Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Very good service

We brought our 4 year old in Saturday evening to a and e and the panda unit, it was very busy but all the staff were amazing , helpful friendly and professional even though you could see the amount of work they had on. Well done to the team. God bless our nhs .

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 03 February 2019

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for your review, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to do this and are very pleased to hear that you and your 4yr old had a positive experience of Salford Royal's services, despite how busy the department was at the time you attended.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your 4yr old's care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

101 reviewed Salford Royal

Very impressed by the friendliness and efficiency

I recently attended the GI physiology department for two tests and was very impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff members. Katie was especially helpful and thoroughly explained the procedures. Many thanks for making these procedures easier by being caring and attentive.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 02 February 2019 using Care Opinion

Dear 101

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience of our service, and that you were impressed by the friendliness of our staff whilst explaining to you the procedure to you.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care, including Katie. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Asthma Clinic

My son has been under the care of the same consultant for 18 months at this clinic now. I have found the service to be outstanding. The consultant and his team are so accommodating and so caring. Always phoned promptly when they said the would, always answered phone when I called and I felt like I could contact them for help/advice at anytime. I finally feel like we are getting to the bottom of my child health issues. Thank you for an excellent service.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 05 February 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you and your son have received from our Asthma Clinic team to treat your son's condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We would be happy to pass on your comments - please contact our PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday, so that they can pass on your fantastic feedback you gave regarding our staff.

Anonymous gave Nephrology at Salford Royal a rating of 3 stars

Transplant assessment process

I have to say that when you need a kidney transplant it is a very difficult time because not only are you ill but you have to be emotionally and physically resilient plus committed. You visit a one stop assessment clinic so that everything is done on one day. So when you visit the Consultant 3 weeks later you are told that a chest X-ray hasn't been reported and that until it is you cannot see a transplant surgeon and won't get near the transplant list. No-one did anything to chase it up in that time. I even told the radiographer that this X_ray was for transplant assessment. Not much point in having a one stop service when this happens

5 weeks on it still hasn't been reported and you are told that this isn't unusual. Sorry but this is a disgrace, unacceptable and morally repugnant and if staff for one minute think it is then they need to take a step back and re-set their boundaries. Was I told that there could be a delay? No. I don't understand why radiology haven't got an agreed service level agreement so that investigations from transplant assessment are turned around within a week. People who were seen in a later clinic could now be ahead of me and with thousands of people on the kidney transplant list it is each person for themselves. If it is know there are delays then why aren't the chest X-rays requested earlier so it can be available? I wonder how staff and managers in the service would feel if this happened to them? I may not get on the list immediately but at least get me to the surgeon who can decide without delays and stress because the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

This is symptomatic of system failures, lack of initiative, common sense and out of the box thinking at all levels. You don't see someone in clinic and not follow through or have someone designated to ensure that results come back. This isn't rocket science but it is people's lives you are mucking up and there are highly paid managers who should be ensuring that systems are fit for purpose not just running with them until something goes wrong.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 09 February 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to highlight the areas of concern that you have experienced - it is difficult to respond in full to your concerns without more detail but please be assured that the issues you have detailed have been taken seriously. I can only imagine how frustrating and difficult this must have been for you, please accept my apologies, I would like to assure you that this is not normal practice.

It would be very helpful if you could contact us, to allow us to look into this further for you. You can contact us via our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Anonymous gave Salford Royal a rating of 4 stars

CPIU department January 9th

I have visited CPIU for 3 years, just on a yearly basis for an Acllasta infusion.
This year was the best experience. I was very impressed by the slick management of the ward, the very capable staff, & the lovely lady who made me a hot tea.
The only area of improvement would be in the reception area.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 12 January 2019

Salford Royal replied on 22 January 2019

Dear Anonymous

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you visited CPIU for your infusion, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us, and how they also looked after you personally by making you a hot tea, to make the experience positive.

We will pass on your comments about the reception area.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service with details of when you attended, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again.

