Faversham Cottage Hospital

01795 562066 Stone Street , Faversham, Kent, ME13 8PS

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD HOSPITAL

I cannot praise highly enough this wonderful little hospital and it's absolutely lovely, caring staff. My 98 year old mother has just spent two weeks there, recovering from injuries sustained when she was mugged. The hospital staff went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and safe, showing her great personal kindness and understanding, as well as dealing with her various medical needs in a highly professional and thorough way. My mother was obviously traumatised by what had happened, as well as being in a lot of pain. The genuine human warmth shown to her by everyone at the Cottage Hospital - not just the doctors and nurses but also the healthcare assistants, physiotherapist and even the tea lady - did a huge amount to reassure my mother and speed her recovery. The staff worked brilliantly as a team and, despite all the pressures they work under, nothing seemed too much trouble. The building itself is also very nice and well looked after - and the long visiting hours and pleasant day room are also of great help. But it is the wonderful staff that make it such an outstandingly good place.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 25 August 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 06 September 2018

Hello

We are very sorry to hear about your mother’s awful experience that led her to become an inpatient at Faversham Cottage Hospital. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the excellent care your mother received and the compassion and commitment shown by staff. We are pleased that your mother felt safe whilst in our care and wish her all the best for a speedy recovery from her injuries and the trauma she experienced.

It’s good to hear that the environment met with your satisfaction and that you took advantage of the lovely day room.

Your feedback will be passed onto the service for sharing with staff.

Best wishes
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.PALS@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Jellybeans reviewed Faversham Cottage Hospital

Look after like the queen

Fantastic staff all time .
Excellent food
Better than hotel
Can I come back please

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018 using Care Opinion

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback you left after your stay at Faversham Cottage Hospital.

I have passed your comments onto the staff there and they were very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. They continually strive to deliver the best care possible to all of their patients and welcome feedback to enable them to improve.

Should you wish to tell us anymore we would be grateful to hear from you. Please contact us on kentchft.patientexperience@nhs.net.

Wishing you the very best.

Sue Mitchell
Head of Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Physio department

I am presently a regular patient to the physio department that is part of this hospital. My first session was earlier this year and I am seen at regular intervals. From my first visit I was greeted by friendly reception staff, followed by an equally friendly, caring and professional physiotherapist and this has been the case on all following visits. I don’t know a great deal about the rest of the local hospital, but this department is excellent, so thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 17 May 2018

Hello

We are very pleased to hear that your visits to Faversham Cottage Hospital for physiotherapy have always been such good experiences. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

Best wishes

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.PALS@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

john phillips gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exelent 24/7 treatmeant

what wonderfull treatmeant the urses worked like well oiled machine doctor visited me to make sure i was comfortable.i was kept well meddicated i only had to prees button and a nurse came.three mealsa day plus a bedtime drink,you chose meals from a large varied menue day before,cooked breakfast saturdays sausages/bacon/scrabled eggs/beans/toast/drink of your choise. once plaster came off phisio took care off me i had a broken ankle i now had learn to walk wear a boot on left leg i have also got ms.four weeks spent in toatal care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 05 June 2018

Dear John

We are very pleased your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital was so good throughout the four weeks of your care. It is good to know that the staff were attentive, you enjoyed the food and that you had the physiotherapy you needed following your broken ankle. We will pass on your kind comments to the whole team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Hilly gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Hospital

Thank you so much to all of the staff at Faversham Cottage Hospital. My mum has just completed a four week stay here and from day one I could not fault it. Staff are kind,friendly and helpful. Mum had lost her speech due to a stroke but time was taken to understand her needs and help her to express them. The meals are prepared on sight and are tasty and nutritious and great care was taken to ensure puree'd food was just as good.
Thank you to all of you, you're up there with the very best!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 11 June 2018

Dear Hilly

Thank you for your wonderful review of Faversham Cottage Hospital. We are very pleased that you felt your mum was so well looked after during her stay by kind and friendly staff. It is also good to know your mum enjoyed the meals and that she found the puréed food just as tasty and nutritious. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Turned away and told to ring 101

Went in for help and was basic my turned away. Cried at the counter due to pain and reception staff told me to drive to a hospital or cal 101. Disgusting

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Hello

I am sorry that you did not receive the care you expected at the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) in Faversham. Your review has been alerted to Kent Community Health NHS Trust on the NHS Choices website, however the MIU is now run by Faversham Medical Practice.

