Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8487 6000 Roehampton Lane, Roehampton , London, SW15 5PN

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recommend

I recommend a many services here. The walk-in clinic I have used several times, no matter what is wrong with me the staff are respectful and very efficient.
Other departments have staff that are friendly and helpful. If I have a choice thenialways pick queen Mary’s for appointments.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 11 December 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Danny in London gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care

The initial check-in was fast and efficient. I was called by a nurse in only 15 minutes for a diagnosis. After which I was treated in 30 minutes and released soon after. All in all, much less wait time then what I expected.
The nurse was quite friendly and made me at ease during the treatment.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017

Leila gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Telephone appointment - Dermatology

I had an appointment to attend the hospital to have a skin lesion I had removed. On leaving I was given follow-up appointment. Subsequently, I received a call letting me know that the results of a biopsy have arrived and asking to change my follow-up appointment into a telephone appointment. I was pleased as it saves so much time. I received a letter confirming this.

I just had the telephone call from a doctor explaining my results. It was professional and to the point, and the doctor said that I will receive a letter giving the details in writing as well.

I am really pleased with telephone appointments, there is a huge time saving not having to go to the hospital and I am sure for the staff it's much more efficient use of time. So we get a win-win here.

In general, I am really happy with Queen Mary's Hospital Roehampton. For example the drop in clinic for blood testing and the minor injuries clinic just to mention two.

Thank you, I really appreciate all the staff working at the hospital and NHS in general.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 November 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Thank you for passing through your feedback in relation to your experiences of care received from Queen Mary's Hospital. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the team who will be delighted to hear that you have found the service to be efficient and their high standards of professionalism satisfactory.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Unprofessional behaviour of staff member.

I booked a late appointment for my mammogram to minimise the impact on my workplace. On the day of my appointment I got 2 missed calls at 11:29 and 11:40 but was unable to return the call until my lunch break at 13:00. I was asked if I could move my appointment forward from 16:40 to 15:30. No reason was given as to why. My manager at work arranged for me to be covered as she knew how important this appointment was to me. I am presently having worries about my health and want to rule out possible cancer due to unexplained pains I am having and family history of cancer. I arrived at Queen Mary's Roehampton at approx. 15:15 and waited for about 5 minutes before my name was called by what turned out to be my sonographer. The sonographer took me into the scanning room and told me to put my stuff on the chair and remove my top. I was never offered a gown and left standing naked apart from my tights and boots, feeling vulnerable in case anyone walked in. The sonographer proceeded to tell me that they would take 4 images of my breasts. I explained to them that my left breast is tender and asked them to be mindful. I felt that they did not act sympathetically to my concern and they appeared to be very much in a hurry. After the 4 images were completed the sonographer told me to put my clothes back on and then they left the room. As they was leaving I asked them how long before the results and they said 3 weeks. When I came back out into the reception area the sonographer was standing there with their cardigan on their shoulder as if ready to leave. I asked them "what now"? and they replied very curtly "that's it, finished". I turned to walk away and shook my head as I felt humiliated at being treated so poorly, almost as an inconvenience. As my back was turned I heard them say "don't you shake your head at me". I walked on as I did not want to confront them and make an already bad situation worse. I have visited your hospital on numerous occasions and have always been treated courteously and professionally. This last experience has left a very bitter memory at a difficult time and would dread having to visit that department again. Would you let me know please...
1. Why was my appointment moved forward. Was it a case of certain staff members wanting to finish early? That's the impression that I was left with by my sonographer.
2. Is it standard practise to not offer a gown and leave patients in a vulnerable state of undress? What if someone had walked in?
I also work in a medical clinic as a sonographer and scanning mentor. I too deal with a lot of clients on a daily basis. The most important thing for myself and also to teach others, is to treat clients with respect and dignity. Never at any point would I make anyone feel an inconvenience, and certainly I would never rush them. This unfortunately this was the case today when I was treated so poorly by a member of your hospital's staff.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 29 November 2017

Karyn gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care on Day Case Ward

I had a sigmoidoscopy on the Day Case Unit. The staff were amazing...kind, caring and professional. The unit was spotlessly clean. Thank you to the doctor nurses and receptionist - you are a great team!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you Karyn for posting such positive comments about your care experiences received from the Day Case Unit. I have passed on your comments to the service who are delighted that you were happy with the standard of the care and attitude from all the staff.

We appreciate your feedback.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Excellent Care

I had injured my foot a couple of days prior to visiting my daughter in SW13 and she recommended I have it checked at the minor injuries unit . I attended this unit on 11th October and can only sing the praises of the staff and the attention I received . They were very efficient and the treatment I received was second to none . They were friendly and very reassuring . I would recommend this unit and its staff .to anyone.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 October 2017

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care received from the Minor Injuries Unit. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the staff who will be happy to hear you were satisfied with the level of care received, and wish you all the best in your recovery.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Anonymous gave Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Allaying fears...

I recently had to have a gastroscopy and I was very nervous about the procedure having heard many horror stories, but my fears were unnecessary because of the staff of Queen Mary's. They put me at ease from the beginning and I have to say that the whole experience, while not something I would want to go through often, was smooth and easy. Thank you . Mrs K R Knowles

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Shared with service.

Thank you for passing through your feedback in relation to your experiences of care received at Queen Mary's Hospital. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the team looking after your care who will be delighted to hear your experience has been more than satisfactory.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave Audiology services (community) at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Xray department

The Xray reception staff are very rude and arrogant, demanding and I was made to feel very uncomfortable. Second time I've walked out after needing treatment

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 September 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sorry to hear about your experience whilst attending services at Queen Mary’s Hospital. We work very hard to ensure that attending patients are treated to a high standard. Our staff, are here to ensure that all patients are listened to and treated respectfully. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact PALS by e-mail; elaine.bucknor@stgeorges.nhs.uk.

Elaine Bucknor,
Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Peter gave Minor injuries unit at Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Nurse on duty in minor injuries unit at 4pm on 23rd August

I would like to express my sincere appreciation of the quality of care provided by this person. I had a fractured finger and the unit was inevitably busy, but the total wait time was within the estimate offered by the receptionist.The attitude, efficiency and professionalism of the duty nurse who saw me was of the highest order. The NHS takes a lot of stick, some of it deservedly so, but it is only fair to highlight this treatment from someone who is inevitably facing many of the challenges about which we read. It is a credit to the Trust to produce this experience.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 September 2017

Dear Peter

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this lovely comment about your experience at the Minor Injuries Unit. I have forwarded this to the Matron for the Unit so that she can pass on to the Nurse and the Receptionist who I'm sure will be really pleased.

With kind regards

Sarah Duncan
Patient Experience Manager

Excellent

After injuring my hand and being treated appallingly at another A&E department, I decided to visit Queen Mary's minor injury unit. Went in at 8.30am booked in and was seen within 5 minutes. Explained my symptoms to the nurse and they seemed to be quite concerned. The nurse sent me for an x-ray and called St George's Hospital to get me an urgent appointment at the Hand Clinic the day after. It turns out I had cut a tendon in my hand and went in for surgery the same day. I am extremely grateful that I was treated correctly and didn't feel as if the check up was a rush, and I eventually got the treatment I needed. Thank you!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Queen Mary - St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post these lovely comments about your visit to the Minor Injuries Unit. These have been passed on to the team who will be delighted to read them. With best wishes