Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

0115 924 9924 Derby Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 2UH

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Visited urgently because of severe groin pain

My husband was suddenly overcome with severe groin pain whilst watching a football match. An ambulance was requested but were told it would take a long time to arrive because they were busy with life threatening cases. With the help of several strong men we managed to get him into a car and get him to hospital. He was seen almost immediately and because the pain had subsided were able to leave the hospital within an hour. Well done QMC and staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 02 October 2017

What lovely feedback and a great start to the new week – thank you! I’m pleased to hear your husband was seen so quickly and hope he is feeling better.

Best wishes to you both,

Jane Newton.

Matron, Emergency Department.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 5 stars

Incredible staff

My daughter was in ward E37 and I just want to thank all the team for being so caring and reassuring when taking care of my daughter. I was terrified and they were absolutely incredible. They listened to me whenever I had any concerns and they always kept me fully informed on anything relevant to her care. Everyone was so caring and attentive both to my daughter and to me. I am eternally grateful to you all, you do not get enough recognition. Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 05 October 2017

Thanks so much for writing in. I’m pleased you felt your daughter received good care. I’ve shared your feedback with the E37 team.
Kelly Atkins
Ward Manager, E37.

Lyn Jarrett Unit short stay overnight assesment

Just to feedback on the the excellent level of care and facilities on the Lyn Jarrett Unit. Pristine clean up-to-date facilities. Calming and extremely attentive staff. A model of excellence.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 06 October 2017

Thanks for your feedback. I have shared your kind words with the team.

Jane Newton, Matron, Lyn Jarrett Unit

Humble reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

My experience on the ward

I was admitted to ward B3 with a kidney infection...
All staff were absolutely wonderful
I was given great care and attention..
I thank aLL staff for how I was treated
They are all absolute angels
I am so so so much better..
Very lucky to have this service

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 11 October 2017

What lovely feedback, thank you for sharing. I’m pleased you felt so well cared for and that you’re feeling better. I’ve shared your thanks with the team.
Thanks again and best wishes,

Abigail Charles.
B3 Ward Manager.

All staff are absolutely wonderful

I was referred by my G.P after feeling VERY UNWELL. I can't thank ALL staff enough.
I was treated promptly with excellent, appropriate medicine.
All staff are absolutely wonderful THANKYOU for making me feel so much better in minutes after I arrived. ANGELS !!!!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Thank you for getting in touch. I’m pleased to read that staff were able to make you feel so much better so quickly. It would be great to share this directly with the staff who cared for you. Would you be happy to contact me directly to provide more information about your stay? You can reach me on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Sarah Kennedy.
Patient Experience Officer.

Shaun gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus a rating of 4 stars

Day case operation

Just got on C 24 for a day operation the ward was nice and clean the only downside I had to wait was that there was no nothing to watch or listen to while waiting for the operation which made the day go a little bit longer in my eyes as the wasn’t many on the ward to talk to even the nurses were good to talk to when the Come round wasn’t much reading material no one much talk in there either even if you have the radio in the background and make it a little bit better on the ward in my opinion or one tv just something to take your mind off waiting

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions. We currently have a day room for patients on the ward. I apologise if this wasn’t mentioned to you when you were in our care. Unfortunately, we are unable to have TVs in our area presently as there are no digital aerials to receive a signal. We will take your helpful comments on board and look in the meantime at purchasing magazines and radios for the ward going forward.

Best wishes,

Sue Mazengarb, Ward Sister.

Everyone involved in helping my Mum were great

My Mum had a nasty fall that needed stitches. She is mentally ill, and worries easily. Everyone who helped with the care, were great and helped us to keep laughing. I visited her at home this morning and apart from a nice shiner and stitches, she's doing very well.

Also, as I try not to make a habit of going to A&E, I got us lost a couple of times and staff members going about their own work stopped and asked if we were ok and helped to direct us to the right places. I loved how they were obviously busy, but not too busy to help someone who wasn't even their own patient. Thank you so much!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. It’s good to hear our staff were so helpful and that your mother is doing well. I’ve shared your feedback with the team in our Emergency Department.

Jane Newton, Matron.

Mono reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

the high level of care and attention given to my father

My father was admitted following falling ill with a chest infection.He was very poorly.
What helped was to see the high level of care and attention given to my father. In terms of his care from what he would like to eat how he likes things doing .moisturising his skin.
They asked questions all the time about what he was like before being admitted and they listened and acted. I felt the staff showed great humility in their ways by doing this. This is why I value so much the nurses as a profession
This has given so much comfort to me and my family and friends.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for getting in touch to share information about your father’s care. I’m pleased that your father received such good care and that his individual needs were met knowing the difference this makes to patients (and, as you say, to family and friends as well).

I would like to be able to share your message with the staff who provided this care. Would you be able to contact our patient experience team to let them know which ward your father was staying on so we can do so? You can reach them on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again. Best wishes to you and your father.

Helen Gregory.

Matron, Respiratory.

Ironmaiden reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Patient discharge

My father was on ward F20 at the qmc for a week he was looked after quite well until the day he was told he could go home. My mother had a call saying he would be home sometime that day and that hospital transport would take him home.
Mum phoned them a couple of times they said hes ready just waiting fot the transport as they was very busy which i can appreciate the ward called around 9 45 and said no transport available so they was putting him im a taxi 10 o clock the taxi arrived outside my father had no trousers on nothing on his feet just had a shirt on.
I could of understood if he had not got his trousers but they were in his bag which the nurses must have seen to put other stuff in baring in mind they had all day to help him get dressed so he then had to walk up the path with a frame in the dark with nothing on hid feet the taxi driver did help him inside as he had cellulitis on both legs i found this most unacceptable

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 18 October 2017

I am sorry for what happened to your father on the day of discharge. This shouldn’t have happened. As a team we should have been better organised in planning your father’s discharge, including booking transport a day before discharge and ensuring he was wearing appropriate clothing on the day of discharge to protect his dignity.

As the leader of the ward I take your concern very seriously. I will discuss this to my team and ensure that this kind of incident isn’t repeated for future patients. If a conversation would be helpful, my number is 0115 924 9924 ext. 69020.

Ricky Banzon.

Ward Manager, F20.

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus

Empathy

I have visited the fracture clinic twice now and both times left feeling almost dismissed by the doctor. I don't think they fully understand how difficult it is for patients just to turn up on time for their appointments. I'm in a lot of pain, not sleeping and just to get up, get washed and dressed is a major achievement at the moment. Add to that the travel to the clinic and I'm absolutely shattered. Then to be kept waiting and shuffled from one waiting area to another only to be left feeling like a stupid child is not acceptable. What choice do we have? Please remember dear doctor - we are in pain, we may be scared and although you come in and give us your name you are not seeing the person behind the injury

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust - Queen's Medical Centre Campus replied on 20 October 2017

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience in our care. I would like to discuss further with you. Please make contact with me if you wish to do so on: 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 alternatively email: QMCPET@nuh.nhs.uk so that I can look into this for you.

Ashley Rolfe, Patient Experience Officer.