Chesterfield Royal Hospital

01246 277271 Calow, Top Road , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 5BL

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Our Wonderful NHS

My mum is currently an in-patient at this Hospital and I would just like to express my thanks to all the staff in A&E who received her by Ambulance yesterday and treated her thoroughly and promptly with such skill and professionalism. It was an absolutely superb experience and surely evidence of how much we all rely on this amazing service in our hour of crisis.
A fantastic response from a clearly dedicated and well skilled team of staff
Our very grateful thanks to you all

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 08 February 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Poor treatment on my son

Came to ent for the third time, to be then waiting for over an hour after the time of appointment to get into consultation room and the doctor is clock watching because apparently she finished at 4pm on the dot and wanted to go home. Baring in mind my son didn't get called into the room until 3.50pm, my son was pretrfied of having to have his nose Coulterised again for the third time and the doctor could see this but instead kept telling him she finished at 4pm and needed to hurry up and that she had 5 yr old girls who wouldn't cry at having what he a had done I find it appalling that this doctor was rushing us so she could get out on time and yet she wasn't the doctor we was ment to see.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Jill Sloane gave General Medicine at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hollywell Ward and Colorectal Surgery - Wonderful NHS!

I have been into this ward and for surgery as a day patient 3 times in the past year.
I am a very anxious patient, particularly as this is the sixth operation for a difficult condition to get rid of, though a minor condition.

As I was very nervous it helped me to have everything explained and communicated to me well by all parties involved in my care; the anesthetists, nurses and surgeon.

All staff were helpful and friendly and attentive and the surgeon was very helpful in answering my questions and giving me information before and after my surgery.

With the time pressures staff are under it is easy to see how this important communication is often missed. So just to let you know you are all appreciated! We are so lucky to have you working for the NHS! (And that cup of tea and toast was the best I've ever tasted!)

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Paul frith gave Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Nightmare

I've been visiting a friend as he's been in a while can see problems, dirty sink trays from dinner on sink blood on sheets why do you have to say something before its done. Bring back matron u too much talking among themselves what happened to dettol and proper elbow grease it's all about money again get rid of some of these management staff bring back some old fashioned values no wonder we have super bugs!! I

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent department

Attended at the respiratory clinic recently and as always was treated with respect and dignity. The doctor is fantastic - very thorough, explains and discusses everything with you, nothing is rushed. 5* care and treatment.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Poor communication!

I was seen quickly in Accident and Emergency! I was assessed quickly! However basic needs were not met! No communication throughout the process as to what and why things were happening to me. Nor was I offered food or drink after 5 hours! Admitted to EMU with no communication as to why and how long I was going to be there! Poor bedside manners. I decided to leave because of this. I would rather suffer!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 03 February 2018

Louise F gave Orthopaedics at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Colles #

I had a fall breaking my radius bone. A&E were brilliant. The A&E consultant tried very hard to realign the fracture without surgery, unfortunately the fracture was too unstable and I needed an operation. The staff on Elmton ward were all so caring. I was so nervous. The anaesthatist was great and made me feel much calmer. I would like to thank everyone involved in my care. If ever I need orthopaedic surgery in the future, I would certainly have all confidence in receiving care at Chesterfield Royal Hospital. Thank you everyone again.
Louise Fonseca

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

John Leaver gave Pain Management at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding Department

I have been under Pain Management for Years Now and I Doubt You will Get A Better Department, Including Private as Good as This One. I have Repeat Prescriptions and The Staff couldn’t be anymore Helpful. It’s Unfair to Blame The Department For Parking Fee’s and For the Outstanding Care, It’s Worth £1.30. All the Staff Can’t Do Enough To Help. We are Very Lucky To Have Such an Amazing Department. All I Can Say Is Thank You For All Your Help, I and Many More Patients Recieve. We Would Be Lost Without You. You All Do An Amazing Job And Are Appreciated. Thank You Again.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018

Irene gave Cataract Surgery at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

my cataract operation

Hello
I want to give a very big thankyou to all the staff at hollywell ward for the care and treatment i recieved on the 24th January 2018. My operation has given me amazing vision already and i cannot thank the caring staff enough.
Iwas very nervouse but they reassured me all the time i was there and when the time came fot the op itself i was amazed that it was completely painless.
Anyone reading this who is waiting for the same op please be reassured that it really is easy and fast.

best regards

Irene Toombs

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 29 January 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Terence Neal gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Gastroenterology OPD

I attended the endoscopy OPD today for the first time. I found the staff on the main reception desk polite and courteous as were the staff in the clinic. I saw the consultant, who was extremely welcoming she explained thoroughly my treatment plan and I left feeling confident about the care I would be receiving.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018