Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

june gave Dermatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

excellent

I have been to Dermatology Department at Salford several times and cannot speak highly enough of the staff and treatment received. Staff were friendly and efficient with minimal waiting times, I am more than satisfied with my visits

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 September 2018

Salford Royal replied on 06 September 2018

Dear June

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you!

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Great - thank you!

From my referral at the GP, to being consulted by the neurology and neurosurgeon department - the nurses, doctors and consultants were fantastic. The doctor and consultants were open, honest and put me at ease - I really valued the way they responded to my queries and considered my feelings.

I was seen within 2 weeks of my GP referral and collected my results of an MRI scan within 6 weeks.

Thank you!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Hels gave Neurosurgery at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Spinal fusion

The morning I was going in for my spine operation I was treated and told of what to expect and why I was having this procedure. The care I recieved after my op in ward H5 was great they work so hard making your recovery good they care and are friendly ( apart from 1 night shift person ) anyway I would also say the Physio department are fabulous there they helped me tremendously and knew how to treat my needs . I would recommend this ward going off my experience with them all but 1 deserve a medal for care and treatment .

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Salford Royal replied on 06 September 2018

Dear Hels

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you're receiving from our team to help with your condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We will pass on your comments to the team who will be delighted to receive your feedback - please contact our PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday, so that they can pass this on for you.

Thank you again, and all the best with your continued recovery!

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

Not happy

Continually being let down - back problem referred to the NHS 22 months ago. I'm 53 and cannot stand for > 5 minutes without extreme pain.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 06 September 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

A very distressing experience with Salford Royal

Since having a C section 3 weeks ago my daughter has been paralysed with back pain. Initially the emergency doctor, despite suspected thrombosis, wouldn't attend so the paramedics took her back to her local hospital's maternity ward, and they found her and baby a bed. Since then she has had MRI scans sent to Salford Royal for assessment and requests to see a consultant, but was refused. After several more requests from the local hospital still no action from Salford Royal. Eventually the pain was so bad and gone on for so long that she was advised the only way to be seen was to go to the local A&E. She did this on the 9th and was transferred to Salford by 4pm, expecting another MRI scan and potential operation. After being starved until 10:45 pm she was eventually seen by a doctor who promised she would have a scan at 9am today, then probably the operation if needed. She was prepped and starved again from 2am. But by 12:30 today still no doctor has seen her and no MRI scan. I have phoned PALS but the recorded message says they are not there and will return my call within 3 working day. Just seems to sum up what's happening with this place. Totally unacceptable right from the beginning. She is completely distraught and is separated in a strange place from her partner and 3 children, as well as the severe pain, particularly as the strong pain killers have been suspended by Salford

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018

Dear Anonymous

Thank you very much for leaving your comments about our services. We take all feedback we receive extremely seriously. We are sorry to hear about some of the difficulties your daughter has had with her MRI scan. If you have left messages with our team, you should have received a call back.

If you haven't heard back from our PALS service, please can we encourage you to contact them again on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk - they will be able to explain how we can best investigate the issues you have raised and to give you some answers.

Thank you.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Ent consultation

Can't say how lovely the entire staff are. My consultant is compassionate and understanding. I dislike hospitals and I can say I still do but the way I was treated was with consideration. The hca I think was helpful after my procedure. All the staff are a credit to the NHS

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 11 August 2018

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Amazing service!

I had an injury to my hip 18 months ago and was treated at wrightington hospital with a steroid injection but did nothing and was still in pain. Was told by Dr there that nothing else could be done and only physio could be offered. At 46 years of age I was not prepared to give up on the sport that I enjoyed so I visited my gp and got referred to salford royal. I was seen within 2 weeks and 8 days later after my consultation with the orthopaedic Dr was given another steroid injection. After 10 days I am now totally pain free and can't thank salford royal enough for giving me my quality of life back and agreeing to treat me. Amazing orthopedic drs and can't recommend and thank enough.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 August 2018

Dear Anonymous

if you could email our PALS team (PALS@srft.nhs.uk) with some further details, we should be able to identify the staff member in question and make sure that they receive this feedback.

Regards

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 2 stars

No call from Neurology for an assessment

I had an appointment for an initial call from Neurology on 23rd July at 11.30. This was booked by an on line app and I didn't have a name.

No phone call.

I'm in a phone based job and can only take calls at certain times. I called Reception twice and was advised that they needed a name to put me through, not unreasonably. I tried for the specialist who I thought would be in charge of my case but his secretary was on voice mail, twice.

I now cannot take the assessment call and will have to re-book.

Could the Trust perhaps start treating appointment times more seriously ?

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

Dear Anonymous

Thank you very much for leaving your comments about our services. We take all feedback we receive extremely seriously. If you have left messages with our team, you should have received a call back.

Please can we encourage you to contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk - they will be able to explain how we can best investigate the issues you have raised and to give you some answers. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Care

I was taken in to A and E with chest pains, unlike I had experienced before. I was with an ambulance crew and there was a little wait. Then I was triaged, basic details taken and then wheeled through to a room. My obs were done and blood taken very efficiently and quickly. I was also given a chest Xray. Just before discharge I was given a stomach palpation by a senior practician. The upshot was I probably had some gastric reflux.
I was treated kindly, as was my husband who needs to sit down rather than stand for long.
When I asked for water I was actually given some tea, and my husband which I really appreciated.
As each test was done, I was told the results and otherwise we were left in peace. There seemed no stress or rush although we were told they were quite busy - it was all purposeful.
I appreciated the manner of each person who entered the room, and felt very well cared for - Thank you NHS staff!!!

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 23 July 2018

Ilona Barta gave Neurosurgery at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic staff.

I have been admitted to the H7 department after right frontal craniotomy surgery on 12 of July 2018.Want to express my gratitude for all members of this fantastic team!Thank you for amazing staff from cleaners until doctors!
Highly professional,attentive,responsible and supportive team.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

Dear Ilona

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you were brought in for surgery, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us, and how they also looked after you personally to make the experience positive.