Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 5 found in Respiratory Medicine Show all reviews

Hels gave Respiratory Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Mother's recent stay.

My elderly mother recently had a long stay on Ward 5, mostly on the HD ward. I can't fault the staff, from the cleaners to the consultants, but especially the wonderful nurses, they all worked tirelessly to help her and the other patients. I hope we never have to come back, but if we do i know they will do their best.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 14 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with ward 5.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065
• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk
• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Mel gave Respiratory Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay

Recently been on ward 5 staff couldn't do enough but I wish before people put comments thinkthey work hard and comments like some on here dosnt do much for staff morale

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 01 January 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

William Wilson gave Respiratory Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Praise Where Praise Is Due

I guess HRI has had its fair share of "bad press" so to speak.I can only begin to think of how moral and confidence can be eroded with such reports and so therefore I think I will add my "ten pennyworth" of thoughts about my recent visit. I hope management will convey such thoughts throughout the departments to both the higher and lower rankings of the HRI team so as to let them be fully aware that there are those of us who appreciate their hard work. I had occasion to attend the Ambulatory Treatment Centre on the 10th Nov 2016 after my doctor that very morning had diagnosed my breathlessness caused by a high heart beat rate. I duly arrived at the centre which was warm and welcoming and in less than half hour I was being attended to. For the next 4 hours or so I was seen by consultants, had various tests i.e. bloods ,ECG, Vital Signs i.e. BP etc and along with that X Rays. My condition was verified and along with Beta Blockers, blood thinning drugs and Fluid On The Lung reducing drugs my condition began to stabilise somewhat. Let me say here and know I don't believe I could have received any better treatment "anywhere". The staff were kind, caring and attentive throughout in and I hope you are able to convey that message be it by an in house email or a copy of this message to you all. Finally I was transferred to ward 5 after a bed was sourced for me. Ward 5 was again a warm clean and welcoming place. I remained in ward 5 until the afternoon of the following day. Again I had numerous tests and took all manner of drugs to further stabilise my condition. The care and attention throughout was second to none. the section of ward 5 I was in was for 6 males and in the short time I was there we were soon on first name terms. May I say a big thank you to the nursing staff on the ward along with trainees were great. The consultants throughout were knowledgable and were able to impart their findings in layman terms in a manner which even to me became clear and understandable. It also became clear that I would receive further tests i.e. scans along with follow up treatment. "How good is that"? I was discharged around 3pm on the 11th and went back several hours later to pick up medication rather than remain in bed until then. Once again thank you HRI and from one happy patient all the very best to everyone.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 12 November 2016

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Horrible and Dangerous Ward 5

I currently have a member of family in Ward 5 and the level of patient care is disgusting. The staff don't communicate other than to tell each other their holiday plans while sat at the nurses station chatting while patient alarms are sounding and elderly and vulnerable people shouting in desperation for help. Despite talking to the staff the only response is "I'll have to talk to doctor" followed by an arrogant smirk. Well we had enough and for my family members safety I'm pushing for her to be moved. She isn't safe, comfortable or cared for on Ward 5. I wouldn't mind but ward 5 is already under investigation just shows that the staff and magement has no intention of improving.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 30 July 2016

DEELAND gave Respiratory Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Ward 5 Hull Royal

Had to spend 8 days in Hull Royal for a chest infection .. It felt like a holiday .. Ward 5 staff were fantastic the food was wonderful .. Thank you all the staff and consultant ... You were wonderful .. To many nurses to mention but thank you all ........

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 20 April 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 21 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Ward 5 team at Hull Royal Infirmary.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.