Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

David Sargent gave Vascular surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Bank holiday treatment exceptional

Arriving at A and E at 0900 bank holiday Sunday with a suspected stroke I was expecting a difficulty time

The treatment was however immediate and exceptional . Ct scans and blood tests were completed before I had fully regained my senses. Transferred to Winterslow where amazed to find a stroke clinic in operation under supervision of senior consultant on a holiday Sunday morning.

Treatment then ongoing until departure on Monday evening feeling much better and very relieved as to prognosis.

Extremely professional very well drilled group of people.

David S

David Sargent

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 04 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to get in touch. We are glad to hear that you were so well cared for. We will pass your kind words to all of the teams involved in your care. May we wish you a very speedy recovery.

Maddie Burrell gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Lovely staff

I recently had a tonsillectomy at Salisbury District Hospital and they were just fabulous! Very involved in my care, checked on me every 30 minutes, were friendly and co-operated well with my husband. Thank you to everyone on the Day Surgery Ward, you're all fantastic!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 16 April 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Angiogram

Today my hubby saw a particular consultant His team were amazing smiling helpful and made him feel calm as very worried with the procedure every one except the consultant who frankly my husband felt it was beneath him to reassure him as it was very quiet Shame really my husband has only been there a few times in his life and met with his total arrogance on the drive home he kept saying why does a man who is a consultant feel it’s above his job spec to be show equal respect to my husband who also works very hard he was treated and left but felt he. Had no time to express his concerns with him !! He has no idea I have done this but it’s upset me he felt he was rude and no real respect for him with silent treatment

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 09 March 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 05 April 2018

We are disappointed to learn of your husband’s experience. Your comments will be shared with the management team of the Cardiology Department, but if you would like to take this matter further please contact our Customer Care department on 0800 374208.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Extremely unhelpful and wasting time

Referred by the Walk In Centre for the suspect exposure to the Nerve Agent and unexplained symptons for potential protocols for Nurve Agent treatment. Seen by the Practice Nurse, extremely unhelpful, no blood test has been taken and no reassuring for anything, (there is not any publication regarding to the nerve agent and long term symptons), how could the clinicans say people are fine without even been proper checked and taken the blood test? No assurance and really concered for the service provide to other potential nerve agent exposure paitent, it was a totally waste of my time.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 05 April 2018

We are sorry that you were unhappy with your treatment. However we would like to reassure you that in patients without specific characteristic symptoms of nerve agent poisoning there is no need for a blood test.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Treatment for son in A&E

We turned up expecting to wait for a while. My son was assessed, x-rayed, diagnosed and treated within an hour. All the staff were execellent, kind and super efficient. Thank you

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 March 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 05 April 2018

We are sorry to hear that your son needed to visit A&E. We hope he has now made a full recovery. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We’ll ensure we pass on your comments to the A&E team.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Staff very friendly

I have been using Salisbury District Hospital since it was built at Odstock. I have always always found the staff to be very helpful, kind and friendly.

I have only one disappointment and that is with the pharmacy department. I was told my medication would be ready in 30mins. Whilst I waited five other patient's who came in after me had there medication issued before I did. I waited just over an hour before I got mine.

Overall this is avery good hospital.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 06 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. We very much appreciate your kind words about our staff and also for letting us know about your experience of our pharmacy department. We are sorry that you were kept waiting for so long. We will pass your comments on to the pharmacy team.

Janet C gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency - wonderful treatment !

I was referred to Accident & Emergency by 111 suffering from (for me a frightening) and for anyone an embarrassing condition. From the Receptionist to all the nurses and doctors and a consultant that I met, the care was effective and excellent. I was treated quickly and professionally but, very importantly with respect and outstanding kindness. I was impressed with the efforts made to guard my privacy. Everything was explained to me and to the friend who accompanied me. The staff were enthusiastic and cheerful through out.
I cannot thank the Hospital and the A&E Department enough.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 09 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 09 February 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback and we are glad that staff in our A&E looked after you with such care and gave you the privacy that you needed within the department. We will pass on your thanks to the team.

John Allan gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiac Suite

I arrived for a ct angiogram today 13 Feb. I was a bit nervous but this was soon rectified by the team. The whole experience was manageable due to the outstanding team of Doctors and Nurses. They should all be very proud of themselves.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 13 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 15 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback and your praise of our staff. We are very proud of our staff and will share your lovely comment with them.

Maureen gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accident and Emergency Department, Duty Doctor and Ward

Had to visit A@E department last night as I had been feeling extremely ill the last few days
and was feeling worse as time went on.
From the time I booked in at A@E to seeing the duty doctor and my time spent in amu was a first class treatment, every thing was explained at each stage of my examination/treatment
and all the staff were very polite at all stages of my treatment.

Many thanks to you all

Maureen

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 15 February 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are glad that staff in our A&E and the Acute Medical Unit looked after you well and you received excellent care and treatment. We will pass on your comment to the teams involved.

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

NHS at its best

I attended the Dermatology Department yesterday for a minor procedure and from the moment I arrived until I left I experienced friendly efficient staff who kept me informed at all times and who carried out the procedure with the utmost competence.
I was even given cups of tea from the nursing staff while I was waiting!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 27 February 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are pleased that the team in dermatology looked after you well. We will pass on your thanks to the team.