Royal Hallamshire Hospital

0114 271 1900 Glossop Road , Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S10 2JF

Mrs N Wood gave Ophthalmology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Visit to eye department at Royal Hallamshire

My appointment was for 15.30pm on Thur 9th Nov 17. Whilst sat waiting for my name to be called a receptionist asked me if I'd had an appointment the day before. Which I hadn't, then informed me that my notes wasn't in the eye department and a porter had gone to fetch them from F2. Eyes wasn't dilated till 15.45pm because of missing notes. Notes that my consultant really need to see this time as my history had been requested from Manchester Royal Eye Hospital which I had been going to for over 20 years. As this was only my 2nd visit to Sheffield after being referred from Chesterfield. The nurse who had seen me didn't give me any idea if my notes had been found or how long I would have to wait until I asked them and they only told me that my notes still hadn't been found.

I saw consultant at 16.45pm over an hour after my appointment time. Not because department was running late. All because of my notes not being where they should.
Consultant apologized for the delay and was very good. Taking time to explain their concerns and talk about my history now that he had the information needed from Manchester.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 12 November 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback. I am really sorry to learn of the delay you encountered due to the problem with your notes. If you would like us to look into this further, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can do this by contacting the Patient Services Team. Either by calling them on 0114 271 2400 or by emailing them at [pst@sth.nhs.uk](mailto:pst@sth.nhs.uk)
It is good to learn that your experience with the consultant was more positive.
With thanks and best wishes

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

minor injuries dept

Attended this morning with my husband who had sliced his thumb. The staff (from the receptionist to the nurses) were extremely professional and helpful. Cannot praise them enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 12 November 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff concerned, who do strive to provide high quality care and treatment. They will be very encouraged to receive this.

S Wilkins gave Dermatology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely fantastic service

I just want to echo the experience of other reviewers. I went yesterday to have a mole checked out. It was an outpatients appointment at 17.45, so I'd anticipated that I'd maybe be the last of the day and that there'd be a rush to be finish quickly.

When I arrived I was one of only two waiting but others arrived over the next few minutes, so I was obviously wrong in my assumption. I was called in early, which was great. The doctor and Nurse were both fantastic. The doctor decided it would be worth a biopsy, which I'd assumed would involve a follow-up appointment but they were happy to get on and do it there and then. It was all done with no fuss. They explained very clearly how to care for the wound, and what to expect next, as well as how to chase up the consultant if I didn't get results promptly. On my way out a different nurse asked me where my bike was parked and gave me clear directions on the best way to get out at that exit.

I think the NHS is fantastic and its biggest asset is its staff. I know from friends how overstretched they are, but the attitude I experienced was *so* positive, friendly and professional.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 22 November 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 November 2017

Thank you for leaving feedback. The Dermatology staff will be really pleased to learn that your experience was positive throughout. Your feedback really will mean a lot to them and they will be very encouraged by it.

Jess gave Dermatology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very fast, efficient service

I had an appoint to get a mole looked at. I was called in early and then within an hour I had had a consultation with a very well informed and helpful nurse/doctor (sorry, not sure which they were) and had the mole removed!
Very impressed with the whole experience, thank you!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will be very encouraging for the staff of the Dermatology Department. They do strive to provide high quality care and treatment so they will really appreciate receiving your feedback.

Anonymous gave Physiotherapy at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent physio visit today

Was really impressed with the service I received today. Physio really good, knowledgeable and provided with a few exercises which I can cope with. Felt happy and confident with a good service and God willing hopefully a speedy recovery. I have received lots of physio treatments over the years, both private and nhs. It's so good to see nhs staff who provide a service similar to private! Obviously it can be hit and miss, it's down to the professional/individual. You get good and not so good in all walks of life. Only problem was the physiotherapy service not easy to find. It's on B floor! You have to head to the WRVS coffee shop and there's a sign there telling you to go right.(little tip).

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for leaving feedback and it is great to learn you had a positive experience. Your kind words will be much appreciated by the department as they do strive to provide high quality treatment. I am sorry you had difficulty finding it, this will also be passed on to the estates team for their review.
With thanks and best wishes for your continued recovery

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye clinic

Extremely busy clinic not enough staff to cope but despite this was seen early for appointment very nice and helpful during eye exams ,followed by Dr appointment in same ward fantastic Dr showed me results and discussed them threw ,very efficient staff despite not being enough staff in this department I'm impressed with this department the NHS should be proud to have such efficient staff and professional but friendly n helpful god knows why they are moving this department no need to ,thank u eye clinic

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback and it is great to learn you had a positive experience. The department staff will really appreciate your kind words and will be very encouraged by them as they do strive to provide high quality care and treatment.
With thanks and kind regards

Shellyann gave Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Marvellous Staff

I would like to say a really big thank you to all the staff that dealt with me when I had to have a CT colonoscopy Scan, I had cancelled this appointment twice, one was due to going on holiday , but the other was due to being so nervous, but I know I had to attended my third appointment, I was greeted by two lovely receptionists, than I was introduced to another member of staff who was so patient told me what I had to do , and than they put the cannula in, no pain. Than I was meet by the team, who were going to do the scan there was a really nice Doctor, and two nurses, one nurse took me through everything with so much care, the next nurse was really lovely, gave me so much reassurance. When I was having the scan they were asking if I was alright, . Made me feel so at ease. so I would like to thank all off them for there kindness patience, and understanding . Thank you Michelle X

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Dear Michelle
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff involved who do strive to support patients through these procedures, as they know they can cause a lot of anxiety and concern. They will really appreciate and be encouraged by receiving your feedback.
With thanks and all best wishes

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional.

I had a laparoscopy yesterday at Hallamshire and would like to express my gratitude to the staff and the consultant.

The staff in the operation theatre couldn't have been more considerate and caring.

Waking up from the general anestheic was the scariest part of the day however the nurse I woke up to was a godsend and made me feel at ease. The consultant who I cannot thank enough was also there to explain what was done.

After that I was moved to a ward for recovery and the nurses were constantly checking up and listening to me if I needed something.

Each and every member of staff who dealt with me were exceptional without exaggeration and I'm ever so thankful for their kindness and support. Had I knew I would receive outstanding service before my visit I wouldn't have been so apprehensive!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Dear Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. Your kind and positive words will mean a great deal to the staff involved who do strive to provide high quality treatment, care and support for their patients. They will really appreciate and be encouraged by your feedback.
With thanks and best wishes

Colin graham gave Ophthalmology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Deterioration of sight

I visited after contacting the hospital about a deterioration in sight after being treated here in october 2016 for malignant melanoma of choroid. I was warned of the risks and informed if there was a deterioration to get in touch.on doing just this i was seen within 5 days and i must say your staff are still the most friendly and professional people i have ever met.All doubts were dealt with and worries quashed. I recommend your staff to anyone in need of similar care and am grateful to all of you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. It is great to learn that you received a good service during what must have been a very worrying time for you. The staff will be very encouraged to receive your positive words and will really appreciate them.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Royal Hallamshire Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Neurology

Hi, excellent Neaurolgy Consultant and high level of hospitality and very good communication with patient. Appointment was not rushed and everything was explained in detail. Would like to thank all the Neaurology staff in the TIA clinic and Consultant. Thank you

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

Nancy Henwood, Patient Experience Co-ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 October 2017

Dear Sir or Madam
Thank you for leaving feedback. It is great to learn you had a positive experience and the staff involved will really appreciate and be encouraged by receiving your kind words as they do strive to provide high quality care and communication.