Faversham Cottage Hospital

01795 562066 Stone Street , Faversham, Kent, ME13 8PS

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Physio department

I am presently a regular patient to the physio department that is part of this hospital. My first session was earlier this year and I am seen at regular intervals. From my first visit I was greeted by friendly reception staff, followed by an equally friendly, caring and professional physiotherapist and this has been the case on all following visits. I don’t know a great deal about the rest of the local hospital, but this department is excellent, so thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 17 May 2018

Hello

We are very pleased to hear that your visits to Faversham Cottage Hospital for physiotherapy have always been such good experiences. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

Best wishes

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.PALS@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

john phillips gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

exelent 24/7 treatmeant

what wonderfull treatmeant the urses worked like well oiled machine doctor visited me to make sure i was comfortable.i was kept well meddicated i only had to prees button and a nurse came.three mealsa day plus a bedtime drink,you chose meals from a large varied menue day before,cooked breakfast saturdays sausages/bacon/scrabled eggs/beans/toast/drink of your choise. once plaster came off phisio took care off me i had a broken ankle i now had learn to walk wear a boot on left leg i have also got ms.four weeks spent in toatal care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 05 June 2018

Dear John

We are very pleased your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital was so good throughout the four weeks of your care. It is good to know that the staff were attentive, you enjoyed the food and that you had the physiotherapy you needed following your broken ankle. We will pass on your kind comments to the whole team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Hilly gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Hospital

Thank you so much to all of the staff at Faversham Cottage Hospital. My mum has just completed a four week stay here and from day one I could not fault it. Staff are kind,friendly and helpful. Mum had lost her speech due to a stroke but time was taken to understand her needs and help her to express them. The meals are prepared on sight and are tasty and nutritious and great care was taken to ensure puree'd food was just as good.
Thank you to all of you, you're up there with the very best!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 June 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 11 June 2018

Dear Hilly

Thank you for your wonderful review of Faversham Cottage Hospital. We are very pleased that you felt your mum was so well looked after during her stay by kind and friendly staff. It is also good to know your mum enjoyed the meals and that she found the puréed food just as tasty and nutritious. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.

PALS Team
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kentchft.pals@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

susan gave Physiotherapy at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I was shocked

I went to see my aunt and was socked to see her sitting with only a thin nightdress on . Nothing around her sholders .just a cotton hospital blanket on her knees .she had gone in to help her walk but she had lost so much weight she would now be unable ever to walk again now . Her nails were very long and not been taken care of .The lady sitting next to her was in the same boat she said the food was disgusting and even she was unable to eat it . She also was in to get help walking but it didnt make any difference how much she asked nobody has the time to take her for a short walk .
Please dont allow any member of your family go in there .

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Dear Susan

We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the care your aunt has received as a patient in Faversham Cottage Hospital. We take all concerns very seriously and would like the opportunity to understand fully and to speak with you regarding this matter. If you are willing to share more information please contact the Customer Care Team on 0300 123 1807 or email kcht.cct@nhs.net so that your details can be passed to the senior managers in charge of this hospital.

Regards

Anonymous gave at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Turned away and told to ring 101

Went in for help and was basic my turned away. Cried at the counter due to pain and reception staff told me to drive to a hospital or cal 101. Disgusting

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 28 November 2017

Hello

I am sorry that you did not receive the care you expected at the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) in Faversham. Your review has been alerted to Kent Community Health NHS Trust on the NHS Choices website, however the MIU is now run by Faversham Medical Practice.

Their telephone number is 01795 562011 if you wish to contact them directly or there is a way of giving them feedback/comments on their website.

Anonymous gave at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ouch....

An absolute vital resource for faversham. Never had to wait very long at all and always left with a solution or a prescription. A first stop every time. 10/10 bravo.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 March 2018

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 16 March 2018

Hello

We are pleased you had a good experience at Faversham Minor Injury Unit. We have previously advised NHS Choices that Kent Community Health NHS Foundation Trust does not run this service, however we continue to get reviews posted on our site. You may wish to pass on your kind feedback onto Faversham Medical Practice who now runs this facility.

