Faversham Cottage Hospital

01795 562066 Stone Street , Faversham, Kent, ME13 8PS

Wendy Binstead gave Rehabilitation at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent hospital, staff and food

Honestly the best hospital I've ever been in. The staff were absolute angels each and everyone of them. Nothing was ever too much trouble when I rang my bell I never waited for more than a minute for help to arrive. If they didn't know the answer to a question they would find out and be back with an answer within half an hour or so. Their help covered every aspect of my journey to recovery I was really struggling the first morning saying I couldn't cope, and I didn't want to be here they asked what would help I said a shower and hair wash would be a good start within 5 minutes I was in the shower, hair washed, dried and already on the mend. The day room had daily activities where not only the patients joined in but the staff also as they were passing it was bright, happy and fun. There was always tea, coffee etc available the staff would have their breaks in there also but even then happy to help us if needed. The topics were thoroughly researched a day at the cinema meant Mamma Mia came with an usherett giving out ice cream, crisps, popcorn from a tray made by her hanging from her neck.The physio team explained everything so you understood your injury and what you needed to do to get better and were with you every step of the way. The nurses at night didn't just give you a bed pan which would have been easy for them, they helped you up walked with you advising you of any mistakes you may have been making so even at night you were being shown the road to recovery. The food was excellent, good choices, always hot and plenty of it. Sad part if the patients couldn't eat all the meals which we never did , they went in the bin which was wasteful. Two elderly ladies in my ward liked the musicals so one of the nurses brought in her little music player and sorted out some CDs of various musicals. One of these ladies didn't won't to be here any more as her home was been sold up to pay for her care, this music really helped her. Another lady really deaf couldn't join in the day lounge fun and games so they turned the computer towards her for a quiz so she could read the questions she may have been deaf but not silly she loved it and got all the answers right her smiling face said it all ending with a big round of applause. It isn't one thing that made this hospital great it was everthing and every one even with one really rude and ignorant German lady the staff were perfect, take my hat off to each and everyone, can't thank them enough. Three weeks after my braking my pelvis in three places, I'm at home walking unaided sort of.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 11 June 2019

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 14 June 2019

Dear Wendy

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay in Faversham Cottage Hospital. It is wonderful to read that three weeks after your injury you are now back at home and walking unaided. We are pleased all your care needs were met and that there were plenty of enjoyable and varied activities to occupy you during the day. It is also good to know that staff went out of their way to make it possible for all patients to be involved and that their particular interests were taken into account.

We will ensure your kind review is shared with the whole team.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.PALS@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

OUTSTANDINGLY GOOD HOSPITAL

I cannot praise highly enough this wonderful little hospital and it's absolutely lovely, caring staff. My 98 year old mother has just spent two weeks there, recovering from injuries sustained when she was mugged. The hospital staff went out of their way to make her feel comfortable and safe, showing her great personal kindness and understanding, as well as dealing with her various medical needs in a highly professional and thorough way. My mother was obviously traumatised by what had happened, as well as being in a lot of pain. The genuine human warmth shown to her by everyone at the Cottage Hospital - not just the doctors and nurses but also the healthcare assistants, physiotherapist and even the tea lady - did a huge amount to reassure my mother and speed her recovery. The staff worked brilliantly as a team and, despite all the pressures they work under, nothing seemed too much trouble. The building itself is also very nice and well looked after - and the long visiting hours and pleasant day room are also of great help. But it is the wonderful staff that make it such an outstandingly good place.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 25 August 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 06 September 2018

Hello

We are very sorry to hear about your mother’s awful experience that led her to become an inpatient at Faversham Cottage Hospital. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the excellent care your mother received and the compassion and commitment shown by staff. We are pleased that your mother felt safe whilst in our care and wish her all the best for a speedy recovery from her injuries and the trauma she experienced.

It’s good to hear that the environment met with your satisfaction and that you took advantage of the lovely day room.

Your feedback will be passed onto the service for sharing with staff.

