Bridport Community Hospital

01308 422371 Hospital Lane, North Allington , Bridport, Dorset, DT6 5DR

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Broken hand

My friend who has learning disabilities had a fall. I took them to miu. We waited over an hour to be seen. When we were seen we were barely in there two minutes. A nurse just said can you wiggle your hand. It's brushing and we were sent on our way. I took my friend to a and e and she had broken her hand! So not impressed with miu.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 September 2017

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you for contacting us about your recent experience with your friend at Bridport Hospital Minor Injuries Unit. You have described a disappointing and very unsatisfactory experience that we need to investigate further. Your review doesn’t include enough information for us to do that and – with your friend’s agreement – we would be grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) to take this forward. The phone numbers are 01202 277024/01202 277025.

With best wishes

Agnes Grip
Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ryeberry Ward

My Nan has been in Ryeberry Ward for a few weeks now. Whilst visiting her on her 92nd birthday the staff had organised a little party for her and another lady and the families. It was just lovely and very unexpected.

Thanks so much Ryeberry Ward, you really are a lovely team.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 11 May 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have forwarded your comments to the Matron at Bridport Hospital who will share your comments with the staff – they will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Anonymous reviewed Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital

Trapped finger in car door

I can't praise the staff highly enough fantastic thank you
We need more of these facilities

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 15 May 2017

Mattthew Cheetham, Patient Experience

G Jones gave Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you.

Hurt wrist and finger after a fall whilst on holiday in the area. Went to the minor injuries unit and was seen within 20 mins by the most caring of staff, X-rayed very quickly and on my way in no time. Thank you very much Bridport Community Hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 12 April 2017

Mattthew Cheetham, Patient Experience

Marj fairhurst gave Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Deep cut

I phoned 111 and they told me to go to bridport hospital. My goodness, such kindness and consideration. Thankyou all so much.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 29 January 2017

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 01 February 2017

"Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have forwarded your comments to the Matron at Bridport Community Hospital, who will share this with the staff. They will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

With best wishes,
Agnes Grip, Patient Experience Facilitator"

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Faultless

This is perhaps the third time I've used the minor injuries unit (over a number of years and for different problems). This visit was no different to previous; quick, efficient and friendly. What an asset to Briport and surrounding area. Thank you team

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 23 October 2016

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 28 October 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have forwarded your comments to the Matron at at Bridport Hospital who will share your comments with the staff – they will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Agnes Grip, Patient Experience Facilitator

Moira Carter gave Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great Care

Fantastic care on Ryeberry ward, was there for 2 months and all the staff could not have been more caring and understanding , would never have got as far as I have without them, So a massive thank-you to everyone

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 10 November 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have forwarded your comments to the Matron of Bridport Community Hospital who will share this with the staff – they will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Julia Yeates, Patient Experience Co-ordinator

Thankyou

Fantastic service, no long queues. Just fill out the form and after about 30 mins diagnosed helped and ready to get going. The staff are warm and friendly and very efficient. This is a wonderful and very enlightened treatment allowing the hospital to fill an important role in the life of West Dorset. Wish our Doctors surgeries were as well run..

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 04 August 2016

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 17 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your comments with us, which I will share with the Minor Injuries Unit – they will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

Damaged ankle

Excellent service. Only short wait. Polite professional and caring. Quick X-ray. Analysis reassurance and lent crutches. It all panned out as they suggested it would.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 08 September 2016

Bridport Community Hospital replied on 15 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time for sharing your comments with us, which I will share with the Hospital Matron and staff – they will be pleased to hear such positive feedback.

John Haylock gave Minor injuries unit at Bridport Community Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Abbrasion on already swollen leg needed checking

I had a small but unpleasant wound that looked like it might turn nasty and I was due to go on holiday a few days later. I could not get an appointment with my GP in time so was advised to call in at Minor Injuries at Bridport Hospital.The initial check, cleaning and dressing plus the follow -up visit to re-dress and administer medication were sympathetic, efficient, careful and very detailed with regard to further action should it be needed. I could not have had better treatment anywhere as far as I know. This is the NHS at its most brilliant. We must hang on to this fantastic service!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 21 July 2016