Their telephone number is 01795 562011 if you wish to contact them directly or there is a way of giving them feedback/comments on their website.

susan gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I was shocked

I went to see my aunt and was socked to see her sitting with only a thin nightdress on . Nothing around her sholders .just a cotton hospital blanket on her knees .she had gone in to help her walk but she had lost so much weight she would now be unable ever to walk again now . Her nails were very long and not been taken care of .The lady sitting next to her was in the same boat she said the food was disgusting and even she was unable to eat it . She also was in to get help walking but it didnt make any difference how much she asked nobody has the time to take her for a short walk .
Please dont allow any member of your family go in there .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Dear Susan

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the care your aunt has received as a patient in Faversham Cottage Hospital. We take all concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to understand fully and to speak with you regarding this matter. If you are willing to share more information please contact the Customer Care Team on 0300 123 1807 or email kcht.cct@nhs.net so that your details can be passed to the senior managers in charge of this hospital.

Regards

Anonymous gave at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ouch....

An absolute vital resource for faversham. Never had to wait very long at all and always left with a solution or a prescription. A first stop every time. 10/10 bravo.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 March 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 16 March 2018

Hello

We are pleased you had a good experience at Faversham Minor Injury Unit. We have previously advised NHS Choices that Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust does not run this service, however we continue to get reviews posted on our site. You may wish to pass on your kind feedback onto Faversham Medical Practice who now runs this facility.

Faversham Health Centre, Bank Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8QR
Tel: 01795 562011

Phoebe gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I Discharged Myself

I was moved to Faversham Cottage Hospital for apparent "rehabiltation" after a major operation on my foot at QEQM hospital Margate. I arrived at 9pm at night. The ambulance delivered me and a nurse came to collect me. The nurse did not speak to me. I was pushed in a wheelchair to a bed in the ward and without speaking the nurse started to rummage through my personal belongings. When asked what the nurse was doing the nurse replied that they were looking for my medications. I informed the nurse that I was self medicating except for my pain relief. I still did not know who the nurse was, no enquiry as to who I was or about my condition. I found this treatment to be completely unacceptable, a total lack of respect. I am a retired nurse so I know what I am talking about. I had an inappropriate mattress on the bed (air mattress for a person who cannot move around). I asked for a normal mattress. After a lot of huffing and puffing I finally got the mattress changed. Still no conversation or any introduction. I was fuming. I had not eaten all day as I had been waiting for transport and I asked if I could have something. I was informed that the kitchen was closed. An elderly lady patient offered me a biscuit! I observed the staff's attitude to other patients on the ward and I was not happy about that either! I asked not to be settled next to a boiling hot radiator with the windows shut because I have a chest condition. I was informed that the window could not be opened as there was a 90 year old lady in the ward. The 90 year old lady spoke up and said "I don't mind if the window is opened". Next thing that happened was the blinds were slung back and the window opened and the blinds were closed, it was done in a manner that indicated that I was being a big nuisance!
I was left that evening with nothing to eat. My computer was plugged in but no one told me that there is no WIFI, I was just left to find out. At lights out still no one had come to talk to me, so they didn't know who I was and I certainly didn't know who they were. I was very upset and I rang home and told my partner to collect me. In the morning there was no attempt to talk to me about anything and there was a further incident of unacceptable behaviour that was outrageous. I washed and dressed and asked to be taken to the sisters office where I reported my concerns. I left later that day and I had no proper facilities at home to accommodate me but at that stage I couldn't have cared less.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 06 June 2017

Dear Phoebe

We were very sorry to read the review of your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital. Your review says 'Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017'. The staff at the hospital would very much like to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would like this to happen please can you contact our Customer Care Team (details below) with more information about you and your stay.

Regards
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

My brother and I cannot fault the dedicated care and attention that our elderly mother received during her 13 week respite stay and would like to thank all the staff involved. There was plenty of space and privacy in the three bedded ward, home cooked food and a weekly hairdresser if required which helped make her stay as comfortable as possible.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 10 December 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 13 December 2016

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the care your mother received during her stay at Faversham Cottage Hospital. We're pleased she had privacy, good food and that she appreciated the opportunity of being able to have her hair done. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.