Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Jessica gave Rheumatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

I came in today 1st November and was seen by a Consultant. He was really friendly and helpful and put my mind at ease answering any questions I had regarding my illness. He explained things to me in a way that I understood! He was very professional and gave me really good advice on how to manage my symptoms!

Jessica

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

Dear Jessica

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you came in to see the consultant regarding your condition. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with your care whilst with us, and how they also looked after you personally to make the experience positive.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best with your continued care with your condition.

Deirdre gave Dermatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I saw two doctors today and both were incredible! The doctor who examined my mole and the doctor who removed my mole both demonstrated superb interpersonal skills and made an anxious appointment much easier by the way they dealt with everything. The nursing staff were highly efficient, kind and considerate. I highly recommend this department.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Dear Deirdre

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you received from our team to remove your mole. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We will pass on your comments to the team who will be delighted to receive your feedback - please contact our PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday, so that they can pass this on for you.

Thank you!

Dee gave Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

Appalling customer service

I stopped in the Ground Cafe for a breakfast after travelling for 2 hours to get to my appointment (due to traffic) after it was recommended by the staff in the upstairs cafe. The service was appalling. The ladies serving slapped the (cold) food on the plate. I wanted a coffee and didn’t know the procedure for this. As I reached for a paper cup, I was barked at by the woman behind the counter that I would need to visit the other counter for a drink. I very much doubt that she would have treated a member of staff like this but as a patient, feeling anxious about an appointment that morning, she couldn’t have treated me any worse. I would recommend that patients eat before attending the hospital. The only positive was that the lady serving the coffee on the other counter was very pleasant.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 November 2018

Dear Dee

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the service you received from our Ground Cafe.

Please can we encourage you to contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk - they will be able to explain how we can best investigate the issues you have raised and to give you some answers. Thank you.

Pickles17 reviewed Salford Royal

Waiting a year of pain to discuss MRI results

The date is Sep 2017, just had an app with the Orthopaedic surgeon regarding the continuing pain in my spine & neurological problems in both legs due to a previous RTC which resulted in 5 fractures & a dislocation to my spine T12 on L1 a few years ago...
I had surgery on my spine but I still continued to have severe pain in my back & legs.
So forward a few more years I had a totally useless Spinal ‘Neuro Stimulator’ (used for nerve pain) removed cus it broke so in order to have an MRI, it had to be removed otherwise I would not be able to have a scan of my whole spine. I was also given Nerve Conduction Tests on my legs, MRI done in 11/17 & NCT the same month. Now forward 4 months, no results or app to see the specalists about the results after trying yo call Salford Royal so I went to my Dr’s, they in turn wrote to Salford Royal to check as he had nothing written in my notes since my last Ortho app back in Sept 17. Annoyed, I waited paitiently til again I tried phoning the Ortho’s secetary, no answer, phone engaged or I went straight through to answer phone!!☹️.
Another visit to the Dr’s again as now I’ve been waiting for 6mths!!! A little frustrating as I wasn’t getting any joy on the phone but my Dr did manage to leave an email & I was promised an app by July 2018 & that I wasn’t forgotten about, my pain in the mths gone by now had got worse. Waited patiently again but once again nothing until the final visit to my Gp in Oct 2018, where he again contacted them, I finally received an app for Jan 2019! WOW, over a year for I hope, not just an app to tell me ‘there’s nothing showing on your results’! Surely I haven’t waited in terrible pain & discomfort taking max Fentanyl patches & increased Oxycodone to be told nothing?!?
Am I upset, nervous & anxious now, waiting for the remaining 8wks to be told what news, I have no idea!!! GGGRRRR...

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 09 November 2018 using Care Opinion

Salford Royal replied on 16 November 2018

Dear Pickles17

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with trying to get hold of our team to follow up on your appointment after your tests in order to receive your test results and an outcome. We are disappointed as your experience does not reflect our Trust values, where we pride ourselves on our professionalism and communication skills.

If you haven't already, please can we encourage you to contact our PALS team with your details so that we can give you some answers. You contact our PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Aaron gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service from the STU department!

I can not fault the level of care I received from Salford Royal A&E department! Thank you to all the staff on STU for doing such an excellent job. I was seen in a very timely manor and I felt that the staff were very friendly and genuinely cared about my welfare.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 18 November 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Shannon Sackfield gave Gynaecology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Obs & Gynae

I recently went into A&E experiencing severe abdominal pain- the next day I was sent for an ultrasound scan. Before I knew it one particular doctor had ran to my ward room as a matter of urgency and explained to me what had happened. Within half an hour I was on my way to theatre and 3 hours later I was out of danger. I cannot thank this doctor, the anaesthetists and the whole team enough. The made what was the scariest time of my life bearable and comfortable.

