Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Alan gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

EAU

Having been a patient in EAU I had to return for two IV antibiotic reviews. The level of service and care was first class. All the staff were caring and respectful. They had excellent nursing and communication skills.

They provide a level of service that shows positively that the NHS is Alive and Well.

Thank you to all the staff on EAU for doing such an excellent job.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

Dear Alan

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us, and that you felt you were included in discussions regarding your healthcare.

We would be happy to share this with the EAU team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent,Empathetic,Tenacious,Professional Staff

Having recently visited AE, I saw the triage nurse, been assessed and treated within 20 minutes. My main problem was attended to very quickly to my great RELIEF.
This was then followed up by an ultrasound, scan and blood test. I had to wait then for the results, which came back within a short time from the lab. The Doctor reviewed then discharged me with comprehensive information regarding follow up, ie referral to District nurse and the appropriate Consultant's department.

From arriving to departure, I felt like a private patient. The whole experience was Exemplary.
Your Endeavors, Dedication, Skill, Care, Compassion, and Tenacity do not go unnoticed and with more Support, Funding, Respect and Due Diligence from Government. The Prodigious, World renowned NHS will continue in Fortitude, for the next Seventy Years.
Yours,

Paul Foster

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Dear Paul

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you're receiving from our team to help with your condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We will pass on your comments to the team who will be delighted to receive your feedback.

Chrrc7 reviewed Salford Royal

A&E experience

I went to my GP practice but, despite my symptoms, was told to go to A&E.
I attended A&E and reception booked me in swiftly, already having my record on the system. I was seen very promptly for an initial assessment and then some tests. All the staff were pleasant and efficient. After a wait, I was taken through to see the doctor. We had a thorough conversation about history, signs and symptoms, followed by an examination. An x-ray was done, which was well located, just around the corner from the bay; again, the staff were pleasant efficient. Once back in the bay, after a short wait, the results were relayed to me in an comprehensible way and I was invited to see the x-ray to understand what had been found and diagnosed. Dr. Peachey has a lovely manner: I felt that she was interested, she answered all my questions and I never felt rushed in any way. As soon as we had finished, my medication was handed to me and I was able to go home.
This was a very good experience, and fortunately the diagnosis was not as bad as it might have been. The department was well laid out and organised, the staff were pleasant and efficient, and it felt that the system worked smoothly. By the end, I felt clear about what had been found, what I needed to do next, and what to do if anything else occurred.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 July 2018 using Care Opinion

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Mike Nelson gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Simply the best

Did a spot of heavier than usual lifting prior to driving north from Christchurch to join family in Manchester with a view to flying to Crete on holiday. Slight stomach pain increased en route and by time we arrived there was a tender "lump" above my navel. Popped into emergency at the Salford Royal only to be passed on to STU ( surgical triage unit) who diagnosed a hernia requiring immediate attention. After usual pre op checks they operated at 9pm and returned me to the ward at 11pm.
I don't think I could have been treated better anywhere in the world. Thanks to all the NHS guys who looked after me.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

Dear Mike

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you attended A&E, that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us, and how they also looked after you personally to make the experience positive.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we hope you finally managed to get to go on holiday to Crete with the family.

Regards

LilysMum gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

I took my 4 year old to a&e, within a minute of booking in we were triaged and the nurse rang to check if she should send her to resus or panda unit, panda unit agreed to take her and immediately gave me a tube of glycogel to administer on the walk round to panda unit. We were seen extremely quickly, and my daughter's condition improved greatly within half an hour of arrival thanks to the quick actions of the triage nurse. Unfortunately we ended up having an over night stay but my little girl couldn't have been better cared for, they were so patient with her despite her fighting them every hour for a blood test for 18 hours solid. They even were happy to help keep my 2 year old happy too when she was getting fractious. One of the staff even went to the shop and bought me a birthday present as it was my 30th birthday and wrapped it in paper which I thought was a really REALLY lovely gesture :) my daughter has now got a referral to several specialists and we are on the road to finding out what is wrong, whereas up until this visit we have been ignored and not helped to understand what was happening

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Salford Royal replied on 10 July 2018

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you brought your daughter in for treatment, and that you were happy with her treatment and care whilst with us, and how they also looked afternoon personally to make the experience positive.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in her care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish your daughter well with her continued care with the specialist teams.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely Fantastic

I recently received treatment at the dermatology unit at Salford Royal hospital and it was fantastic. No waiting around, staff were super efficient and when I was given results everything was explained to me and all my questions were answered clearly and honestly. This department is a credit to the hospital and feel so lucky to have been treated here and not at my local hospital.

