Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Andreea Nicolae gave Urology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best medical services and the best staff

All my respect and grattitude for the staff, for their attitude and for the medical services!!!!! My husband was hospitalised here.. THANK YOU!!!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Sophie F gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Extremely thankful

Having recently had my life saved by the staff at SDH I am extremely thankful to everyone there.
From the 111 call, to the paramedic, to the A&E staff, to the ward nurses, doctors and theatre staff.
Having gone in with severe abdo pains which could have been anything it took them less than 24 hours to run tests/scans and to then send me into emergency theatre due to my life being in danger.
Everything happened so fast yet everything was explained fully and questions answered.
I cannot thank enough the staff that recently cared for me as who knows what may have happened if it wasn’t for them.

Helenf gave General Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery Unit Gallbladder removal

I was operated on in DSU by a fabulous team, 5th January 2018 who had to deal with a more complicated gallbladder removal than first thought, resulting in a 5 day stay in the unit.

At every stage I was nursed, medicated, fed and talked to and want to thank all those involved with my recovery. Being in a hospital bed can be the loneliest place, but I was treated like a friend and that they cared for me. These lovely people enabled me to recover well.

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

David Beaton gave Major trauma at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superlative treatment

Having spent more than 2 enforced weeks under the care of staff in Amesbury ward I cannot speak highly enough of the medical and surgical teams, nursing and support staff. All carried out their work with total professionalism and were friendly and approachable. We are very fortunate to have Salisbury as our local hospital with its dedication to such high standards

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The best plastic surgery department

I have had two encounters with odstock, what they do is simply incredible.
Last week my stepson severed his index finger, unfortunately his surgery could not re attach the finger but my god did they try I suspect if they had him straight from the accident the outcome could of been different.
20 years ago they rebuilt my sisters hand after a machine press crushed off three of her fingers, her hand is only there because of what they did for her. she’s now a doctor herself What they do leaves me in awe.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 12 December 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 13 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The surgical team will be delighted to hear of your praise for their work and their specialist skills. In the meantime, please accept our best wishes and we wish your stepson well for the future.

Keith Waghorne gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tisbury ward

After having a heart attack I was moved to Tisbury ward where I felt safe, the staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. They explained my treatment as we went along and were most helpful all the time I was there.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 15 January 2018

We are sorry to hear of your heart attack and wish you well for your recovery. This must have been a very frightening time for you, so you mentioning that you felt safe and well cared for in the care of the Tisbury Cardiac team, will reassure other patients in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience and we will pass you comments to the Tisbury team.

Mrs Holmes gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Accomodating, kind, caring and professional

I visited the cardiology team today for an initial consultation.
I was seen immediately after self check in by the lovely care assistant who took me where I needed to be.
I had my 6 month old daughter with me and all staff who passed us said hello which I thought was an extra mile gesture!
The ECG technician made me instantly comfortable with the procedure and they were very quick.
I was then taken to another waiting area and very quickly seen by the consultant who was so kind, they helped me carry our car seat into their room, held my baby and played with her while I got onto the couch and did the same again so I could get dressed.
Just amazing how pressured, busy people can be so person centred and focused on my individual needs.
A treatment plan was thoroughly put together and the doctor really considered me holistically and as a person.
I had a really good experience here through an anxious time, I would definitely recommend Salisbury Hospital.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 December 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for your lovely comment and we are pleased that our staff looked after you and your daughter with such care and kindness. In the meantime, we would like to wish you well for the future and we will pass on your thanks to the team in cardiology.

Poppy gave Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery

My partner was admitted to the Day Surgery Unit this morning for keyhole surgery. We hoped that he would be discharged at the end of the day but, as it turned out, there were other serious factors to take into account and he was kept in overnight.

At all times we were kept informed about what had happened and what was going to happen. The nursing staff were absolutely lovely and so caring and efficient given the workload they were expected to handle. I sat and waited for him while he was in surgery and every single patient was treated with great care, respect and efficiency.

The Unit was spotlessly clean and tidy and the staff seemed to relate well with each other.

I am extremely impressed.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 17 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. The consistently positive comments we receive about our staff are testament to their hard work and dedication to provide outstanding care for every patient. We will share your kind words with the team, who will be delighted to receive them. May we wish you partner a full and speedy recovery.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

I was admitted to the day surgery unit on 1/11/17 from arrival to discharge I can't fault the care I received. Was seen by nurse then anthesisist followed by surgeon. Everything was explained clearly as to what would be happening. Can not fault the staff on this unit. They all do a fantastic job. I'm now on the road to recovery

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 05 November 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 07 November 2017

It is great to hear that your treatment met the high standard we aim to deliver to all patients. We will share your very kind words with the Day Surgery Unit team. Thank you for getting in touch and may we wish you a speedy recovery.

June D gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My Visit

We entered rear of hospital as it was closest to the car park used, hesitated seeking ENT Out Patients. A passing porter pushing a lady in a bed gave a cheery 'hello, can I help?' We followed their direction to ENT OP and 15 minutes earlier than my appointment time, I was seen by a doctor. Unable to help me they rang their Consultant who directed me to Oral & Maxillofacial Dept. The doctor then escorted me and my husband through to the main corridor and gave exact directions to the new department, saying 'if you get lost come back to me'! Very friendly receptionists there. One walked down to book me in to waiting area where I was seen after about 20 minutes by second doctor, who then called in the Consultant who confirmed diagnosis but advised X-ray which was done immediately by a nurse who escorted me there, did the X- ray and then took me back to department where I was seen immediately and the small operation performed. Throughout I was totally involved in all aspects of my treatment by very friendly, outgoing staff.. Altogether 3 doctors, 1 nurse, 1 X-ray and 2 departments were involved and the whole visit lasted just 2 hours. I cannot sufficiently express my gratitude to all concerned. Having close relatives living in other areas and hearing some of their experiences, makes me so grateful that we have such an excellent hospital available to us.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and also with other patients and relatives who refer to this website. This is exactly what we aim to provide to every patient and we are very glad to hear about the high quality care and treatment delivered by all members of our staff. With warm regards.