Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Patricia gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful treatment

Had an outpatient appointment today was seen within 5 minutes of arriving and everyone was polite and respectful to me cannot fault this hospital at all .

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 07 June 2019

Salford Royal replied on 18 June 2019

Dear Anonymous

We are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave this lovely review and are very pleased to hear that you had a good experience when you visited our Neurology outpatients department.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

colposcopy

I was urgently referred to colposcopy from Oakland’s hospital on 10/06/2019 to be seen within two weeks. I called outpatients numerous times who said I was on the waiting list and just had to wait for a phone call with an appointment. 2 days before the 2 week deadline I was given two direct numbers to colposcopy who knew nothing about me! I then had to arrange for my referral to be resubmitted myself.during them two days I called colposcopy over 150 times and nobody answered the phone or responded to my messages. The final day of the two weeks when I should have been seen I had to go down to Salford royal myself to find out what was going on and why I had not been seen. I spoke with the support manager who blamed the delay on staff off sick and did not know what had happened. She the booked me in for an appointment 5 days after the two week deadline and said she would call me the day after with an explanation. I never received this call and I found her rude. I received a letter with my appointment the next day with no information on what to expect or what will happen. Disgusting and disgraceful service with no empathy or understanding of how the patient feels at a nervous and terrifying time

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 25 June 2019

Salford Royal replied on 02 July 2019

Dear Anonymous

We are so sorry to hear about your experience at such a distressing time. We try hard to provide the highest standard of care that is dignified, compassionate and person centred, however, from the experience you have described this has not been the case.

We value all comments as it helps us to continuously improve our service. We are committed to improve our patient experience and therefore we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To allow us to investigate this further and to pass on feedback of your experience trying to secure this colposcopy appointment, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details of when you attended?

Karon gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Surgical Triage Unit C1 Ward

This was the second stay on this Unit for my Father within a month. It is a great unit, small and personal and the staff are absolutely amazing from the cleaners, clinical support workers, nurses and consultants they even remembered my Dad and nothing was too much trouble they were extremely understanding of Dad and his medical history and the second time he bypassed the wait in A & E and was admitted straight to the STU as his GP referred him. I felt that it was like private care he was receiving. Grateful thanks to each and everyone of you.

Visited in June 2019. Posted on 30 June 2019

Salford Royal replied on 19 July 2019

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had two positive experiences of our services on C1, and that you were impressed by all of our staff and felt you had received private health care!

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you.

Ng Family gave Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic support during a difficult time

My dad was admitted into Salford Royal in May 2019. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with late stage lung cancer and was admitted into the H2 ward. It's an uncertain and scary time for our family, however the level of guidance and support from everyone within the NHS (the staff on the wards, junior doctors, consultants, palliative care team, nurses and oncologists from Christies) has been nothing short of incredible. Even though we are still fighting the cancer, the staff have been like guardian angels. Nothing is too much to ask for, from giving us guidance to accommodating my dad and making sure he is comfortable, How lucky we are to live so close to this great hospital.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 28 June 2019

Salford Royal replied on 02 July 2019

Dear Anonymous

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we are delighted to hear of the positive experience you describe during what must be such a difficult time. It is good to hear that you have been happy with the treatment and care your father has received, and how the team is looking after you all to make the experience as positive as they can.

We would love to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service with details of your dad, we can ensure that your comments reach all who are involved in her care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Dawn Wright gave Rheumatology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Hospital, Consultant and Nursing Staff.

I have been a patient at Salford Royal for Years, I haven't got a bad word to say about the hospital. The staff are lovely and bubbly and put you at ease, now and again you might have to wait a little longer a blood test, but this is to be expected because the staff are run off their feet, it's a very busy Hospital so delays are sometime inevitable, because the staff are so sweet the wait really doesn't matter. I always feel the consultants and staff have my best interests at heart and I am always looked after. Salford Royal is spotlessly clean even when they had major refurbishments going on. Excellent Hospital I wouldn't want to go any where else.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 02 July 2019

Salford Royal replied on 19 July 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you so much for taking time to write such a wonderful review of our hospital and Rheumatology services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and services and we're delighted to hear that you always feel you have continual great care from our teams.

Thank you.

KELLY gave General Surgery at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Above and beyond!

I've visited the day surgery twice recently once in April and again in May, both times I felt cared for with dignity and respect. On the 13th May after my surgery I was in a lot of pain, and struggled to walk, I don't remember much else other than feeling the staff/ nurses went above and beyond the call of duty and made me feel as comfortable as possible and I felt very cared for! Thank you to the day surgical ward staff, you are amazing!

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 23 May 2019

Salford Royal replied on 29 May 2019

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had two positive experiences of our services, and that you felt our staff treated you with dignity and respect and went the extra mile in caring for you.

