Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK

0333 200 1820 c/o Care UK - Level C, Southampton NHS Treatment Centre, Brintons Terrace , Southampton, Hampshire, SO14 0YG

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Quick, efficient and friendly

I broke my foot last friday ( I didnt know this at the time ) I didnt want to trouble A&E over the weekend and already had a Dr appointment booked on the following tuesday. Dr recomended an xray. I got to the xray reception att 9:30 and xray'ed by 10:15. I was in with the Minor Injuries Dr by 11am and out the hospital by 11:30 sporting a stiff boot and set of crutches. I was told I would get a call with the trauma triage nurse the following day between 10:30 to 12:30. That happened today. Very impressive. Great staff, helpful and empathetic. Well done you guys you all do a great job in such hard circumstances

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 13 September 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 13 September 2018

Many thanks for your kind comments. It's always nice to hear positive things regarding the service we provide. We wish you a speedy full recovery.

Richard Lee gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Very Painful Foot

i attended Minor injuries several days after a long walk on uneven ground.My foot was giving me considerable pain. I was advised [within 2 hours] to leave it unstrapped and to wear sensible shoes ( [I was wearing "crocs" at the time] For several days subsequently my foot pain varied.However on the 17 of September i returned to the Minor Injuries unit where it was decided {after a 3hr 59min wait] to x-ray my foot.The result was the discovery of a small fracture .I was glad to get a diagnosis.As i was going abroad in 3 days time i was told by my travel company to get a 'Fitness to Fly" letter from my GP.My surgery said they could not supply one because they had not teated me. The staff at Minor Injuries were brilliant & arranged for me to see a consultant who should be able to give me the necessary letter so that i can qualify for disabled assistance whilst flying.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 September 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Unfortunately the long waits on some days are purely down to number of patients who attend at the same time, we do our best to keep the waits to a minimum. We are very pleased to hear we were able to help you on this occasion with your fit to fly note and wish you a very pleasant trip.

Excellent service from minor injuries walk in clinic

I was pleasantly surprised by my visit to the minor injuries unit on Saturday late morning. I had had an ear infection for several days and normally would let it clear up itself but am heavily pregnant and the thought of going into labour already in a lot of pain made me decide to go to the walk in clinic. I was prepared for a long wait however was seen by triage nurse within 30 mins who was able to sort me out and I was out of the door 10 mins later! Nurse was knowledgeable, efficient and very kind, couldn't have been better. Thanks very much for your help!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 20 August 2018

Thank you for kind comments. We will pass it on the team who were on duty on Saturday. We wish you a speedy recovery, and wish you good luck with the imminent birth of your child.

Jacqui Watts gave Orthopaedics at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Fabulous service

I arrived for my orthopaedics outpatient appointment early I checked in and no sooner had I sat down then I was called to go for an X-ray. The staff in the X Ray department were very efficient and friendly.
I reported back to the nurses upon my return from X Ray and no sooner had I sat down I was in to see the consultant. I felt my opinion was listened to and taken into account during my consultation and I was back out of the door before my original appointment time.
What an incredibly efficient service and lovely hospital easy to get to and easy to park.
Keep up the great work

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 30 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 30 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to read your comments and know that you had such a good experience in our care.

MS gave Gynaecology at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 3 stars

Level C

Letter received (went to wrong address, luckily redirected) advising date/time also stating appmt would take 3 hours talking about pre op/post op information someone available transport home. Generally frightening and confusing the hell out of us. Saturday appmt, RSH was more like the "Mary Celeste" no one around. Got to the level C reception only to discover 3 hours was nothing of the sort. The presiding nurse said the letter is just a "standard letter" sent out. I was not happy at all, particularly as there was no apology whatsoever and the nurse was disinterested, condescending and thought the whole thing was a joke. Lets hope her attitude is different if we meet again. Too late for apologies, in future it may a good idea if RSH changes its policy and thinks more carefully what it sends/tells patients.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 27 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 11 September 2018

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. Please contact our Patient Relation Facilitator at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082 so that we can fully understand
and address these issues with our team where necessary.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Jobsworth bureaucracy

I was referred by my dentist for a tooth extraction on 5th May.
The first 2 referrals they made got lost in the system so weren't acted on.
The 3rd referral did get through, over a month later.
Phoned them up to chase things, not having heard from them and being in increasing pain - painkillers every day and seldom sleeping properly.
I was told that it would be at least 8 weeks from the date that the bookings department received the paperwork before I would get an appointment before I would see anybody.
They were totally indifferent to the trail of bureaucratic incompetence that meant that the referral was received late, and to the delays that made in my getting an appointment, or in my worsening medical condition.
Just "computer says no" and an inability to actually look at and take any action on the situation. A very jobsworth attitude.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 03 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 06 August 2018

I believe that our Patient Relations Facilitator has spoken with you since the above post and arranged an appointment for you. If you do still require any further help from us though, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with her at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082.

