Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

256 total | 6 found in Children's & Adolescent Services Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional care

My 12 year old son was admitted to hospital via the children's A+E department and spent a night in Acorn Ward. He was cared for professionally and compassionately throughout his stay.both in A+E and on the ward.All staff where very thorough and ensured that investigations where carried out promptly. Myself and my son where kept up to date and every effort was made to make us both comfortable which was important to me as an anxious mum. Staff where always available to answer any questions , I can honestly say we received first class care , thank you so much.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Robert Putley gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

My sons visit

I had to take my 16 year old son due to him badly cutting his right hand and I could not fault anyone we came in contact with this includes everyone from security guard to all nurses and cleaners you all made us feel welcome and at ease thanks for all the help and explaining every thing if we did not understand. We arrived at 07.00 straight after a night shift you found me a put me up bed so when he was having a operation I could get some sleep thanks everyone

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 11 March 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 25 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the A&E department.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Jan Sobieski gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Lack of enforcement of smoking ban

Upon entering the Hull Royal Infirmary grounds on the morning of 21st February 2018 with my 5-year old daughter I noticed a bold sign declaring with great authority a carte blanche statement that all smoking on the HRI hospital site was outlawed. Imagine then my shock, disappointment and dismay as I approached the hospital’s main entrance to see a tall middle-aged man brazenly smoking a cigarette in full view of all and sundry. He did so with complete impunity. I immediately reported this smoking breach to the young woman sat on the reception. She was totally unmoved and gave the impression that this smoking infringement was a normal course of events. She said that security would pick him up and move him on. I informed her that I had not seen any security present. I suggested that she phone security there and then to alert them to this smoking contravention. Whether or not she did I have no idea.
What is the point of having statements stating all smoking banned on HRI grounds and then failing to enforce this? If this smoking ban is not enforced then there is no point having signs to this effect? Passive smoking is lethal – more lethal than first hand smoking. My daughter, myself and other patients and hospital visitors were placed at risk of passive smoking because of the failure of security and hospital staff to enforce the hospital’s blanket ban on smoking on HRI premises. The NHS is always whining about lack of funds and saving money – yet here we have a situation where NHS staff appear apathetic about enforcing a smoking ban, which leads to diseases which cost the NHS and therefore the taxpayer millions upon millions.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 26 February 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 06 March 2018

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in Children & Adolescent services. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Children & Adolescent team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Tess gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful hospital

My 2 year old son has additional needs so we are at Hull Royal every few weeks. All of the consultants, doctors, nurses and staff we see are fantastic! The Physio dept is great, and also the friendly porters and car park attendants. We are 9 times out of 10 seen on time, and always greeted with a smile. My son recently had a hip and leg operation and the care was brilliant. Also my son has been taken in by ambulance whilst having severe seizures, the paramedics are wonderful! Making sure we are seen and waiting with us until we are sorted. The emergency staff too are great, treating my son as fast as they can, reassuring us and making us feel at ease. I honestly think the care at this hospital is brilliant, along with all the staff!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 21 April 2017

Dear Tess,

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Paediatric team.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Children's ward

My son has complex needs and needs hospital care on a regular basis. But we find the care he receives on ward 130 at Hull Royal Infirmary is far from acceptable. Even down to the simplest of tasks the staff are not trained or not interested. The only thing they seem good at is making excuses for there mistakes.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Daughter had day surgery

Took my daughter for day surgery on the acorn ward, amazing staff, the Consultant explained everything in fine detail but in lay man's terms, so did the anethetist couldn't fault them. Thank you

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 27 January 2017