Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 23 found in Neurosurgery Show all reviews

Andrew chapman gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Relieved

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the surgeon and their team and all the nurses on ward 4 I had an operation to remove a disc in my neck last week it all went very well I was up an about the same day thanks to your hard work an care !! :-) :-)

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Victoria Huntridge gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Headache Specialist Nurse ESSENTIAL

I cannot imagine what my life would have been like today if I had not had the benefit of the Headache Specialist Nurse. I had been to Russell Square Neuro Centre and it was a 2 yr waiting list to see one. I was in pain on a daily basis and my job and relationships were suffering. Since being administered a nerve blocker I have got my life back. This simple procedure was never offered to me at any time beforehand. I think that the Doctor is interested in their patients and that is the starting point. The Specialist Nurse is dedicated and interested in the patients and gets things resolved. They get sorted. This is saving the NHS in my case alone as I was always at my GPs. I am not attending my GP practice anymore for headaches saying how I cannot manage. I can manage now. I do manage now. And this is all due to the Headaches Clinic and the team, they are interested, they are not complacent, they resolve problems. Keep this service - put money into it. I intend to promote this unit to my local MP to take to Parliament to enable this to be a standard state of access for all those people out there who do not know who to turn to. Migraine is not just a headache. It is a curse. But with this facility it can be mastered. The staff here are unique and their legacy should be followed.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. Our deepest condolences go to you and your family for the loss of your (insert name or relation) but we will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Neurosurgery team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Mrs C gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care

After an incidental finding (lucky) from an MRI scan I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumour. I decided to have it removed sooner rather than later. My consultant was very caring as I had originally decided to have periodically scans and have it monitored I however changed my mind after much thought and the consultant was fine with my decision. All I can say is that all of the neurology consultants, doctors, nurses who looked after me were very professional and caring in both ward 40 and 4. Also a big thank you to the porters, cleaners, catering staff.

They all work so hard and I can't thank them all enough.

Mrs C.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 23 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Neurosurgery Department.

Kate gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

Nerve block

I was seen in the neurology clinic in January following an MRI result! Consultant very nice explained I could have a nerve block or Surgery. At the end of febuary I enquired at the radiology clinic as to when my appointment might be/ the person told me i was not on the system and went away to speak to someone else! Another person spoke to me explaining the the referral card had not bee sent through! They went on to say there was a five month waiting list before i would be seen! As this was no fault of my own I felt i should have been put on the waiting list where I would have been if the referal card had been sent! I am in so much pain at the moment that I cannot leave the house! despite ringing the secretary who said they would email the consultant to expidite my appointment and ring me back, i have still had no word regarding an appointment. I am now so limited to what I can do and no one seems to care a jot!!

The information required before writing my review as i have not been for treatment but had to fill it in just the same?

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 05 April 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Neurology team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

S. Phillips gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

excellent care

I was admitted to ward 4 due to spinal cord compression and was an in-patient for over a week. I had an neuro angiogram in radiology and the care I received was faultless all the doctors, surgeons, consultants and radiologists discussed my case, which I believe resulted with me being given the best care and treatment possible. Everything was fully explained and I have 100% faith in the neurological team. All the nursing staff and skill mix team on ward 4 and in radiology were fantastic, very caring and compassionate. Always took time to answer questions or concerns despite being very busy and, as is the case with most nhs wards, often understaffed. I cannot fault anything and believe it is really important to promote the excellent care received by our NHS staff who are trying their best in very very challenging, cash strapped times. Thank you so much!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 17 December 2016

Laura Hewlett gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Short stay on ward 4 Excellent treatment!

I was admitted onto Ward 4 for spinal surgery, ( Spinal Decompression) From arriving onto the ward, all nursing staff treated me in a welcoming and efficient manor. I was a little nervous being the night prior to surgery. But I was soon put at ease by the caring nurses who attended to me. On the morning of my operation I was informed of what was going to happen. The registrar to my surgeon came to see me and I had allready spoken to the anaesthetist the night before.The nursing team who took me down to the theatre waiting room were friendly and reassuring. In fact every single member of the team on Ward 4 deserve a Thankyou for their hard work. I didn't know what to except with stories of our "cash strapped" NHS.But I was pleasantly surprised! I am hoping not to have to go in hospital any time soon, but my experience wasn't half as bad as I expected! I am now recovering at home. I wish to pass on my best regards to each and every member of the team who looked after me in such an excellent manner!

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 January 2017

Anonymous reviewed Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary

Consultation

Thank you very much to my consultant who was extremely helpful caring and professional. They have reassured me about my condition and I can't be thankful enough. Extremely nice person who makes you feel at ease. many thanks

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 28 September 2016

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Spinal surgery

I visited ward 4 for a consultation with Medical team who took time to explain the MRI results. Surgery was decided upon and the team involved gave me every care. I have theadded complication of Parkinson's and staff were mindful.of the added difficulty I faced during and after surgery. The care I was given was outstanding, from GP to tea staff. I ccannot thank you enough. I am now recovering at home and relieved that the severe pain has gone. Thank you all so much, your dedication is inspiring.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

Anonymous gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Mum stay at Hull

Back in July my mum was visiting York for the day when she had a severe headache she was rushed to York hospital and quickly blue lighted to Hull as she had suffered a subrachnoid haemorrhage. She was soon operated on and sent to intensive care for 10 days as she was critical. After thos she was sent to ward 40. The care she recieved was outstanding and its thank to all the staff that my mum is still here today. Also the domestic and catering staff that always had a kind word for her. After 4 months today we went to her follow up appointment . Again we were looked after from the minute we walked in and saw the sugeon who operated on her. The consultant explained everything so clearly and she has nearly made a full recovery. Not only did everyone care for my mum but they looked after my dad my sister and myself. Thank you doesnt seem enough. I cant mention names but to the surgeon who does the coiling thank you for saving my mums life and you always have a smile for us

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 November 2016

KF gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Out patient appointment - Neurosurgery

I arrived and was quickly checked in and sent to a spacious waiting room. I did not wait long and was called by the consultant who introduced them self. The consultation was on time and at no point did I feel rushed. The consultant took their time to explain and discuss everything and gave me lots of opportunities to ask questions. I was quite nervous prior to the appointment but by the time I left I felt relieved and ready for the next stage of my treatment. The staff I met were kind and helpful and the department I visited had a comfortable relaxed feel but non the less was very efficiently run. Thank you.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 27 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Neurosurgery team.