Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Glynn Heywood gave Stroke at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Stroke treatment

I was admitted by ambulance after a suspected stroke. The wonderful ambulance staff took me to the Resucitation unit where the staff were wonderful. They kept me informed of all the tests taking place despite attending to the expected patients that were there as a result of NYE partying. Even with patients bad attitudes all the staff were positive and helpful.
I was transferred to ward B3 on the acute stroke department. Once again the staff were wonderful and the ward spotless. Thankfully after tests and scans the stroke was mild and my stay only 2 days.
Thank you be all the staff once again.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 02 January 2018

Caroline gave Orthopaedics at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

Initially I was told the clinic was delayed and my thoughts immediately became negative.
This negativeness was soon taken away when I went in to my appointment with the consultant. He explained everything to me regarding my back MRI scan and the extreme pain which I have been suffering and it became clear as to why I am experiencing the pain.
He is an asset to Salford Royal Hospital and certainly went above and beyond during my consultation. Nothing was too much trouble.
I do hope that my GP can now with the guidance from the consultant control my pain
Thanks to the consultant and thanks Salford NHS

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

Miss murray gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent mri services

Thankyou for a very quick mri. From gp referral to results. The process was extremely fast for urgent mri. Everyone from the helpdesk, radiologist, the person faxing result to gp. Things couldn’t have been better. You’re all very kind and many thanks to you all

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 January 2018

Abigail . gave Cardiology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Team

Been attending this hospital for twenty five years with severe congenital problems . The consultants , nurses, doctors, down to the cleaners . I would not be here its that simple. I have been closer to death more times than I want to remember. I have had seventy five surgeries . I'm still fighting . Why do I fight so hard ? why don't I give in and except the cards I have been dealt. The answer for me is easy the hospital staff and everyone that gives up their life so I can have a life. Every single member of staff at the hospital has cared for me with compassion , empathy , love, and 100% commitment . There has been days weeks months and years of care given to me and my love ones when needed . With everything the staff can give of themselves . Our hospitals are under pressure from government funding cuts that is a fact . But what people seem to forget is the people who are running our hospitals are also running themselves into the ground trying to do the jobs they trained for. The news papers are so quick about reporting about people on waiting lists . Or corridors full of people waiting to be seen . What about the thousands of lifes these people save every week . What about the disgusting abuse they have to endure when all the time they are doing their jobs to the best of their ability . We need to support our amazing hospitals . I cried when one of my consultants retired he had given his life to others and left his job with his own ill health . I haven't a clue what tomorrow holds for me all I know is I wouldn't be here . I had another procedure last Thursday 11th January . My amazing cardiologist and his team . Did what they had to do some results were good some not so good. He grabbed my hand smiling don't look so worried theres lots to do yet . What can I say thank you is nothing these people saved me from death and still are . I have nothing but respect and very humble . If people tried harder to have a little more respect for our health services it may take a small amount of pressure of the people who give their lifes so we can live ours .

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 13 January 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent a&e

Was easily the smoothest running and very well organised a&e system I've visited, really polite staff and very clean hospital.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 17 January 2018

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Ward B6

I just want to write a very brief review to record the excellent care received by my 93 years old father, who entered Ward B6 following a break to his femur. As we all know, a break on a large bone can be quite difficult for an elderly person as it can be a trigger for further health complications. This was the case for my father. I would like to extend my grateful appreciation to every member of staff on Ward B6, nursing, caring and support staff (including those responsible for arranging the delivery of kosher pureed meals). Each and everyone of you from the ward matron down contributed in managing my father’s 5 weeks stay, over a very busy time of the year, resulting in him thankfully being discharged back to his care home.

I would also like to thank two of the doctors for being incredibly pro-active in avoiding any potential medical problems and in helping my father regain reasonable health, keeping me informed at all stages. I have no doubt that in other hospitals, the medical staff would have only been reactive. I thank you both and all the other doctors and staff for your excellent approach to the specialist geriatric medical needs.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 January 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Keith Ryder gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

From admission to ward B2

From receiving emergency op to ICU then wards down to B2 i received excellent care throughout which i will always be grateful,many thanks to all.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 January 2018

Maz gave Intensive Care at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

CCU

My husband was transfer to SRH. First 2 days looked like he has a good care. We are 3 weeks now. Major problems are lack of communication between teams. Lack of holistic approach to the patient. Not including family to decisions. My husband is under neurosurgeon, CCU Team and Renal Team. While neurosurgeons are very competent as a a Team the other two are completely lost in communication. Due to extreme lack of planing by CCU Team my husband lost venous access therefore he could not have sufficient dialysis performed. CCU staff is not familiar with care of renal patients. Renal Team is unable to support renal patients on Other wards. There is not enough staff to perform dialysis when required. Several times there was major blood loss in dialyser as staff didn't act quick enough to prevent this. For the last 2 weeks my husband required 5 times blood transfusions due to blood loss while attempting dialysis. My husband has sky high urea level which Salford is unable to deal with for the last 3 weeks. Within the week of arrival he was improving therefore was transferred from CCU 2 to CCU 1. Within 24 hours his condition worsened. From the man with perspective of getting better and high chances of getting back to the normal life he went to coma under the Salford Royal care instead.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 January 2018

Anonymous gave Intensive Care at Salford Royal a rating of 2 stars

Lack of personal hygiene

Nurse picked her nose while in gloves then with the same gloves she tached sterile syringe. Disgusting.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 January 2018

Terry gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Courtesy

I have been an undischarged patient of Salford Royal Hospital (Hope) ENT since 1954 and have been under the care of a Consultant for 30 years due to a 'complex ear condition'

I attended the hospital (Dec 2017) with an appointment to see the consultant only to be advised they had retired from this particular clinic and was seen by another surgeon.

As a matter of courtesy and in particular with reference to those patients with long standing complex conditions who should, at the very least, have been advised (by letter) before attending the clinic patient care has been transferred to another healthcare professional.
The consultant replacing mine could see I was concerned at the loss of my surgeon and went to considerable trouble to explain the management changes, offer re assurance of care, and provided excellent treatment.

I owe a debt of gratitude to my consultant but am saddened that the hospital administration did not see fit to communicate the transfer of patient care with their long term 'complex condition' patients which demonstrates a lack of respect to the consultant and empathy with their patients.

To date I am very pleased with the treatment received which of course is the most important issue.

Terry Burnett

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 02 December 2017

Salford Royal replied on 14 December 2017

Dear Terry

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and that your felt let down by our service. We are disappointed as your experience does not reflect our Trust values, where we pride ourselves on our professionalism and communication skills.

It would really help us if you could let us know more about your experience. The best way to do that is to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk.