Royal Berkshire Hospital

0118 322 5111 London Road, Craven Road , Reading, Berkshire, RG1 5AN

Louis (Ted) Piker gave Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from Audiology

The care from Audiology at Berkshire Healthcare NHS has been excellent from the very start, which was in 2017. One example is my session on 5 April 2018 with the clinician. Great care was taken to understand my needs and very specific technology resources were pointed out to me. A whole range of matters were addressed in the session. On a previous session I mentioned that my tinnitus was worse at the end of the day when I was more tired. It was suggested that I tell my GP about this. As a result I was sent for a blood test, where it was identified that my gut is not absorbing Vitamin B12, so I am now on regular injections, which is making a real difference.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 06 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 10 April 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback of the Royal Berkshire Hospital Audiology Service (which is run by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust). We’re pleased to hear that you’ve experienced an excellent service across your visits and that we addressed your specific needs in a comprehensive way. The team are committed to providing the very best care and in going that extra mile so they will be delighted by this feedback.
It is good to see patients benefiting from the experience of the team – in picking up your subtle symptoms and suggesting a visit to the GP. We’re pleased to see that a diagnosis has been made and that you are doing well.
Thank you once again for your feedback.

Philip gave Endoscopy at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great care

On Wednesday this week I had to visit the Endoscopy department for test to help find the cause of my illness and would like to say a big thank you to every one in that department when my wife and I arrived we were met by a lovely lady on reception who treated both with great care something all the staff there did during our visit.
the department was easy to find and drop of and pick was very good.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 12 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 24 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review. The matron will ensure that all Endoscopy staff read your positive comments. We hope you are now fully recovered.

SallyKadir gave Gynaecology at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent from welcoming reception to friendy theatre staff.

I had a great experience, the receptionist is always so nice to everyone and makes you feel at home. Clean, quiet and bright ward with professional, friendly staff. The surgeon was approachable, and friendly, as was the anaesthetist. All staff at every stage of my stay were calming and professional.

You would not get better treatment in the private sector at all!

Thank you.

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 16 April 2018

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to let us know about your views of our service. We are very glad to know that your care was managed well. We will make sure that the team get to see your feedback - it will be appreciated.

Anonymous gave Endoscopy at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Felt like family

Had a colonoscopy treatment today and the whole procedure was very smooth and the staff were extremely friendly and caring. It almost felt like been treated at home by my own family. Extremely satisfied and humbled that my tax money spent for NHS is well spent and they deserve more.

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 24 April 2018

Thank you for submitting a review - the entire Endoscopy Team are delighted to hear that you were so well cared for throughout your procedure. We wish you a speedy recovery.

Claire gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you!

I was admitted to A&E on Monday 9th April, having never been admitted to hospital before it was a very scary experience. However, every single member of staff involved with my care was nothing short of outstanding (even the receptionist dealing with my husband whilst he awaited my arrival). The Doctor in A & E kept me informed throughout and constantly came back to check on me. He calmly explained every aspect of my treatment and answered all of my questions.
It was extremely reassuring to have had the same pair of doctors from admittance through to my discharge. I cannot thank either Doctor enough for their upmost professionalism, care and humour at a difficult and painful time! Thank you!

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 16 April 2018

Many thanks for the feedback on your recent visit. It is a pleasure to read such comments as we strive to ensure personal care is delivered. We will ensure your review is shared with the team.

Jeffrey Gibson gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A very great ' THANK YOU '

Having attended A & E a few times over the years, I have nothing but praise for everyone in this department. On this occasion being Thursday evening the 12th April I had fallen from a loft ladder, at my daughters in Wokingham. I was collected from Wokingham by ambulance after only 15 minutes or so after my wife had telephoned 999, how's that for service. The medics very quickly found I had a dislocated my right shoulder, given gas and air for the intense pain I was soon in the ambulance and on my way to Reading. The wait in A & E was under 30 minutes, once in the system my treatment was swift and left the hospital, with the shoulder back in its correct place in under three hours.....wonderful service.
I would like to thank all the staff from the bottom of my heart for their help on this occasion and the professionalism, care and consideration in which I was dealt with.
These dedicated individuals should be rewarded as a top priority in our Nation Health Service. Thank you all once again.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 14 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 16 April 2018

