Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Richard Law gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best hospital I have been to

I was referred to Blakelands by my GP as an NHS patient for a colonoscopy.

Everything ran smoothly and professionally. Staff were friendly, introduced themselves and explained what would happen. The surgeon carried out the procedure skilfully and answered my questions clearly. Everything was on time and the results and other paperwork were given to me. This is the best hospital I have been to. A big thank-you to all staff.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 08 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 20 May 2019

Dear Mr Law,

Thank you very much for such a complimentary review. It is good hear that your whole patient journey was postive and staff were helpful.

This reivew will be shared with the wider hospital.

Your sincerely

Best hospital I have been to

I attended Blakelands Hospital on 8 May for a colonoscopy. Everything was just as one would wish. I wasn’t kept waiting. Everyone was courteous and friendly. I was told what to expect and the options were clearly explained. The surgeon introduced himself and went over the procedure with me. All the paperwork and post-op was done smoothly and efficiently. Altogether a friendly, well-functioning, professional team from reception to theatre. Follow-up letter arrived the next day. I wish all hospitals were like this. Thank you very much.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 11 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 20 May 2019

Dear Mr Law,

I am glad the hospital team were supportive, informative, on time and friendly.

Hospital Director

Linda Wilkes gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy and Colonoscopy

Had the above procedures last Tuesday. The staff who attended me were very friendly and kind and put a very nervous patient at ease. Thank you for making an unpleasant procedure bearable.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 18 March 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 26 March 2019

Dear Ms Wilkes,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very glad that you were put at ease by the staff. We do our best to make sure the paitent journey is a postive experience.
many thanks

Mike Kitchingman gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superlative treatment

I went into Blakelands on Friday 5th March for a cataract operation following a consultation at the hospital. On arrival I was dealt with efficiently and with courtesy and taken to the pre op. area very quickly. Once there the nurse very exhaustively explained the procedure to me and put my mind at rest over any queries I had. The actual operation was performed very quickly and with regard to my comfort and was over in a matter of 20mins or so with no discomfort whatsoever. Post op. I was taken to the recovery area in a wheelchair, again with care and comfortably settled in a recliner with a nice cup of tea and biscuits, most welcome. After sufficient recovery time I was carefully taken through my post op. care which needed to be administered at home and any questions I had were answered to my satisfaction. I was given all the requisite eye drops, swabs, etc. that I would need together with an out of hours phone no. I can not recommend highly enough the treatment I was given, I was made to feel that I was in very safe hands.The hospital itself was an example of all that is best in healthcare, it was clean, MOST comfortable and the staff, from the reception area all the way through to my discharge were exemplary. I have called the out of hours number a few times with the odd concern and once again given good comforting advice. The whole experience has been as pleasurable as it could be in the circumstances, given that I was there for a surgical procedure and once again, I cannot recommend highly enough my treatment. Well done Blakelands.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 07 April 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 08 April 2019

Dear Mr Kitchingman,
We were pleased to read that you had such a good experience at Blakelands for your Cataract procedure. Your feedback will be shared with the whole hospital team.
I trust your recovery goes well.

Many thanks for such a great review.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst Private Hospital Ever

This is the worst private hospital my mother has been referred to. My mother is due a cataract surgery since beginning of this year, and the appointments has been cancelled on more than 3 occasion. The reason we have been given is unclear and we were given very short notice. The staff are rude and disrespectful, have no considerate about their patients and their well-being. My mother's vision has been becoming worse by the day, and we still have not received a new appointment. If NHS try to refer you to this private clinic, avoid it at any cost, as you are better off being treated by an NHS hospital or medical institute.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 17 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 26 May 2019

Dear Anonymous,

I am disappointed that Blakelands Hospital has not provided your Mother with a good service. I apologise that appoinments have been cancelled. If you would like to discuss this with me further I am sure we will be able to help.

You can contact me via the main hospital number 01908 334 200

Your sincerely

Tony Kaye gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent medical care, maybe some admin problems

I was referred to Blakelands for cataract surgery as an NHS patient, and I was pleased at how soon I was treated (referral by my optician on Oct 15th, preliminary appointment Jan 4th, surgery Feb 2nd). The medical care was excellent, the experienced nurses kind and professional, the surgeon hyper-skillful, the operation painless; even though I was somewhat anxious the day of the operation, it all went off very smoothly (even agreeably - I saw incredible blue swirling psychedelic visions as my eye was operated on!).

However, I think there may be a need for some improvements in admin procedures: on the day of my first appointment on Jan 4th, the medical questionnaire I had handed in on arrival had not been passed on to the surgeon when I saw her an hour or so later (I think I was not the only one in the same situation), And, to my amazement, I received in the post on Feb 9th (a week after the operation) a copy of a letter sent to my GP and optician, dictated by the surgeon on Jan 4th and typed on Feb 7th, saying I was "now on the waiting list" for the cataract surgery operation. This one week after I had had the operation, and which will clearly confuse my GP and optician, as they had already been notified that the operation had been successfully performed on Feb 2nd!

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 11 February 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 11 February 2019

Dear Mr Kaye,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that your operation went well and you were well looked after.
I do agree that the administration and the timing of the letter to your GP could have been better. The processes involved have been reviewed and steps have been taken to try and avoid such issues reoccuring.
I thank you bringing this to my attention.

Yours sincerely

Robert frere gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye surgery for cataracts

This visit was for surgery on my second eye I had the first eye done in November.

My eyesight has improved 100% and cannot thank my surgeon and his staff enough.

The surgery only takes about 15 mins and is a little concerning although there is no pain and nothing to worry about really
Also the aftercare is spot on as well as within a few days after surgery you are sent follow up appointments with your surgeon and then the nurse.
All in all excellent.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 14 February 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 10 March 2019

Dear Mr Frere,
I are very pleased that your second eye surgery went very well. It is always good to hear that a patient has had such a positive experience.
Thank you for such a very good review which I will share with the hospital wide team.

Yours scincerely

christine gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Appointment at Blakelands

I attended the endoscopy unit for a colonoscopy yesterday and was rather nervous. I was met by several members of the nursing staff who reassured me and made me feel at ease. There was nothing but kindness and helpfulness by everyone! Although my examination was uncomfortable, I still felt reassured and cared for. Thank you to the doctor, nurses and staff.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 07 February 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 10 March 2019

Dear Christine,
I am pleased that your procedure yesterday went very well. It is not the easiest of procedures to have done and the preparation is quite indepth.
I will share your great feedback with the team.

David Smallwood gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I am feeling realy good today

Arrived on seen on time by very helpful staff If only all hospitals were as good as Blakelands. all finished in less than an hour. There is not a single thing I could fault this hospital on,highly recommended thank you.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 03 January 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 11 February 2019

Dear Mr Smallwood,
Thank you for your kind review. We are very pleased that your recent experience was very positive.
It is good to know that you would recommend us for treatment.
I will share this nice review with the wider team

ray togwell gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Keyhole knee operation

I can honestly say that from reception to surgeon i could not have been treated any better and with greater dignity anywhere.From fist consultation every aspect of my procedure was explained to me thoroughly,which put me at ease.I would highly recommend Blakelands Hospital to anybody
The department i visited was orthopaedic ,this option is not on our list.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 07 January 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 15 January 2019

Dear Mr Togwell,
Thank you for your excellent review. It is good to see that the team at Blakelands made your treatment journey a very positive.

I will ensure this is shared with the hospital wide team.

Yours sincerely