Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

Kerrie gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

A&E

In and out of A&E in 45 minutes and that included x-rays. Staff were wonderful. Very please. Busy but efficient

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

SuzyL100 reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

Not sure what the answer is.

I have explained countless times that I cannot do Thursday appointments.
Eventually I thought I had finally won when I received an appointment for a Tuesday. This was cancelled and moved to a Monday. So far so good.
Then this was cancelled. New appointment ............. wait for it on a Thursday.
When you ring the number on the letter and after a 30 minute wait I am told that I need to contact the eye hospital. They give me a number. After 20 minutes I give up. Will try again tomorrow.
This appointment is for something that I really am worried about. So to keeping doing this is really stressing me out which is not helping at all.
Not sure what the answer is.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Hopeful1955 reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

We had being away on holiday on the way back my husband started having pains...

We had being away on holiday on the way back my husband started having pains and burning in his side and back. So when we got off the bus we went to Hull royal infirmary A and E department.
We booked in on self referral and put he was in a lot of pain which was a ten. We had been sat an hour people were getting seen before us so I asked the nurse where he was in the queue and that people had been coming in after him. I thought the nurse was quite rude telling me it does work like that I appreciate people who are worse jump the queue. But I got told he was nonetheless and could be put down on line.
Told them he was in a lot of pain told me we did not put that but we did. I know things can happen with errors on computer. But to be told it did not matter is not very nice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

Both my husband and I have needed there services of this department over the last 18 months and can only say the staff have been amazing.
Particularly the clinical staff have showed an enormous capacity to care about us as individuals as well as getting on with our clinical needs.
Going forward my father is also going to be cared for and I will need monitoring for the foreseeable future - but I am extremely confident that we will be cared for to the highest possible level.
Great team and great facilities.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment from A & E

I attended the A & E department on the evening of 12th September feeling unwell. I was seen within 30 mins of arrival, I was then subjected to several tests including blood test, heart monitors etc. I was given a very thorough examination by a doctor, I was given further blood tests and xrays, which resulted in me being allowed home. The whole procedure took fours hours, which I considered excellent considering the tests and waiting for results. I was extremely impressed by the staff and doctor concerned and consequently my confidence has increased tremendously in the NHS and the excellent service they produce despite the current political climate. All the staff should be commended.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Andrew chapman gave Neurosurgery at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Relieved

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the surgeon and their team and all the nurses on ward 4 I had an operation to remove a disc in my neck last week it all went very well I was up an about the same day thanks to your hard work an care !! :-) :-)

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

100% care from admission to leaving ward 100

After being referred from the doctor with deranged Lft’s my son was admitted onto the acute assessment unit within minutes of arriving at the hospital he were given a bed & had bloods & appropriate observations done, I were reassured my son was in very good hands by the prompt treatment & attention he received, he waited a couple of hours and was transferred to ward 100 where they appeared equally attentive to the boy’s condition, spending 10 days at the ward having every test possible being done he were reassured throughout his stay he was in the very best of hands starting from the nurses to the doctors who were by his side continuously observing his condition & medical needs, the domestic team who thoroughly cleaned the room & always had a friendly smile, he enjoyed his sandwiches & was always offered an alternative drink such as milk or juice as he doesn’t drink tea or coffee, he didn’t eat much on the meal side as he’s a typical teenager but were encouraged to choose a healthy option, the staff in this ward work extremely hard to make the patients stay as comfortable as possible with 100% care & compassion
. What my son did find difficult was the 4 hr wait in the discharge room, I understand the pharmacy can only process so many prescriptions and have the whole hospital to deal with but a room full of elderly people really didn’t have the patience or understanding & the staff deserve a medal for having to listen to constant moaning, why is there such a long wait & is there another strategy in place for thought maybe a delivery system for some vulnerable & elderly patients. What I were surprised with was the cost of the tv system in place £27 for only 3 days which I think is a silly amount of money, I were disappointed in the parking available for the hospital & wasn’t aware the hospital did a parking pass for £10 the 1st week and I had spent £6 per day at the car park opposite the eye hospital which I now understand is private and not owned by the hospital, there were not enough spaces in the morning at the hospital car park people were driving round & round so I think a multi car park is now needed at Hull royal.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Yvette reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

A big thank you to everyone involved in my care

I was admitted to A and E in the evening by ambulance - as, when the community nurse removed the packing of my leg wound it would not stop bleeding. I was transferred to the Acute Assessment Unit later than evening, and then Ward 500 the following day.
Following intravenous fluids and antibiotics during my stay my wound has much improved and I feel better than I have felt in months.
Through this site I want to say a big thank you to everyone involved in my care - the doctors and nurses, and also the cleaners and everyone else working behind the scenes. Everyone was clearly very busy but also very caring and professional

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Anonymous gave Neurology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Saw nurse at the clinic not happy very abrupt.

Appalled at the way a nurse spoke to my daughter at the epilepsy clinic .who they told in a very abrupt manner that she had epilepsy, even after i said i think its a lot to take in the nurse still continued to be abrupt and focus on worst case scenario even when it was plain to see my daughter's eyes were very red but Halle managed to stop herself crying until we left the clinic.Really unhappy with the treatment its huge shock for anyone to told they have epilepsy.I was brought with my dad who had this not nice to be spoke to that way !!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

Jodie gave Gynaecology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Waiting for results 7 weeks!!!!!!

Went to have abnormal cells removed and a biopsy been seven weeks of worrying!!!!!! I phone hospital a week ago they said they had the results would send them out as couldn't tell me over the phone still not recived nothing good or bad news I think it's wrong how long u leave us worrying it's a joke

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017