Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 26 found in Neurology Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Saw nurse at the clinic not happy very abrupt.

Appalled at the way a nurse spoke to my daughter at the epilepsy clinic .who they told in a very abrupt manner that she had epilepsy, even after i said i think its a lot to take in the nurse still continued to be abrupt and focus on worst case scenario even when it was plain to see my daughter's eyes were very red but Halle managed to stop herself crying until we left the clinic.Really unhappy with the treatment its huge shock for anyone to told they have epilepsy.I was brought with my dad who had this not nice to be spoke to that way !!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

Graham Atkins reviewed Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary

Awaiting Report from Initial consultation and subsequent MRI

I originally had a consultation at the Neurology dept. HRI on 19th. May and was referred for an MRI scan. Received an appointment for 20th. June and scan carried out. To date no report has been sent to my GP or myself although I was told about 4 weeks ago that a report had been sent from MRI to the Neorology Dept. Dr. requesting the scan.
Twice I have spoken to the Consultant's secretary and on each occasion was assured that the letter was about to be sent out. Two weeks last Friday I was told a letter would be definitely be in the post within a couple of days. This does seem rather an unnecessary long period between tests and receiving a Dr's report and is very much longer than for previous tests I have had carried where the results were given to me on the day (Angiogram at Castle Hill and Colonoscopy at HRI).

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

malcolm gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Neurology cluster and migraine

I've had 30yrs of terrible clinics and ignorant experts... UNTIL HULL.

I'm travelling 140miles each way for Hull neurology (says a lot)...

It is normal to get referred to the head of a department and actually assessed by a lower member of the team (everywhere)... and possibly treated by a third, the one who knows your problem.
The doctor was great... they got to the root of the problem quickly and without fuss... more than all my previous clinic / experts had done... treatment was worked out and my GP notified to change my treatment

The only fly in the ointment was Hull was not au-fait with a patient from the other side of the country (the other coast).. this caused problems with tests and I will drive to Hull for them as its easier than getting them done locally.

I am only willing to drive for 2 1/2 hrs each way because of the great service from doctors and the specialist nurse.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 28 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Neurology department.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Zainab gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Neurology service is not patient centred

I have been given one doctor and then change into another and when they took all my interview and assessed my case. Seemed the doctor was quite experienced in my illness. They referred me to various tests and now when the results arrived I was given an appointment with a complete new doctor who I have never met. When I asked about the reason I was told that I should avail this appointment and that they don't know why my case has been given to this doctor. I m really very upset and disappointed with the way I have been treated.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 June 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 14 July 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in the Neurology department. We will ensure your comments are shared with the team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

Neuorlogy follow up

Trying to get an appointment at this hospital is almost impossible.
You are passed from pillar to post.
Even after My Doctor has wrote to them they seem incapable of finding an appointment.
Aftercare/follow up service is abysmal
Follow up appointment was to be within 3 months it is now almost 6 months and they still can not find a slot.
I can not be treated without diagnosis and a letter back to my doctor advising the use of strong steroids does not help when I have no information as to why these are being administered, the possible side effects or a diagnosis and reason for steroid use.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Neurology team.

julia schofield gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

my stay in neurology unit this week

very well looked after by the excellent staff and doctors,thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 28 January 2017

Anonymous gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

New Consultation

Was referred by my own neurologist. Such a fantastic person and displayed a lot of compassion and understanding when delivering the bad news. Explained things in basic, understandable terms. Such a polite and compassionate person, making me feel a valued patient.... Thank you

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 22 November 2016

Still waiting!!!

I first attended in Nov 2016, was given an appointment in Jan 2017 for MRI scan, was due to get an appointment in Feb 2017 for my follow up and results, it's now Sept 2017 and I'm still waiting! I have called numerous times and get told there's a backlog, absolutely unacceptable!!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 26 September 2017

Anonymous reviewed Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary

One year after initial appointment and no follow up

In October 2016, had an appointment at the Beverley hospital with the neurologist and was told I would be called back in 6 months. A year later and nothing has happened. Rang up in April and was told I was on the list. Went back to my own GP in July and was told there was nothing they could do as I was already under a consultant. My symptoms are getting worse, I have no diagnosis, and my daily life is affected, due to my mobility being affected. I just want to know what is wrong and what can be done.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 September 2017

Anonymous gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Dr Harley A+++++++++++++++

I would just like to say that when I last attended the neurology clinic, having requested a second opinion after a very long wait for a diagnosis from another member of staff, Dr was excellent. They explained everything thoroughly, gave me my diagnosis after an examination and taking a thorough medical history. They had previously familiarized themselves with my notes. Such a difference from the previous neurologist and their registrar, who didn't involve me in any decisions, and were loath to a) explain matters and b) treat me (as someone with cognitive problems) with respect.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 01 September 2016