We would like to wish you a speedy recovery.

Primrose1998 reviewed Salford Royal

Outstanding care of my son

My son was assaulted this week whilst on a night out and attended Fairfield hospital via ambulance. Whilst at Fairfield hospital he was x-rayed and was told everything was ok and he could go home.
On returning home he took himself off to bed and throughout the day was vomiting and unable to move his head due to the sheer pain so I called an ambulance who took him to North Manchester hospital where he was accessed straight away in rescus. The care my son received was second to none they gave him pain relief and did his bloods straight away and ct scan only to find out he had a fractured skull and bleed on his brain which wasn't picked up at Fairfield hospital.
Both Doctors and nurses on that day couldn't do enough for my son and I am heavenly so grateful for what they did for him. They even asked me if I was ok as they knew I was upset. My son was blue lighted over to Salford royal where he was met by a specialist who again explained what was going on and he was then transferred to a ward where he is currently receiving treatment.
I just want to thank all the staff who looked after my son at North Manchester hospital for all there care they gave my son I do believe you have saved his life.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 22 May 2019 using Care Opinion

Salford Royal replied on 29 May 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to highlight your son’s experience with us. We are very sorry to hear that your son’s diagnosis was not identified at Fairfield General Hospital and we would like an opportunity to investigate this further. As we are sure you will appreciate, it is difficult to resolve your concerns in full without more detail but please be assured that the issues you have detailed have been taken seriously.

We are however, delighted to hear of your positive experience with our A&E staff at North Manchester General Hospital when they treated your son and extended their care to yourself. Also that you are happy with the current treatment and care your son is receiving whilst in Salford Royal. We would be happy to share this with the relevant teams.

If you could contact our PALS service with details of when your son attended, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were/are involved in his care at all three hospitals and the necessary investigation takes place. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best with your sons continued recovery.

Matthew Lawson gave Cardiology at Salford Royal a rating of 2 stars

Very disapointed with outpatients refererall for an echo

Referred for an echo in the 1st week of April received an Appointment which was unsuitable so i was offered a date when i was due to go away on holiday the person on the phone and she could offer no later dates as it was a 2 week Referral. I revisited my gp to get refferred but not happened so i have given up and decided not to proceed with the scan.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 31 May 2019

Salford Royal replied on 06 June 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for raising your concerns in this post. We were sorry to hear of the difficulties you have encountered trying to rebook your scan and can appreciate your frustrations.

It is difficult to advise on this without any knowing any of your details but it important to follow medical advice and have this test. We therefore urge you to contact our PALS team in order for them to investigate and advise you further on the most effective way to resolve this situation.

Please contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Anne gave Neurology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

I had an embolization of cerebral dural fistula in April and suffer from extreme anxiety ,,the doctor's who treated me and all the staff had the patience of a saint .everyone from consultants to nurses treated me with respect and care ,I could not have asked for better treatment .

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 07 May 2019

Salford Royal replied on 10 June 2019

Dear Anonymous

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your feedback of how our Neurology team looked after you.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service with details of your treatment, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we hope you continue to recover well.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

Poor service in A&E

Came to A&E after receiving advise from two separate consultants. I am pregnant and suffer from intracranial hypertension, after suffering for days with a blinding headache and then vomiting we arrived at A&E to an extremely indignant receptionist. We waited an hour to be seen by anyone, saw a lovely nurse who took an extremely brief explanation of my symptoms and advised they would give me a cannula for fluids and pain relief. Nobody would look at the maternity medical notes i had brought. We then waited a further hour with no fluids,cannula or pain relief in the waiting room. A gentleman came in an began throwing up all over the waiting room, many patients ended up outside as they could not stand the smell and noise. Again the receptionists just peered over their desk talking about him rather than offering any help. Eventually went and asked the receptionist how long the wait would be, had to wait in a queue while she made a cup of tea despite seeing there were people waiting. We had been there nearly 2 hours without any fluids or pain relief and I was told there was a further 45 minute wait to see the next nurse. At this point I was extremely upset and asked if we could leave and seek medical care somewhere else. I was told to go down the corridor and speak to the nurse a in A&E. After speaking to a nurse in A&E I was told the current waiting time was 4 hours and she was sorry that we had been given false information as to the treatment I would receive at this hospital. The general care in this hospital was appalling, having been to other A&E departments regarding my condition, the fact that no one would even look at my medical notes or listen to what was actually wrong was disgraceful.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 24 April 2019

Salford Royal replied on 24 April 2019

Dear Anonymous

Thank you very much for leaving your comments about our services. We take all feedback we receive extremely seriously. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties encountered in our A&E department, we are disappointed as your experience does not reflect our Trust values, where we pride ourselves on our professionalism and communication skills.

In order for us to investigate this matter further, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) without delay, on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with more specific details for us to look into.