Anonymous gave Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Gallstone Surgery.

I attended RSH on the 10/07/2018 for a pre assessment for gallstone surgery. I was told I’d be called with an operation date, it’s now been nearly a month and I’ve still heard nothing about having my operation done, other than a letter to say I’ve been placed on a waiting list. I suffer very quite badly with gallstones especially the pain (I imagine most people can relate) is there anyway I can find out how long the waiting list is, or a sort of time gap of when my operation could be happening?

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 06 August 2018

Please contact our Patient Relation Facilitator at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082 and we will help you with your query.

Michael Earls gave Orthopaedics at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Sincere thanks and appreciation

I had total knee replacement surgery July 2018 at South Hants Hospital Southampton. From my initial referral at my surgery in early 2018, I can sincerely say that all the appointments I had were truly first class with professionalism and standards of care outstanding. I want to ensure that my admiration and thanks is to all staff from my GP to the consultants, nurses, staff working the wards which include those cleaning and feeding patients. All administrators have to be complemented as well. I was so impressed with the whole team approach to patient care. Thank you.... Sincerely.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 08 August 2018

We are delighted to read your comments. Thank you for your praise and we will feed this back to our staff.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 5 stars

Hip Replacement

I have attended Care UK on many occasions in the past few years for cortisone injections, and have always been impressed by the level of service and care shown by all the health care professionals on every appointment.
I knew the time would come for the hip to be replaced and was really worried about the whole thing.
My consultant explained everything to me about the procedure-even the possible negative side effects. At the pre-op appointment I had a meeting with the Physio to explain that side of things and even visited the ward that I would be on, to speak with a nurse about the aftercare and she answered my outstanding questions.
My op was booked for 7th July 2018, and from the time I arrived everyone was really attentive, keeping me informed at all times which helped me keep calm knowing I was in safe, caring hands.
After the op I was taken into recovery where I had someone who stayed with me and again looked after me until they were happy that I was ok to be taken to the ward.
Even the porter who took me to the ward and for an X-ray on the last day was really friendly and made me laugh.
The care and attention from the nursing staff on the ward was impeccable. The help and advise from the Physio meant that the day after surgery I was out of bed and going to the toilet on my own. The food was so much better than I have experienced for myself or my family at other hospitals in the past, and the staff who brought us food and drinks were also so kind and caring. A big shout to the cleaning staff too, who keep the department in a good clean condition, again different to some other hospitals I have been in.
2 days after my op I left hospital on crutches with telephone numbers to contact should I have any concerns once Home.
I had an appointment for 2 weeks after the op to return to the department to have my dressing removed and checked. My sister who had her hip replacement 3 weeks prior to mine at a private hospital up north, (her care during her stay was no better than mine) had a nurse from her own doctors visit her home to remove her dressing and I thought this was an easier option at the time, but unfortunately a week later she was at A&E with an infection in the wound. It was then that I appreciated that Care UK take total control of the care of their patients, as they have the knowledge and understanding of the specific care needed and can spot and treat issues/concerns straight away.
I am now 4 weeks post op and had an appointment with the Physio yesterday who had said that I am doing well and has given me more excercises to progress me further. I don’t use crutches in the house and only use 1 when outside for stability. It does still hurt and ache a bit, but I am so pleased I don’t have the horrendous pains I was having prior to my op.
I do need to have the other hip done in the future but rather than fear it, I look forward to the time I get my full mobility back, and I would not go anywhere else to have it done.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 08 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an excellent review. We will of course be passing on your comments to the whole team. Would it be possible for you to make yourself known to us by contacting our Patient Relations Facilitator? Tina can be contacted at Tina.Hobbs@careuk.com or on 02380 712082. Many thanks.

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

I am not usually one to complain about the nhs, as I appreciate the problems that it faces. However, I visited minor injuries yesterday and waited for two and a half hours. When I was finally seen by somebody, they took one look at me (and my swollen face), didn’t even attempt to feel it or ask questions, and sent me to the emergency dentist where I had to wait another 3 hours to be seen.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Royal South Hants Hospital - Care UK replied on 03 July 2018

Thank you taking the time to review our service. we are experiencing very high patient numbers at the moment and this unfortunately makes our waiting times a bit longer. We are unable to treat dental problems, therefore it is quiet correct that you would have been referred to a dental service. If you would like to contact me with your details I could look into your case and give you a fuller response. Kind regards Claire Sloper - Deputy Service Manager - Royal South Hants Minor Injury Unit. e-mail claire.sloper@careuk.com