Royal Berkshire Hospital

0118 322 5111 London Road, Craven Road , Reading, Berkshire, RG1 5AN

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Children's audiology

Disgraceful service, he didn't even know why we were there, despite 2 urgent referrals from our gp surgery!
Not happy with the diagnosis I'm going for a second opinion.....

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 06 September 2018

We are sorry that you are unhappy with the service you received. In order for us to investigate what went wrong please could you contact our Patient Relations Department on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk to provide details of the appointment. Thank you.

Emma gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service

We visited the a&e department today with a suspected fractured ankle and were so impressed by the quality and efficiency of the staff! We were in and out within 40 minutes including x-rays! Every member of staff we spoke to or saw was friendly, helpful and clearly had their patients’ best interests at heart. Thank you so much for all the amazing work you do! I’ve never had such a positive hospital experience!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 01 September 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 10 September 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive comments about your recent visit to our Emergency Department. We are very pleased to hear how impressed you were with the service and how friendly all the staff were. Your review has been shared with the team who very much appreciate your feedback. We hope you are now recovering well at home.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Pathetic facilities for young patients

I attended the childrens A & E on Sunday night and was shocked by the appalling lack of empathy including rude receptionist, unhelpful staff, and poor recreation including lack of books and appropriate toys for older children (my sons were both 9 - 12 years). We finally found some good reading near the X-ray ward, but here also not enough seats to seat everybody and no idea of waiting times.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 10 September 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 12 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your recent visit to the Emergency Department. We are very sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you in more detail so we can try and improve the service we offer. If you would be happy to discuss this further please contact the Patient Relations Team on 0118 322 8338 or email talktous@royalberkshire.nhs.uk Thank you.

Ananda Dunn gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sent by GP with suspected quinsy

After seeing my GP with a severe sore throat I thought I would get some antibiotics and go home. Instead, my GP called RBS ENT Doctor and told me to go to RBH A@E. I arrived at 12pm saw the triage nurse 10 minutes later then was taken through had bloods removed and canular inserted. I was put on fluids and painkillers the saw the ENT doctor who tried to drain the abscess on my tonsil. Once done 2 lots of antibiotics where administered by iv. All of this brilliant treatment was delivered quickly and by very capable and caring professionals. I am always shocked at how much bad press the NHS receive, but I can only say how privileged I feel to have a huge amount of brilliant health professionals happy to help me when I need it. THAMK YOU EVERYONE

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 12 September 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 12 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent visit to the Emergency Department. We really appreciate such feedback and we will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team. We hope you are now recovering well at home.

Nigel Holmes gave Cardiology at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

RBH CCU Amazing staff almost want to go back in!

I wad admitted over the weekend and stayed for three days, all nurses were totally committed and amazing caring people.

There was one individual that I understand I can’t name on here, but she was the most professional and caring informative person I have ever seen in a working environmenT

My experience was extremely positive

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 13 September 2018

Dear Nigel
Thank you for the very positive review of your recent stay on the Cardiac Care Unit. It is great to hear that all the hard work by the team has been recognised. Your review has been shared with all the team. It would be great if you could contact the Ward Sister Jennifer Eley on 0118 322 6528 about the staff member with the most professional and caring attitude as we would love to be able to let them read your amazing feedback.
Darren McGregor
Lead Nurse Acute Medicine

Anonymous gave at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Long waiting

Despite my wife water broke 4 hrs @ hospital they can not transfer us from induction suite to delivery suite...just wanna ask if someone come when her waterbroke will the answer be same....staff are very nice And kind but service is shame....

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 28 August 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 05 September 2018

Thank you for posting a review. We are sorry to hear that your wife was delayed going to the Delivery Suite when her waters broke. Without knowing more details it is difficult to comment specifically. When women are in established labour we need to ensure we can provide them one to one care with a midwife. On some occasions, it is not possible for women to be transferred to the Delivery Suite immediately to be provided with this care. All cases are addressed individually and such situations where waters have broken and labour has not established, it is safe to remain in the Induction Suite, with the induction midwife overseeing the situation. If any changes happen whilst awaiting transfer to the Delivery Suite, the induction midwife will immediately escalate to the midwife in charge, to ensure the necessary steps are made. We are sorry if this was not explained to you. If you would like us to look into the issues further, please contact the Patient Relations Team on 0118 322 8338.

Peter gave Endoscopy at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I attended the RBH on a Saturday morning for a colonoscopy. I had been sent an excellent information pack prior to my appointment so I knew what preparation to do and what to expect. The staff were friendly and efficient, everything was explained to me and I had plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Private changing and same-sex waiting rooms were welcome. The procedure itself was performed expertly, with every stage being explained to me. The mug of tea and biscuit at the end was very welcome.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 August 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 07 August 2018

Dear Peter, many thanks for providing such complimentary feedback to the endoscopy team. Your comments will be shared with the wider team and will mean a lot to them. We hope you are fully recovered now and wish you well.

Billy Griffiths gave Orthopaedics at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding every time.

I have had a few experiences at the Royal Berks over the years, the most recent being this month - August. I have received excellent treatment on all occasions and each particular issue I have suffered has been resolved professionally and without any problems. Everyone involved in my care has been fantastic from the friendly and helpful nurses to the skilful surgical teams that have treated me.

Taking into account the limited resources the NHS has to deal with, lack of funding and an ever expanding population, I think they are at the top of their game considering. Thanks for all that I have received.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 07 August 2018

Dear Mr Griffiths
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the care you have received from our teams. It is always nice to be able to pass on recognition for the hard work that our teams do every day and especially great when the recognition comes from a patient. We do work really hard to ensure our care is of a high standard and so thank you again for taking the time out to share your experiences. We hope you are now firmly on the road to recovery.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic friendly and caring

Visited a&e and the the orthopaedic ward for surgery. All staff were friendly considerate and caring to not only me but the other patients within the ward.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 29 August 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on NHS Choices. Your positive comments are very much appreciate and will be passed onto the teams involved in your care. We hope you are now making a good recovery.

Dto reviewed Royal Berkshire Hospital

My elderly father in law had an initial appointment to help with his hearing. He was given a digital hearing aid .
Unfortunately he has had a recent stroke and has difficulty sometimes in understanding conversation.
This equipment was far too complicated and so I contacted audiology at Bracknell by email and on his second appointment yesterday a senior audiologist adjusted his aid and demonstrated in detail how to use it.
He is now using his aid and his life is so much better. This is entirely due to the professionalism and caring skills of the senior audiologist. Thank you so much.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 22 August 2018 using Care Opinion

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that your father-in-law had a positive experience of the Royal Berkshire Audiology Service.
It is always good to hear that we are delivering care tailored to an individual's needs and how this has brought direct benefits. We wish your father-in-law well and will share the lovely comments with all the team, including of course Lucy.
Thank you once again for taking the time to comment.
Rachel McCarthyHead of AudiologyRoyal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust