Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 15 found in Gynaecology Show all reviews

Jodie gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Waiting for results 7 weeks!!!!!!

Went to have abnormal cells removed and a biopsy been seven weeks of worrying!!!!!! I phone hospital a week ago they said they had the results would send them out as couldn't tell me over the phone still not recived nothing good or bad news I think it's wrong how long u leave us worrying it's a joke

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Gynae outpatients and cedar ward

I was referred on a 2 week pathway i can not fault the process, i received a phone call the day after my GP referred me with an appointment, this was followed up with full written information about the clinic i would be attending and the investigations i may have to have..

Attended on the day i had a scan and saw the consultant within 2 hours, i needed a further investigative procedure. All the staff involved were really informative and careing ,they put me at ease and supported me through a quite painful procedure. I really did feel cared for.
The clinic was spotless and all the staff i spoke to were really polite and helpful.

Had to attend Cedar ward a week later as a day case, can not fault the care from the ward and theatre staff. All really polite ,kept me informed about what was going to happen.

On return from theatre obs were done immediately and i was kept pain free at all times.
Seen by the consultant post op. Discharged home when i was ready to go with full written and verbal instructions for my continuing care at home.

Thankyou so much to all the staff that cared for me

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the departments.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Cedar ward

I was admitted to cedar ward for a short procedure following a missed miscarriage. I can't praise all the staff enough,they were fantastic and very sensitive to why I was there. All the staff that looked after me throughout my stay there were lovely and supportive and I can't thank them enough, they let me make my own decisions and supported them fully.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the staff on Cedar Ward.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

Gynaecology department failure

I visited the Gynaecology department at HRi on 31 May 2017, after being referred from my GP. Was given blood tests (still awaiting these results) and referred for a scan (still awaiting these results). 2 weeks after the initial visit, received a letter from the department asking for me to return for a further scan (involving dye).

Visited the department in person (in early July) on one occasion after leaving numerous messages for the gynaecologist's secretary, asking for advice on the medication I'd been told to take prior to the Hycosy scan (as I've had thrombosis in the past and this was listed in the "do not take if..." on the leaflet inside the medication). I waspt 's offered any advice or help from the reception staff in the Gynaecology department at HRi.

After calling the secretary numerous times, I was finally given a call back and told to take the prescribed medication (which, incidentally, has not had the desired effect, and instead, I have suffered excruciating side effects. I persisted in taking the course as prescribed, in the hope of being one step further towards a diagnosis).

Visited my GP this week (24 July) to find out whether they had been sent the results of a) my blood tests b) my 1st scan c) any news on the promised referral to the fertility clinic for further help. My GP confirmed that they have not been sent any results or further updates.

At 43, I am increasingly frustrated by the lack of communication, and care from this department. I have contacted the PALS team this week in the hope of a speedy response.

With many family members working for the NHS, I am reluctant to complain - but I feel utterly forgotten about and ignored. There doesn't seem to be any strategy in place for finding out what is wrong with me, and certainly no plans for making me like my health concerns are being taken seriously.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in gynaecology department.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

I was admitted to Cedar Ward in April 2017 for a cystoscopy and bladder biopsy. The ward was spotlessly clean. All staff were welcoming and friendly. Anaesthetic team were fantastic and because of an existing condition, went above and beyond to ensure all was well when in theatre.
Recovery ward staff ensured pain levels were under control.
The consultant came to see me on the ward after the procedure to tell me how everything went.
Staff who started work at 6.30am were still on duty when I left the ward at 4pm. They were ensuring patients were comfortable and looked after. Although exhausted they were still smiling.
Thank you to ward clerks/admin, housekeeping, nurses and all staff on Cedar ward. The NHS at it's best.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the staff on Cedar Ward Hull Royal Infirmary.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Colposcopy

Having to have something like this is not nice at the best of times, but having had this done many years ago and having had 6 attempts at IVF and given birth I assured myself it would be fine and I could cope with the indignity of this procedure, as I had done previously.
I followed the nurse into a small room to meet my consultant as I smiled nervously and said hello.... I was made to feel immediately uncomfortable by their unfriendly manner.
The consultant proceeded immediately with a unfriendly "do you know what you are here for" and let's just say that was their tone for the following questions..
I didn't feel I wanted to have the procedure done and started to get very upset which they totally ignored never once asking if I was ok once, as I reached myself for a tissue on the wall dispenser and getting more upset I asked if my husband could join me from the waiting room.
The procedure itself was the worst I have ever experienced with no gentle explanation of what was to follow etc and I can honestly say it really upset me.
Through all of my previous procedures over the years I have been always treated by wonderful people.

My husband asked how many people they deal with a day and was told its a constant flow day in day out, and that's how I was made to feel like I was just another object on a conveyor belt.

One particular nurse in the room was lovely seeing how distressed I was.

I have had dealings with HRI previously with close members of my family and cannot praise them enough and hold them in the highest of honours, so I am sad to feel this way.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary

Parking

Hi i recently had to visit the hospital with my girlfriend she had an appointment at the womans and childrens ward i find it disgusting that we was forced to park in st stephens and nearly made us late for the appointment surely the spaces are not filled by people visiting the hospital as i have seen people returning to their cars with shopping bags. I do have a suggestion people who are genuinly visiting the hospital should be provided with a unique barcode that proves your meant to be in the car park. My girlfriend was extremly stressed out by this she was nervous and stressed out emough about her appointment. It is a suggestion but something should seriously change.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Mrs Beever gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Staff

I was treated on Thursday 6th Oct. The consultant was fabulous so caring and explained everything reassured me and made me laugh. The two nurses were just as fabulous, really lovely, I can't praise these three enough the treatment was made so much easier thanks to them massive well done all of them .

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 09 October 2016

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

If I could rate with no stars I would

This department is beyond a joke. After a very traumatic experience I am still suffering the after effects and continually being treated by people who don't know their arm from their leg. Each time I'm sent another appointment (which is sometimes just a case of getting a text saying I'm expected at X time on X date - no official letter) I think, 'surely it can't get any worse than this'. But low and behold - it does - from the several consultants I've seen, to the admin staff.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

Anne Brown gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Pleasantly suprised

I was admitted to woman/children's hospital for a coloscopy . I was quite anxious, it being the first I was under the NHS from leaving Bupa several years ago. Apart from a very bad sore throat from a tube being inserted ( one size fits all) which I have never experienced before., also a very very bruised hand still there nearly three weeks later. All the medical staff and attention and care was 5* plus.Many Thanks.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 02 October 2016