Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 3 stars

Gynaecology Outpatients - one stop shop - fail

I received an appointment for the Care UK Southampton NHS Treatment Centre for my GP Gynaecology referral. To start with I was confused as to why I live 2 miles from QA Portsmouth I was being given an appointment in Southampton, but when I read about allowing 3 hours for my appointment and the potential one stop shop for consultation, scan and possible treatment I felt impressed.

The reason for my review is to allow other not to feel so let down by the oversell of this service. I arranged for childcare to allow my 3 hours window of treatment plus 2 hours travel time from and to Portsmouth. Only to spend 1 hour waiting for consultation, with a very lovely consultant, who didn't look at the pre assessment form I'd filled in, he asked his own questions and made his own notes. The light he needed to use for 'inspection' of required body area flickered and the correct equipment he really needed was not available to him. I felt like he was working in an unfamiliar setting.

Anyhow, outcome at that stage was a scan was required, only to find out that there was no space for me to have a scan that day. I then waited a further half hour for an appointment for 'proposed' treatment but then to be told I couldn't be given a scan appointment, but to expect a phone call in the coming days. I did get a call to book the scan, but now I have another journey to Southampton for the scan and a further treatment appointment for a treatment I am completely uncertain what the treatment will even be.

I have since tried to Google the consultant I saw, but can't find any information on him. I have no idea if I will see him again.

I feel I need to contact my GP to feed back my disappointment and more important overall concern, lack of confidence on my experience. I am not an unreasonable person and i'm a massive fan of our NHS, but I am completely confused about this appointment process and have lost my confidence in proceeding with this Treatment Unit.

I left feeling a bit stupid. I'm a grown up, educated professional myself. I shouldn't leave feeling like this, this is why I have written this review.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 12 April 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 16 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are naturally concerned that you had this experience and would like every opportunity to speak with you to resolve this. Please could you contact our Patient Relations Facilitator, Tina Hobbs at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082 so that we can investigate this further? Thank you.

MABS gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 4 stars

General surgery

I attended RSH for a pre op assessment on 5 April for gallstones. I had to take my 6 month old son along as my childcare unfortunately fell through. Arrived 20 minutes early, was taken through 10 minutes later. The surgeon was great as were all of the staff I the saw for my pre op assessment. I was out of there in under an hour! I am a little concerned though as I was told I’d receive a call to schedule my surgery date last week and I am yet to hear anything .................. I may well be back on here later eating my words!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 April 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 17 April 2018

Please could you contact our Patient Relations Facilitator, Tina Hobbs at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082 so that we can advise you of the current status? Thank you.

Stephen gave Ophthalmology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Cataract surgery

I have had two cataract surgeries in the past six months and cannot praise the department concerned highly enough under the doctor .From start to finish all staff are so careing and professional .From initial reception through to treatment I would recommend this hospital as outstanding and would like to thank all the staff for there care and kindness.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 19 March 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 20 March 2018

Thank you for your comments and praise which we will pass on to the staff involved.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Excellent care and quick service

We’ve arrived at 7pm with eye injury and waited in the queue for over an hour while the eye was getting red and swollen. Meanwhile people came to register and had been served before us. When finally at 8:05pm my friend heard his name the doctor ended with asking him to go back to the queue were we are still waiting for another 15 minutes while other NEW patients are being served...

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 26 March 2018

Thank for your comment, we hope they are recovering well. Let us take this opportunity to explain our processes. On arrival at the unit patients are placed in different queues, depending on the reason for the visit. We operate a triage system, which means most patients are initially seen by a triage nurse/paramedic. We do not have any doctors in the unit. We aim to see and treat all our patients within a 4 hour period. Although you feel your waiting time on this occasion was excessive we did see and treat your friend within an acceptable time frame. If your friend would like to speak to us further regarding the concerns around the waiting time please do not hesitate to contact us on 0333 999 7613

Dave White gave Urology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

An Operational Experience

I went in for a TURP on the 12th March 2018 following investigations & tests. I'd had two in May 2016 at the RSH so knew the score. All the intro to getting into the theatre was as good as before, lots of detail, all questions answered, freindly care from all concerned & feeling considered & reassured.
I woke with the usual tubes & drips plus oxygen nose piece. It seemed that the op had been twice as long as before which probably explained my very washed out feeling. Everyone from the recovery ward nurses to the porters getting me back to the main ward to the nurses & assistants there were wonderful. My concern over the anti dvt leg "grabbers" had been sorted, these were so much softer that I could sleep in snatches with them going. Result! The nursing care was terrific. Nothing was too much trouble, they really wanted me to be as comfortable as possible.
I was in for two nights, the surgeon feeling that a TWOC success had a better chance that way. So I was able to get to know the support staff better. Those that clean the room, sort & deliver the food & drink & do maintainence. Really nice people all of whom do a great job cheerfully. Ask for coffee in a bucket & you get two large mugs!
With the performance of my waterworks being different to my previous experience I had a lot of observations to give & questions to ask - all responded to the best I could hope for. after discharge home my recovery progressed. After 3 weeks I had a couple of concerns which were dealt with perfectly by the nurse who answered the help line and the doctor who returned the call within 15 mins. Both calls were not hurried, full details were explored with some going back into the 2 yrs this situation had been going on with me. They were very interested in helping me as much as they could and indeed resolved all my concerns.
This outcome looks very much as though the whole procedure will be a success - not completely expected by me so imagine my delight. Normality bekons thanks to a very proffessional & caring staff at a great hospital.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience and that you felt that the care was so good. We are also glad that we were able to resolve your concerns. We will pass on your comments to the team!

Kev gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Very relaxed and friendly

Not usually a fan of visiting a doctor or gp butthe doctor I saw was extremely friendly and caring and made me feel relaxed

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 12 February 2018

Many thanks for your comments, it always nice to hear when our patients have had a positive experience when visiting us at the Minor Injury Unit

Roy Martin gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

I could not have received better treatment

On 7 February I had a colonoscopy at the Care RSH. As I have diverticulitis this was the third time in the last twenty years I had this procedure at the RSH. I could not have received better treatment anywhere, including privately. As those who have had a colonoscopy know, it is not the best of experiences. The staff were all first rate throughout. My wife was offered a cup of tea, while she was waiting for me and I have just received a follow-up call from one of the staff who dealt with me.
Thank you to everyone.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 09 February 2018

Thank you for leaving us feedback. The Endoscopy staff will be delighted to read your comments and know that you had such a good experience under their care. We will of course pass on your thanks.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Assistant of Minor Oral surgery

I have to say.... went today to Royal south hants and saw a fanstist lady I have ever seen in NHS department.... she was sooo welcoming and made me feel soo speical and treated me with soo much respect....
Thank you Soo much.
From Aneesa

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 12 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience in our care.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Knee replacement 07/02/18

From the minute i attended as an out patient i was made to feel relaxed and welcome.
After the initial decision to replace my knee i attended a pre physio appointment and everything was explained very clearly.
On the day of my operation the replacement component was faulty and surgery was delayed. However it went ahead in the afternoon after the surgeon worked late into the day to enable the op to proceed.
On the ward all staff were fantastic. I cannot fault any of the teratment received. Early days yet but everything they have told me to do i have done.

Very caring , very professional, very efficient and very clean.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 10 February 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 12 February 2018

All of the staff involved will be delighted to read your comments and praise. It is rewarding to know that you are very pleased with your treatment and we wish you all the best.

Jenny phillips gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Amazing experience

On the 6.2.18 I had surgery in the gynaecology department and the only reason why I had such a great experience is because of the care team who supported me from stepping foot in the door till when I was discharged the following day after a very pleasant over night stay. Everyone was lovely and treated me with up most respect and were there to tend to my every need. The night nurse was amazing and nothing was too much trouble for her. There was a lovely health care assistant who kept me updated as I waited for my surgery and the surgery staff put me at ease when I felt nothing but fear at the time. They made it all so easy for me. My consultant was truly amazing and came back twice after my op to see how I was doing and made me feel so confident after my surgery. I would recommend this team of truly amazing professionals to anyone. I can't thank them enough for all of their support. I wish I knew everyone's name as there's more I could mention in this review.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 February 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 12 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The staff will be delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience in our care.