Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

a and e admission following 111 call

I was admitted in the small hours of Monday morning last week for dehydration. From the initial call to 111, which resulted in an ambulance being sent, to being discharged the following day, the care I received was exemplary. The 111 operator was courteous and thorough. The paramedics arrived promptly and were kind, reassuring and efficient. The hospital staff were all professional, thorough and friendly throughout. Tests and treatment were given quickly and effectively. I am really grateful to all those involved and would not hesitate to recommend this service.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 15 April 2019

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Dawn North gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have suffered form Crohns disease for the last 10 years. The care I have been given by the gastroenterology team at Hull Royal Infirmary has been second to none. The staff, both on the ward and as an outpatient are kind, considerate, efficient, patient and caring. I have had 2 prolonged stays on the ward and, if it's possible to say this, my stays have been very enjoyable. This is due wholly to the care and consideration of all the staff-form the cleaners to the consultants.I am now having regular infusions on the ward and cannot speak highly enough of the nurses who care for me there. The treatment room itself is warm and welcoming-free coffee and biscuits as well! The staff are very friendly and immediately put me at my ease. Because of their level of care my treatment is made as quick and painless as possible. If I have had cause to ring the team they are always there with hep and advice. I know that every one does not receive this level of care and it is a bit of a 'postcode lottery' so I consider myself very blessed to be cared for by such a wonderful team. Thank you everyone and I hope you get to see these comments.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 07 March 2019

Bev Elliot gave Ophthalmology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Thank goodness for the NHS and its staff

I was fast-tracked to the Eye hospital for suspected Wet AMD and whilst the disease was unexpected and rapid, the staff were helpful, positive, friendly and supportive. I am now receiving treatment and very grateful to the NHS as a whole and the Eye Hospital in particular.

The clinic is well organised, efficient and waiting time is minimal. Information is provided, explanations given, questions answered and you are treated with kindness every step of the way.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 09 March 2019

My wifes broken wrist.

My wife was referred by Beverley Hospital to HRI with a broken wrist. Every aspect of the care she received was first class, we cannot thank them enough. And the facilities in Emergency Care are superb, most impressive.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 17 March 2019

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

lynn mayes gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

waited for 9 hours

my doctor sent me to the a c u unit at Hull royal suspecting i had a blood clot.On arrival i was quickly seen by two nurses who did basic tests ie blood pressure,blood tests heart monitor.Next i was sent to x-ray .I arrived at the hospital around 12;15 pm .All of the tests ect were completed within an hour .This is where the review gets worse .Myself and my partner were left for three hours before a doctor saw us .She examined me and sent me out again saying another consultant had to look at my test results.We were sat for another six hours before anyone called us ,only to be told nothing wrong with me .Obviously in the nine hour wait i kept asking why other people were being seen before me .I kept getting told you are next .One nurse was very rude when i told her i had been waiting nine hours she shrugged her shoulders saying everyone has been waiting we are busy .I asked other patients around me if they had been here and no one had been this long .I found a junior doctor to ask again ,the rude nurse shouted out “ i have told her once doctor “ Just who do these nurses think they are !!! She had just come on duty ,i had done nine hours ..I appreciate the staff have a lot of paper work but i can honestly say hardly anyone was being seen .Surely there could be another system where someone can look at the test results .So basically i waited for nine hours ,i am still in agony ,they told me nothing wrong with me and also when i asked the consultant who eventually saw me why it has taken this long he said i have worked since 7:30 am without a break .This is disgusting and not acceptable.

i have put accident and emergency on the drop down menu below but it was the a c u this is not on the list

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 26 March 2019

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Cedar ward 30 women and children’s

I was admitted to Cedar ward 30 for sterilisation, I waited around most of the day ready for theatre, all the staff I met from nurses to theatre staff to the surgeon, they were all lovely an explained everything. Although I wasn’t given any aftercare advice when I was discharged. My experience in hospital to be sterilised was much better than my time in women an Children’s having my children.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 09 March 2019

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

waiting times

although staff try there upmost to do the job in hand in giving relavent care and following procedures to implement care plans and so forth there still isn’t enough staff or amenities to follow up on this.. what I have seen this evening due to waiting time of been seen by a doctor is getting more and more ludicrous more needs to be implemented to be put in place for the care and wellbeing of patients, also lack of facilities for patients to use ie- toilets , water machines and comfortable seating areas, has many are aware it isn’t very good to see patients to be seated on wooden chairs for 5 and more hours due to lack of staff. The patient I brought into A&E was very uncomfortable due to illness so seating area needs to be more comfortable has I witnessed patients been waiting 7 hours on them chairs . Things need more implementation.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Gary gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

IBD Nurses and doctors 100% incredible. Ward 100

This was my first ever stay in hospital and in four nights I realised how hard these people work. I was treated for a bad flare up of u,c but also had lots of other things going on and the care I was given, both physically and emotionally was beyond what I expected. First I must mention the IBD nurses and doctors, they assessed me made a plan, delivered the medication and kept me informed from start to finish whilst I recovered. All we hear about is the nhs being on it’s knees which I’m sure financially it is but to see these people going about there work you wouldn’t know it.
The general nurses, auxiliaries, catering staff and cleaners on ward 100 work so hard and as a team, all the time creating a friendly atmosphere, at a time when I needed it the most this really helped me.
I personally couldn’t thank all the staff enough.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 02 March 2019

Excellent A&E treatment

A visit to A&E this Sunday morning was a very positive experience. A short wait and a very thorough examination by a Nurse Practitioner, followed within 10 minutes by an X ray and a report back from the same practioner 20 minutes after, with an appointment arranged for the Fracture Clinic tomorrow morning. A thoroughly professional and caring approach! One complaint - the touch screen of the rapid checkin could be more responsive!!

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 24 February 2019

Sarah gave Nephrology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic, Caring Professionals

My mum receives outstanding care from all involved in her post-transplant care.
Whenever I ask about her weekly appointment I am always told of a positive experience. It sounds to me that they have fantastic "Bedside Manner" in this department. Mum is treated with respect, listened to and the team are so focused on keeping her kidney functioning and giving her a better standard of living. I cannot praise this team highly enough.
The review doesn't allow names which is a shame because the doctor is a doctor with particularly high standards of care.
If the team get to reads this, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking such good care of my mum.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 01 February 2019