BMI Woodlands Hospital

01325 341700 Morton Park , Darlington, Durham, DL1 4PL

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 3 stars

2nd visit very.average

First visit felt like part of a production line...one in one out. Doctor didnt explain anything that could go wrong or when I read my notes that a worst scenerio was need a blood transfusion. But procedure was comfy enough. Staff were attentive even though they got my sandwich wrong. Not a bad first time.

Second visit I was dreading the procedure a gastroscopy. Again nothing was talked through with me and everyone I.spoke too that had the procedure said your throat gets numbed so you dont feel anything
Not at the Woodlands you may be sedated but you feel everything. It was a horrible experience. The staff were not prepped with everything needed during the procedure, nursing staff didnt know which procedure I was having at the start. You are offered tea n toast. Who can eat toast with a throat like razorblades?

Far from.the best experience I have had.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

bolton gave General Surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant staff

I was at BMI today and the staff and rooms are by none the best I have ever seen for a hospital would recommend any one to come here thanks’ for a wonderful stay

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Anonymous gave BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Unorganized

I payed a fee and went for a consultation for cosmetic surgery around 2 and a half months ago. Firstly when I arrived, I found they had me booked in for a consultation about the complete wrong surgery. Then I found out the surgeon I was seeing did not actually perform the operation I wanted, not a mistake on their part but of the hospital.

They told me i could recieve a refund, so i left and then contacted them for a refund of the payment, which was given. A short while later they started sending me regular letters asking to pay for my "debt". I've rung them multiple times and they say it's sorted, but today they've sent me a letter saying it's my final notice to pay the debt or I'll be handed over to a debt collector.

I would not trust this hospital at all with my health.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

BMI Woodlands Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed!

I was at the hospital for an investigation as part of NHS Choose and Book. Very short waiting time to the consultation, procedure and follow up (to come). Excellent service by all staff seen (from catering to the consultant). Very clean and a calm, pleasant atmosphere due to, I'd suggest, not trying to 'cram' people in. I was also called the day before to update me on the time to arrive meaning that whilst I had a wait, it was in my opinion reasonable (1 - 1 1/2 hrs). In addition, post procedure there was no sense of wanting you out or just being 'a number'.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Vasectomy reversal

My partner had a vasectomy reversal and the care leading up to the operation was fine and no complaints about op , it was the so called care after.

I had sat from 7.30am till 4pm without even an offer of a drink and when asked all they did was bring an extra cup with my partners tea ! So we both had half a pot of tea , considering we were in a private hospital paying thousands for the op i thought this was a bit mean.

When discharged we were told nothing on his aftercare and had two nurses telling us contradicting things which was very confusing, he was given one pair of support underwear which he has to keep on for 2 weeks with one nurse telling us to bin them before we left. He was told he could go in the bath the day after his op , he rang today to double check and was told not to bath for two weeks.

I expected more from a private hospital which was costing us thousands.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 23 April 2017

D M Russell gave General Surgery at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery.

Hip replacement surgery nervous of having the procedure done. But once in the hospital the staff were exceptional, talked procedure through with myself throughly.
Nursing staff exceptional. Nothing was too much for them to do, even the smallest thing.
This hospital is excellent in every way.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 10 March 2017

Janice Caton gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A most caring hospital

Having spent three days at the BMI Woodlands Hospital Darlington, for a total knee replacement operation, I am very impressed with the whole set-up at Woodlands.

The entire staff, from surgeon to cleaner were friendly and assiduously polite and helpful, always a smile.

I feel very privileged to have had my operation carried out in such a caring hospital.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital

Faultless Care

Attended BMI Woodlands for my second knee surgery on 07/02/2016. The staff are amazing; from the surgeons and nurses, physiotherapists and receptionists, cleaners and matrons; nothing is too much trouble.
All of the staff made sure I felt very welcome and comfortable on both occasions. The staff are very attentive, especially in relation to pain management and ensuring I was safe when getting back on to my feet. They offer very supportive and dignified care - making recovery so much less stressful.
The facilities are spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable, and the food is lovely. Visitors are also made to feel very welcome.
I cannot fault this hospital at all, would definitely recommend!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

BMI Woodlands Hospital has not yet replied.

christine ainscough gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

How can you improve on perfection

I am currently in this hospital after Knee replacement. the quality of care I am receiving has surpassed my expectations totally. The staff are fantastic the place is spotless. I am so glas I chose this hospital. It's brilliant!!!!!!.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 January 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at BMI Woodlands Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Total Hip Replacement

I went into the Woodlands for a Total Hip Replacement, at the age of 59 and never been in hospital before I was understandably apprehensive! However I need not have worried, the treatment and care delivered was excellent, the whole team from the surgeon, theatre staff, nurses, physiotherapists and ancillary staff were pleasant, friendly and caring.The meals were very good. The only concerns I would like to express are; first day after operation I was given a bowl to wash and told to ring the bell if I needed a hand, I wasn't really sure how much I was expected to do and struggled to put my pyjamas on and felt like I shouldn't really ring the bell and bother the busy staff, washing and moving was made more difficult as I still had my cannula, wound drain and catheter in. The other major concern is the height of the toilet and the raised toilet seat were not conjusive to getting on and off and sitting comfortably. The design of the toilet seat raiser leaves a lot to be desired, I am of slim build and the aperture in the seat makes elimination very difficult, perhaps this could be a project for a design team to make an improved product? These are just minor comments and on the whole I was very pleased with the whole experience. Thankyou !

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 17 January 2017