Charing Cross Hospital

020 3311 1234 Fulham Palace Road , London, W6 8RF

Arun reviewed Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital

Operation not done - sent home after waiting several hours!

My 74-year old (severely disabled, receiving full - time care & a carer visiting 3 times a day) father had his Pre-Op assessment on 03/10 & was to be admitted on 10/10/17 for neurosurgery on 11/10. My father attended the Pre-Op on the 3rd. He then received a telephone call on 09/10 to confirm that he will be admitted on the 10th & the hospital nurse also arranged for transport service to collect my father from his flat to the hospital. Upon arrival at the hospital, my mother & father were told to wait in a room. After waiting serval hours, my mother was told by a nurse that my father wasn't going to be admitted today because of an infection, but was told to wait for confirmation by the doctor. After waiting several hours my father was told by the doctor that his operation will have to postponed as he's got an infection. He was not given any instructions on what to do next or whether he was to be prescribed any medication to treat the infection! He was sent home stating they will write with another date for the operation. I'm so concerned about the lack of patient care & serious shortfall in communication! On top of the very bad communication, the doctor who saw my father had no further information on what the 'infection' was nor did they give any advice or prescribe any medication to resolve the condition that prevented the operation from going ahead!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for your email and I am sorry that your Mother and Father had a poor patient experience at one of our hospitals.

Could you please email me on martin.bowler@imperial.nhs.uk and let me have your fathers full name, date of birth and also hospital/NHS number (if known) so we can have this looked into for you.

Martin

Pomegranate gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Oral surgery wastes time

Was told from referral to treatment will be 6 weeks, it is now over 9 weeks. In pain with a fractured wisdom tooth, have no idea what's happening. Hard to contact the department. Was told to just wait. very disappointed.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 19 September 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is concerned about your posting on NHS Choices and wishes to apologise to you for your experience in our Oral Surgery clinic at Charing Cross Hospital. We would really like to speak to you and be able to look into this further. In the meantime I have forwarded your posting to the service manager for Oral Surgery. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) can be contacted on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Made us wait for more than 3 hours

Our appointment was at 10:40am, we were admitted at 3:30pm. Unbelievable! Avoid this clinic if you have a choice.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 02 October 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is very concerned about your feedback posted on NHS Choices and wishes to sincerely apologise to you for the delay you had in the Orthopaedic Department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. We would like to encourage you to contact PALS on either 0203 313 0088 or email pals@imperial.nhs.uk

Ahmed M Ali gave Urology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 4 stars

urethral stricture

I had urethral stricture by specialists. I would like to thanks them and Anaesthesia team.
regardless been in recovery room for 6 hours till they a bed for me. staff are very nice and helpful in recovery room , thanks for them . been in first floor , river side , nice and polite staff, thanks to all of them who looked after me for 2 nights .

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 02 October 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the Urology, Anaesthesia team and the staff on Recovery and Riverside ward at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Michael Hurley gave Dermatology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Skin Problem

Attended to day 08/09/2017 for skin problems. I was seen promptly, the Doctor who
examined was polite professional and clinical. I have the highest praise for them and thankful for their help

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 11 September 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding your experience in our Dermatology Clinic at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

BobM gave Neurosurgery at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 4 stars

My good experiences of CC Hospital neurosurgery

I have had decompressive surgery twice at CCH, in 2008 and 2009.
The clinical and nursing staff were great, but the place was rather grubby. The outsourced cleaners were not well-motivated and not adequately supervised.

I have been back three times, recently, for scans and appointments.
Only one was late, by ten minutes!
I fear that satisfied patients are not giving positive feedback, as they should be.

I would not have been in a position to post this, had CCH not sorted me out in 2008.
Thank you to the neurologists and neurosurgeons at CCH.

Bob

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 30 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 31 August 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback which I have passed on to the Neuro sciences team and also the housekeeping team.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Neurology inpatient

I have been a neurology inpatient for close to a month, and am soon finally to leave hospital. Recovery has not been easy, but the staff are all caring and hard working, despite some difficult circumstances.
I want to particularly commend and thank the neurology team of doctors - the whole team, from the most senior consultants, to the junior doctors and medical students all had a fantastic bedside manner, were excellent at explaining what was going on, and went out of their way to make sure patients were informed and reassured.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 15 September 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding your experience with our Neurology Team at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Anonymous gave Urology at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seventh floor, Northward - Urology...Amazing!

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to all of the staff who looked after my Grandad on the 7th floor North ward- Urology.

The care that they gave him was excellent. Sadly he passed away on the 12th August, but that wasn't without the fight and determination from the team to keep him alive. We just cant thank them enough even after he passed the support and care they gave us was amazing.

These nurses need to be more recommended!!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 13 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 14 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust would like to firstly offer our sincere condolences on the loss of your Grandfather and wish to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback at this very sad time on NHS Choices regarding your Grandfather’s care on 7 North ward at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Lisa gave Accident and emergency services at Charing Cross Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Highly recommend

I went to Charing Cross with a worrying problem that had been seen to the previous day by another hospital. My reason going again was I woke in worse state, and was not happy with how I was treated in the previous place. I normally go to Charing Cross so that'll show me not to change. Anyways...from the moment I walked in I was seen to shortly after by the triage nurse and they then decided to send me through to a&e. I was then seen by one nurse quite rude, got the impression they felt like my matter was ridiculous. Then a trainee doctor ran through all the details again, they couldn't of been better! Helped me with pain relief and comfort right away, requested for all the tests she found necessary to rule out major issues. I was there a long time however I didnt mind I left feeling slighly better in the pain department but completely reassured that there was nothing major wrong. And that in time I will feel better with my prescription. I only went to a&e cause my gp couldn't see me, but they wouldn't of been able to give me them answers. So I am glad I went to Charing Cross!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am glad that we were able to help.

I will pass this on to the A&E management team for you and please accept my sincere apologies that one of our team was rude to you as this should never be the case.

lkjh reviewed Charing Cross Hospital

Well beyond the call of duty.

Thank you to the lovely staff at Mr Mufthi's clinic who really helped my anxious mother. And a big thank you to the kind girl (? Ms Fagan) who went well beyond the call of duty to ring her home when she was worried she had left the tap running and couldn't remember the number.
Even better, she got the all clear.
Thanks to you all.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Charing Cross Hospital replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback which I have passed on to the team for you.