Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

01865 903703 York Road , Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2EB

Beryl Bartley gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Superb example of the NHS at its best. Saturday on Regatta week is not the best time to go anywhere in Henley but the unit was calm, parking was easy and the staff were welcoming and very helpful and knowledgeable. They also provided the medication I needed for my injury so no extra visits to pharmacy.
An excellent service, so reassuring to know it is there

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Refused to see me

Injured my leg some time during week. Got steadily worse and to the point of being unable to walk. Attended Townlands, but they refused to see me. This was because I couldnt give the receptionist the precise date of the injury or pinpoint exactly how it had occurred. By all accounts without this information you aren't eligible. The receptionist must double as a triage nurse?

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2018

I am so sorry to read that you feel dissatisfied with your experience.

We do really want to hear about all experiences of our Trust, both good and bad so that we can address any concerns and improve our services. We would welcome you contacting our PALS team (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) so we can look into your concerns either via email- PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or on our Freephone number- 0800 328 7971.

PALS Officer

Joe Patient gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Watch out for the parking

An excellent facility in my brief experience - in all regards EXCEPT one non-medical aspect of my visit. I don't think I'm daft, but I thought I had inputted the correct information to the computer on entry. Apparently this is required among other things to confirm your occupation of a parking space on-site. Certainly at the end of the brief input process all seemed complete. However, more than five weeks after my appointment I receive notice of a parking fine of £60, with pictures of my vehicle leaving and entering the site (data protection?), with the usual threats of increase costs, etc. should I not pay or challenge within two weeks. This notice comes from "Smart Parking" on behalf of the owner of the land - clearly not the NHS. PLEASE BE WARNED future patients: don't be fooled, as I was, by this nice little earner, which seems a bit like preying on sick people.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

illegal parking fine

I have just received an illegal parking fine from you wonderful parking people NOT
I took my husband Duncan on 10th May for his 1100 o'clock at the physio dept,,
I entered all my details on the machine as I have always done and I validated it .My husband also has a blue disabled badge..
He has damaged his meniscus on his left knee and uses crutches.I dont have any letters as it was a last minute appt and it was done through a message on his phone which he has now deleted
please help .
I have filled in the online appeal awaiting to hear from them .But I am not happy as I did everything by the book my husband has a further two appts on 7th June at the heart clinic and trauma will not use carpark and he will have to struggle getting there .

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback, I was very sorry to hear that you have been fined when parking at Townlands Community Hospital.

Unfortunately, although we provide some services from this site the parking is over seen by NHS Parking Services, should you wish to contact them directly there email is customer.service@property.nhs.uk

Alex Bambury
PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Rapid Access Care Unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

All gloss and no thought

The old Townlands never had the issues the new hospital has now. Waiting times have jumped up, the environment is sterile in both the good and bad senses, and there’s no familiarity anymore. Doctors, nurses and other staff members rotate as if they are in a revolving door - there’s no continuity for patients anymore. My dermatology appointments, at the “old, run down, dated” hospital never had me waiting for more than five minutes and I’d be in and out with all the care I needed in no time. This fancy new shell of a hospital? I now expect hour long delays and to see a doctor or nurse who I have never met before. And the awful, evil parking system rubs salt into the wound. How many poor folks have been punished with a £100 fine after waiting too long for a loved one delayed by the staff? This isn’t a local hospital anymore. It’s not part of the community. It’s a threadbare NHS’s desperate attempt to serve the people of this town who, given the town’s rapidly aging population, desperately need it. It’s awful, but I suppose it is clean. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but what choice do you have if you live in Henley?

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback relating to your experience of attending Townlands Hospital.

I am really sorry to read that you have encountered long waiting times for appointments, a high turn over of staff and an uninviting environment. I was also sorry to hear of your concerns in relation to the car parking.

We take all feedback about out services seriously and I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or 0800 328 7971) so that we can work with you to ensure we learn from your experience to improve the service provided to others.

PALS Officer

Disgusting Care of 83 Year Old Man!

Firstly, I must point out that I wasn't receiving treatment at the Hospital, I was waiting with my husband as he had fallen and hurt his wrist. Shortly after we arrived, an elderly man appeared at the main reception desk, asking if it was OK that he had parked his car where he had, the gentleman had parked in the disabled bay. He mentioned to the member of reception, he had fallen and was in terrible pain with his right shoulder, he couldn't manoeuvre the steering wheel enough to park in a smaller bay. The receptionist responded saying he should get someone to pick him up as he can’t drive like that (helpful comment, NOT)! The receptionist asked the elderly man to point out his car, but whilst she had her back to the old man, but clear to my husband and I, pulled faces and rolled her eyes as if she really couldn't be bothered with the old man. Then she went on to say that he needed to enter his registration number, he was very confused, he said he couldn't think, to which she replied, are you always this confused (a number of times)? Really patronising, which he could obviously tell by the tone of her voice and got quite upset. Then the women said again that he would need to enter his registration number, but he couldn’t remember it, so she offered him a pencil and paper and sent him on his way out to get it, his hand clutching his shoulder. At this point, I have gotten out of my seat and offered to assist the elderly gentleman by going out for him to get his registration number, as I could see that he needed to be sat down, not messing about trying to get a registration number for a receptionist who clearly couldn’t care less! I took a photo of his car and went back into reception.
When I returned with a photo of the gentleman’s car, and started entering the details into the system another receptionist appeared who points out I am 'entering it wrong for the gentleman' on the system, to which I point out that yes, I am, however, at least I am trying to help him. This caused both receptionists to give out the most pathetic of yelps as if I had just slapped them both around the face! I can honestly say, that the treatment and service that the elderly man received from these two receptionists whilst I was sat in the waiting area was absolutely disgusting. There was not an ounce of sympathy for him, nor did they care that he was obviously in some pain. I truly hope that if they reach the ripe old age of 83, that someone with the same attitude that they both have, treats them exactly the same way that they treated the elderly gentleman! I am sure that these women deal with a number of elderly people during the day, I am sure it sometimes becomes frustrating, but then, perhaps they should change jobs if they cant be nice! The service I have had previously at Townlands was outstanding, but that was probably because I visited on a Saturday afternoon when no receptionists were to be seen!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 25 April 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2018

