Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

303 total | 1 found in Diagnostic Physiological Measurement Show all reviews

Brian Dalton gave Diagnostic Physiological Measurement at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

MRI Scan - Poor conditions

I visited HRI today for a MRI scan as part of my preparatory treatment for potential kidney transplant. Although the staff in the MRI facility were excellent, I must raise a concern over the condition of the room in which the MRI scanner is located. I expected to find a modern, clean and well lit facility but was extremely disappointed and concerned with the overall state of the room.
It was dingy and the lighting levels were very poor indeed - this also had an effect on how the staff carried out their work. It took three attempts for them to insert a cannula in my arm prior to the scan - this, I feel, was as a direct result of the poor lighting levels.
I would assume that the MRI scanner is an essential part of the diagnostics in a wide variety of medical conditions. For staff to be expected to work in such a poorly maintained facility is most concerning.
I would recommend an immediate assessment of the MRI scanner room to ensure that the working conditions are up to the same standard as the staff..!!! Many thanks in anticipation

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Hull Royal Infirmary replied on 06 September 2016

Thank you for placing your posting on the NHS Choices website. We are sorry to read of your recent experience in the MRI Department at Hull Royal Infirmary. We will ensure your comments are shared with the Radiology team.

In order to address the concerns you have raised, we would like to invite you to contact our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) on (01482) 623065 or email pals@hey.nhs.uk. They will be able to take further details and advise accordingly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to provide us with your views on local NHS services.

Patient Experience Department
Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.