Faversham Health Centre, Bank Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8QR
Tel: 01795 562011

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Where has all the care & individuality gone

My mother went into Faversham Hosp with chest infection/she had Dementia:Arthritis and other conditions, she was bed bound, unable to use her hands or make decisions. Many times when we arrived there would be at least 2 x beakers of cold tea on her table untouched. She was thirsty & took drinks from us as soon as we arrived. We also believe that she was hungry as she ate when we fed her what we brought in. The nurses said that she refused, other patients informed us that they did not really try with her. There were a few nurses that took time with her I need to say, but on the whole if you dared to ask about anything the staff either did not know or they said someone would let us know= Never happend. My mother was then transferred to Hospital with dehydration/chest infection. this was cleared & she was transferred back to Faversham, again drinks/food was a problem, she was then transferred again until she Passed away. I feel that the care & individual treatment to patients were not a consideration, they were bed numbers and no one individual could tell you who she was & her daily state of health. I really would not recommend this hospital to any relative & I should know I was a nurse for many years.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 08 November 2016

Please accept our sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. We are very sorry that you feel your mother received poor care whilst a patient in Faversham Cottage Hospital. We take all comments made very seriously and would like the opportunity to understand fully your concerns and to speak with you regarding this matter. We have been working to make improvements recently and would like to share with you the changes we have made. If you are happy to share in more detail your experiences please contact the Customer Care Team 0300 123 1807 or email kcht.cct@nhs.net

Phoebe gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I Discharged Myself

I was moved to Faversham Cottage Hospital for apparent "rehabiltation" after a major operation on my foot at QEQM hospital Margate. I arrived at 9pm at night. The ambulance delivered me and a nurse came to collect me. The nurse did not speak to me. I was pushed in a wheelchair to a bed in the ward and without speaking the nurse started to rummage through my personal belongings. When asked what the nurse was doing the nurse replied that they were looking for my medications. I informed the nurse that I was self medicating except for my pain relief. I still did not know who the nurse was, no enquiry as to who I was or about my condition. I found this treatment to be completely unacceptable, a total lack of respect. I am a retired nurse so I know what I am talking about. I had an inappropriate mattress on the bed (air mattress for a person who cannot move around). I asked for a normal mattress. After a lot of huffing and puffing I finally got the mattress changed. Still no conversation or any introduction. I was fuming. I had not eaten all day as I had been waiting for transport and I asked if I could have something. I was informed that the kitchen was closed. An elderly lady patient offered me a biscuit! I observed the staff's attitude to other patients on the ward and I was not happy about that either! I asked not to be settled next to a boiling hot radiator with the windows shut because I have a chest condition. I was informed that the window could not be opened as there was a 90 year old lady in the ward. The 90 year old lady spoke up and said "I don't mind if the window is opened". Next thing that happened was the blinds were slung back and the window opened and the blinds were closed, it was done in a manner that indicated that I was being a big nuisance!
I was left that evening with nothing to eat. My computer was plugged in but no one told me that there is no WIFI, I was just left to find out. At lights out still no one had come to talk to me, so they didn't know who I was and I certainly didn't know who they were. I was very upset and I rang home and told my partner to collect me. In the morning there was no attempt to talk to me about anything and there was a further incident of unacceptable behaviour that was outrageous. I washed and dressed and asked to be taken to the sisters office where I reported my concerns. I left later that day and I had no proper facilities at home to accommodate me but at that stage I couldn't have cared less.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 06 June 2017

Dear Phoebe

We were very sorry to read the review of your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital. Your review says 'Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017'. The staff at the hospital would very much like to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would like this to happen please can you contact our Customer Care Team (details below) with more information about you and your stay.

Regards
Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My Mother hated this place

My Mother went into this place after a fall. Their food was bland and not much variety with hardly any vegetables and never saw any fruit. Some of the nurses were brusque to point of rudeness. We were never consulted about my Mothers care, in fact after her being there for a number of months I was asked once if I was related ! My mother went in with broken leg and came out crushed depressed and hungry. They appear to be overworked, understaffed and stressed , and want the patients to just sit quietly. The customer care is non existent, and both myself and husband were shouted at when we disagreed with them. I would not put my worst enemy in this place.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 06 July 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 08 July 2016

Hello,

We were very disappointed to read your review of Faversham Cottage Hospital and we are sorry that you were not pleased with the care your mother received. If you would like your concerns investigated further please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care Team on the contact details given below with more information.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My brother and I cannot fault the dedicated care and attention that our elderly mother received during her 13 week respite stay and would like to thank all the staff involved. There was plenty of space and privacy in the three bedded ward, home cooked food and a weekly hairdresser if required which helped make her stay as comfortable as possible.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 10 December 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 13 December 2016

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the care your mother received during her stay at Faversham Cottage Hospital. We're pleased she had privacy, good food and that she appreciated the opportunity of being able to have her hair done. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.