Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 10 found in Vascular surgery Show all reviews

Nicola gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Ward 4 & 40

I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone on wards 4 & 40 for looking after me following my operation recently. You are all amazing, I was very nervous prior to my surgery but thanks to you all, you made me feel at ease every step of the way.
Thank you to everyone, you helped my speedy recovery.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 12 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with ward 4 and 40.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065
• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk
• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Tiffany gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

VARICOSE VEIN - DAY SURGERY

This is the 3rd operation I have had here at HRI. I suffer with a severe anxiety disorder and panic disorder and miraculously have just come out of theatre and I'm absolutely fine! The Staff have been absolutely brilliant, as you are awake during the procedure I was very scared before I went in but the entire time in theatre was actually (dare I say it) fun! So relaxing and it was so nice that conversations by the Nurses and the Surgeon kept flowing and I was able to feel safe and comfortable. Dr was amazing also, very professional, very professional and talked me through every step of the operation while he did it. I was worried so much but I cannot stress enough how wonderful the Day Surgery Unit at Hull Royal Infirmary is. The Staff are truly amazing.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Elaine Cumberlidge gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Varicose vein surgery

I attended the duchess of Kent day surgery, the staff and my surgeon were absolutely fantastic from arriving to leaving. I also had other questions that I needed verifying after my discharge. I rung the number given to me on my departure and the nurse that I spoke to not only answered my questions thoroughly but made it clear that I could ring for advice anytime. A big thank you to everyone.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 24 November 2016

Jack Bell gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Endovascular aneurysm repair

I attended Hull Royal Infirmary on the 28Nov and had the operation for the above the following day. I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated from beginning to the end of my stay, and I offer my sincere thanks to all concerned.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 06 January 2017

Andy Sherratt gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

AAA Repair

Following a CT scan for another illness, an abdominal aortic aneurysm of 6.7cms was found; I was told this needed treating urgently. I requested my GP to refer me to Hull as I had heard their vascular dept was good. From initial appointment with a Consultant, admittance for surgery and through to discharge, the professionalism, skill and care from every one of the medical team was superb. I should also mention that all other services in the hospital e.g. cleaning and meals, were delivered professionally and with humour. I thought the food standards and choices were good. I spent three days in the ICU and a further five days in the ward after quite radical surgery. I cannot fault the skill, dedication and care I received from all concerned. Thank you Hull Royal Infirmary

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 21 September 2016

Vivien Mariau gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

excellent care given in ward 7

The surgeon and his team plus all the staff in ward 7 at Hull Royal Infirmary gave me exclellent care and attention during my recent three day stay for vascular surgery. They were very professional and caring and discussed everything with me the whole time I was there. They took time to involve me in decisions and respected my wishes. They listened to my questions and always answered them giving me all the information I needed. I feel I could not have got a better service and I am grateful for their professionalism and friendliness.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 07 April 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 08 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the surgeon, his team and Ward 7 staff at Hull Royal Infirmary.

If you would like to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fistula surgery

Had fistula surgery today in the day surgery unit. Couldn't have asked for better treatment at all from surgeon and nursing staff.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 23 February 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team in the Day Surgery Unit.

Precious gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I was admitted for varicose vein surgery on the Wednesday and had the surgery on the Thursday afternoon. I was allowed home on the Friday. I found that the staff on the whole ward were lovely. From the nurses the doctors the trainee doctors, the anaesthetist, even the cleaners and the people who served the food! Everyone was so nice. I was a bit scared and they all set my fears at rest. I was a bit unwell and they were there for me. There was no doubt that these people worked so hard but they were always gentle and had a kind word. People are so quick to criticise when things go wrong but things go right every single minute of every single day and these people are not given the recognition they truly deserve.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 09 January 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 15 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Vascular team at Hull Royal Infirmary.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Marie Hearnshaw gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and support

I recently attended on 28th October as a day patient to Ward 7 for varicose vein removal to both legs. I cannot commend all the staff I had contact with both on Ward 7, the staff who took me to theatre, staff in the waiting area, the anaesthetic team, the surgeons and the recovery staff. They were all excellent.
They were friendly, considerate and made me feel at ease in what can be a stressful situation. Everyone took time to engage with me and explain every step of the process. Nothing was enough trouble for them throughout the process.
Before attending Hull Royal Infirmary I had no knowledge or experience of this hospital but I would have no hesitation in recommending Ward 7 and the staff to anyone needing vascular surgery. So many negative hospital experiences are shared, I feel positive experiences should also be shared.
I do hope this feedback is conveyed to all the wonderful nursing staff I came into contact with.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 30 October 2015

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 20 November 2015

Thank you for adding you comment to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will ensure that the staff concerned are made aware of these.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service on (01482) 623065 or email on pals@hey.nhs.uk as we are always striving to improve our patients experience.

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

emergency aaa repair

I was admitted from Grimsby on 29th March , a Sunday, early in the afternoon with a ruptured aortic aneurysm. I was met by the consultant, and the speedy response and professionalism shown by them and the team undoubtedly saved my life.
I have now made a full recovery and wish to thank all the excellent staff involved in my care and pass on the gratitude of my family.
Mrs.Phyllis Farrant

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 01 December 2015

If you would like to become more involved in decisions about local healthcare, we are recruiting members. By becoming a member you receive our quarterly newsletter, find out more about your local NHS and help us improve local services. You can also attend our ‘medicine for members’ sessions and respond to questionnaires. You don’t need any special skills or experience to become a member; you just need an interest in local health services. There is no commitment, you can get involved as much or as little as you choose. For more information please either email foundation.trust@hey.nhs.uk or telephone the Corporate Affairs office on (01482) 675165.