Castle Hill Hospital

01482 875875 Castle Road , Cottingham, HU16 5JQ

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Nightmare parking

The parking situation at the hospital is chaotic, stressing and absolutely unbelievable, patients receiving parking tickets because in desperation they have to park anywhere to be able to attend on time, its disgusting

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Patients partner

I would like to say a massive thank you to all the team working who worked from the early hours of the 22nd of October 2017. The Dr - you have given me my cantankerous other half back. Unfortunately I don't know the surname of one member of staff, but you settled my mind and you made me laugh. Thank You All for the amazing job you do.

Yours sincerely,

Emma.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 November 2017

Archie's Mum reviewed Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital

Felt really well taken care of

I had a knee replacement operation on October 2nd. Had a lovely anaesthetist and team and we chatted before I fell asleep. When I came around I had my own recovery nurse who checked my heart, bloods etc constantly.

The ward was well staffed with auxiliary staff and they were constantly about checking on us and bringing us food. I had complained when I was last there in 2008 that there were no vegan options and this time I was bowled over with the vegan choice.

There were two different people constantly cleaning. One was a general cleaner and the other was cleaning the medical equipment.

Sadly the staff nurses seemed overworked but were usually pleasant.

I did stress out a bit about getting home to my 6 dogs and 7 cats, but if I hadn't pets at home I wold have relaxed more and enjoyed being taken care of.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Shelagh gave Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bedside vigil for my sister who died on 30th October

It is a sad reality that I have been present at the death bed of too many loved ones in recent years. The care and attention that was afforded my sister and her family on Ward 31 of the Queen’s Centre was truly outstanding and surpassed anything I have previously experienced. The environment is impressive being spacious, clean, calm and welcoming. Despite my sister’s lack of response staff spoke to her, explained their procedures and showed true respect. They listened attentively when I acted as my sister’s advocate about her position in the bed. The Macmillan Nurse, was wonderful. I told all staff that I encountered at the time how impressed I was with the service they were offering. Truly amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

David Shaw gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Overwhelmed by the care and dedication by all staff. Ward 9

I can not thank the staff enough for the care I recieved following my total knee replacement on the 21st October 2017. The team work between all members of staff, either contract or Health care professionals was exellent. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them from fresh water to additional pain relief. The laughter and appropriate banter between colleague was great and helped lift the spirits of the patients, which goes a long way to helping recovery.
The 4 bed rooms allow personal space but sufficient patient to patient interaction to maintain social contact.
The ward cleanliness, maintained by the contract cleaners was exellent and it was pleasing to see that the cleaning contact supervisors carried out a detailed check of the work done.
During the operation the theater staff again could not have been more professional and reassuring and even though there are some disturbing sounds I remained absolutely pain free, listened to my i pod and discussed guitar lessons, not a bad outcome really for quite a big operation. In summary, my faith in the staff within this great Heath Care Service is confirmed especially those on Ward 9. I would be more than willing to be contacted to discuss this review further.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 26 October 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very impressed

I spent one night in Castle Hill in 2008 and was very impressed with everything apart from the vegan catering, which was nonexistent despite my warning the staff in advance. I have just spent 3 nights there and the vegan catering is amazing. I struggled to choose at each meal as I am not used to choice and each one was delicious. My only complaint is, the meals were too big!

Staying there for 3 days now I had a better chance to see what was happening and I was extremely impressed by the amount of cleaning that went on and the number of hot drinks that were offered to us. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and patient with patients, no matter how difficult they were.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

bigboyace reviewed Castle Hill Hospital

refused total hip replacement

In Feb this year 2017 I had one of 2 total hip replacements on my left side, after years of pain I was at last starting to get something done. I was also told in Feb I won’t be waiting long for the other one to be replaced.
I got a letter in July telling me to go to Castle Hill Hospital Hull in Aug 2017 for a pre-assessment, things were looking up. Ha! So, I rang the hospital 4 weeks later, just in case I’d missed a letter for the operation and was told the consultant has been on sick so operations had been set back, the receptionist also said I was 5th on the list and it would be about a month.
The other day I rang again only to be told, I have referred back to my doctor because I don’t meet their criteria my bmi was too high.
My point is how different can my bmi have been in Feb when I had my first hip done? I am unable to exercise or return to work due to the pain. I am in my 60s and unable to pay to go private

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Really Really not happy :( :(

I'm really not happy with the hospital.
I got to the ward I was supposed to be on to be told There's no beds.
They didn't know how long is be waiting. Also the staff have really bad altitudes.
What made it worse is I'm from West Yorkshire. I really didn't like the staff there co-operation.
I was supposed to be admitted at 4pm. I always thought that if your admitted at a certain time. You got a bed at that time.
Also after arriving there I was viontley sick, the staff was trying to pressure me in to stopping.
They didn't know what big I was carrying. They should have been shoving me out the door.
Not impressed at all. :( :(

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

GHudsong gave Orthopaedics at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 5 stars

PARKING

Could not fault the service, but being disabled i could not find any blue badge parking? It would be helpful if the parking arrangements were better advertised as I got so confused and panicky when trying to find a parking spot. Why cants the disabled parking be sign posted? so the we have some idea where we are supposed to go?

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 November 2017

Charles Cliff gave General Surgery at Castle Hill Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Day surgery

After two cancelled operations finally got to have my op on my hand. What can I say, friendly informative staff who looked after me from start to finish could not have been a better role model for this department. The care and attention was excellent and I would like to say thank you to everyone to worked and looked after me today.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017