually no slippage in the appointment time and parking at the Westbourne is limited but free, there is a nearby P&D car park a few minutes walk away.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 August 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 24 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, Jim. We're really pleased that your treatment was a success and that the process ran smoothly for you. We will pass your comments onto the staff.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

Crown and root extraction

As a very anxious patient I buried my head and failed to read any info sent to me. The surgery staff were all very understanding and chased up with compassionate and patient phone calls explaining the procedure at a level I could cope with. The dentists were extremely patient and professional with me at every stage. Despite the complexity and unforeseen length of the procedure, I experienced no swelling a bit of pain for a week or so and healed beautifully. Testament to the talented professionals and hygienic environment they work in. Thank you so much for putting up with me

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 August 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 24 August 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're really pleased that our staff were able to meet your needs and give you a positive experience. Glad to hear you've healed well and we're happy to have been of service.

Anonymous gave The Westbourne Centre a rating of 2 stars

Dental Scan

The map provided by the Centre was not detailed enough for people like us who neither live in, nor know the area. Hence the centre was difficult to find.
The welcome and information at the reception was very good, however, there was no-one available at the Dental Area to make enquiries of. This was very pertinent to my experience since I was kept waiting for over 55 minutes after the time of my appointment for my dental scan. I had to return to reception to find out the reason for the delay. I was told by a staff member at reception that the person doing the scans on that day was not the regular scanner and 'they have probably forgotten you.' Although the receptionist tried to resolve the issue, frankly we found this attitude and comment unacceptable.
When I was eventually called in for my scan (almost 1 hour late), there was no apology for the delay expect the comment was made that' the system was down'.That is no excuse in a professional setting. When the computer system is down surely there should always be another process available for noting appointments.
The information provided by the scanner was good, but the whole experience was quite unsatisfactory for the above reasons

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. We're really sorry to hear that your appointment did not meet our usual high standards on this occasion. We will share your comments with the relevant teams and take steps to ensure this doesn't occur again. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.

Isaac Rafael gave General Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

Tooth extraction

I recently attended the Westbourne Centre for a tooth extraction with a consultant. The first of my three visits was brief. I had a dental x ray, followed by me explaining the issues I had encountered and what could be done to resolve it. I was reassured my other oral issues were linked to my wisdom tooth being impacted, and that he could resolve this for me, no problem.
Whilst waiting for a letter to confirm the details of my surgery (just over a week), I thought I’d pop into the centre to see if I could get a cancellation slot or anything sooner. Reception kindly found an available slot for the following week.
Extraction day. the consultant could tell I was really nervous but again, he reassured me it would be fine, done in 20 minutes and made a couple of jokes to lighten the mood. To my delight, the tooth was out in around 15 minutes (I timed it) and I felt no pain at all. I was given advice for after treatment and I was out. No problem.
Ten days later, I had my final consultation regarding the extraction. I was very happy with the surgery and aftercare received (still no pain). I will be returning to have a Salivary gland stone under my tongue removed.
I'd like to thank all the staff at the centre for ensuring I had a pleasant experience.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 30 June 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 02 July 2018

Thanks for your review, Isaac. Glad you had a pleasant experience us here at The Centre. We'll pass your feedback onto the team.

Anonymous gave at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

I was totally satisfied with all aspects of my care.

I had surgery ( radio ablation) for varicose veins in both legs. Excellent result.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 16 August 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 28 August 2018

Thanks for your review. Glad to hear everything went well.

Justine gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Westbourne Centre a rating of 5 stars

Wisdom tooth extraction

My last remaining wisdom tooth which was the best removal where recovery was less painful and healed with no problems. Very happy with result.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

The Westbourne Centre replied on 16 August 2018

Thank you for the happy review. It's great to hear there were no problems and the mending process was quick pain-free.