Many thanks for your feedback - it is a pleasure to read that we were successful in delivering the service we strive so hard to deliver. The matron will make sure the team see your review and we hope you are recovering well.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A fantastic team of caring midwives

Over Easter I went to the DAU with reduced movements and as I was already overdue, I was admitted to the Iffley ward for an induction. The team there were fantastic: positive, caring and always made time to answer questions and chat. One midwife in particular provided excellent guidance to help me start expressing colostrum. I stayed on the Iffley ward for 3 days and met a few of the midwives and can honestly say the level of care did not differ between them: they all do their job with the highest level of professionalism.
I had an emergency caesarean and despite the scary and traumatic experience, the surgeon and anaesthetists kept me calm and reassured. They explained everything properly and made sure I was always aware of what was going on. I could not have been in better hands and so grateful they delivered my baby safely.
I spent a few days on the Marsh ward for recovery and had a private room so my husband could stay with us. I would say this is essential following a caesarean as I could not easily get out of bed or lift by baby from the crib. I think the visiting rules for fathers should be relaxed for situations like this. The midwives and care assistants were again phenomenal. They responded to the call bell so quickly, helped with breastfeeding support day and night, and were very understanding of my pain and providing relief.
The midwifery unit has fantastic staff who are clearly very well trained and united team. I could not recommend RBH highly enough.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 17 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you so much for spending the time to provide this feedback. We are very proud of all our midwifery teams and Matron Sarah Bailey has ensured that your review was shared with them. Such feedback is always a boost to the team and so wonderful to hear how your care was exceptional in every area. We hope you are now recovering well and are enjoying life with your new baby.

Davina S gave Urology at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Urology dept - exceptional

I recently received treatment in the Urology department and I am very grateful to all the staff for their kindness, compassion and care. I was in great distress when I was admitted to RBH in March, however through the medical expertise, administered with respect and dignity, I am now starting my recovery in a much more comfortable position.

I stayed on the Sonning Ward before and after my first operation and the staff helped me through a lot of pain and anguish and ensured I as comfortable as I could be. I stayed on Hopkins Ward after my second operation and was extremely well looked after throughout the night following my operation - the nurse checked on me almost every hour and ensured I was making a good recovery. All concerns were addressed and I felt that the staff really cared about me.

The theatre staff, nurses, Doctors and Consultants who treated me were very thorough and kind - from calming me before my operation right through to giving advice for my recovery. I really can’t fault anything and I just feel quite lucky to have the Royal Berkshire so close to me.

Thank you!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 24 April 2018

We are very pleased to know that you received such good support and care when you needed it. The teams will be very pleased to read your lovely feedback so thank you for taking the trouble to share your experiences with us.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attendance at A&E

My son attended A&E yesterday and his care was excellent. He was treated with respect. The doctor and nurse he saw introduced themselves to him and talked through the what they would be doing.
The standard of cleanliness was noted when staff were seen to give a good clean of the equipment/beds between each patient.
The staff were friendly kind and compassionate.
My only one criticism was that the door was held open in triage and it was possible for those waiting to hear what was being said-personal information during assessments.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 23 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a positive review following your son’s visit to the Emergency Department. We very much appreciate hearing such comments and shall ensure they are shared with the team. We apologise for the fact that you felt personal information could be overheard from the triage room. The reason the door is left open to ensure access from a patient safety perspective. If the staff felt the conversation was of a very sensitive nature, they would close the door. Equally we are happy for patients to request that it is closed during their assessment.

Philip gave Accident and emergency services at Royal Berkshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

great staff

I have just had my 5th stay in the RBH due to an illness that is not keen to leave me but wanted to say a big thank you to every who is working so hard to make me well again.
The ambulance crews / A+E / and all the doctors and nurses on Trueta and Lister wards and even the hospital radio crew that have all played there part in my recovery

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 06 April 2018

Royal Berkshire Hospital replied on 10 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review for the Emergency Department and Trueta and Lister Wards. The matron will ensure your comments are passed onto the teams, who will be very pleased and grateful to receive them. We hope the illness you are suffering from ‘leaves’ you soon!