Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Peter Wesley gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E, Tisbury ward care etc

I arrived at A&E where the care was imediate and very thorough and prompt before admission to Tisbury ward for investigation and eventual insertion of a pacemaker. I stayed for 6 nights and the care on the ward (Bay 3) was most kind and thorough and all staff at all levels that I came into contact with were helpful, good humoured and extremely professional. The extra difficulty of a case of nor virus clearly added to their task. The unit that performed the angiogram and the insertion of the pacemaker came over as a slick and very professional team with very high standards of care and support at what is a troubling time for patients. Ready explanations in lay terms were always offered with good humour and support and the doctor who performed the procedure was truly brilliant in his personal approach. I cannot rate my care and treatment too highly.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 11 January 2019

SueP gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

After being referred by my doctor to the gynecological department I can't fault the service efficiency of the booking system and the staff for their personal and empathetic attention . I was diagnosed within a fortnight and had my operation within the next two weeks. I was kept well informed throughout my treatment and at my follow up visit. My consultant and surgeon were excellent and made us feel important giving us every opportunity to ask questions and concerns helping to put us at ease.
My treatment in the other areas of the hospital was also very good with the staff being very understanding and caring.
Thankyou

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 January 2019

Simon S-T gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Acute Medical Unit and Tisbury Ward

On Thursday afternoon, I was told by my GP to go straight to A&E (40 mins drive): by the time my wife had driven me there a place had already been arranged in the AMU. I was quite quickly diagnosed by the duty doctor, for an electro cardioversion. At the very last last moment I went back into sinus rhythm. I then spent until 2:00 pm the next day in Tisbury Ward, for observation.
Every single member of staff who was involved in my treatment was friendly, efficient and communicative. The ward sister in the AMU was reassuring, helpful, and very clear with her explanations. The lady duty doctor was a cheerful whirlwind of energy and efficiency, who gave me full confidence, communicating as clearly to me as to the staff. The nursing staff there, two shifts of nursing staff in Tisbury Ward, and finally the Consultant doctor in Tisbury Ward who assessed and directed my subsequent treatment, were all dedicated and helpful. The whole experience, although alarming for me and for my wife, was reassuring and positive. And even the food was good - thank you! My treatment was absolutely first class, and I am hugely grateful.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 23 December 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to A&E

My daughter was unwell while we were visiting friends in Salisbury. We were dreading having to attend an A&E as our experience at home in Ireland has been daunting to say the least (12 hours on occasion lying on a stretcher if you’re lucky). However from the moment we arrived the professionalism and attention we were given was remarkable. We were seen by a lovely triage nurse within 15 mins and within half an hour were seen by the doctor. This doctor has truly found her vocation in life. She had it all! Her initial history taking was very detailed. Her bedside manner was professionally but put the patient at ease therefore getting a very thorough history as a result. She had a 4 th year student doctor with her whom she engaged with in a teaching capacity and made the whole experience for everyone very positive and productive. The end result was we left A&E within 2 and a half hours with a satisfactory and reassuring outcome. I would have to say this was the most positive experience I have ever had in any hospital. Well done to everyone.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 21 December 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Debbie Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Salisbury District Hospital following skiing injury

I visited Accident and Emergency following a skiing lesson whereby I had injured my hand. I was seen by a triage nurse, a radiograoher and a second nurse who applied a dressing, and I was advised to return the following morning to see a consultant. My hand was x-rayed again and I spent some time with a physiotherapist. From the first person who booked me in at A & E reception through to the nurses and physiotherapists I cannot sing the praises of the NHS, and in particular the team at this hospital highly enough for their courtesy and professionalism. I did not have to wait an excessive amount of time in any of the departments and I did not feel rushed either when discussing my injury. This was a most positive experience in an unfortunate situation. A very big thank you to the team at Salisbuy, they are all doing a fantastic job.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Oral Surgery

Would give more stars if I could! I am so grateful for the kindness and support from the team at the oral surgery department. The staff who carried out my surgery were amazing, they put me at ease and made me feel truly cared for. The whole process was carried out smoothly and would 100% recommend to anyone who felt nervous or had a complex issue. Thank you so much.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 November 2018

Anonymous gave at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A very positive experience of hospital care

I recently had an operation at Salisbury District hospital, with a one night stay on Amesbury ward. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for the compassionate and professional care I received from all the staff from reception to discharge. At all times I felt that my needs were fully recognised and met - from basic physical needs to need for information, support in making decisions, and plans for my return home. I was impressed by the co-ordination of various specialist services on the ward - X-ray arrangements, blood testing, physios and occupational therapists. I remember everyone who looked after me with gratitude, from the surgeon to the people who wheeled me around, from the cheerful and pleasant staff on reception desks to anaesthetists to the reassuring and careful monitoring in the recovery room after the operation. Going for an operation can be a frightening experience but the competentence, calmness, professionalism and kindness I experienced helped enormously. I saw staff on the ward working extremely hard to try and meet other patients’ every need, despite obviously being under pressure at times. Based on my own experience I would definitely recommend this hospital and I am, more than ever, full of appreciation for our wonderful NHS.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 30 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Tammy polton gave Rheumatology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ignored

The manager and consultant contradicted each other and left me confused , real diagnoses please , please ring back, I feel I've been given the run around .

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Couldn’t wait to get rid of me!

You can’t have it both ways wanting people to use NHS websites and self medicate and then treat them as idiots when that does not work. The published NHS guidelines said if it persists to seek help, the walk in centre was closed and this was the only available facility. The treating nurse might not think it’s an emergency but I had severe pain radiating into the jaw from the ear with right sided deafness. Unfortunately in her haste to get me gone she failed to realise this was due to an infection which needed treatment. I appreciate you don’t want to be snowed under with minor complaints but would a bit of empathy and a script for antibiotics bring the system to its knees?

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Specialist centre for spinal problems? UTTER JOKE

I'm sorry. The NHS can be great and we had high hopes for you. BUT...I hope you don't ever need someone in your family to be helped by your own spinal services only to find that despite having a rare and serious, potentially life threatening condition that YOU ARE TURNED AWAY. I am fuming, disgusted and will NEVER forgive you if anything bad happens to the person I love. You should really look at your systems and processes that are at times archaic and do not benefit those truly in need. You are the only place we have been told that can help and yet you refuse to. I am truly disgusted by a place that I had only previously heard good things of and had high hopes of. May you never need the care you supposedly provide and find yourselves in this position. It goes against EVERYTHING the NHS was created for.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 27 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.