I am so sorry to read of your experience when attending the Minor Injuries Unit at Townlands Hospital.

PALS Officer

Fi Barnes gave Rapid Access Care Unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great local facility

Just got sent here by 111 as my 5 month old daughter is poorly - staff were absolutely lovely and so grateful to them. Especially relieved that didn’t need to go to RBH A&E as was our if GP hours as knew waiting times there would be huge. Would be nice if we could attend without going through 111 but appreciate a system is needed. Henley wouldn’t be the same without it. Thanks for everything guys especially one person in particular- you were lovely and so patient and reassuring.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 26 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback around the care and treatment your daughter received. It is really lovely to read your comments

Please be reassured I will share your feedback with the relevant managers of the Unit to enable them to share your feedback team wide.

If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please do call PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) on 0800 328 7971.

Thank you once again for your feedback

PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

What a wonderful resource here in Henley

I visited the ‘new’ Townlands this morning and was so impressed I wanted to leave a review (something I have never done before). Following a ski accident last week, I went to Townlands as advised by the medics in Italy. I have a broken arm that is already in a cast and needed to check that the bone is still in the correct place. Whilst I still have to go to the fracture clinic at the RBH, the service I received at Townlands was first class from the minute I arrived. The receptionist was friendly, helpful and efficient. I saw a member of the minor injuries team within minutes, x rayed about 15 minutes later, and sent home with advice and reassurance. Whilst there one of the nurses also tidied up my cast, cutting off a sharp edge and making me much more comfortable. What a service. Thank you to all the staff I saw today at Townlands.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 March 2018

Dear Anon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback following your visit to the MIU Department at Townlands Hospital in Henley. It is so lovely to read how you found staff friendly, attentive, helpful and you were seen quickly.
Please be assured that I will share your lovely feedback with the relevant manager of the service and I do hope you are in less pain and on the mend with your broken arm.

Sarah Woods
PALS Officer

Lawrie88 gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Appalling parking system

The hospital is excellent, but I would not fully recommend it because of the appalling company that runs the car park.
I do not know how this company, Smart Parking, got a contract for this. They already have a terrible reputation - see Guardian article

The system is totally unsuitable because -
firstly you do not have any proof that you have filled in the tablet screen in reception in the form of a ticket and
secondly, if you make the slightest mistake it is invalid.

How many people never make mistakes and have difficulty remembering their car number? This is especially so with older people, as most patients like us attending hospitals are.

Also it should not be possible to put in an incorrect number. Decent systems immediately match the number entered with the image of car entering. If this does not happen you know you have made a mistake and try again.

Unfortunately both I and my husband have appointments with you soon, but I will probably park in Waitrose, which has a slightly more foolproof parking system, and stagger up the hill to the clinic.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 10 March 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 March 2018

Dear Lawrie88

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback that relates to the smart parking system that is in place at Townlands Hospital in Henley on Thames.
I am sorry to read your concerns around this system and want to make you aware that Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust do not oversee the parking on this site as it is provided by NHS Property Services. I will share your feedback with them but if you wanted to discuss this in more detail with them, they can be contacted on 0800 0853 015 or via email customer.service@property.nhs.uk.

Sarah Woods
PALS Officer

SallyP gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service!

I visited Towlands with my son in January this year. He had tripped at home and I felt he may have broken one of his toes.
On arrival the receptionist was very helpful. We completed some paperwork and were called through to see the nurse within 10 minutes. She felt as well as his toe being broken and bone in his foot was also broken. She arranged an x-ray straight away and we were back waiting to see the nurse within 10 minutes. She confirmed that indeed there was a bone broken in his toe but luckily not in his foot. The toe was strapped and my son given advice regarding strapping, pain management and when to start exercising again etc.
The hospital itself was so bright and sparkly clean.Thr staff were all friendly and very professional. It was a fantastic experience and in total we were probably in and out in about 40 minutes. Many thanks!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 22 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback around the care and treatment your son received at Townlands Community Hospital. It is really lovely to read of your experience.

Thank you once again for your feedback