Jellybeans reviewed Faversham Cottage Hospital

Look after like the queen

Fantastic staff all time .
Excellent food
Better than hotel
Can I come back please

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018 using Care Opinion

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

Thank you very much for the lovely feedback you left after your stay at Faversham Cottage Hospital.

I have passed your comments onto the staff there and they were very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. They continually strive to deliver the best care possible to all of their patients and welcome feedback to enable them to improve.

Should you wish to tell us anymore we would be grateful to hear from you. Please contact us on kentchft.patientexperience@nhs.net.

Wishing you the very best.

Sue Mitchell
Head of Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Physio department

I am presently a regular patient to the physio department that is part of this hospital. My first session was earlier this year and I am seen at regular intervals. From my first visit I was greeted by friendly reception staff, followed by an equally friendly, caring and professional physiotherapist and this has been the case on all following visits. I don’t know a great deal about the rest of the local hospital, but this department is excellent, so thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 17 May 2018

Hello

We are very pleased to hear that your visits to Faversham Cottage Hospital for physiotherapy have always been such good experiences. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

john phillips gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exelent 24/7 treatmeant

what wonderfull treatmeant the urses worked like well oiled machine doctor visited me to make sure i was comfortable.i was kept well meddicated i only had to prees button and a nurse came.three mealsa day plus a bedtime drink,you chose meals from a large varied menue day before,cooked breakfast saturdays sausages/bacon/scrabled eggs/beans/toast/drink of your choise. once plaster came off phisio took care off me i had a broken ankle i now had learn to walk wear a boot on left leg i have also got ms.four weeks spent in toatal care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 05 June 2018

Dear John

We are very pleased your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital was so good throughout the four weeks of your care. It is good to know that the staff were attentive, you enjoyed the food and that you had the physiotherapy you needed following your broken ankle. We will pass on your kind comments to the whole team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Hilly gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Hospital

Thank you so much to all of the staff at Faversham Cottage Hospital. My mum has just completed a four week stay here and from day one I could not fault it. Staff are kind,friendly and helpful. Mum had lost her speech due to a stroke but time was taken to understand her needs and help her to express them. The meals are prepared on sight and are tasty and nutritious and great care was taken to ensure puree'd food was just as good.
Thank you to all of you, you're up there with the very best!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 11 June 2018

Dear Hilly

Thank you for your wonderful review of Faversham Cottage Hospital. We are very pleased that you felt your mum was so well looked after during her stay by kind and friendly staff. It is also good to know your mum enjoyed the meals and that she found the puréed food just as tasty and nutritious. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

susan gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I was shocked

I went to see my aunt and was socked to see her sitting with only a thin nightdress on . Nothing around her sholders .just a cotton hospital blanket on her knees .she had gone in to help her walk but she had lost so much weight she would now be unable ever to walk again now . Her nails were very long and not been taken care of .The lady sitting next to her was in the same boat she said the food was disgusting and even she was unable to eat it . She also was in to get help walking but it didnt make any difference how much she asked nobody has the time to take her for a short walk .
Please dont allow any member of your family go in there .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Dear Susan

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the care your aunt has received as a patient in Faversham Cottage Hospital. We take all concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to understand fully and to speak with you regarding this matter. If you are willing to share more information please contact the Customer Care Team on 0300 123 1807 or email kcht.cct@nhs.net so that your details can be passed to the senior managers in charge of this hospital.

Regards
Customer Care Team

Anonymous gave at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Turned away and told to ring 101

Went in for help and was basic my turned away. Cried at the counter due to pain and reception staff told me to drive to a hospital or cal 101. Disgusting

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Hello

I am sorry that you did not receive the care you expected at the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) in Faversham. Your review has been alerted to Kent Community Health NHS Trust on the NHS Choices website, however the MIU is now run by Faversham Medical Practice.

Their telephone number is 01795 562011 if you wish to contact them directly or there is a way of giving them feedback/comments on their website.

Customer Care Team