Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

302 total | 7 found in Orthopaedics Show all reviews

mike b gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement

Not given facts about surgery and very little information, please look at nhs website before your appointment, how can you ask a question if you don’t know what to ask.
Why can’t hospital give out fact sheet about the operation at first consultation,

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fracture clinic appointment

Having fractured my wrist 2 days previously & received excellent treatment at my local minor injuries unit, I arrived at HRI fracture clinic 20 mins before my appointment. An hour later I was seen by the consultant & had the backslab removed & my wrist throughly examined. I was then referred for a light plaster cast to be applied.Sadly it went downhill from there onwards, to help given to take off my jacket, very rude personal remarks made by the nurse, out of earshot of the other nurses to me about me. Left with a cast with sharp edges(now sorted by my local didtrict nurse), told not to get the cast dirty or wet again rudely & again not helped with my jacket. The nurse concerned was not inexperienced, but obviously needs more training with their interpersonal skills.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

Early discharge following injury and no Physio

I broke my shoulder whilst away visiting a friend and reported to the fracture clinic as recommended by the MIU on my return. Was given an appointment for 3 days later. Spent longer in the clinic waiting to be seen ( even with an appointment time) than I did in the original MIU in Wales.Other people coming into the clinic were taken in for consultations ahead of me. I advised the Consultant and Nurse I lived alone with no family/help nearby but no advice given apart from how to get my arm into a T-shirt!. Was discharged on 2nd appointment, 2 weeks later with promise of physio within 10 days. Phoned after 2 and a half weeks later to be told they thought it too early for physio and given another appointment a further 2 weeks later. Waited over an hour for my appointment (not unusual and no explanation) and as usual watched everyone who came in for appointments after me being seen before me. I was the last person sitting when eventually I was called. The Consultant was very helpful but seemed surprised I had not had any Physio and referred me "urgently" . Discharged again but still waiting for Physio, almost 2 weeks later. Feel like I've slipped through the net. Does anyone realise how difficult it is to function on your own for washing, cooking, shopping and just going about your daily business?

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 09 December 2016

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Orthotics Department

Waited 30 minutes past my appointment time, no one explained there was a delay and when asked treat like I had caused a right fuss. Was told the consultant is notorious for it but is very good, what a great answer. Maybe you could ring and warn people to come later or that there might be a delay.

Spent 2 minutes with the consultant who asked how it was and that i should keep going as I am. Couldn't we have done that over the phone instead of having to leave work and had to pay £3 parking, what a joke.

Simply ways of reducing spending and cutting patient waiting times / more patients seen in a day.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 22 June 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 06 September 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience at Hull Royal Infirmary. In order to address the concerns you have raised and to share your comments with the department, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Alison gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Shoulder surgery

Following a nasty horse riding accident in February 2015 resulting in many broken bones I have received ongoing care/surgery, today I was discharged, I am extremely grateful to all staff and surgeon involved with putting me back together and wanted to say thank you.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 17 May 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 17 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Orthopaedic team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Terry Tong gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Kind, Professional and Caring

Mother in Law, nearly 90, in great pain recieved excellant treatment from the fracture clinic team, they were all very kind, showed a great deal of care and respect. The team were trully professional and a true example of how a medical team should work. To the registrar through to the nurses and porters a big thankyou to you all you all go more than the extra mile.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 17 January 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 15 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team in the fracture clinic.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Sfill suffering!

Still suffering from painful foot drop two years on from surgery on my leg and hip after accident cannot drive and need a cane or crutches to help me walk a nerve was stretched during surgery and my life has changed so much...I want so much to get back to normal...I need more phisio but not offered more since 2014..Still under surgesurgeon hoping for more treatment but the nerve pain is horrid.

Visited in May 2014. Posted on 06 April 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 15 April 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in Orthopaedics. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Orthopaedic team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.