Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 7 found in Stroke services Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Stroke unit team doing a great job

I went through a & e on Saturday afternoon middle aged women with changes to the right side of face and vision and terrified. Apart from the self checking in a & e and the hard incompassionate receptionist I have to say this stroke team were amazing. From the triage a and e to the stroke nurse practitioner the ward day staff and on on duty consultant team I can say every team member did their job to perfection. Their manner was friendly professional they knew their subject even though my diagnosis took a different route the neurologist quickly identified the issue ordered the tests referred and I am awaiting ophthalmic s admission. The neurologist explanations were clear, at my level and treated me like a human being and the MRI staff dealing with someone very scared were so polite and reassuring. I have lived here for nearly 30 years never been admitted before and all I can say is thank you

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 11 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Stoke team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) and they can be contacted on:

• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Michael shimells gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Hyper acute stroke unit

I was admitted to hull royal infirmary after suffering a stroke in March this year. I was in hospital for 4nights and in that time of recuperation was able to witness 1st hand the intensity of care and professional service that the stroke team actually do for patients in their care.
From ambulance service to hospital staff and then the community stroke team my partner and I cannot thank you all enough for what you do .you all literally saved my life I can't imagine how I will ever be able to thank you for your commitment to giving me a 2nd chance at life thankyou

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 26 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Stroke department.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service at this unit

My son was referred by GP after having suspected TIR. Had every available test including two scans all in one day. Extremely thorough and was very pleased with professional service. Well done TIR clinic you're brilliant.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Stroke nurses & doctors

Husband admitted to HRI due to having a stroke. Staff were amazing. Staff competent, caring & always had a smile. Husband home now & doing great. Thank you to everyone involved on the stroke ward x

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 18 April 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Stroke Ward department/team.

Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Denise gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Thought the nursing profession was a caring profession !

You go to take care of your loved one who has been told could have another major stroke at any time to be upset by the nursing staff! Only asked for my Mum to go on the commode and was told she had to use the bedpan, once we had told the nurse my Mum can not use a bedpan due to a very bent spine and extreme pain in her lower back the nurse vanished for at least 5 minute's ! On their return we were told in a very brusk manore that you can only have 2 visitors per bed. Not once did this nurse smile ! Just looked very grumpy. They then proceeded to go through the full ward telling visitors ( only 2 per bed ) Now I know this is maybe the rule but surely there is a way of saying thing to people who are very worried about there loved ones. All of the staff were very happy until we requested the comobe for my Mum. If the staff don't mind you helping to feed you loved ones surely this should work both ways !! You are only there trying to take care and stimulate you very ill loved one! Who's life has been completely turned upside down ! leaving them very frightened !Instead you leave feeling very upset!

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 05 June 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 22 June 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience at Hull Royal Infirmary. We will ensure your comments are shared with the stroke team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

Anonymous gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Visit to the Stroke Clinic

All staff very helpful. Consultation with the doctor on time and very thorough. All necessary test, CTI. scan, ECG, echosound , blood sample all done very quickly. Did not expect to have all done so quickly, so very pleased

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 13 April 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 15 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the Stroke team.

If you need to discuss our services further, please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk.

Geraldine gave Stroke services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to Ward 110 from a grateful family

My mother was admitted to this ward on Christmas Eve following a stroke. The nursing care was excellent and my mother was treated with care and compassion at a very worrying time. The atmosphere on the ward was always calm and staff were friendly. The ward was clean and I would have no hesitation in recommending this ward as a place to be treated. On a wider note my mum was given treatment very quickly and we would like to thank the hospital for her very good outcome.

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 30 December 2015

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 15 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to add your comments to the NHS Choices website. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from patients and their families. We will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team on Ward 110.