Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

197 total | 3 found in Haematology Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 33

My father was an inpatient on ward 33 for two weeks. Unfortunately he lost his battle and died 28th january. The care he got was outstanding. We lived an hour away but my mother was allowed to stay by his side for the 2 weeks. They had been together for 60yrs and never been apart. Being a nurse I got such comfort in being allowed to perform personal care to my dad. The day before he died I gave him a lovely wash and shave and I also got comfort that he felt safe when I was there.
My mother witnessed the staff having to work under immense pressure due to staffing levels but there was always a smile and compassion and empathy. I wish more families would get involved in caring for their loved ones in hospital as it eased the trauma of losing a loved one as we knew we was with my father when he was at his most vulnerable and we were able to give that little extra that all nurses wished they could do but unfortunately due to staffing levels we can't. . We cannot thank all the staff enough fir their dedication. They are an assest to castle hill. Thank you

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 05 February 2018

Anonymous gave Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Re: Haematology - Whilst waiting for an outpatient appointment with my son in Queens Centre, I thought I would leave a review on our family's experiences. ALL the staff we have dealt with have been brilliant, involving the patient in all decisions and explaining everything to the family. As both inpatient (on ward 33) and outpatient he has experienced very good service and very good standard of care. He has had to wait for extended periods of time in outpatients, sometimes 90 minutes for an appointment, but he knows that he won't be rushed when it's his turn. The staff on the ward and in outpatients have a balance of humour and being serious and are always professional. When we have heard patients complaining, the staff have dealt with them courteously. All in all, making one part of having leukaemia easier to deal with.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Scott Clark gave Haematology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

They've never failed me

I've been a patient now for 5 years. Frost admitted to ears 33 in 2012 and was there 9 months. And then as a pit patentits for check ups, bone marrow biopsy. Every single member of the teams have been brilliant. From the ward. To the support team. I can't fault them.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 07 July 2017