Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Annoyed patient gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 2 stars

Missed appointment due to being sent to wrong department

Visited 1st November due to previous appointments being cancelled by the department waited nearly 6 months for this appointment as it was Got the hospital and was sent to I the wrong place three times by the main out patient department arrived at the right department 15 minutes late which was not my fault then I was told the specialist wouldn’t see me but if I wanted three hours they would see me at the end of their clinic ! I’ve had appointments here before and waited an hour past my appointments time due to the clinic running late so it was a wasted hour travel journey to get there then they wouldn’t see me due to the out patients mistakes so it will be another 18weeks /6minths before I can get another appointment !!!!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 4 stars

Cpiu neurology

Had a fairly good experience felt being l was a patient and felt push of treatment because I had jc virus and in clinic today. Also had to wait a extra week for my mri scan to come back so delayed my treatment

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

L.Xavier gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency

Arrived at A&E, very unwell on a busy Saturday afternoon.
I was treated with care, courtesy and urgency as per my symptoms and for the four hours I was there, every team member that cared for me, took the time to introduce themselves by name, made me feel extremely comfortable and kept me informed as to my care and treatment throughout and at regular intervals. All this, despite the service being extremely busy. Everyone I met was friendly and warm and made me feel completely at ease. Can't thank the team enough for caring for me when I felt so very unwell.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Pam Gannon gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care received from Salford Royal Staff

I visited Radiology 1 department in November with my elderly father and received a very in-depth but clear explanation of the treatment he was to receive, all our questions answered in full with no sense of being rushed. This reassured us he will receive the best treatment and care possible.
We were then slotted into the Pre-Op schedule for the full screening immediately following the earlier appointment, and we were seen extremely quickly and efficiently by the Pre-Op staff, who could not do enough for us, making sure we knew what was going on at all times, and ensuring we were comfortable and informed. Pre-Op also helped hugely by doing the ECG at same time and not insisting we went to another dept for this test, so sparing my father another trip round the hospital.
The hospital support workers also helped us navigate our way round the hospital, a confusing place for a first time visit, they walked with us until we were sure of where to go, with a very pleasant attitude. The reception staff were kind, polite and smiley, reassuring on arrival.
Thank you all so much for your caring attitude, it meant so much to us.

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Salford Royal a rating of 3 stars

Great hospital- outrageous car parking facilities

Staff are great and care is next to None. However car parking facilities are outrageous! We set off an hour prior to my appointment despite living round the corner. Had to queue up for a car parking entry for 45 mins. Parking system is terrible no matter which car park you go into. This terrible experience has made me day miserable. As a patient under different trust I can say this trust has the worse parking system in place

Ben N gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

My Consultant is amazing!

Please pass on my thanks to my Consultant for what was the best doctors consultation I think I have ever had in my life. Not only were they serious about helping me, but was thorough and listened to everything I said. It's rare that I have come into contact with a doctor so willing to help, which is a sad but true statement. My Consultant was amazing. I feel that they have nailed the diagnosis, and because of this I'm hoping I'll finally be able to get the treatment I need from other specialist departments. Please make sure my Consultant finds out that I really appreciated seeing them in clinic today.

Gemma Fitzpatrick gave Haematology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Care given to my Mum Catherine Fitzpatrick

Sadly my mum recently passed away after a battle with lymphoma. Despite our grief we are so happy with the care our Mum received in Haematology. So much so that when mum passed away nurses came to the ward she was on to see us.

My mum held haematology in high regard and always came away feeling happy and looked after.

Thank you to all the team in Haemaotology you made my mum's hard battle that bit easier to bear.

Although we are heartbroken. You just tried so so hard for her we know that and thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

S.Sjogrens gave Rheumatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Care by the consultant

Great hospital, from check in, cleanliness, atmosphere and facilities.
Rheumatology unit had friendly, polite staff, thank you. I came for a 2nd appt and was able to see my Consultant. The consultant was kind, clear, caring, supportive and went out of their way to educate and reassure me on all aspects of my medical situation. The consultant gave me plenty of time to ask questions and I’m very grateful to be in such good, safe hands. Brilliant, thank you again.

Sue Higgins

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Bill Jones gave Pain Management at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Pain clinic

Fortunately I was referred to Salford pain clic about 8 years ago where I was placed in the trust of a doctor. This doctor has been able to keep me able to work. I find the clinic as a whole completely helpful,respectful and professional. Currently I am in having an opperation on my spine under the case of another doctor, and have found once again the same level of care and professionalism. I would like to thank you all for your help and support with my care.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

A.Eley gave Major trauma at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

I required major surgery in October 2017.

I was rushed to this hospital from Macclesfield hospital as the procedure I required could not be carried out at Macclesfield.
I cannot speak too highly of the wonderful care I received, and the skill of all the Staff involved, it was undoubtedly the very best, and I shall always be grateful for it.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 23 October 2017