Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Brenda gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

I was referred to the MRI by a nurse practitioner

I was so impressed with the MRI today as fell at SGH on Tuesday lunchtime and went to my local doctor in Romsey. They referred me and I had x-rays etc and found I have broken the metatarsal 5th small bone and have an appointment to see consultant in 3 weeks. I would never have gone with the nurse practitioner in Romsey advising me to do so. I have to wear tight fitting boots or trainers so am very grateful to all the advice they gave me. I work at University Hospital Southampton but the MRI at RSH is much quicker and saves A&E for people who are more in need than I was.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 08 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are delighted that this service was able to help you.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care from everyone

I am waiting to go in for a hysterectomy, hopefully it will be soon. I am so grateful for the wonderful care I have received from the consultants, nursing staff, anaesthetists so far. I am not in the least bit worried about my op because I am certain I will continue to be well looked after.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 26 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience.

denise reviewed Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

endoscopic sinus surgery

I had sinus surgery yesterday, I was very nervous but all the staff were very reassuring and made me feel at ease. The anaesthetist was calming and the surgeon informative, they came in recovery to see how i was doing. The after care nursing staff did a fantastic job to make sure my short stay was a very positive experience. A big thank you to you all for looking after me.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 29 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Our staff will be very happy to hear your comments.

Julie Meadows gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

My treatment today

I rarely write reviews but I feel that I must thank all the staff who treated me this morning in the Ear, Nose and Throat Department. From the cheerful reception staff, through to my very calming anaesthetist, informative surgeon and all the marvellous nursing staff who looked after me so well post op. They were so kind, caring and attentive and did everything they could to make my short stay a very positive experience. Thank you everybody, you all do a fantastic job and I am very grateful.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 19 October 2017

Our staff always feel rewarded to receive such praise so thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care and attention

I brought my Stepmum for Cataract Surgery on Thursday 12th October. All of the staff in Day Surgery were absolutely amazing and could not do enough for us. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the tea trolley was a welcome touch. The nursing staff were so kind and caring, our heartfelt thanks to you all.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 19 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback and we will pass on your comments to our staff. We pride ourselves on our care and cleanliness so we are delighted that you have complimented both.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Severe tonsillitis

I brought my daughter to the hospital for an out of hours GP appointment at 7 pm one Friday night, however because the surgery was running late the receptionist suggested she might get seen quicker at the minor injuries unit as it was quiet. When we arrived the staff were very welcoming and gave us a form to complete. Within 5 minutes we were seen by a very kind and caring nurse who on examining my daughter prescribed a course of antibiotics. Within a couple of minutes we had the tablets and were on our way home. Excellent service , would definitely use again , many thanks to everyone on duty that day.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 10 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 11 September 2017

Thank-you for your kind comments. We are glad you had a good experience when you visited us recently. We wish your daughter a speedy recovery and would be happy to see you again if the need arises

Antony gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 4 stars

Not as good as expected

Following a serious fall at work was advised by 111 to attend the minor injuries unit or A&E department. I felt it was more appropriate to attend the MIU and was taken there by a work colleague.
I was seen within 30 minutes of arrival although I was the only one waiting to see some one after 15 minutes, but, that was good. The paramedic who saw me was a little off-hand although efficient. They never carried out hand hygiene the whole time they were seeing me although my hands were dirty from the fall with blood on them and they examined me and then typed on a key board but with no hand hygiene in between. They also handled the disposable piece off the end of the scope they examined my epistaxis with - thankfully this had stopped before I arrived at the MIU - without doing hand hygiene; altogether very poor. And I am sad to say I didn't challenge them as I should have.
But the MIU did live up to its reputation of being fast.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 16 September 2017

Thank you for your valuable comments. if you would like to email me personally I will be able to see which of our paramedics treated you and address it with them. My e-mail address is claire.sloper@careuk.com - MIU Deputy Service Manager

Rebecca Rickeard gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service Received Today

I visited the out of hours service after suffering with a very swollen throat unable to eat or drink and I didn't realise you needed to book through 111.. the friendly receptionist suggested I visit the miu downstairs instead as I should be able to be seen there. The MIU staff were welcoming and polite, I filled out a form and was seen very quickly. I saw both the nurse and doctor who confirmed I had a really bad case of tonsillitis. The nurse gave me some antibiotics and they gave me advice on other things to take at home to help it get better. They also gave me good advice in case it gets worse. All the staff were so friendly and caring. After being in agony for three days I really can't thank them enough and I am so grateful to have such an excellent service in Southampton. Please pass my gratitude onto the nurse and doctor on duty on Sunday 17th August in the morning.

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 17 September 2017

Thank you so much for your positive comments, it is always good to hear about our patients experiences when visiting our unit. We are staffed by Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics, who would have been who you saw on your visit this morning. I will pass on your thanks to the team on duty today and we wish you a speedy recovery.

Lizzie Hendra gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Minor Injuries Unit

I was refered to the the Minor Injuries Unit by my local GP with a suspected broken ankle. The service I received from start to finish was absolutely amazing.. I can't thank you enough! I attended the unit on my own and the staff really looked after me. Thank you so much and luckily my ankle wasn't broken!

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 18 September 2017

So glad to hear you had a positive experience with us and your ankle is not broken. All our staff, both Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics are experienced in assessing and treating a full range of injuries. Should you need to visit us again in future we are always open until 21.30 hours 365 days a year.

Great service

I was referred to the MIU from a call to 111 following a sports injury. We were in and out in 50 minutes which was great!

The paramedic person we saw was really friendly and knowledgeable, and I came away with some good strong painkillers and a lot of advice about my injury.

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 27 September 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of the Minor injury Unit. We are please to hear you had a good experience when visiting us. Please do come and see us again in the future should the need arise.