I have nothing but praise and admiration for this particular doctor, he is an absolute Star!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 05 November 2018

Salford Royal replied on 16 November 2018

Dear Shannon

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the treatment and good service that you received from our team following your ultrasound scan in A&E. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about, and they also looked after you personally to make the experience positive when you felt the most vulnerable.

All the best with your continued recovery!

Charlie Welsby gave at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Out patient appointment

Cannot speak highly enough of the speed and professionalism I have witnessed during my time at RSH Cardiology and Cardio Investigation.
Not being the best at being a hospital patient my nerves and confidence were boosted with the way staff of ALL ranks have conducted themselves with their helpful and encouraging attitudes towards me.
Now hopefully at the end of visits following diagnosis and medication, you have made visiting hospital from a patient perspective, a reassuring, confident and comfortable experience.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Salford Royal replied on 19 October 2018

Dear Charlie

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you're receiving from our team to help with your condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

Thank you!

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 2 stars

Fab nurses terrible doctor's

My daughter has recently been in Salford Royal ANU ward. I can't fault the nurses they were fabulous and really do work hard however the doctors on the ward really let the hospital down. She saw a different Dr every day who obviously don't communicate very well then when I asked to speak to a Dr in charge of the ward it was like I was asking to speak to the queen she did everything she could to avoid speaking to me.
No proper treatment plan was put in place and physio never turned up to see her before she was discharged. What a joke!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 October 2018

Salford Royal replied on 30 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your daughter's recent visit to our hospital. To allow us to investigate this further, can I ask that you, or your daughter, contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details of your daughter's stay on ANU, so we can look into the further to give you some answers about your daughter's care whilst she was on the ward.

Finally, we are delighted to hear that the nurses were fabulous, as being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

Many thanks

patrik stransky gave Salford Royal a rating of 3 stars

not right breakfast today as well

hiya it's Patrik Stransky and I have very big problem with nurss on ward b 4 on Irving building cause they never get me what I will eat for a breakfast like yogurt plus jam they are not bodered.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 27 October 2018

Dear Patrik

Thank you very much for leaving your comments about our services. We take all feedback we receive extremely seriously.

To allow us to investigate this further, can we ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I have been attending SRFT Dermatology Dept for almost 20 years and I have nothing but praise for this Department and the Hoepital itself so much that despite other Manchester Hospitals being closer to home, I prefer to attend even AE here now. The Hospital is far cleaner, the food is much nicer and the Nurses aren't rude and lazy however, I am a regular on the Dermatology Ward so I can only comment on M3 and AE and not any other ward.

The M3 Nurses, despite it being a very busy Ward, nothing is too small for the Nursing Staff who will bend over backward to help. Daily Dressings, even if you ask to see a Ward Doctor because you have an infection, one will often be brought in and medication given.

The only downside is due to the influx of emergencies, it means that an emergency bed on the Dermatology Ward straight from Clinic is now not the case. I have been told a few times that there will be a few discharges to then be waiting over a week with a very painful, debilitating condition that has psychological issues due to it being on the face and bandages often required on the arms. I am not begrudging an emergency because if you're ill your ill but the Trust should be better prepared to deal with this and build more wards to accommodate the influx like the other Manchester Hospitals who can still accommodate their own speciality patients as emergencies without them having to wait weeks on end for a bed! My Consultant and the Clinical Director whom I have met on Ward round now on several occasions are both fantastic who will both listen to you but it's unfair having to wait so long for a bed just to get specialist treatment. You would expect for being the Dermatologiy Centre for the region with 40+ Consultants, that there would be far more than the 9 beds that it has been given in comparison to other Units within the Hospital who have their own regulars! I remember as far back as 2000, North Manchester General had it's own ward with 20+ beds along with the beds at SRFT in the old portacabin but the NMGH ward was shut down. This is my only gripe with the department,

Outpatients is fantastic. You are always informed by any delays and if any students will be sat in on the Clinic, the Nurse assigned to your Consultant will even inform you further if there are any other delays, the staff are really nice. You are always involved in your own care and not have anything forced upon you. I have had a few episodes where I have gotton upset and the Nurses have leant me a shoulder to cry on and provided a drink. I cannot fault this department in general apart from waiting long for admission.

As for AE, you don't get the same as you get at the other Manchester Hospitals and is far cleaner than the filthy MRI! As I am on chemotherapy, reception staff will move you to a side room so not to catch any infections if it is the winter and everyone is coughing.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 November 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.