Hull Royal Infirmary

01482 875875 Anlaby Road , Hull, HU3 2JZ

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Resus & orthopaedic team

The resus team and the orthopaedic team were very good, organised and good communication between both sets of staff and to the relatives
Make a hard situation alot easier

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 10 January 2019

Hull Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

John Fines gave Accident and emergency services at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Breathing Difficulties (COPD)

Whilst suffering from worsening breathing and getting little help from GP, I turned to 111. who had a medic ring back, during the conversation they wanted to send ambulance but I felt that it did not warrant this, and promised to go to A&E next day, having booked in, was seen within 10mins and then by doctor within the hour, the difficulties in Breathing caused by chest infection, from then it was just a matter of time waiting for a bed in AAU. Every aspect of my time in A&E and AAU was faultless and the staff are kind and caring.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 December 2018

hull lady reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

Doctors were brilliant with my autistic 3 year old

Was in A&E with my daughter, she wasn't very well and struggling with her breathing. It's the first time we've had to go to hospital with her and was dreading how she was going to be specially if the doctors needed to do anything to her.
Soon as the doctor knew she was Autistic and nonverbal he was absolutely brilliant with her, took his time with her so she did not become stressed when they needed to take her oxygen levels he had someone come in and blow bubbles to distract her. I cant believe how stress free they made it - it was lovely the way they was with her.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 02 December 2018 using Care Opinion

Maxillofacial Doctors are brilliant

Son was referred from another hospital on a Sunday afternoon in November 2018 after suffering a football injury to his lip. Had a short wait in Emergency Department and then seen by a doctor. Later, he was joined by another doctor and they worked alongside each other. Both explained everything thoroughly as they 'stitched him up', knowing when to use humour and when to be serious. Cannot fault the treatment received at all. Thank you!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Anonymous gave at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Ward 40 Hull Royal Infirmary

My son has recently been a patient on Ward 40 Trauma Unit. We were appalled at his care, the nursing management of serious injuries, the failure to communicate critical information regarding injuries between shifts,which led to inappropriate management, the bad attitude of several of the nursing staff.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 20 November 2018

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment in Eye Hospital

I recently attended Hull Royal Eye Hospital for cataract surgery and cannot praise the staff on Ward 35 enough. The whole experience was made easier due to the caring and considerate attitude. I found the nurses all very professional and efficient.....nothing was too much trouble and the whole procedure was explained, my questions were answered and I was made to feel comfortable throughout the whole process. We are so lucky in East Yorkshire to have this facility at our disposal. My grateful thanks to all at the Eye Hospital.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Derek Hill gave Ophthalmology at Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Excellent outcome following cataract surgery

I have now had both eyes operated on. Amazing results. Thanks to all staff. Brilliant team.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 January 2019

Frankenstein reviewed Hull Royal Infirmary

Amazing staff

🤕🛏I have just spent my first night in a proper bed after a weeks stay in Hull Royal. Despite it was the most wonderful sleep imaginable, I woke up really missing the most amazing nurses, staff and people I have ever had the pleasure of getting know. I can’t express how utterly grateful for these super humans we should be. They see us at our most vulnerable, exhausted and tetchy selves yet still manage to see past that to help us get better. An experience that has made me stop and think and see life for what really matters.
Ward 60 Hull Royal are so hard working, friendly and caring, they need medals or some kind of acknowledgment. Hopefully in a few weeks, when I have fully recovered after my operation, I can pop in to thank them personally as me and not a patient. ❤️

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 29 October 2018 using Care Opinion

mr

even though we waite for 5 hours to do a test and magnetic scan, however, we have correct diagnosing, prescription and future appointments and very helpful staff

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

kevin58 gave Hull Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Exam

Yesterday (24 September 2018) I was given a full Colonoscopy examination at the Hull Royal Infirmary Endoscopy unit (second floor of the tower building)

The hospital staff (Admin, Nurses and my Endoscopist) all explained how my treatment would progress and asked relevant questions regarding my health (historical and present) and I was treated with respect, in a way that I did not feel self conscience or in any danger to my person. Following the examination, I was told of how the examination went and given the relevant report explaining what was found and telling me of a future appointment with my Consultant, sometime in the near future.

All staff were professional and courteous throughout my outpatient procedure and I would definitely return to Hull Royal Infirmary should I need any further treatment.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 25 September 2018