Faversham Cottage Hospital

01795 562066 Stone Street , Faversham, Kent, ME13 8PS

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Where has all the care & individuality gone

My mother went into Faversham Hosp with chest infection/she had Dementia:Arthritis and other conditions, she was bed bound, unable to use her hands or make decisions. Many times when we arrived there would be at least 2 x beakers of cold tea on her table untouched. She was thirsty & took drinks from us as soon as we arrived. We also believe that she was hungry as she ate when we fed her what we brought in. The nurses said that she refused, other patients informed us that they did not really try with her. There were a few nurses that took time with her I need to say, but on the whole if you dared to ask about anything the staff either did not know or they said someone would let us know= Never happend. My mother was then transferred to Hospital with dehydration/chest infection. this was cleared & she was transferred back to Faversham, again drinks/food was a problem, she was then transferred again until she Passed away. I feel that the care & individual treatment to patients were not a consideration, they were bed numbers and no one individual could tell you who she was & her daily state of health. I really would not recommend this hospital to any relative & I should know I was a nurse for many years.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 07 November 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 08 November 2016

Please accept our sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. We are very sorry that you feel your mother received poor care whilst a patient in Faversham Cottage Hospital. We take all comments made very seriously and would like the opportunity to understand fully your concerns and to speak with you regarding this matter. We have been working to make improvements recently and would like to share with you the changes we have made. If you are happy to share in more detail your experiences please contact the Customer Care Team 0300 123 1807 or email kcht.cct@nhs.net

Phoebe gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

I Discharged Myself

I was moved to Faversham Cottage Hospital for apparent "rehabiltation" after a major operation on my foot at QEQM hospital Margate. I arrived at 9pm at night. The ambulance delivered me and a nurse came to collect me. The nurse did not speak to me. I was pushed in a wheelchair to a bed in the ward and without speaking the nurse started to rummage through my personal belongings. When asked what the nurse was doing the nurse replied that they were looking for my medications. I informed the nurse that I was self medicating except for my pain relief. I still did not know who the nurse was, no enquiry as to who I was or about my condition. I found this treatment to be completely unacceptable, a total lack of respect. I am a retired nurse so I know what I am talking about. I had an inappropriate mattress on the bed (air mattress for a person who cannot move around). I asked for a normal mattress. After a lot of huffing and puffing I finally got the mattress changed. Still no conversation or any introduction. I was fuming. I had not eaten all day as I had been waiting for transport and I asked if I could have something. I was informed that the kitchen was closed. An elderly lady patient offered me a biscuit! I observed the staff's attitude to other patients on the ward and I was not happy about that either! I asked not to be settled next to a boiling hot radiator with the windows shut because I have a chest condition. I was informed that the window could not be opened as there was a 90 year old lady in the ward. The 90 year old lady spoke up and said "I don't mind if the window is opened". Next thing that happened was the blinds were slung back and the window opened and the blinds were closed, it was done in a manner that indicated that I was being a big nuisance!
I was left that evening with nothing to eat. My computer was plugged in but no one told me that there is no WIFI, I was just left to find out. At lights out still no one had come to talk to me, so they didn't know who I was and I certainly didn't know who they were. I was very upset and I rang home and told my partner to collect me. In the morning there was no attempt to talk to me about anything and there was a further incident of unacceptable behaviour that was outrageous. I washed and dressed and asked to be taken to the sisters office where I reported my concerns. I left later that day and I had no proper facilities at home to accommodate me but at that stage I couldn't have cared less.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 06 June 2017

Dear Phoebe

We were very sorry to read the review of your experience at Faversham Cottage Hospital. Your review says 'Visited in March 2016. Posted on 31 May 2017'. The staff at the hospital would very much like to investigate the issues you have raised. If you would like this to happen please can you contact our Customer Care Team (details below) with more information about you and your stay.

Regards

smify gave Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Hospital and staff

I don't often leave reviews for many things but i have to say this about Faversham Cottage Hospital and the staff that work in there.
At the end of January 2016 my late grandmother was transferred from Kent & Canterbury to Faversham nearer her home for further care until she would be fit enough to return home. Unfortunately due to the nature of her what i will call illness without going into detail this was where she ended up spending her final few weeks before passing away.
I cannot fault the hospital especially all of the staff who played a part in her care in those final weeks.
You are all a credit to your profession and from myself and family i thank you for your support to my Nan and family throughout with access etc.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 09 April 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 11 April 2016

Dear Smify,

We are very sorry to hear that your grandmother passed away. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the great care she received whilst at Faversham Cottage Hospital. We are so pleased to hear that you feel the care was faultless and that the staff supported your Nan and family throughout. Your kind comments will be shared with the staff and also with our Director of Nursing and her team.

Please accept our condolences and thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 1 stars

My Mother hated this place

My Mother went into this place after a fall. Their food was bland and not much variety with hardly any vegetables and never saw any fruit. Some of the nurses were brusque to point of rudeness. We were never consulted about my Mothers care, in fact after her being there for a number of months I was asked once if I was related ! My mother went in with broken leg and came out crushed depressed and hungry. They appear to be overworked, understaffed and stressed , and want the patients to just sit quietly. The customer care is non existent, and both myself and husband were shouted at when we disagreed with them. I would not put my worst enemy in this place.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 06 July 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 08 July 2016

Hello,

We were very disappointed to read your review of Faversham Cottage Hospital and we are sorry that you were not pleased with the care your mother received. If you would like your concerns investigated further please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Care Team on the contact details given below with more information.

Tel: 0300 123 1807 Email: kcht.cct@nhs.net Website: www.kentcht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Intermediate Care at Faversham Cottage Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My brother and I cannot fault the dedicated care and attention that our elderly mother received during her 13 week respite stay and would like to thank all the staff involved. There was plenty of space and privacy in the three bedded ward, home cooked food and a weekly hairdresser if required which helped make her stay as comfortable as possible.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 10 December 2016

Faversham Cottage Hospital replied on 13 December 2016

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the care your mother received during her stay at Faversham Cottage Hospital. We're pleased she had privacy, good food and that she appreciated the opportunity of being able to have her hair done. We will pass on your kind comments to the team there.