Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

117 total | 25 found in Accident and emergency services Show all reviews

Samantha gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

I took my 2 year old son to a&e this morning, we were dealt with promptly and with such care by everyone we met at the hospital. Every member of staff ensured my son was as relaxed and as calm as possible during the time we were there. Fantastic, caring, professional staff. Thank you.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 18 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for your kind words – we will pass on your feedback to our Emergency Department

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E Department

The process of confirming whether I was having a heart attack was explained clearly to me. by a steady stream of friendly staff at each stage . After 8 hours I left with the promise of an appointment in the near future with the cardiology clinic. From the paramedics to the last Doctor I saw at 1.00am, the process could not have been handled more smoothly or reassuringly.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 03 March 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for reviewing our Accident & Emergency service, and we are encouraged that your experience was so positive.

Jo Wheatley gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cat scratch injury

From the minute I went to A & E with what I thought was just an infected cat bite, I was treated brilliantly, I was seen very quickly, and everything explained to me. I had to go straight to to theatre as the bite was infected. All the staff before theatre were so lovely, as was the person who took me down. The staff on the ward were also lovely. I couldn’t have hoped for better care from start to finish. I was on the ward for 2 days and nothing was to much trouble. I have also received aftercare, and again, all staff were fantastic. Nobody wants to be admitted unexpectedly, but the care I had was second to nothing

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 06 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony Edmonds gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E + AMU ward

I went to A & E on 31st March and was dealt with promptly and professionally. Turns out I had pneumonia which was quickly diagnosed. Everyone in that department was so helpful and caring. Then got transferred to the AMU where my good care continued, Doctors were informative and had the time to explain my diagnosis and treatment. The nurses were helpful and caring throughout and how they can retain a smile and be so helpful at the end of a 12+ hour shift is beyond me, but thank goodness they do.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 14 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – we will pass on your comments to our Emergency Department and AMU.

Peter Wesley gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E, Tisbury ward care etc

I arrived at A&E where the care was imediate and very thorough and prompt before admission to Tisbury ward for investigation and eventual insertion of a pacemaker. I stayed for 6 nights and the care on the ward (Bay 3) was most kind and thorough and all staff at all levels that I came into contact with were helpful, good humoured and extremely professional. The extra difficulty of a case of nor virus clearly added to their task. The unit that performed the angiogram and the insertion of the pacemaker came over as a slick and very professional team with very high standards of care and support at what is a troubling time for patients. Ready explanations in lay terms were always offered with good humour and support and the doctor who performed the procedure was truly brilliant in his personal approach. I cannot rate my care and treatment too highly.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 11 January 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 12 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that our cardiology team looked after you so well. We will pass on your thanks to the team.

Visit to A&E

My daughter was unwell while we were visiting friends in Salisbury. We were dreading having to attend an A&E as our experience at home in Ireland has been daunting to say the least (12 hours on occasion lying on a stretcher if you’re lucky). However from the moment we arrived the professionalism and attention we were given was remarkable. We were seen by a lovely triage nurse within 15 mins and within half an hour were seen by the doctor. This doctor has truly found her vocation in life. She had it all! Her initial history taking was very detailed. Her bedside manner was professionally but put the patient at ease therefore getting a very thorough history as a result. She had a 4 th year student doctor with her whom she engaged with in a teaching capacity and made the whole experience for everyone very positive and productive. The end result was we left A&E within 2 and a half hours with a satisfactory and reassuring outcome. I would have to say this was the most positive experience I have ever had in any hospital. Well done to everyone.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 21 December 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 12 February 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you were pleased with the care your daughter received from our staff. We hope she enjoyed the rest of her stay in Salisbury. We will pass on your thanks to the team.

Debbie Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Salisbury District Hospital following skiing injury

I visited Accident and Emergency following a skiing lesson whereby I had injured my hand. I was seen by a triage nurse, a radiograoher and a second nurse who applied a dressing, and I was advised to return the following morning to see a consultant. My hand was x-rayed again and I spent some time with a physiotherapist. From the first person who booked me in at A & E reception through to the nurses and physiotherapists I cannot sing the praises of the NHS, and in particular the team at this hospital highly enough for their courtesy and professionalism. I did not have to wait an excessive amount of time in any of the departments and I did not feel rushed either when discussing my injury. This was a most positive experience in an unfortunate situation. A very big thank you to the team at Salisbuy, they are all doing a fantastic job.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Couldn’t wait to get rid of me!

You can’t have it both ways wanting people to use NHS websites and self medicate and then treat them as idiots when that does not work. The published NHS guidelines said if it persists to seek help, the walk in centre was closed and this was the only available facility. The treating nurse might not think it’s an emergency but I had severe pain radiating into the jaw from the ear with right sided deafness. Unfortunately in her haste to get me gone she failed to realise this was due to an infection which needed treatment. I appreciate you don’t want to be snowed under with minor complaints but would a bit of empathy and a script for antibiotics bring the system to its knees?

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally unacceptable service needs urgent review.

The hospital has shown my daughter and her
Husband absolutely no compassion and have failed to keep them up to date with how they are progressing in the que. my daughter left centre parks in Longleat at approximately 2130 hours to go to Salisbury hospitality. It is now 0300 and they have still not left the hospital. Our granddaughter who is 2 years old has fallen out of bed and requires her head gluing which you would think is not
To difficult to do. My daughter also has her 4 week old daughter with her. I fully appreciate that the hospital is a really busy place and that the staff are doing the best they can however I find it difficult to believe that the processes that the
Hospital are using in A and E are effective. Instantly I see that they need to give each individual family more feedback on waiting times instead of the usual expected time
Guess which is usually way out. Maybe the hospital could try showing some
Compassion or having an electronic board which would show all visitors where
They are in the que and also include if they get put back because of emergencies that
We all understand happen and fully
Support. Maybe the occasional friendly tannoy apologising for the time being taken with an brief statement of what is causing the long wait times even if that info is as simple as we are
Very sorry but due to our understaffing we are
Blah blah blah. To conclude we fully appreciate and support our NHS staff but
Something needs to be done to improve this service so that all involved have the best possible experience and children especially the
Very young and very elderly don’t get left untreated for hours and hours.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points here that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please can you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374 208. Thank you.

Mark T gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Arrived in A&E for the second time in 18 months and on both occasions was looked after with the highest of standards from diagnosis through to the x-ray department and the treatment from the consultant and his team along with the follow up appointments after.

I can say that I was fully informed by the staff at every visit as to what was going on with me whilst I was there.

I found the atmosphere to be uplifting with a sense of humour with me personally which helped no end.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that all our teams involved in your care looked after you well when you were with us at Salisbury District Hospital. We will pass on your thanks to the teams concerned.