My only concern is that this hospital is rumoured to be joining the Pennine Acute Trust and I pray if this is true they do not get dragged down to the level of the other hospitals within that group.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Dear Anonymous

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us.

Angelo Amoroso gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Now this is how the Doctors should be in Salford Royal A&E

After a rubbish year at salford royal with 9 past Accident emergency visits in Jan to April 2018 with no hospital admission to a chest ward with my COPD which I later had to go through the PALS team at Salford Royal to get things moving as I had a terrible time of shifting my chronic bronchial sepsis. Not once in any of them 9 visits did i feel like they took me serious gave me the right level of care and treatment baring 1 or 2 visits which i left good feedback for and negative to. I want to also thank the top guy who works for Salford Royal PALS team who dealt with my complaint very serous and got me the nearest available chest specialist appointment. Where my new treatment plan was reviewed and problems. In a result of these I got the right level of care but not from the DRS who seen me but from someone over the phone who cared. I'm now on nebulised amoxicillin because these gentlemen do want he promised me he would and get me seen asap.

On my last two visits I can honestly say that I've been treated with respect and empathy all the things Salford Royal was lacking from Jan to March of 2018. I seen two different DRs 20/06/18 and only have great praise for them, they really lead from the front. I know not everyone can be this sincere but knowledgeable or look like they at least care. I felt like this was genuine and should always be a rule of practice in A&E departments throughout the country not only Salford Royal. I was discharged with Doxycline and Steroids and given them immediately on discharge with my notes.I got told if my symptoms come back or get worse to come straight back not wait for my nearest GP appointment like told in the past this is a GP follow up not and A & E.

Beautiful staff, early hours of the morning, smiling and still under pressure. I know every time it cant be like this but if you employ the correct people who can handle night shifts like the ones I happened to run into then Salford royal will be a better place. specailly with my chest problems they seem to get worse at night in the day so I run into a lot of night staff tht look they would rather be sat on at home. But not on this occasion it was like walking in day time and thats how it should. Accidents and emergencies don't have time frame when they strike a bit like a fire for fire men. I;d like to see salford royal lead from the front and make it a better place for patients who attend morning or night. it seems like there on the right track I hope I didnt just run into 2 good nurses that night. I hope salford royal have taken on board my criticism and others left Feb to April 2018 and improved it. It looks like they have and I only have kind words and respect for the people on night duty I ran into they looked after me well and gave me the right level of care and I went home feeling a lot better then I did on previous visits here.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Dear Angelo

Thank you for providing this detailed feedback. We are pleased that we have been able to support you during a challenging time, including the help that you received from our PALS team. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We would be happy to share this with all the teams who have been involved in your care, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach everyone. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best with your continued recovery.

Lovely professional staff and excellent care in A&e

I arrived at A&E enduring a very frightening SVT attack. I was called in to the nurses room ,who I must say initially treated me like a time waster, I had my BP and heart rate checked and then the nurses attitude changed as she realised I really wasn’t well and my heart beating 3 times as fast as it should! She called through to resus where I was instantly wheeled to and put in a cubicle. A very nice junior dr greeted me and and reassured me that I would get the treatment I needed. All the staff were professional, caring and reassuring. I had to have a really nasty drug injected into my vein to slow my heart down called adenosine. I was absolutely terrified and started to have a panic attack. The doctors and nurses made me feel more relaxed and really took care of me throughout one of the most scariest times of my life. I arrived at resus at 11 pm and only left at 5am and throughout this time the staff worked hard, remained smiley and focused I could not thank them enough for taking care of me that night.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Anonymous gave at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

**Outstanding**

After a nightmare at Royal Bolton, I turned to Salford Royal for my surgery and the service and care I received was outstanding. A-class from the beginning to the end.
100% recommend Salford to anyone.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 25 June 2018

Dear Anonymous

We are happy to hear of your positive experiences of Salford Royal services. Our aim is to ensure we provide exceptional care in all of our wards and departments. Your comments will be passed onto the senior nursing teams in these areas.

Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you well with your recovery!

Alan gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Septic Shock

I was admitted having arrived as an emergency by ambulance. The care was excellent from the Doctors and Nurses who treated me with respect. The treatment I received and viewed in A & E was exceptional. I was transferred to the Emergency Assessment Unit where the care by ward staff was again exceptional. Many thanks to all the staff who supported my immediate recovery.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 27 June 2018

Dear Alan

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you received from our team to help you throughout your admission. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.