Chesterfield Royal Hospital

01246 277271 Calow, Top Road , Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S44 5BL

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Novasure ablation

I had an endometrial ablation on 07/06/2018 and it was horrific. The nurses were wonderful and incredibly supportive but I wasn't provided with a pain pack and the local anaesthetic that they gave me didn't seem to work as the procedure was excruciating.

It seemed that there wasn't much of a wait between the administration of the local aesthetic and the procedure so perhaps this was the problem but i have subsequently discovered that in many places it is standard practice to provide a general anaesthetic. There is no way that this procedure should be done without one in my opinion.

I was given no advice re time off work or what to expect afterwards and all in all i found the experience traumatising - thank goodness for the lovely nurse and the gas and air!

Please don't opt for cost cutting at the expense of patients

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Karen S gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Suite 4 Gastroenterology

The public facing staff (nurses etc.) of this department are very helpful & friendly. Always have time for a smile even at their busiest. Been, unfortunately, attending this department for 6 years and never had a bad word to say. Keep up the good work ladies & gents!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

Cloj gave Gynaecology at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Nurses made the difference

After going through I miscarriage I felt lost in and got different answers from everyone. The only reason this is 5 star is the nursing staff one in particular who has gone out of her way to be supportive and explain what's going on. I can not thank you enough for help you really have made it more bearable and never struggled to get blood .all the staff there are a credit to NHS.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 03 May 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

paediatric Resus

I never get around to posting a review when I visit CRH with my daughter so I thought I’d take 5 minutes to do so..

My 7 year old daughter is a known, complicated epileptic who is regularly in need of emergency help.

From the 999 call to the hospital discharge the staff are always fantastic and work hard to keep my daughter safe and stable when she arrives in resus in a prolonged seizure requiring emergency treatment.

The paramedics, a+e staff, anaesthetists and ODP’s, paediatrics and ward staff truly are hero’s in my eyes and I will be forever grateful for saving my daughters life.

They make sure that I am supported and included in what is happening at each step and they always make time to check that I am alright, even in such a stressful situation.

I cannot thank you all enough.

Keep up the amazing work

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

R Smith gave at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

1st Class Treatment!

I recently had a manipulation under anesthetic at Chesterfield Royal. My surgeon did a fantastic job and the proceedure has already vastly improved my ability to walk and bend my knee. Every single member of staff I encountered was caring, helpful and compassionate. They made me feel very safe and well looked-after. I cannot thank all the staff at the hospital enough. The nurses, health care assistants and auxiliary staff, especially, work very hard and deserve to be paid double.
If I were in the USA, the treatment I have received in the past 4 months would have cost at least $50,000. I am so thankful for our brilliant NHS and all the staff who work in it.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Gill gave Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Final Days

On May 7th 2018 I received the phone call that no one ever wants to hear. Your Mother's condition has deteriorated. I was so pleased with the staff who were taking care of her that night. They reassured me that they were taking care of her and making her comfortable. I regret that i was not able to be there when she died but I am comfortable knowing what great kind and caring nurses were on duty that night. They kept me informed and updated on Mum's condition until she passed away the next morning. I will never forget. I wish I had made a note of the nurses names. Please make sure they are thanked.
Gill Mitchell (daughter of Margaret Stella Johnson)

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

Nicola Charles gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A/E visit on the 28.05.18

Attended A/E following a traumatic eye injury with associated loss of vision. Waited almost an hour for triage by the nurse. When I was seen by the Dr my eye was examined with a pen torch and not the correct ophthalmology equipment. As I live out of the area I asked the Dr. about a discharge letter but was told I wouldn’t get one. Being a nurse I had the insight to go to my local eye casualty on return home where I am still receiving treatment and will be for the foreseeable future. Not all patients will have nursing or medical knowledge knowing when treatment is not up to standard.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Pie reviewed Chesterfield Royal Hospital

Just what to say a big thank you to all staff on Durrant Ward for taking...

Just what to say a big thank you to all staff on Durrant Ward for taking wonderful care of our much loved dad/grandad it’s just a great piece of mind that he is being cared for in such a wonderful way
I would like to say a special thank you to his nurse for her kindness and approachable for answering our questions on his well being

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018 using Care Opinion

Diane Scott gave Stroke at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eastwood Stroke Unit

Recently my Aunty was treated within The Eastwood Stroke Unit.. All the staff from the doctors through to the cleaners were excellent, compassionate, caring, nothing was too much trouble, they maintained dignity, respected individuals choices, explained everything thoroughly ensuring that the care, medication etc being given was to my Aunties satisfaction, when my Aunty became unable to make her own decision everything was explained to me.. when my Aunty passed away the staff involved in her aftercare were marvellous showing dignity and respect.. thank you to everyone on Eastwood Stroke Unit from the bottom of my heart..

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 08 April 2018

Chesterfield Royal Hospital has not yet replied.

chris wood gave Accident and emergency services at Chesterfield Royal Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A +E experience

On Thursday evening April 5th 2018 I was overcome by VERY severe stomach pain 9.30pm my wife drove me to hospital where we found the A+E department very busy (later I was told they were down by 3 staff members ) I was dealt with as soon as possible given pain relief ,I then had 2 ECG s 2 blood tests was given more pain relief .The doctor gave me an examination and told me what she suspected was the cause of the pain .I was discharged early hours Friday A M .
I can not praise the staff enough each member was polite and efficient even though over worked.So WELL DONE the A + E department

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 April 2018