North Walsham Hospital

01692 408000 North Walsham and District War Memorial Hospital, Yarmouth Road , North Walsham, Norfolk, NR28 9AP

(1 rating)

MR TIMOTHY SMITH gave North Walsham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Change of appointment

Having been sent an appointment in the post I realised that I would be unable to attend on that date. The letter advised that to rebook I would have to call the number indicated on the letter. This I did only to be held in a queue on two occasions for over twelve minutes. I was also given two other numbers to try by the automated system. One referred me to a Suffolk call centre who said they did not handle Norfolk appointments and the other number said they only dealt with home visits. By this time I was becoming frustrated and being local to the hospital l decided to call in. The receptionist was polite but informed me that they were unable to help as all appointments are dealt with by the number given in the letter. I related all my issues and they very kindly tried to call the number given, only to have to wait and then be given the other two numbers. By this time another member of staff became aware of the situation and said they could resolve the problem there and then. Within five minutes I had a new appointment. Please change to a system that works !!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

North Walsham Hospital replied on 29 March 2017

Good afternoon Mr Smith
Apologies for taking a few days to reply. Thank you for your comment and sorry to learn of your experiences with attempts to try to change your appointment. I can understand your frustrations. I am glad that a staff member was able to resolve it in the end. I agree about a system that should work! To learn from your experience and understand which service your required and therefore how we can make improvements, I would welcome you contact me direct so that we can look into this retrospectively and try to rectify for future patients using this system. Kind regards Christine Little, Patient Experience Lead, Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS Trust 01603 272507

Anonymous gave North Walsham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Home from Hospital

Mum was in North Walsham Hospital for 3weeks and we got her home which seemed against all odds at the time .All that mattered was to get her well enough to go home.Caring and kind staff got to know Mum giving her the confidence and strength to carry on .Thankyou and Best Wishes To you all for A Very Happy New Year.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 29 December 2016

North Walsham Hospital replied on 03 January 2017

Good Afternoon, thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your Mum's experiences during her time with us. We are pleased to hear your Mum got the care and treatment she deserved and is doing well.

It is good for the staff to hear when they receive positive feedback so I will ensure this message gets passed to those working at the Hospital.

Wish yourself and your Mum a Happy and Healthy New Year