Salford Royal

0161 789 7373 Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

Suzanne gave Orthopaedics at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Outpatient Appointment

I accompanied my son to an appointment today. All the staff we met were professional and helpful and kept us informed of unavoidable delays.
The Consultant listened to my son and answered all our questions. We came away feeling positive about the forthcoming operation.
I would definitely recommend the department.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 06 April 2018

Dear Suzanne

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that your son has received from our team to help him with his condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

We will pass on your comments to the team who will be delighted to receive your feedback.

Thanks again for your feedback and we wish your son well with his ongoing recovery!

Khrystye gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

ME/CFS

Been to see someone today with my daughter who has ME/Cfs and was under the Children's hospital till end of last year now 18. Seen 30 minutes late with no explanation or apology for this. Dr did not introduce himself. Then told us we were in the wrong clinic as we already have a diagnosis. The clinic was for people who are not diagnosed yet. He asked about medication and treatment already tried. We told him. He was rude dismissed and did not listen. After telling us we should not be there he told us to forget all the work we have been doing with pacing for the last 2 years and start again with there pathway which is exactly the same as we started 2 years ago the recommended treatments we have tried multiple times that don't work. He then refused to help with issues related pain and nausea and gave us a follow-up for 9 months. Useless and pointless. Have emailed a complaint to Pals not happy

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 April 2018

Dear Khrystye

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent visit to our hospital regarding your daughter's care. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with your appointment. We are disappointed as your experience does not reflect our Trust values, where we pride ourselves on our professionalism and communication skills.

I note that you have already emailed our PALS team. If you haven't heard back from them yet, please can I ask that you re-contact the team on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details of your appointment, so we can give you some answers.

Kind regards.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

healthy people prolonging the agony of patients

Last week I received a phone call to tell me that the pre op department had agreed to allow my operation to go ahead after 20 weeks of waiting and being in intense pain.
I was informed that this had been passed onto the surgeons secretary from whom I received a phone call to say that the surgeon was waiting the approval of the anaesthatist
after not hearing any more for a few days I tried to contact the secretary to find out what is happening,after leaving a message she returned my call to say she had heard nothing and would let me know when she had but seeing as she only works mon to wed it will be over another week before anything .
I know they are busy people but sitting here in pain and getting more and more depressed taking more and more painkillers whilst they decide not knowing anything is like torture.
Also waiting for the results of my sleep test dated 7th March and not knowing why I have been given an appointment for 8th June does not help at all,Why all this keeping us alive if the life we are leading now is crap without mobility at 70 yrs

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 20 April 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Salford Royal a rating of 1 stars

Dissatisfied relative

M2 Ward lack of communication to relatives of elderly parents. No compassion lack of care. Understaffed. .

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 20 April 2018

Salford Royal has not yet replied.

Alan gave Accident and emergency services at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Admission via A & E

Following a 24 hr ECG I was asked to return for what I thought was feedback but was reassuringly being admitted to HCU.
The A & E Majors unit at 10.30 a.m.was like a battle zone with trolleys along all the corridors. Nursing and medical staff were attentive, dealing with patients, ensuring that everyone felt their needs were being met.
The nurse completing my admissions documents was very caring and considerate, monitoring my heart and ensuring that I was comfortable. I was offered drinks on at lunchtime a sandwich. Her level of care to me was excellent. She was a credit to her profession as she kept me updated on my condition. The Doctor responsible for reviewing my initial ECG and subsequent admission was very professional and extremely supportive. His bedside manner was exceptional.Not only to be provided with the high level of exceptional care but to witness it in what looked like a busy train station with all patients receiving high quality care has to be recorded,
My sincere thanks to all the A and E staff for undertaking your work in such a supportive and caring manner under such tremendous pressure.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 26 March 2018

Dear Alan

We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience in our Emergency Department, despite how busy the unit was, and we wish you well with your continued recovery.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us.

Alan gave Cardiology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

HCU

I found both the Medical & Nursing Care were excellent whilst I was an inpatient. The nursing team were a credit to their profession. They, together with the nursing support staff made patients care comfortable and they were considerate of the differing needs.
I was impressed by the high levels of knowledge and their ability to engage with patients to ensure the maximum benefit from the care they provide.
I was kept up to date on the treatment plan was and fully engaged in discussion with the nurses about my condition and the options for future treatment.
Congratulations to the whole team on HCU for the fantastic service you provide

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 26 March 2018

Dear Alan

We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear of your positive experience of our service, and that you were happy with your treatment and care whilst with us, and that you felt you were included in discussions regarding your healthcare.

We would be happy to share this with the HCU team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Izzy2018 reviewed Salford Royal

Consultant in Neurology Outpatients

I was seen by a very pleasant specialist who explained exactly what could be causing my headaches and he is referring me to an ophthalmologist for further investigation. The staff on Reception were very welcoming, as were the nurses in clinic.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 24 March 2018 using Care Opinion

Dear Izzy2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you're receiving from our team to help with your condition. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

Thank you!

M Mohamud gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

I have been to ENT for consultation

I was referred by my GP to Salford Royal ENT department. I was bit nervous about the visit, but my consultant was very kind and pleasant. I quickly felt comfortable and could speak about my problems with breathing.
Thank you to Salford Royal, all ENT department staff and my consultant particularly.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 27 March 2018

Dear M Mohamud

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience of our service, and that you were treated kindly.

Thank you.

Candice Cathcart gave Gynaecology at Salford Royal a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology consultant

I have been under investigations and treatment within this department for infertility. I have met a wonderful consultant she has helped me massively. I had very little hope regarding my current situation until I met this lady. She is an absolute credit to this department and has a very understanding nature. The nurses and receptionists are also fantastic. Can’t thank you all enough for all the help and support.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Dear Candice

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you're receiving from our team to help you. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

Thank you!

K m Brad gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Salford Royal a rating of 4 stars

The dread ed colonoscopy

I would like to thank the colonoscopy team who I saw today I was very anxious and nervous but they were very understanding especially the lovely nurses. My consultant today was very reassuring at the begging but after the sedation I remember noting but a little discomfort a couple of times the next I remember I was in the Recovery room
As most people say the prep is the most unpleasant part of the proceedue

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 31 March 2018

Dear K m Brad

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you received from our team when you went for your investigation. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about, and we are reassured to hear that the investigation went well.

Thank you, and we wish you well with your ongoing care from our team.