Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Julie Gibbs gave Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy results

Trying to gain my colonoscopy results , Hospital referred me back to my GP, GP said he is unable to determine result speak to the Hopsital on your next appt, I have no appt as the Hospital referred me back to the GP................. How do you get biopsy results??? lets hope its not Bowel cancer as suspected !!!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 25 January 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 January 2019

Thank you for your question. We do not offer follow up appointments to discuss biopsy results. We purely ensure the results are sent on to the GP to support the colonoscopy report itself. We have spoken with your GP practice and established that they have both the colonoscopy and biopsy reports which they aim to discuss with you during your planned appointment. We have also spoken with yourself and explained the above. If we can be of any other help, please contact Tina Hobbs again.

Laura gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

No one answer phone or gets back to you

Really hard getting through on the phone and when you do get through get told someone call back and then they don't. Was told when I had my hysteroscopy on the 29th Jan that my results would be at gp after 2 weeks which they aren't and I still don't have. I am also waiting to hear when my next hysteroscopy will be I appreciate there is a wait but would just be nice to know.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 13 February 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK has not yet replied.

Sophie Personne gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

You can't even cancel your appointment...

So I have a Gynaecology appointment on the 21st of December 2018, which I have been trying to cancel for 6 WEEKS.
I have phoned numerous times, only to be put through to a 'Sorry, this person's mailbox is full'. When I did get lucky and got through to a mailbox that wasn't full, I have left messages but nobody has got back to me. I have tried getting through to other departments but I ended up hanging into the ether for half an hour or so, only to be hung up on if I did make it through.
I have even emailed through the website contact form to cancel my appointment but no reply. My last resort is to visit the hospital but I feel I have done more than enough and I don't have the time to do so.
I am sure I will get a threatening letter informing me that I have missed my appointment too.,,
I find it absolutely appalling that nobody has got back to me. If this was the private sector, people would have to be answerable for their poor performance.
In the meantime, please take this review and name below as my cancellation. I guess I will have to be re-referred...

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 04 December 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 12 December 2018

Our Patient Relations Facilitator has made personal contact with you and I believe the matter is in hand. Once again, we apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to resolving any outstanding issues for you.

Karen woods gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 2 stars

Waiting for a Hysterectomy but need a date!

I had a Laparoscopy in March 2018 and Endometriosis and cysts were removed, I couldn’t fault the time scaleor the treatment given, I have pretty nasty pain that has returned having a massive impact on my daily life, I returned to my GP who referred me to Gynaechology again in mid October, I made my online appointment and was given a date to see the consultant for 8/12/2018 (sat) already 6/7 weeks from referral. It was decided due to some pretty nasty Endometriosis and there being a fibroid over my left sacral ligament and me suffering from very bad sciatica, that they would perform a full Hysterectomy, after this appointment it was all going very fast, I had the full pre op bloods,urine,weight and had seen the anaesthetist on 24/12/2018.

I have emailed, phoned several times to see when my operation will be, it’s currently six weeks since I was told I would be having an operation for a full hysterectomy, as you can imagine I’m anxious and frustrated that i don’t even have a date, this is having an incredible effect on my every day life, as I am a career woman, it’s holding me back due to the pain I am suffering and a poor mental health waiting as I cannot plan anything.

I need a date and soon! I would have recomended the service to anyone when I had my last operation, but it makes me angry when there is no acknowledgment of emails or calls. It doesn’t seem that the usual team are in the department as they were amazing.

The service need to be sorted and quickly.

On the website it says that gynaecology waiting times are from referral to first appointment 5weeks from appointment to treatment 9 weeks, well 6 weeks have passed and still no appointment for an operation received, people need to plan ahead what with work and family time off, I need a date and something to work towards.

I am not someone who complains but it’s extremely frustrating that there doesn’t seem to be any urgency in patient care.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 19 January 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 29 January 2019

We are pleased to report that we have made contact with you and booked your surgery.

