Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

01865 903703 York Road , Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2DR

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great Service in Minor Injuries Unit

Attended the minor injuries unit this morning with my 85 year old father.after being referred there by 111 NHS line. A lovely clean hospital .We were seen very quickly and treated extremely well by very courteous staff who resolved my Father's problem and helped with advise on how to look after his post op wound over the next week or so. The whole experience was a very good one and I would certainly use the service again. Thank you to the lovely nurses who helped us.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 20 October 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 October 2018

Many thanks for talking the time to leave this feedback, it means a great deal to our staff to know they are appreciated.
I have passed your comments onto the team.

PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Always a pleasant patient experience.

With a 93 year old disabled father, and being a senior myself, had spent almost an hour on Monday at RBH trying to park for an XRay, without success. Contacted Townlands, who made an appointment, and we went today. Easy to park, smile and welcome from the reception staff and directed to X Ray where an equally helpful and efficient receptionist booked us in. We were seen promptly by the radiographer who could not have been more helpful and understanding. This is not my first visit but the service has always been first class. Thank you all..

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2018

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. I'll be delighted to pass it onto the Hospital and ensure it's circulated amongst the staff.

King Regards

Great service in Minor Inuries Unit

Attended the minor injuries unit today and were treated extremely well. Efficient and courteous staff and a nice, clean hospital. The whole experience was a very good one and I would certainly use the service again. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 September 2018

Hi

Many thanks for leaving this feedback. It means a great deal to our staff to hear they are appreciated.

PALS Officer.

Sincere thanks

My young daughter attended the minor injury unit on Mon. The medical staff were excellent - they quickly organised an X-ray and once the results were known followed up with the next steps (letter, phone call to RBH). My daughter needed an op and once discharged from RBH, I rang the Towlands on two different days for some advice. I am grateful for the advice given which certainly aided in my child’s post op recovery.
Many thanks!!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 September 2018

Many thanks for sending this feedback, it’s always nice to hear of people’s positive experience when accessing services.
Please be reassured I will share your feedback with the relevant managers of the Unit to enable them to share your feedback team wide.
If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please do call PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) on 0800 328 7971.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Andrew Hoare
PALS Officer

Beryl Bartley gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Superb example of the NHS at its best. Saturday on Regatta week is not the best time to go anywhere in Henley but the unit was calm, parking was easy and the staff were welcoming and very helpful and knowledgeable. They also provided the medication I needed for my injury so no extra visits to pharmacy.
An excellent service, so reassuring to know it is there

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 September 2018

Many thanks for sending this positive feedback. It means a great deal to our staff when they receive thanks and praise.

Very happy with how well I was looked after

I arrive at 9.10 on Saturday morning having fallen in the garden while watering. I was seen, had Xrays and advised of treatment and left by 10.20. It was so efficient and nice!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it’s always nice to hear of peoples positive experience when accessing services.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Alexandra Bambury
PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Refused to see me

Injured my leg some time during week. Got steadily worse and to the point of being unable to walk. Attended Townlands, but they refused to see me. This was because I couldnt give the receptionist the precise date of the injury or pinpoint exactly how it had occurred. By all accounts without this information you aren't eligible. The receptionist must double as a triage nurse?

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2018

I am so sorry to read that you feel dissatisfied with your experience.

We do really want to hear about all experiences of our Trust, both good and bad so that we can address any concerns and improve our services. We would welcome you contacting our PALS team (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) so we can look into your concerns either via email- PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or on our Freephone number- 0800 328 7971.

Alexandra Bambury
PALS Officer

Joe Patient gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Watch out for the parking

An excellent facility in my brief experience - in all regards EXCEPT one non-medical aspect of my visit. I don't think I'm daft, but I thought I had inputted the correct information to the computer on entry. Apparently this is required among other things to confirm your occupation of a parking space on-site. Certainly at the end of the brief input process all seemed complete. However, more than five weeks after my appointment I receive notice of a parking fine of £60, with pictures of my vehicle leaving and entering the site (data protection?), with the usual threats of increase costs, etc. should I not pay or challenge within two weeks. This notice comes from "Smart Parking" on behalf of the owner of the land - clearly not the NHS. PLEASE BE WARNED future patients: don't be fooled, as I was, by this nice little earner, which seems a bit like preying on sick people.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

illegal parking fine

I have just received an illegal parking fine from you wonderful parking people NOT
I took my husband Duncan on 10th May for his 1100 o'clock at the physio dept,,
I entered all my details on the machine as I have always done and I validated it .My husband also has a blue disabled badge..
He has damaged his meniscus on his left knee and uses crutches.I dont have any letters as it was a last minute appt and it was done through a message on his phone which he has now deleted
please help .
I have filled in the online appeal awaiting to hear from them .But I am not happy as I did everything by the book my husband has a further two appts on 7th June at the heart clinic and trauma will not use carpark and he will have to struggle getting there .

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback, I was very sorry to hear that you have been fined when parking at Townlands Community Hospital.

Unfortunately, although we provide some services from this site the parking is over seen by NHS Parking Services, should you wish to contact them directly there email is customer.service@property.nhs.uk

Alex Bambury
PALS Officer

Donald Alcorn gave Physiotherapy at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Parking

I attended for a physiotherapy appointment on Wednesday 16th May and have had the same difficulties as previously reviewed.

I am going through the appeals process bur it seems impossible to argue with a machine!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 September 2018

Dear Mr Alcorn

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback relating to your experience of attending Physiotherapy at Townlands.

I am really sorry to read that you've had issues with parking.

I'm afraid that parking is outside the authority of this Trust and under the control of NHS Parking solutions.

Andrew Hoare