Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

I spent one night in Castle Hill in 2008 and was very impressed with everything apart from the vegan catering, which was nonexistent despite my warning the staff in advance. I have just spent 3 nights there and the vegan catering is amazing. I struggled to choose at each meal as I am not used to choice and each one was delicious. My only complaint is, the meals were too big!

Staying there for 3 days now I had a better chance to see what was happening and I was extremely impressed by the amount of cleaning that went on and the number of hot drinks that were offered to us. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and patient with patients, no matter how difficult they were.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

bigboyace reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

refused total hip replacement

In Feb this year 2017 I had one of 2 total hip replacements on my left side, after years of pain I was at last starting to get something done. I was also told in Feb I won’t be waiting long for the other one to be replaced.
I got a letter in July telling me to go to Castle Hill Hospital Hull in Aug 2017 for a pre-assessment, things were looking up. Ha! So, I rang the hospital 4 weeks later, just in case I’d missed a letter for the operation and was told the consultant has been on sick so operations had been set back, the receptionist also said I was 5th on the list and it would be about a month.
The other day I rang again only to be told, I have referred back to my doctor because I don’t meet their criteria my bmi was too high.
My point is how different can my bmi have been in Feb when I had my first hip done? I am unable to exercise or return to work due to the pain. I am in my 60s and unable to pay to go private

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Really Really not happy :( :(

I'm really not happy with the hospital.
I got to the ward I was supposed to be on to be told There's no beds.
They didn't know how long is be waiting. Also the staff have really bad altitudes.
What made it worse is I'm from West Yorkshire. I really didn't like the staff there co-operation.
I was supposed to be admitted at 4pm. I always thought that if your admitted at a certain time. You got a bed at that time.
Also after arriving there I was viontley sick, the staff was trying to pressure me in to stopping.
They didn't know what big I was carrying. They should have been shoving me out the door.
Not impressed at all. :( :(

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Charles Cliff gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Day surgery

After two cancelled operations finally got to have my op on my hand. What can I say, friendly informative staff who looked after me from start to finish could not have been a better role model for this department. The care and attention was excellent and I would like to say thank you to everyone to worked and looked after me today.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Kevin gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Cardiologists Saved my life

Thursday 17 Aug 2017 is etched on my memory forever. I suffered a heart attack at approximately 1400. Keeping fit is my passion, so to have a heart attack was a real shock.

The Paramedics were quick to react and they blue-lighted me to Castle Hill (from Grimsby) and I am so eternally grateful that they did. Upon arrival I was whisked to the Cath lab where the surgeons carried out their miraculous work and saved my life.

From there I was taken to Ward 28 CMU where I was looked after by a wide range of medical and support staff.

From my arrival to my departure, on Sunday, I was looked after so well. Everyone was friendly, caring and compassionate. The wards were spotless, the beds comfortable, and nothing was too much trouble. And the food, oh my goodness, the choice of food was incredible and the quality and taste was spot on.

Every question I had was answered clearly. All the team were empathetic, regardless of their role.

Whilst I wish I had not had a reason to visit hospital, I am so glad it was Castle Hill Hospital that I ended up in. I will always be indebted to the medical team who saved my life. I have another chance at life, one that could have easily escaped me had I not been under the care of Castle Hill.

Thank you so much.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Natalie Moxham gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Aortic valve replacement and root graft

Admitted to ward 27 Castle Hill 2nd August 2017 for AVR and graft. After surgery/ICU, returned to ward 26 HOB which was all men other than me but quickly put in a side room once one available and fit to move. ALL staff involved in my care were brilliant could not fault them at all, the ward was kept immaculate even visitors commented on how the cleaners were constantly cleaning.

Although I had some hiccups prior to surgery regarding admission and the waiting list is extensive, I am glad that I stayed with Castle Hill as my surgeon and their team were brilliant and cannot thank them enough.

After such major surgery I was home on day 6 on paracetamol pain relief and day ten out enjoying the sunshine at the nearest beach.

18 days post op now and energy improving everyday I just want to say a massive thank you to all involved and although I've some way to go yet and have to get used to being on Warfarin, support has already been put n place with the cardiac rehab nurses to discuss concerns and road to recovery.

Thank you to the consultant and all the team.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Ian jones gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Castle hill cmu

I was blue lighted here from Grimsby and have to say this place is fantastic from start to finish this place knows how to look after you you couldn't wish to be in better hands a special mention should go to my nurses

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Rae Gray gave Plastic surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

They ignored my advice on my care,

I came in for a large skin graft over allergic reaction due to tattoo. I also have Fibromyalgia and extreme needle phobia. They allowed hubby in for putting me under which is great, but not one of the 5 separate mentions, at least 2 were noted on paper, about the essential warming I need, immediately after surgery, were actioned and therefore I got cold after surgery . Ok, so it only causes me pain, it's not exactly life threatening, but the pain lasts several days. With the pain coming from 2 other sites, fibro cold shock pain was just great. They got on it quite quickly after I told the recovery nurse, but the pain had already started. I just feel hurt and ignored. Sorry, but I'm more important than that. I deserve to.be heard over such a simple, ignored, request.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

Castle Hill Hospital has not yet replied.

Claire Towse gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care, made me feel at ease, couldn't fault in any

Staff so caring. Any questions I asked were answered, all staff were polite and reassuring. Surgeon was amazing. Can't fault whatsoever, lovely clean room, shame people have felt the need to steal remotes!! Keep up the good work x

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

No examination so no action and no diagnosis!

Partner referred from GP for biopsy after eleven months of ineffective treatment - biopsy not taken as was told the result would be normal skin. Partner only said the next day in passing that the consultant didn't carry out an examination so was only looking at undamaged skin on top of foot. The underneath of the foot behind the toes and in between the toes is the problematic area but wasn't looked at and patient didn't even question the consultant presuming they knew what they were doing! How can they if they don't get the patient up on a bed and do a proper examination? I am upset that still no answers for treatment have been found and angry that I wasted a day off work and wasted two hours travelling, plus toll bridge fees because we were told that another driver would be needed after a biopsy. Sleepless nights of burning continue. What should we do next please?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017