Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

293 total | 62 found in Accident and emergency services Show all reviews

Bev Elliot gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

NHS at its best

Returned from holiday with my husband unable to walk and with a very swollen leg. From the outset my husband was dealt with with efficiency, friendliness and all procedures were fully explained. As my husband has other health issues nothing was left to chance and he had every diagnostic procedure available to find the source of the problem. We were sent from one department to another and at each one the friendly, efficient attention was the same.

The staff were still suffering the effects of the cyber attack which played havoc with their systems but they did not show frustration, irritation or make excuses. These people work under extreme difficulties every day and it would have been understandable if they were less than efficient which just proves how lucky we are to have their services.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who dealt with us.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Emergency department.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065
• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk
• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Very professional care.

Just got back from A & E after attending with breathing difficulties earlier. Felt a bit lost and intimidated as it is about 20 years since I last attended, following an accident at work. Needn't have worried! Not knowing where it was, I got lost, but a porter very helpfully escorted me to the correct area. Had contact with 5 different nurses, in A & E and AAU,an X ray technician and a consultant, and every one of them was friendly, reassuring and helpful. Very many thanks to all, a service to be proud of!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Needs improvement with cleaning especially

The doctor was very good. The chairs in the waiting room were very uncomfortable when you are asked to wait for your results for hours sat on hard wooden chairs.

A man was sick near me. The contracted domestic never cleaned the floor. The family of the man wiped the sick up. Every time I've come to A and E in the last year within 24 hours I get Gastroenteritis.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Outstanding

Very satisfied with the level of care I received, the staff were incredible helpful, friendly and professional. The hospital waiting areas were clean and tidy. I was seen extremely quickly despite being advised that it could take several hours to be seen. I have nothing but praise for the hospital and staff at Hull Royal.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017

Ward 12

My 16 year old son was admitted to ward 12, an adult ward as he is at an age where he is not really classed as a child. All the staff who we came in contact with on ward 12 were absolutely amazing with my son and myself and my husband, they kept us all informed at all times and included us all, as a mother it's always hard when your child is ill, I felt really relaxed leaving him in their care. The staff we're funny, kind and above all very professional. You hear so much bad press regarding health care at the moment that I felt compelled to write a review to praise all the staff we came in contact with on all the different departments but special thanks to ward 12.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Ward 12 Hull Royal Infirmary team.

• Telephone: (01482) 623065
• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk
• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Shame on you

Dyspnoeic pregnant patient with asthma, referred by nhs 111. Got there within requested by the 111 operator time. Did not get seen for another 3 hours, all the time struggling to breathe. Was being told for last 2 hrs that I'm top of the list in red, did not result in anything. Did not even get a proper clinical exam! I do understand the strains and difficulties in working in a busy emergency depertment as have to deal with it myself as a veterinary surgeon. Nhs seems to have a strange way of prioritising cases! If I had the same approach in my own job would be struck off the Royal College os Surgeons in no time! Disgrace

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 04 February 2017

Self check in screens in A & E

Having been in the A & E department last week I feel there is a need to point out a few areas.

1 ) Data protection - The self check in screens are a good size and when in use everyone behind in the queue and in some waiting areas is able to see all details as they are entered. Name , DOB, Address , what you are attending for , all on display. A little more privacy is required here please .

2 ) Infection control - Again with the self check in screens. The screens were dirty having had many hands on them.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Thank you ED staff excellent service from NHS Hull

My wife fell on her hip. Within 3 hours assessed and on a ward awaiting surgery. Thank you to all the staff in ED . I'm sure you are all dedicated and work hard but you all seemed to enjoy what you do. Sorry didn't get your names but ta! Anyway . Keep it up

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

my dads ordeal within the hospital on more than 1 occasion

My dad suffers from progressive supranuclear palsy, losted the use of his legs, hands and his speech is not too good. Over the last 6 months he has been addmitted to the hospital many times, and we never get any answers whats going on with him. He has gone in with chest pains and loose bowels to be told by the doctor they would give him codeine to bung him up, only to have him stay in for 2 weeks with c diff. Another occasion the nurse said he needed to drink more as his sugars was low, i commented that there was 3 beakers of drinks on his bedside table and no one had helped him drink them because he could not do it himself, the answer i got from the nurse was its because we are short staffed, how long does it take to make sure a patient has a drink during the day? Another occasion a lovely nurse in the assessment rang me to ask if they could do a section 2 on my dad , asked what that was they told me he would be kept in for 2/3 days for a full assessment and his social team would be informed. Next day i go to visit was told he was going home, carers had not even been put in place, i had to use the telephone on the nurses desk to organise his care. Within 2 days he was back in the same bed, and the same nurse asked why he had not been moved, told the nurse he was discharged. But i have saved the best till last, on Monday 2nd January an ambulance was called and he was taken to the hospital from his home address, at 1.00 on a freezing morning he was discharged from the hospital and taken home to the wrong address. I got a phone call at 1.15 am asking me what they wanted to do with him. The transport team took him back to the hospital and i was told i would get a phone call later on in the morning. Yes i got a phone call at 10.00 saying that they had taken him back to the same place, asked why they had sent him there yet again, was told its the only address we have. Never complained before now because most of the time he is looked after and they are patient with him and most of the nursing staff know him because he is in so many times. But to send a vulnerable elderly gentleman with ill heath out on a freezing morning to the wrong address is inexcusable, to do it twice there is no words.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 January 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

John Brooks gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely fantastic

Been to A&E tonight after breaking my foot at home! They were brilliant! 7pm on a Friday night and I was seen with in half an hour. X rayed straight away, brief wait for the results , bandaged up and sent packing until Sunday for my appointment at the fracture clinic. Lovely friendly staff too

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 December 2016