Chesterfield Royal Hospital

01246 277271 Calow, Top Road , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 5BL

Anonymous gave Breast cancer services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Breast clinic staff

I want to say thank-you to the excellent staff and service they gave me today from arrival to consultation mammogram and finally ultrasound I had. The staff kept me informed were attentive and caring. We should commend our NHS trust for the amazing job they do.
Thank-you for helping me.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Helen Chappell gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment in the maxillofacial unit

I visited the hospital this morning for a check up in the maxillofacial unit.
The staff were pleasant and the consultant I saw couldn't have been more helpful.
Thank you to them all.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Amy gave Maternity services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Womans Health Unit

I would like to thank you to the amazing team on the Womans Health Unit (13.11.17). It was a hard day for me but when i arrived on the Unit the staff was welcoming and friendly always there to talk if you need them, they made me feel safe and secure. Despite them being short staffed they was on top of everything and pushed theirselves to the limits to help not just me but others. The aftercare was to top standards giving me the relevent information and advice i needed after my surgery.
They are an excelent team and i think they need to be recognised for their hard work day in and day out. I never knew this Unit existed till my appointment.
Thank you once again to an excelent team

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Katy gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and e

my ten month old son has just been treated in a and e this week early hrs of mon morn with a fever that would not come down following a operation at a different Sheffield hospital who discharged him when he wasn't right, I took him to chesterfield royal where the a and e staff was increadble took bloods in immediately and got fluid into him as he wouldn't eat or drink I wish I knew the doctors names, I wish I'd gotten there names as I feel I want to pass on my thanks who acted so fast, also the staff nurse I think who helped care for him and even the lovely assistant who had made me some toast as I'm six month pregnant and was so tired, they discovered that he needed antibiotics and he I feel like I took him there and asap they got everything in place I can't praise the doctors in a and e enough, we was then admitted to nitingale ward can I give a special mention to the doctor who got everything in place and this doctor is a absolute credit to your hospital I've never met such a professional doctor who gets on with plans and listens to parents too, I've had them with my other son who has autism and have always been extremely impressed with them, this doctor is a pedictric mastermind haha that's how I can only discribe them

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Coquitto gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A forced ingress and egress problem

After courteous and professionally being assessed and x rayed in that department, prior to future admission, trying to exit the Hospital grounds became an horrendous experience. You have allowed parking on double lines opposite the Scarsdale maternity Wing effectively making the road a one way system, yes, i know there are major works in progress at the A @ E entrance, but that space was never a public parking area anyway!!Could not a one way system be devised for an interim period coming in at the main entrance driveway and going all the way round the back of the hospital to alleviate this lax and potentially dangerous situation.Double lines are not for parking on. Ambulances were caught in this traffic jam as well as Diabetic patients , like myself, whose medication was imminent, the problem here are the idiots who park in that area , a quiet word for sensibility please ,Thankyou

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 22 November 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Stephen Smedley gave Neurology at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Dismissed by neurology consultant

I had waited 6 months for a neurology appointment and when eventually seen both my wife and I were appalled by the dismissive attitude of the neurology specialist. Despite worsening symptoms and pain since the initial consultation was requested no help or advice was given as to how to relieve or manage this. A very brief physical exam was undertaken but the questions we asked seemed to be more of an annoyance to the doctor than reasonable attempts to get some answers and advice from them.
I strongly suspect that the doctor was annoyed at the fact that I had, in the interim since being referred for a neurology appointment, paid to see a doctor privately at Claremont hospital to try to get some help for symptom relief at least. The doctor here did seem to think that I was in need of further examination and, after my GP agreed to my seeking this help, I was scheduled in for tests including a nerve conduction study / EMG.
When the neurology doctor saw that this had been arranged they then appeared unwilling to accept any questions and/or offer further assistance and actually stated "if they has arranged it then let them pay for it" - this is an actual word for word quote and upon receiving this I decided there was no point in seeking any further assistance.
I was made to feel like some sort of paranoid time waster and, despite flagging up a number of 'red flag' symptoms, I left the hospital feeling totally disillusioned.
Please believe me when I say this isn't simply a moan about the doctor not agreeing with me in what I asked for but the offhand way I was dealt with and the total lack of advice on how to relieve any of my symptoms.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

pvernall gave Ophthalmology at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good service once again.

I visited the eye department this morning for the fourth time. Once again I was treated with dignity and respect by all the nurses that I saw. The reception staff were also very cheery and helpful. I saw a doctor that I hadn't seen before and they had so much time for me and was so reassuring. I cannot praise this department enough. They are so efficient and nice. They all seem to be so cheery. ( I am sure they have bad days like us all) but if they do you would never know. I haven't got to have another appointment for nine months instead of six which is always good news. Please keep up the good work and thank you once more.

Pat Vernall

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Peter Pettit gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in Audiology

I visited the Audiology Department this morning. An early appointment meant that I was seen very punctually. The audiologist went about their work in a thoroughly professional and personable way. They took great care to set out what would happen next vis a vis treatment. This was my first contact with the Audiology department at the Royal and I left feeling very satisfied with the outcome.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

DKC gave Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Edoscopony,, (not sure if spelt right?)

Had to return to hospital this week to have 2nd Colonoscopy procedure carried out (had first one last year)
I cannot give enough praise to all the nurses/admin people involved in this treatment, from the minute I checked in everyone was so polite and caring.

I would like to give a special mention to the nurse involved in the gas/air part of it, obviously some parts of the procedure can be a little painful but the nurse was there holding my hand at the first sign of discomfort.

This department is full of Florence Nightingales...AAA+

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Mark Ferrill gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A lovely hospital.

This is a lovely hospital to come too. The staff are friendly and helpful. The wards, corridors and facilities are very clean and level of care is exceptional. I have visited the hospital a fair bit over the last few weeks and I have always found the wards easy to find. But if I couldn't find where I wanted to be, there was someone that was very willing to show me where to go. The nurses and doctors took very good care of my partner and were always happy to answer any questions that I had.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017