Hollyanna reviewed Salford Royal

Gastroscopy with throat anaesthesia and sedative

I was very nervous about having a tube down my throat as just having dental work done is quite stressful. I was told that with the throat spray I would not feel the tube in my throat and the sedative would make me drowsy and unconcerned about what was being done. If only that had been true!
Once they gave me the sedative, I felt more wide awake than I had before and just as nervous. The doctor attempted to put the tube down and as soon as it touched the back of my tongue I'd had enough. I took out the mouthpiece and told them I was completely awake and aware of what they were doing. As far as I could see, the sedative had had no effect at all. I asked if they could give me more of it and try again, but was told they were not allowed to because of my age. I had not been told previously that I would be given a reduced dose, even though I had expressed extreme anxiety and said firmly that I did not want to be aware of the procedure or have any memories of it.
I feel let down that people knew I would have some degree of awareness and that they had been groundlessly upbeat about the supposed wonders of sedation, which turned out to be anything but true. It seems cruel that nobody explained that I would be given a reduced dose and I was left to discover in a rather nasty way what the short-comings were. This was attempted yesterday morning and I have barely stopped thinking about it. I have cried a lot, too. I am 70 years old and I do not think my life should be like this. I do not know what will happen next.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 06 January 2019 using Care Opinion

Dear Hollyanna

We are so sorry to hear about your experience at such a distressing time. We try hard to provide the highest standard of care that is dignified, compassionate and person centred, however, from the experience you have described this has not been the case.

We value all comments as it helps us to continuously improve our service. We are committed to improve our patient experience and therefore we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To allow us to investigate this further and to pass on feedback of your experience during the endoscopy appointment, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details of when you attended?

Hollyanna reviewed Salford Royal

System for changing appointments

This continues from my previous post about difficulties with changing an appointment. I received a reply from a manager in the endoscopy unit. They explained I'd been given an appointment on a day I had said I would be unavailable (as I had a neurology appointment) by saying the information I had entered on the website about my availability had not been passed on to the endoscopy unit from outpatients. They said it is never passed on as they use a different system. So their time was wasted sending me an appointment that outpatients knew I could not attend! I have received no reply as to how it is possible for a hospital department to give a patient an appointment at a time when they already have an appointment in a different department. Are appointments not linked to the patient's hospital number? This unhelpful system adds a lot to the stress patients are already under.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 08 January 2019 using Care Opinion

Dear Hollyanna

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with trying to rearrange your endoscopy appointment.

If you haven't already, please can we encourage you to contact our PALS team so that we can give you some answers to the points you have raised. You contact our PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Russ Harrison gave Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Salford Royal pharmacy

What a fantastic team in the in patient pharmacy.I visited as a Blood bikes volunteer on 30th December. The department was absolutely bombed out with work but I was massively impressed with the can do attitude and the team spirit that shone through while I was waiting for my job.These guys are a shining example of how an experienced team on top of thier game rises to a major challenge under immense time pressure.
They are a credit to the NHS and the hospital trust!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 01 January 2019

Dear Russ

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you visited in December as a Blood Bike volunteer.

We would be happy to share this, if you could contact our PALS service with details of where you Mam is, we can ensure that your comments can be passed onto the team. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again!

Chris gave Geriatric Medicine at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Ward L3 Doctors / Staff / Team

My mam has been in hospital for the past 3 weeks (yes through Christmas too)
Can I just say she has received the very best care possible
We want to thank you all ,
The doctors ,the nursing staff , the carers the tea ladies/men and anyone else who helps out on the ward.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
They are very dedicated,caring, friendly, and willing to help you when ever they can.
Mam doesn't really like hospitals but the staff have gone above and beyond to make her feel
Comfortable . And her word she's a "queen B "
Even me and my sister whom visit Mam everyday are treated with respect. Hopefully we have not got in the staffs way too much .
I also noticed that all the staff treat all the patients with dignity and respect.
Once again thank you so much for the treatment and care you are giving our mam
From the Blackburn family

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 03 January 2019

Salford Royal replied on 03 January 2019

Dear Chris and family

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service when you visited your Mam on the ward, and that you were happy with her treatment and care whilst with us, and how the team are looking after her personally to make the experience positive.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service with details of where you Mam is, we can ensure that your comments reach all who are involved in her care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we hope your Mam is recovering well.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Neurology

I believe I have received an extremely high level of care from one particular consultant and his colleagues. His consultation was thorough and his manner warm and attentive. Many thanks to him and the team at Salford Royal.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 December 2018

Salford Royal replied on 13 December 2018

Dear Anonymous

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our Neurology service, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who are involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.