Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Perfect service

Attended SAU following referral from GP. Seen quickly and efficiently by F1 and then registrar. Booked for surgery and taken to theatre within an hour. Back to Braemar ward, sandwiches tea and home. All the staff with whom I came into contact were friendly, caring and compassionate. Absolutely perfect service. The NHS at its very best. Thank you.

Visited in May 2019. Posted on 08 May 2019

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Samantha gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A and E

I took my 2 year old son to a&e this morning, we were dealt with promptly and with such care by everyone we met at the hospital. Every member of staff ensured my son was as relaxed and as calm as possible during the time we were there. Fantastic, caring, professional staff. Thank you.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 18 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for your kind words – we will pass on your feedback to our Emergency Department

None gave General Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breamore Ward

All the staff on Breamore ward are friendly, helpful and caring. They responded very well to individual patients' needs and I was particularly impressed to see how they cared for a patient with dementia. I was taken in as an emergency and I cannot fault their care.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 19 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we will pass your feedback on to the staff in Breamore Ward.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy

This was my 3rd surgery for the same gynaecological reasons since 2017. Same ward. Same two surgeons. One performed my left tube and Ovary and cyst removal. And my endometriosis removal. The team of nurses and nhs team members were amazing. Not disturbing but keeping an eye on me. I was not rushed to get myself together, I was the last one leaving the day surgery that night and I even ran over closing time but the nurses stayed and kept telling me to take my time. Amazing this time as the previous two times. The cleanliness was up to scratch for sure! Thank you for such amazing care again Day surgery!

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 29 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for reviewing our services. We will pass on your review to our staff who will be happy to hear that you felt well looked after.

Linden reviewed Salisbury District Hospital

Gynaecology problem

Thank you for your care and support during my Hysteroscopy carried out on in early April 2019 by the Consultant, miss Faisal. Also the support from Kimberley and Nicole.
Also my thanks to Mrs Backhouse for her advise and understanding which put my mind at ease about my forthcoming operation.
Over many years as a family we have always received wonderful treatment from Salisbury Hospital.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 12 April 2019 using Care Opinion

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we’re glad staff were able to reassure you - we will pass on your comments to the teams.

Tony Edmonds gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E + AMU ward

I went to A & E on 31st March and was dealt with promptly and professionally. Turns out I had pneumonia which was quickly diagnosed. Everyone in that department was so helpful and caring. Then got transferred to the AMU where my good care continued, Doctors were informative and had the time to explain my diagnosis and treatment. The nurses were helpful and caring throughout and how they can retain a smile and be so helpful at the end of a 12+ hour shift is beyond me, but thank goodness they do.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 14 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback – we will pass on your comments to our Emergency Department and AMU.

Patsy Hehir gave Ophthalmology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cataract surgery

Brilliant care from ALL the staff on at the day surgery unit and previously at the eye clinic. All instructions were clear and questions were answered.
The treatment was of the highest standard
I had transport problems after my surgery and both the nursing and reception staff went out of their way to resolve the problem.

. I am very grateful to everyone..

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 11 March 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for reviewing our services. Our staff will be very happy to hear your words.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Referal from Dr's.

Only running 10 minutes late on appointment date. Not bad considering we dont know how many women are given terrible news on any given day and are in need of a little extra support. My appointment today resulted in news that I will need surgery. Blood results came back normal so very happy with that. The consultant was lovely, listened when I was talking and explained to both myself and my husband what I needed to have done. Have been here many times before in the past 2 years and have never had a problem. Everyone is friendly and polite and understanding. Have had internal exams here before by appointment and as part of my consultant appointment (did not have one today though) Hurt a little bit but that was due to what was going on with my uterus and ovaries than the Dr performing the exam.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 21 March 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for reviewing our Gynaecology Department. We are glad to hear your experiences have continued to be positive over the last two years.

Jo Wheatley gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

cat scratch injury

From the minute I went to A & E with what I thought was just an infected cat bite, I was treated brilliantly, I was seen very quickly, and everything explained to me. I had to go straight to to theatre as the bite was infected. All the staff before theatre were so lovely, as was the person who took me down. The staff on the ward were also lovely. I couldn’t have hoped for better care from start to finish. I was on the ward for 2 days and nothing was to much trouble. I have also received aftercare, and again, all staff were fantastic. Nobody wants to be admitted unexpectedly, but the care I had was second to nothing

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 06 April 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 03 May 2019

Thank you for providing feedback on our services. We will pass your message on to our staff.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E Department

The process of confirming whether I was having a heart attack was explained clearly to me. by a steady stream of friendly staff at each stage . After 8 hours I left with the promise of an appointment in the near future with the cardiology clinic. From the paramedics to the last Doctor I saw at 1.00am, the process could not have been handled more smoothly or reassuringly.

Visited in March 2019. Posted on 03 March 2019

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 24 April 2019

Thank you for reviewing our Accident & Emergency service, and we are encouraged that your experience was so positive.