Anonymous gave at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Experience of having surgery to one of my feet

I had surgery to my left foot on November 17th, 2018.
I cannot praise the staff highly enough. Everyone was very pleasant, very helpful and very polite.
The hospital looked to be very clean.
Everything happened very smoothly. There were no delays.
I was looked after very well, I was given clear advice, my questions were answered and I felt very supported.
I had a very positive experience - thank you very much.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 03 January 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 14 January 2019

We are delighted that you had such a good experience in our care. Thank you for your review.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

No reply from Outpatient department

Unfortunately I had to cancel my 1st outpatient appointment as I was unwell. I called the treatment centre the evening before and the morning of my appointment leaving the required information on the answerphone expecting them to get back to me as they say on their answerphone. All I wanted was to ensure that the outpatient department staff did not think that I couldn't be bothered turning up for my appointment and that I was not removed from the waiting list; I did not get a reply to my messages. The next 2 times I called the mailbox was full. Today is a week since my appointment and despite leaving a further 2 messages suggesting that previous answerphone messages had been cleared I still have had no reply. Although the treatment centres answerphone does not give a timeframe regarding when they willI get back to people I find this lack of timely reply appalling and unprofessional.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 November 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for giving us this feedback and we are very sorry to hear that you experienced such difficulty in contacting us. We have recently been looking at ways to further improve our management of phone calls into the treatment centre and have now put a new system in place, with staff members dedicated to answering calls/returning messages.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 4 stars

General Surgery

i had my gallbladder removed at the beginning of June 2018 and the staff were fantastic. i have been waiting since then for an inguinal hernia repair. initially i was told this would be roughly 6 weeks after having the gall bladder op. After not hearing anything i visited my GP surgery only to find out they had sent letters to my old address despite me changing my details on more than one occasion. So back to square one and sitting tight waiting for appointment to come through. i finally saw the surgeon on the 12th november where i found out i now have a double hernia and had a pre op assessment a couple of weeks later. I have am now in constant discomfort and it`s starting to affect my daily life.

in short the RSH is fantastic but is let down by their patients GP surgeries. i should have had been operated on and back to normal by now but was badly let down by Bath Lodge Surgery.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 28 January 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 01 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you thought our service was fantastic. With regards to the administration issues you raised, we would advise you to make them aware if you have not already done so.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 2 stars

15 weeks no contact still awaiting surgeries (Gynaecology)

I had an appointment back in October with the gynaecologist (this was my second referral to the Hospital) in which resulted in putting forward two surgeries (laparoscopy and hystereoscopy) I also had a pre-op assessment and was informed that the surgery dates would not be “too long away or too quick”. It is now week 15 and I have received no contact from the hospital regarding this. I have emailed Care Uk as well as sending a letter to the hospital a couple of weeks ago, yet still no contact. I managed to contact reception earlier the other day and updated my address, I asked if anyone would be able to tell me what is going on with my surgeries as well as requested my blood test results from the pre op that were meant to be given to me back in October, I was informed that they would get someone to call me back later... this did not happen. I would just really appreciate to know how much longer I have to wait as I’m a university student who has exams this coming May and so can’t afford for waiting too much longer.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 07 February 2019

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 2 stars

can't find map of internal layout of hospital

I an trying to find a layout of the various departments in the hospital as my wife needs to go to orthopaedics and want to know which is the best car park to use but cannot find any information

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 23 October 2018

Thank you for your question. At the Southampton NHS Treatment Centre we provide a website with much useful information for patients, including how to get to us. If you click on the following link it will give you the site map that you have requested: http://www.southamptontreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2017/03/Southampton_NHS_Treatment_Centre-Map-Directions.pdf

You can also click on: http://www.southamptontreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/information-for-patients/patient-and-visitor-information/ for all other patient and visitor information for our service. If you still need any help, please contact our Patient Relation Facilitator at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082. Feel free to leave another review to let us know if this is helpful. Unfortunately we cannot comment on the other services within the RSH but this is what we provide.

Antony gave General Surgery at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Care and Compassion

When you have an operation day looming, it can make you somewhat nervous. The no eating and drinking can make you even worse, but immediately, as soon as you get up to level C, the happy greeting of the reception makes you ever so slightly better. Actually the more staff you meet the more relaxed you feel. Their happy and polite manner makes you feel that they actually want to help you rather than you just being someone they have to deal with during their day. This is invaluable to the person as without family or friends, the nursing staff are the only ones that a person can confide or talk to about their worries. Although most of a person's attitude is human nature, I applaud the care team for their great care during my operation.

The care was above and beyond, and I thank them for making the whole day a relative pleasure

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 14 October 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 15 October 2018

Thank you for leaving your comment. We are delighted to hear of your experience in our care will pass on the feedback to all involved.