Blakelands Hospital

01908 334200 Smeaton Close, Blakelands , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK14 5HR

Gurdip Kaur gave Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A nervous patient!

Professional, attentive and reassuring! From checking in and for the procedure to being seeing out was all overwhelmingly positive. All staff were reassuring and continued to calm my nerves! Communication was outstanding and all actions were thoroughly explained. All questioned answered adequately and skilfully. A huge thank you to all staff who ensured my anxiety was dealt with as well as the procedure carried out. The nurse who checked me in was exceptionally kind and understood my nerves! This hospital is highly recommended. Parked with ease and even given a drink and biscuit before my journey home. Follow up calls prior to my colonoscopy and after were very much appreciated,Thank you Blakelands.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 11 August 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 20 August 2019

Dear Gurdip Kaur,
I am very pleased that you had such a positive experience at Blakelands Hospital. I will pass your comments and thanks to the hospital team. Positive feedback is always welcomed by the staff.

Heather Charlton gave Orthopaedics at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Second surgery at Blakelands

I received my second surgery today at Blakelands and as soon as I entered the building I was made to feel welcome and at ease from the receptionists to nurses to surgeons to theatre staff the whole procedure was informative, professional and more for me compassionate. I would like to thank every single person I met today.

Visited in August 2019. Posted on 19 August 2019

Blakelands Hospital has not yet replied.

jenni gave Urology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Parking problem

I was seen promptly and the consultant was thorough in his discussion with me and most helpful. HOWEVER this was completely spoiled by having to wait 20 minutes for the reception staff to identify the driver of the car that was double parked and blocking us in. It transpired he was a member of your staff! May I suggest a notice at reception and a memo to staff that if staff or patients have to double park the they inform the reception staff of their location and their reg no. Jenni Burke

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 23 July 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 24 July 2019

Jenni, your satisfaction is our top priority. I am pleased to see you were seen promptly but the waiting in car park was disappointment. Your suggestions are helpful and I have instigated a system with the Main Reception team to avoid this happening in future.

Hospital Director.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

referral

.a very welcoming place and all the staff are excellent at their jobs. everything explained and any questions answered.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 28 July 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 31 July 2019

Hi Anonymous, thank you so much for your positive comments about Blakelands Hospital!

Gillian Hornshaw gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Overwhelmingly Positive

I had a cataract operation on 7th June and the whole process form beginning to end was outstanding. The loving care, empathy, and courtesy I received from the all of the staff was extraordinary. They made me feel so at ease it was really lovely. I would definitely recommend Blakelands Hospital to anyone and everyone.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 02 July 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 03 July 2019

Dear Ms Hornshaw,
Thank you so much for a very nice review about your experience at Blakelands Hospital. I am very pleased to see that the team represented out Ramsay values in such a positive way. I will ensure your review is shared with the whole hospital team. I trust you recover well.

Yours sincerely

Hospital Director

Richard Law gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Best hospital I have been to

I was referred to Blakelands by my GP as an NHS patient for a colonoscopy.

Everything ran smoothly and professionally. Staff were friendly, introduced themselves and explained what would happen. The surgeon carried out the procedure skilfully and answered my questions clearly. Everything was on time and the results and other paperwork were given to me. This is the best hospital I have been to. A big thank-you to all staff.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 08 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 20 May 2019

Dear Mr Law,

Thank you very much for such a complimentary review. It is good hear that your whole patient journey was postive and staff were helpful.

This reivew will be shared with the wider hospital.

Your sincerely

Best hospital I have been to

I attended Blakelands Hospital on 8 May for a colonoscopy. Everything was just as one would wish. I wasn’t kept waiting. Everyone was courteous and friendly. I was told what to expect and the options were clearly explained. The surgeon introduced himself and went over the procedure with me. All the paperwork and post-op was done smoothly and efficiently. Altogether a friendly, well-functioning, professional team from reception to theatre. Follow-up letter arrived the next day. I wish all hospitals were like this. Thank you very much.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 11 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 20 May 2019

Dear Mr Law,

I am glad the hospital team were supportive, informative, on time and friendly.

Hospital Director

Linda Wilkes gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy and Colonoscopy

Had the above procedures last Tuesday. The staff who attended me were very friendly and kind and put a very nervous patient at ease. Thank you for making an unpleasant procedure bearable.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 18 March 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 26 March 2019

Dear Ms Wilkes,
Thank you for your kind review. I am very glad that you were put at ease by the staff. We do our best to make sure the paitent journey is a postive experience.
many thanks

Mike Kitchingman gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superlative treatment

I went into Blakelands on Friday 5th March for a cataract operation following a consultation at the hospital. On arrival I was dealt with efficiently and with courtesy and taken to the pre op. area very quickly. Once there the nurse very exhaustively explained the procedure to me and put my mind at rest over any queries I had. The actual operation was performed very quickly and with regard to my comfort and was over in a matter of 20mins or so with no discomfort whatsoever. Post op. I was taken to the recovery area in a wheelchair, again with care and comfortably settled in a recliner with a nice cup of tea and biscuits, most welcome. After sufficient recovery time I was carefully taken through my post op. care which needed to be administered at home and any questions I had were answered to my satisfaction. I was given all the requisite eye drops, swabs, etc. that I would need together with an out of hours phone no. I can not recommend highly enough the treatment I was given, I was made to feel that I was in very safe hands.The hospital itself was an example of all that is best in healthcare, it was clean, MOST comfortable and the staff, from the reception area all the way through to my discharge were exemplary. I have called the out of hours number a few times with the odd concern and once again given good comforting advice. The whole experience has been as pleasurable as it could be in the circumstances, given that I was there for a surgical procedure and once again, I cannot recommend highly enough my treatment. Well done Blakelands.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 07 April 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 08 April 2019

Dear Mr Kitchingman,
We were pleased to read that you had such a good experience at Blakelands for your Cataract procedure. Your feedback will be shared with the whole hospital team.
I trust your recovery goes well.

Many thanks for such a great review.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Blakelands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Worst Private Hospital Ever

This is the worst private hospital my mother has been referred to. My mother is due a cataract surgery since beginning of this year, and the appointments has been cancelled on more than 3 occasion. The reason we have been given is unclear and we were given very short notice. The staff are rude and disrespectful, have no considerate about their patients and their well-being. My mother's vision has been becoming worse by the day, and we still have not received a new appointment. If NHS try to refer you to this private clinic, avoid it at any cost, as you are better off being treated by an NHS hospital or medical institute.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 17 May 2019

Blakelands Hospital replied on 26 May 2019

Dear Anonymous,

I am disappointed that Blakelands Hospital has not provided your Mother with a good service. I apologise that appoinments have been cancelled. If you would like to discuss this with me further I am sure we will be able to help.

You can contact me via the main hospital number 01908 334 200