Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

291 total | 3 found in Diabetic Medicine Show all reviews

Anonymous gave Diabetic Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Phone Call to Ward

Having Called HRI on Saturday 20th May to check how my elderly mother was Getting on I was sat with a constant ringing out tone no one bothered to answer the Phone on the ward ( 70) . and Three occasions between 8.45 and 11.00 as I do not live in Hull it is my only form of contact, in the end I asked to speak to someone in charge and lo and behold I was put through and someone picked up after 3 hours trying why is no one answering the phone? I am sure you are all busy doing whatever but come on it leaves a very nasty taste and great concern when you cannot get to the hospital due to living 100s miles away from Hull
A little more attention needed HRI .

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 20 May 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 23 May 2017

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience Ward 70 at Hull Royal Infirmary. We will ensure your comments are shared with Ward Sister and the team on Ward 70.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) who will be able to take further details and advise accordingly. The PALS service can be contacted on:

• Telephone: (01482) 623065
• Email: pals@hey.nhs.uk
• Online: https://www.hey.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/feedback/

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

John Brant gave Diabetic Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful service

After complaint about waiting referral time to see the diabetic service and still waiting. no response back from the PALS who have been as useful as a chocolate fireguard. The diabetic service for a trust that has its mission statement as 'patient centred' does what it wants, when it wants and clearly has a priority rating for whom they see from referrals. Colleague but different practice seen 8 times since June at Brocklehurst. i am still now after 12 weeks waiting still to get my first appointment there and they are determined to palm me to outlying clinic, not the specialist unit i wish to be seen at. Pals investigating but do not get back to you. It is all reflects in my experience a total lack of empathy with patients and indeed arrogance from the diabetic service. they respond back when they feel like it which to date is not at all. very very poor service from a trust that has not learnt from criticism from the Care Commissioners reports.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 26 July 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

John brant gave Diabetic Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Diagnosis without seeing you

The latest on this saga is that now the clinical lead has decided not to see me despite the G.P. referral to the service for my requirement to be insulin converted. The G.P. cannot give and manage the insulin to me hence the referral yet the clinical lead can decide without actually seeing the patient to send it back to the G.P. who cannot do any more. It is being managed to the maximum and requires now consultant led service. Clearly however not according to the clinician. Incredibly poor clinical practice. The risk of ketone acidosis is high and life threatening yet the diabetic service clinician can just disregard. This is beyond any printable words. Try to get your G.P. to refer you outside the diabetic service of this trust and especially the Brocklehurst.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 26 July 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.