Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust

01865 903703 York Road , Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 2DR

Anonymous gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Always a pleasant patient experience.

With a 93 year old disabled father, and being a senior myself, had spent almost an hour on Monday at RBH trying to park for an XRay, without success. Contacted Townlands, who made an appointment, and we went today. Easy to park, smile and welcome from the reception staff and directed to X Ray where an equally helpful and efficient receptionist booked us in. We were seen promptly by the radiographer who could not have been more helpful and understanding. This is not my first visit but the service has always been first class. Thank you all..

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2018

Hi

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this feedback. I'll be delighted to pass it onto the Hospital and ensure it's circulated amongst the staff.

King Regards
Andrew

PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service in Minor Inuries Unit

Attended the minor injuries unit today and were treated extremely well. Efficient and courteous staff and a nice, clean hospital. The whole experience was a very good one and I would certainly use the service again. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 September 2018

Hi

Many thanks for leaving this feedback. It means a great deal to our staff to hear they are appreciated.

Andrew
PALS Officer.

Sincere thanks

My young daughter attended the minor injury unit on Mon. The medical staff were excellent - they quickly organised an X-ray and once the results were known followed up with the next steps (letter, phone call to RBH). My daughter needed an op and once discharged from RBH, I rang the Towlands on two different days for some advice. I am grateful for the advice given which certainly aided in my child’s post op recovery.
Many thanks!!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 September 2018

Many thanks for sending this feedback, it’s always nice to hear of people’s positive experience when accessing services.
Please be reassured I will share your feedback with the relevant managers of the Unit to enable them to share your feedback team wide.
If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please do call PALS (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) on 0800 328 7971.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Andrew Hoare
PALS Officer

Beryl Bartley gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Superb example of the NHS at its best. Saturday on Regatta week is not the best time to go anywhere in Henley but the unit was calm, parking was easy and the staff were welcoming and very helpful and knowledgeable. They also provided the medication I needed for my injury so no extra visits to pharmacy.
An excellent service, so reassuring to know it is there

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Very happy with how well I was looked after

I arrive at 9.10 on Saturday morning having fallen in the garden while watering. I was seen, had Xrays and advised of treatment and left by 10.20. It was so efficient and nice!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 30 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback, it’s always nice to hear of peoples positive experience when accessing services.

Thank you once again for your feedback

PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Refused to see me

Injured my leg some time during week. Got steadily worse and to the point of being unable to walk. Attended Townlands, but they refused to see me. This was because I couldnt give the receptionist the precise date of the injury or pinpoint exactly how it had occurred. By all accounts without this information you aren't eligible. The receptionist must double as a triage nurse?

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 June 2018

I am so sorry to read that you feel dissatisfied with your experience.

We do really want to hear about all experiences of our Trust, both good and bad so that we can address any concerns and improve our services. We would welcome you contacting our PALS team (Patient Advice & Liaison Service) so we can look into your concerns either via email- PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or on our Freephone number- 0800 328 7971.

PALS Officer

Joe Patient gave Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Watch out for the parking

An excellent facility in my brief experience - in all regards EXCEPT one non-medical aspect of my visit. I don't think I'm daft, but I thought I had inputted the correct information to the computer on entry. Apparently this is required among other things to confirm your occupation of a parking space on-site. Certainly at the end of the brief input process all seemed complete. However, more than five weeks after my appointment I receive notice of a parking fine of £60, with pictures of my vehicle leaving and entering the site (data protection?), with the usual threats of increase costs, etc. should I not pay or challenge within two weeks. This notice comes from "Smart Parking" on behalf of the owner of the land - clearly not the NHS. PLEASE BE WARNED future patients: don't be fooled, as I was, by this nice little earner, which seems a bit like preying on sick people.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

illegal parking fine

I have just received an illegal parking fine from you wonderful parking people NOT
I took my husband Duncan on 10th May for his 1100 o'clock at the physio dept,,
I entered all my details on the machine as I have always done and I validated it .My husband also has a blue disabled badge..
He has damaged his meniscus on his left knee and uses crutches.I dont have any letters as it was a last minute appt and it was done through a message on his phone which he has now deleted
please help .
I have filled in the online appeal awaiting to hear from them .But I am not happy as I did everything by the book my husband has a further two appts on 7th June at the heart clinic and trauma will not use carpark and he will have to struggle getting there .

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 21 May 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback, I was very sorry to hear that you have been fined when parking at Townlands Community Hospital.

Unfortunately, although we provide some services from this site the parking is over seen by NHS Parking Services, should you wish to contact them directly there email is customer.service@property.nhs.uk

Alex Bambury
PALS Officer

Donald Alcorn gave Physiotherapy at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Parking

I attended for a physiotherapy appointment on Wednesday 16th May and have had the same difficulties as previously reviewed.

I am going through the appeals process bur it seems impossible to argue with a machine!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 September 2018

Dear Mr Alcorn

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback relating to your experience of attending Physiotherapy at Townlands.

I am really sorry to read that you've had issues with parking.

I'm afraid that parking is outside the authority of this Trust and under the control of NHS Parking solutions.

Andrew Hoare
PALS Officer

Anonymous gave Rapid Access Care Unit at Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

All gloss and no thought

The old Townlands never had the issues the new hospital has now. Waiting times have jumped up, the environment is sterile in both the good and bad senses, and there’s no familiarity anymore. Doctors, nurses and other staff members rotate as if they are in a revolving door - there’s no continuity for patients anymore. My dermatology appointments, at the “old, run down, dated” hospital never had me waiting for more than five minutes and I’d be in and out with all the care I needed in no time. This fancy new shell of a hospital? I now expect hour long delays and to see a doctor or nurse who I have never met before. And the awful, evil parking system rubs salt into the wound. How many poor folks have been punished with a £100 fine after waiting too long for a loved one delayed by the staff? This isn’t a local hospital anymore. It’s not part of the community. It’s a threadbare NHS’s desperate attempt to serve the people of this town who, given the town’s rapidly aging population, desperately need it. It’s awful, but I suppose it is clean. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, but what choice do you have if you live in Henley?

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Townlands Memorial Hospital - Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback relating to your experience of attending Townlands Hospital.

I am really sorry to read that you have encountered long waiting times for appointments, a high turn over of staff and an uninviting environment. I was also sorry to hear of your concerns in relation to the car parking.

We take all feedback about out services seriously and I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@oxfordhealth.nhs.uk or 0800 328 7971) so that we can work with you to ensure we learn from your experience to improve the service provided to others.