Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Mixed service

My daughter recently had to be taken to A & E on two different occasions, on the first occasion 8th June she was referred to the GP by the computer and endured a 2 hour and 15 minutes wait. During this time, I had to ask for pain relief for her twice before she received anything and I also witnessed the receptionist texting on her phone which she had hidden under a piece of paper in a bid to keep it hidden but was fully visual to those who were seated at the rear of the desk!!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 19 June 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Dissatisfied

After waiting 5 months to be seen I was told I couldn’t have my tooth extracted there The girls where lovely the other member of staff made you feel uncomfortable only adding to the extreme phobia of dentist.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Clinic

Felt I had to send this in I’m often at the clinic for thyroid condition and under the. Care of usually the same 2 consultants whose now have become so familiar, and understand the complex issues regarding my cares this building and staff are so helpf friendly,
Nothing is too much trouble and consults explain everything , and my care are so, good as been admitted to the ward quite a few times too.
They work long hours and every one is treated with respect and dignity.
Well done to everyone that works here keep up the good work .

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 22 June 2018

From A&E to Eye Hospital in 24 hours

I attended A&E on a Sunday morning with an eye problem. I was seen promptly and examined by a very friendly and proficient registrar. I was them referred to the Eye Hospital and received an appointment for the next day. At this appointment the staff were again very friendly and I was seen on time with explanations for all my examinations. I can't fault the service, the system or the premises all were first class and the staff were superb. Thank you

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 28 June 2018

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Elderley Persons Medicine Outpatients

I accompanied my 83 year old Mother to an appointment and am pleased to report that the experience was very positive. My Mother was seen by the Dr and time was really taken with her. I am aware of GDPR however, I do wish to make special mention of one doctor in this department who has treated my Mother with the utmost respect and has been as thorough as is clinically possible with my Mother. Thank you.
Thanks also to all staff in that section and the frontline gentleman who ordered the taxi!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

Daft self check in

Self check in didn’t recognise me so went to reception desk and lady on desk said you check in there pointing to computer check in screen to,d her I had tried. She said what’s your name told her and she said done sit down and wait. Needs better attitude. Nurses were amazing moved me to room with bed when I got worse ie shaking violently due to infection. Doctor was nice and kind wasn’t English but spoke English really well. Couldn’t fault anything but reception check in and lady at reception desk.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Anonymous gave Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff

i was recently admitted to amu the staff were lovely and really kind. I was in a lot of pain and they settled me down for night with pain relief attention and care, was noisy ward but that’s to be expected . Really happy with everything.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Trish Nicoline gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Cedar Ward Staff are amazing

I had an operation last Thursday which was explained in full detail. The whole team on Cedar Ward are amazing. They were professional, talked with me and not at me. Looked after me exceptionally well, made lovely cups of tea when I wanted one. The ward was lovely and clean thanks to their cleaners who got on their hands and knees to even clean the frame under the bed. It was a quiet, calm atmosphere and even though I had to return a few days later following a very minor complication (Was not serious), the staff saw me immediately, sorted things and after a lovely cup of tea I was allowed home again. EXCELLENT

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Mrs Rehman gave Maternity services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 2 stars

I hope never again! Very disappointed

Midwife was brilliant, the rest of the staff could take a leaf out of her book! After spending 16 hours in the recovery area waiting for a bed following my Caesarean section once on Rowan ward it took 3 hours for a midwife to come and simply say hello, within these first 3 hours I had to buzz 4 times for someone to eventually bring me some pain relief. My husband popped out for 10 minutes, in this time the baby was crying so I buzzed and asked the midwife to please pass me my baby.. she looked disgusted and asked if I had a section, to which I replied yes and that the pain relief I took 15 minutes ago hadn't kicked in yet. Surely as a midwife they expect this to be part of the care they provide to mothers who have had a section??
Some breastfeeding advice given which was appreciated. Nil advice given on any specific post op instructions, adviced to take dressing off after 7 days that's all.
No advice given on the after care if any on the fact that my daughter was a Breech delivery. (She is still holding her legs in that position)
In fact according to the midwife doing the newborn check prior to discharge it wasn't documented in the notes that it was a Breech delivery, and it was only for the fact of how her legs presented that she put the question to my husband.
I work for the NHS and understand staff and bed crisis but that is not an excuse for poor care, lack of empathy and nil reassurance to a mother who has just had a c-section and may need some extra support.
These were just a couple of issues that stood out in my just over 24 hrs stay on this ward, I pushed to go home due to the lack of support and the way I was made to feel when asking for any kind of help. I feel very disappointed.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 09 July 2018

Paul gave Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Radiology Day Unit

Having had 2visits for treatment at the radiology day unit I can't praise it high enough. All the teams who treated me were fantstic. The team were brilliant I felt they really cared about me and my treatment. Dr and his team were so professional and caring. All the nurses and support team were brilliant.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018