Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Maxillofacial Doctors are brilliant

Son was referred from another hospital on a Sunday afternoon in November 2018 after suffering a football injury to his lip. Had a short wait in Emergency Department and then seen by a doctor. Later, he was joined by another doctor and they worked alongside each other. Both explained everything thoroughly as they 'stitched him up', knowing when to use humour and when to be serious. Cannot fault the treatment received at all. Thank you!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment in Eye Hospital

I recently attended Hull Royal Eye Hospital for cataract surgery and cannot praise the staff on Ward 35 enough. The whole experience was made easier due to the caring and considerate attitude. I found the nurses all very professional and efficient.....nothing was too much trouble and the whole procedure was explained, my questions were answered and I was made to feel comfortable throughout the whole process. We are so lucky in East Yorkshire to have this facility at our disposal. My grateful thanks to all at the Eye Hospital.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Frankenstein reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

Amazing staff

🤕🛏I have just spent my first night in a proper bed after a weeks stay in Hull Royal. Despite it was the most wonderful sleep imaginable, I woke up really missing the most amazing nurses, staff and people I have ever had the pleasure of getting know. I can’t express how utterly grateful for these super humans we should be. They see us at our most vulnerable, exhausted and tetchy selves yet still manage to see past that to help us get better. An experience that has made me stop and think and see life for what really matters.
Ward 60 Hull Royal are so hard working, friendly and caring, they need medals or some kind of acknowledgment. Hopefully in a few weeks, when I have fully recovered after my operation, I can pop in to thank them personally as me and not a patient. ❤️

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018 using Care Opinion

mr

even though we waite for 5 hours to do a test and magnetic scan, however, we have correct diagnosing, prescription and future appointments and very helpful staff

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

kevin58 gave Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Exam

Yesterday (24 September 2018) I was given a full Colonoscopy examination at the Hull Royal Infirmary Endoscopy unit (second floor of the tower building)

The hospital staff (Admin, Nurses and my Endoscopist) all explained how my treatment would progress and asked relevant questions regarding my health (historical and present) and I was treated with respect, in a way that I did not feel self conscience or in any danger to my person. Following the examination, I was told of how the examination went and given the relevant report explaining what was found and telling me of a future appointment with my Consultant, sometime in the near future.

All staff were professional and courteous throughout my outpatient procedure and I would definitely return to Hull Royal Infirmary should I need any further treatment.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 25 September 2018

Brief encounter

Had to visit the fracture clinic for a minor break in my wrist.the receptionist was extremely friendly and efficient as had to find my records from Beverley. I was seen on time then given a clear description of the break and the best treatment. Went to have it plastered where again the staff were cheerful, very helpful and efficient, even managing to remove a very tight wedding ring. Thank you everyone.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 02 September 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Samantha S gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Apart from a misunderstanding, very good treatment.

My experience whilst in resus onThursday was a very positive one (apart from the injury which put me there) I was treated very well and made to feel comfortable , I was sedated once and unfortunately my knee dislocated again on me coming too again, I then said something because I had a friend on the phone when this happened as I was on my own and the doctor who sedated me accused me of recording him (which I didn’t) and left me on the bed very distressed and he moved my phone and buzzer away from me, I don’t know how long it was until a nurse came and spoke to me about this, I explained quite tearfully what had happened and after this the dr apologised and my care was faultless (apart from no brace suitable so I’m still in plaster). After I left resus I was moved to ward 7 and was very pleased with the care I received. Made me feel reassured as Hull is not my local hospital (went to the deep and disaster struck). Thank you to everyone for the support from Thursday - Friday .

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 09 September 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Jack Halliday gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Wait time in A&E

I would love to know how the patient wait time differs for people, waiting over 3 hours to be seen whilst people have walked in and been seen way before us some after about half an hour to 40 minutes of walking in! I wouldn't mind but it's been every visit I have had! Been left waiting longer than nearly all the other patients!

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 22 September 2018

Children's A and E

Attended children's A & E with my daughter on a busy evening. All staff were polite and introduced themselves. They spoke directly to my child and not just me. Went straight through from triage to x-ray and them waited only about 20 minutes for treatment by a very helpful nurse practitioner.
Would not hesitate to attend again if needed. Thank-you.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 25 September 2018

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Jacqueline Crawford gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent High Quality Rapid Care

I visited the Emergency Care Department today following a visit to my GP resulting in a referral to Hull Royal Infirmary. When I arrived the department was easy to find, the self registration system was fairly simple to use, however, I did observe some people struggling with this and I believe some step by step clearer guidance would address this to some extent.

I was seen by a very polite caring doctor who was attentive and explained each step of his actions with reassurance. An emergency MRI was made within one hour of my visit and I was shown where I was to go by the doctor. Once in the MRI centre I was greeted by a radiographer who again explained the process clearly with reassurance. The MRI was lengthy but this only gave me assurance that every possible measures were being taken to ensure they captured any anomalies. She was lovely, very caring, polite and thorough in her approach.

I returned to the Emergency Care Department whilst a Consultant Neuro Surgeon analysed my MRI scan. I was called back into to see the doctor who confirmed the results and involved me in the process of how to deal with my ailment moving forward.

The whole experience took a few hours and left me feeling nurtured, that I was involved in every aspect of decision making, assured and confident that a care plan to deal with this was the right plan as I left the hospital. Thank you so much for being professional, caring and putting me at the centre of my visit.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018