Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

125 total | 24 found in Accident and emergency services Show all reviews

Debbie Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Salisbury District Hospital following skiing injury

I visited Accident and Emergency following a skiing lesson whereby I had injured my hand. I was seen by a triage nurse, a radiograoher and a second nurse who applied a dressing, and I was advised to return the following morning to see a consultant. My hand was x-rayed again and I spent some time with a physiotherapist. From the first person who booked me in at A & E reception through to the nurses and physiotherapists I cannot sing the praises of the NHS, and in particular the team at this hospital highly enough for their courtesy and professionalism. I did not have to wait an excessive amount of time in any of the departments and I did not feel rushed either when discussing my injury. This was a most positive experience in an unfortunate situation. A very big thank you to the team at Salisbuy, they are all doing a fantastic job.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Couldn’t wait to get rid of me!

You can’t have it both ways wanting people to use NHS websites and self medicate and then treat them as idiots when that does not work. The published NHS guidelines said if it persists to seek help, the walk in centre was closed and this was the only available facility. The treating nurse might not think it’s an emergency but I had severe pain radiating into the jaw from the ear with right sided deafness. Unfortunately in her haste to get me gone she failed to realise this was due to an infection which needed treatment. I appreciate you don’t want to be snowed under with minor complaints but would a bit of empathy and a script for antibiotics bring the system to its knees?

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally unacceptable service needs urgent review.

The hospital has shown my daughter and her
Husband absolutely no compassion and have failed to keep them up to date with how they are progressing in the que. my daughter left centre parks in Longleat at approximately 2130 hours to go to Salisbury hospitality. It is now 0300 and they have still not left the hospital. Our granddaughter who is 2 years old has fallen out of bed and requires her head gluing which you would think is not
To difficult to do. My daughter also has her 4 week old daughter with her. I fully appreciate that the hospital is a really busy place and that the staff are doing the best they can however I find it difficult to believe that the processes that the
Hospital are using in A and E are effective. Instantly I see that they need to give each individual family more feedback on waiting times instead of the usual expected time
Guess which is usually way out. Maybe the hospital could try showing some
Compassion or having an electronic board which would show all visitors where
They are in the que and also include if they get put back because of emergencies that
We all understand happen and fully
Support. Maybe the occasional friendly tannoy apologising for the time being taken with an brief statement of what is causing the long wait times even if that info is as simple as we are
Very sorry but due to our understaffing we are
Blah blah blah. To conclude we fully appreciate and support our NHS staff but
Something needs to be done to improve this service so that all involved have the best possible experience and children especially the
Very young and very elderly don’t get left untreated for hours and hours.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points here that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please can you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374 208. Thank you.

Mark T gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Arrived in A&E for the second time in 18 months and on both occasions was looked after with the highest of standards from diagnosis through to the x-ray department and the treatment from the consultant and his team along with the follow up appointments after.

I can say that I was fully informed by the staff at every visit as to what was going on with me whilst I was there.

I found the atmosphere to be uplifting with a sense of humour with me personally which helped no end.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that all our teams involved in your care looked after you well when you were with us at Salisbury District Hospital. We will pass on your thanks to the teams concerned.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional hospital

Walked into A&E and was treated quickly, with respect and with professional attitude, thorough service and follow up. I am from out of this area and was treated so well.
Thank you for your time and care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are glad that you were seen quickly and efficiently by our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and your support of our hospital.

Extremely unhelpful and wasting time

Referred by the Walk In Centre for the suspect exposure to the Nerve Agent and unexplained symptons for potential protocols for Nurve Agent treatment. Seen by the Practice Nurse, extremely unhelpful, no blood test has been taken and no reassuring for anything, (there is not any publication regarding to the nerve agent and long term symptons), how could the clinicans say people are fine without even been proper checked and taken the blood test? No assurance and really concered for the service provide to other potential nerve agent exposure paitent, it was a totally waste of my time.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 05 April 2018

We are sorry that you were unhappy with your treatment. However we would like to reassure you that in patients without specific characteristic symptoms of nerve agent poisoning there is no need for a blood test.

Treatment for son in A&E

We turned up expecting to wait for a while. My son was assessed, x-rayed, diagnosed and treated within an hour. All the staff were execellent, kind and super efficient. Thank you

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 March 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 05 April 2018

We are sorry to hear that your son needed to visit A&E. We hope he has now made a full recovery. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We’ll ensure we pass on your comments to the A&E team.

Janet C gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency - wonderful treatment !

I was referred to Accident & Emergency by 111 suffering from (for me a frightening) and for anyone an embarrassing condition. From the Receptionist to all the nurses and doctors and a consultant that I met, the care was effective and excellent. I was treated quickly and professionally but, very importantly with respect and outstanding kindness. I was impressed with the efforts made to guard my privacy. Everything was explained to me and to the friend who accompanied me. The staff were enthusiastic and cheerful through out.
I cannot thank the Hospital and the A&E Department enough.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 09 February 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback and we are glad that staff in our A&E looked after you with such care and gave you the privacy that you needed within the department. We will pass on your thanks to the team.

Maureen gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency Department, Duty Doctor and Ward

Had to visit A@E department last night as I had been feeling extremely ill the last few days
and was feeling worse as time went on.
From the time I booked in at A@E to seeing the duty doctor and my time spent in amu was a first class treatment, every thing was explained at each stage of my examination/treatment
and all the staff were very polite at all stages of my treatment.

Many thanks to you all

Maureen

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 15 February 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are glad that staff in our A&E and the Acute Medical Unit looked after you well and you received excellent care and treatment. We will pass on your comment to the teams involved.

Emily gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

We visited the hospital as my partner had a nasty cut to his knee and although we are not local it was the nearest hospital. We were very impressed with the service we received from the nurse who stitched him up. Despite being busy she had an excellent bed side manner and really put us at ease. Unfortunately as expected, there was a very long wait of 3 hours but the care was absolutely fantastic and could not have asked for a better service. Shame about the timewasters in the waiting room!!

Keep it up Salisbury.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 26 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 27 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we’re glad that our staff in A&E looked after you well and that you were pleased with the care that you received. Best wishes from the team here in Salisbury.