Cossham Hospital

0117 340 8400 Lodge Road, Kingswood , Bristol, Avon, BS15 1LF

Anonymous gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attending the walk in x-ray dept

After a visit to my GP was advised to go to Cossham Hospital for an x-ray on a troublesome
knee. No appointment was necessary just turn up. I went the next day. Spoke to a pleasant member of staff at reception who pointed me to x-ray dept. After giving me details there i sat and waited no more than five mins before being called in. i saw another very nice pleasant member of staff who took the x-rays and then i was off home. 15 mins from going in to coming out.I am completely happy with all aspects of my visit. 10/10 i would say.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Johnpaul64 gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CT colonoscopy

i wanted to thank the staff at the CT scanning department at Cosham hospital for all of the care I received this week when visiting this hospital for a pre arranged CT colonoscopy on Monday morning.

From the start I was treated with respect and involved in all decisions regarding the procedure while at the hospital. I was allowed to discuss my concerns and the pain i was expereincnig and put at ease right from the start.

The surroundings were beautifully clean from the coffee shop to the actual departments and all went smoothly. In fact it was nothing at all like visiting any other major hospital in the area which in my personal experience has generally been the opposite . For a change I was actually treated as a human being and not a number in the system.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Anonymous reviewed X-Ray at Cossham Hospital

ultrasound scan on Tuesday 12th September

Following my visit for a scan on my bladder I felt very disappointed as I had drank over a litre of water was advised this was not enough my apt was late in the afternoon the practitioner looked pretty fed up and said to me you have not drank enough water I apologised and offered to quickly drink more they replied by saying "are you half camel"

I have always found this to be a fantastic place, I now have to wait for another apt to be sent through surely this is a waste of NHS resources in light of the challenges ahead!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic hospital

Beautiful building, very clean and welcoming. Staff are very professional and also friendly. Dr was very thorough and couldn't have done anymore. Even the cafe is great

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 May 2017

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and helpful.

Had an ultrasound for my kidneys the other day. Was greeted as soon as I walked into the hospital and directed to the imaging department by a very helpful receptionist. Receptionist in the imaging department was equally friendly and helpful. Sat in a clean and quiet waiting room and was seen ontime for my appointment. I was very happy with the service I received and could even get my bus back to Fishponds just outside of the hospital. Thank you!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Colin Moore gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CAR PARKING CHARGES

CAR PARKING CHARGES ARE DISGRASFUL.

Minimum charge of £3.00 is extortionate.

I attended 07/02/17 for an X-ray @ 8.30am, out by 8.45am (brilliant) CAR PARK CHARGE £3.00 (outrageous)

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Anonymous gave Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colonography

Had a colonography today,was done with the most utmost respect for a nervous bloke, for all involved thank you very much, Rich B

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 January 2017

Cossham Hospital replied on 01 February 2017

Dear Anonymous – I was pleased to hear that your experience of having a Colonography at Cossham Hospital was so positive recently. I hope that your experience will help allay the fears others might have of this procedure and I am grateful you took the time and trouble to post your views. I have passed on your comments to the team concerned so they will be aware.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team

NI Lifetime Payer gave CFS / ME Management services at Cossham Hospital a rating of 1 stars

2 weeks now and can't get through on the telephone

Been trying for 3 weeks to get through on the telephone but the line is either engaged or straight to voicemail. Left a lot of answer phone messages but no one has ever called me back. The letter I originally received from them stated they did not hear from me in 2 weeks then they will assume I do not want my appointment.... so even if I get through I think they will not book me in. Cossham Hospital if you cannot even answer a telephone call then I do not trust you with my health. Avoid this place.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 13 September 2016

Anonymous gave X-Ray at Cossham Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Shame

Lovely hospital and staff, what a shame whoever is in charge took the disastrous decision to hand the parking over to the same pirates as Southmead Hospital (or so I was told ). I had to pay the minimum charge of £3 for up to 2hrs when I went for an xray, was in and out within 20 minutes. All the streets surrounding were packed, and the hospial car parks almost empty. I hope the good reputation of Cosham doesn't suffer, but am not holding my breath. It is disgusting that mass profit takes presidence over peoples health & wellbeing, as those visiting any hospial tend to be sick, or visiting the sick.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 31 August 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Anonymous - Thank you for your kind comments about the hospital and staff. I was pleased to learn your x-ray was conducted so quickly.
Regrettably, the situation you describe whereby local streets were congested with no parking spaces available was having a direct impact on the hospital. The free parking was unsurprisingly very attractive and resulted in demand exceeding supply with the consequence that many patients and visitors were unable to park in the hospital grounds. Additionally, due to the local congestion, they were also unable to park close by. The need to introduce a parking charge was therefore forced upon the Trust, and as you observed, it was felt correct that the charges for the hospital should be aligned with those for Southmead.
The Trust does regret the need to introduce a charge, but this has had the desired result of ensuring places are now always available for the hospital users who require parking, and ensures patients are not concerned that they will be late for appointments or inconvenienced, by to park some distance from Cossham hospital.
I hope this explanation reassures you that the health and wellbeing of patients and visitors was an important consideration in the decision to introduce parking charges at Cossham. Please be assured I have passed your feedback about the level of charges to the relevant area of the hospital management team.
Kind Regards – Steve Sykes

Jordan gave Dermatology at Cossham Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Clinic Excellent

I visited the Dermatology Clinic within Cossham Hospital. I had a problem in that all over my forehead and scalp was very thick and unsightly scales (psoriasis) , there was also a red rash under the forehead scales, so was referred here by my GP. Once arrived I saw how tidy and well kept the ground of the hospital was, parking was very accessible. I was seen very quickly, I arrived extra early, and was also called in sooner than my scheduled appointment time. I was then seen by the doctor, who listened with care and compassion to my on-going problem, the doctor prescribed me three different items and these solved the problem 100%, I am ever so thankful to the dermatology clinic and have also passed my thanks to them individually. Also the staff within Cossham Hospital were extremely accommodating and helpful with any problems I had. Overall I was an extremely satisfied patient.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 05 September 2016

Cossham Hospital replied on 13 September 2016

Dear Jordan – thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the details of your experience of your care at Cossham hospital. I am pleased that you were able to park and therefore attend you appointment earlier than scheduled, and that the treatment prescribed was so successful in resolving your condition.
I have passed on your kind comments to the dermatology department so the staff involved can be made aware of your thanks.
Kind Regards – Steve Sykes