Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

302 total | 52 found in Accident and emergency services Show all reviews

Kerrie gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

A&E

In and out of A&E in 45 minutes and that included x-rays. Staff were wonderful. Very please. Busy but efficient

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Mary Noden gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Great care of me by staff

I was admitted to ward 110 via A/E13/9/2017 discharged 15/9/2017 Further admission to Ward 7 via A/E. 17/9/2017 and discharged 19/9/2917. I would like to say what marvellous care I received from all the Drs, nurses, radiology,MRI, staff in sonography, Theatre staff and post -op recovery. I received totally professional care from all the staff. I was a bit 'befuddled' during both admissions, but I felt so cared for, the fears I had were recognised and all the staff were so reassuring. I was so impressed by the cleanliness of all areas. Whilst my appetite was reduced the catering staff tried their best to tempt me to eat. The Porter who took me to MRI dept was so very caring they actually made me feel cherished! Even taking care of my husband and daughter when they were very worried.
The consultant and their vascular team were wonderful, their expertise saved my arm and they took such effort to make sure I was pain free and comfortable . I should say I have recently retired from the DSU /HRI at the end of May 2017, having nursed for 50 years and I was truly impressed by everyone and thank them from the bottom of my heart ! The only criticism I can think of (and cannot be rectified by anyone) was surviving the noises of the hectic wards ! The Nurses were all great.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment from A & E

I attended the A & E department on the evening of 12th September feeling unwell. I was seen within 30 mins of arrival, I was then subjected to several tests including blood test, heart monitors etc. I was given a very thorough examination by a doctor, I was given further blood tests and xrays, which resulted in me being allowed home. The whole procedure took fours hours, which I considered excellent considering the tests and waiting for results. I was extremely impressed by the staff and doctor concerned and consequently my confidence has increased tremendously in the NHS and the excellent service they produce despite the current political climate. All the staff should be commended.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Andy Roughley gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Admitted to emergency department with shoulder pain

I would just like to say what a first class service I was provided by all members of the A & E department at hull royal on the 9th Aug. As a member of the armed forces I have little cause to use the NHS so having read a lot of negative press was unsure what too expect. I was absolutely amazed with the high quality, professional,efficient and compassionate treatment I received , every decision was explained and discussed with me,every member of staff from consultants, junior doctors , nurses and auxiliary nurses could not do enough to get to the bottom of my problem and assist in anyway. I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone working in A & E.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the emergency department.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary

Still waiting! ??

I had a fall on the 12 august straight onto the front of my head & nose, went to Beverley Hospital on the Monday for x-ray, they sent the results to Hull & said a junior had had a look & couldn't see anything. But will be in contact me very soon. Which I had a phone call from hull saying someone will get in touch with me for. Follow up appointment, as it was classed as a head injury, in a week. Still to this day I am waiting to hear from someone whether letter or phone call. My nose creeks & hurts like it's been hit & my eye brow bone is lumpy & hurts. To too it off I've had headache everyday since.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 28 August 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Richard L gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

A&E attendance

Attended A&E in the early hours of Wednesday 19 July on foot rather than blue light when I last attended with the same condition 2 years ago.

Observations
1) Signage poor with no obvious signs to A&E from front door
2) lights out nobody at front reception
3) followed 'red circles' which I recalled from a previous visit and found a nurse who guided me to 'minors'
4) receptionist guided me to 'self check-in' which I completed though the options did not reflect the severity of my condition.
5) I advised the receptionist of the key factors and was advised they would 'record them'
6) after over 90 minutes my wife raised my condition again and the receptionist response was to 'go and speak to a nurse'.
7) after this action I was taken straight through to Minors, then majors, then AAU then Cardiology.

Main issues
* lack of any obvious signage/directions
* lack of a effective triage system for assessing on arrival
* receptionists lack of interest/training/understanding and willingness to liaise directly with the nurses on duty.

Once seen by the first of several clinicians the service was good, the issue being over the arrival issues prior to that happening.

Should this condition happen again, I will again use a 999 blue light to go straight to Majors - this shouldn't be necessary if the front of house system and staff were fit for purpose.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 28 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 31 July 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in Accident and Emergency department. We will ensure your comments are shared with the (insert department name) team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

PWR gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

fantastic & thourough care

I attended following a dog bite that penetrated the nail of my forefinger. The very nice triage nurse saw me within about 15 minutes of me being there.
They cleaned my hand and noted the only injury was the fingernail/fingertip. There was a lot of blood so no one was sure up until then. The nurse offered me painkillers that I did refuse at the time.
20 minutes later when the shock of the injury had worn off a bit and the pain kicked in, I approached the nurses station to ask them if I could change my mind about the painkillers. The nurses were more than happy to give me painkillers and I had some within one minute of asking.
My care was then handed over to the Nurse Practitioner who was very thorough in their examination. They sent me for a x ray to make sure my finger end wasn't broken. The nurse gave me antibiotics and a tetanus injection. They then referred me to the plastics clinic who specialise in that kind of injury.
Overall I was very impressed with my experience and think all of the staff on shift the day, especially the nurse practitioner are a credit to the Trust.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Emergency department.

A&E visit

Would love to thank the A&E staff especially the Dr who my wife saw in the early hours this morning. She quickly received treatment, the staff were very friendly and provided great care. She is now home resting. Our NHS is a very special thing.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 17 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the A&E department.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

beds are appalling uncomfortable

staff in a e great staff and doctors great.complaint is beds are so uncomfortable mattress falls between the steel frame . I needed pillows on the top and even then could not rest in bed. The noise level all night long was dreadful did not sleep for 3 nights. never want that experience again worse than being in torture cell. Came home with anxiety and panic .Taken a week to start recovery.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 12 July 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in A&E. We will ensure your comments are shared with the appropriate team.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Thank you all for looking after my teenager.

Thank you for helping my son and his bad attack of tonsillitis. Took along time but was necessary to get a right diagnosis. Very clean waiting areas, staff friendly and helpfully.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Accident and Emergency team.