Duchy Hospital

01872 226115 Penventinnie Lane , Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3UP

Keith gave General Surgery at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

EXCELLENT

First class from entering to leaving. my thanks to all the staff. Would highly recommend to family and friends.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 05 January 2019

Duchy Hospital replied on 08 January 2019

Thank you!

I will be sure to pass on your thanks.

Nigel stephens gave General Surgery at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology

I just couldn't thank every one enough everything was excelent

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 15 December 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 31 December 2018

Many thanks for your lovely comments, which I have passed onto the team.

Very best wishes

Chris Gendall
Hospital Director

Jill gave Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cystoscopy

I cannot praise the staff who looked after me enough. I was the last patient of the day, but each person was empathetic and so friendly, they all put me at ease immediately. Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 27 November 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 08 December 2018

Many thanks for your kind words, I will pass these onto the team.

Elizabeth Higgins gave at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent knee replacement surgery

Having recently undergone a total left knee replacement as part if the N. H. S. at the Duchy hospital words cannot express my gratitude for the care i received whilst an inpatient. All the staff i came into contact with were amazing. I am so grateful to my brilliant Surgeon and his team to be able to do all the things I was unable to do before. Absolutely "life changing" thank you so much everyone. I would not hesitate to recommend this hospital to friends a and family l.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 25 November 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 03 December 2018

I am delighted to receive your lovely feedback and I will be sure to pass this onto our staff and the surgical teams.

I trust that you are recovering well and I wish you the very best for the future.

john mulvany gave Duchy Hospital a rating of 1 stars

bad experience

Can't comment on any qualities of the hospital as I didn't get that far, but as someone who was telephoning to discuss treatment I was put into a telephone loop and whilst awaiting the call was terminated as despite trying several calls I failed to speak to anyone leaving me feeling very angry.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 01 September 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 03 December 2018

Please accept my apologies, the NHS Choices system has just sent this alert.

I am disappointed to read that you had trouble accessing our services, I do know that at this time we had several issues with our phone system which might have caused this.

I would be keen to speak to you about this, so please feel free to call me at your convenience.

Harold Woan gave General Surgery at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dupuytren's Fasciecotomy procedure

Attended by appointment at Duchy, Truro for hand operation.
Reception were helpful and polite.
Nursing staff from scrub nurse who collected me from waiting area to consultant and his assistant were brilliant. Everything was explained to me as to the procedure to be carried out.
During the procedure I was constantly asked as to how I was and if any discomfort was experienced.
The operation was successful and I was escorted to a waiting room for tea and biscuits followed by briefing from Staff Nurse as to after care instructions.
Everyone involved in the procedures were polite, helpful and treated me with dignity and respect. (I am 75 years of age and these things are important to me.)
THANKYOU once again Duchy.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 August 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 07 August 2018

Many thanks for your kind words, I have shared these with the team.

I trust that you are recovering well.

Chris Gendall - General Manager

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Duchy Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Reception

I had a post op appointment to see my surgeon which was fine.

I was greeted at Reception with the comment, 'You all right there?' Hardly professional.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 20 July 2018

Good morning

I am sorry to hear this and I will be speaking to our reception manager to investigate. This is not in keeping with the experience that our patients usually experience, but please be assured this will be looked into.

Chris Gendall - General Manager

Cliff Tancock gave at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Implanting of pacemaker

Implanting of pacemaker. I found the Duchy Hospital, friendly, clean and of a calming presence, all staff, from entering at reception, the nurses on the ward, kitchen staff, the team in the chatheter lab and or course the all important Doctor, who conducted the implantation were of exceptional expertise in their own field of work and I thank them for their valuable time,patience and friendliness. I consider myself lucky to have been treated at this hospital.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 16 June 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 18 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words and feedback on your procedure with us.

We are always delighted to hear how patients rate our care and I have passed your message onto the team.

I trust that your recovery is going well.

Nikitas Colin Lantsb gave at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Coronary Angiogram (Arm)

Excellent service from reception to procedure and discharge. All staff attentive, answering any question put to them. Nothing to fault.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words, I always like to share these with the team.

I wish you the very best for the future.

Brigid Branney gave at Duchy Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant care

I elected to go to The Duchy hospital for knee replacement surgery and I couldn’t have made a better decision. Staff were absolutely fantastic and the hospital was so clean
All the staff seemed to be really happy in their jobs in all aspects of the hospital and the customer service was second to none. The food was absolutely fabulous - really fresh, well cooked and presented.
I wouldn’t hesitate to go here again

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Duchy Hospital replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely message, I have today shared this with the team.

We have a great team here and it makes me so proud to receive such wonderful comments.

I trust your recovery is going well.