Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Debbie Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Salisbury District Hospital following skiing injury

I visited Accident and Emergency following a skiing lesson whereby I had injured my hand. I was seen by a triage nurse, a radiograoher and a second nurse who applied a dressing, and I was advised to return the following morning to see a consultant. My hand was x-rayed again and I spent some time with a physiotherapist. From the first person who booked me in at A & E reception through to the nurses and physiotherapists I cannot sing the praises of the NHS, and in particular the team at this hospital highly enough for their courtesy and professionalism. I did not have to wait an excessive amount of time in any of the departments and I did not feel rushed either when discussing my injury. This was a most positive experience in an unfortunate situation. A very big thank you to the team at Salisbuy, they are all doing a fantastic job.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Oral Surgery

Would give more stars if I could! I am so grateful for the kindness and support from the team at the oral surgery department. The staff who carried out my surgery were amazing, they put me at ease and made me feel truly cared for. The whole process was carried out smoothly and would 100% recommend to anyone who felt nervous or had a complex issue. Thank you so much.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 November 2018

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A very positive experience of hospital care

I recently had an operation at Salisbury District hospital, with a one night stay on Amesbury ward. I have nothing but praise and gratitude for the compassionate and professional care I received from all the staff from reception to discharge. At all times I felt that my needs were fully recognised and met - from basic physical needs to need for information, support in making decisions, and plans for my return home. I was impressed by the co-ordination of various specialist services on the ward - X-ray arrangements, blood testing, physios and occupational therapists. I remember everyone who looked after me with gratitude, from the surgeon to the people who wheeled me around, from the cheerful and pleasant staff on reception desks to anaesthetists to the reassuring and careful monitoring in the recovery room after the operation. Going for an operation can be a frightening experience but the competentence, calmness, professionalism and kindness I experienced helped enormously. I saw staff on the ward working extremely hard to try and meet other patients’ every need, despite obviously being under pressure at times. Based on my own experience I would definitely recommend this hospital and I am, more than ever, full of appreciation for our wonderful NHS.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 30 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Tammy polton gave Rheumatology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Ignored

The manager and consultant contradicted each other and left me confused , real diagnoses please , please ring back, I feel I've been given the run around .

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Couldn’t wait to get rid of me!

You can’t have it both ways wanting people to use NHS websites and self medicate and then treat them as idiots when that does not work. The published NHS guidelines said if it persists to seek help, the walk in centre was closed and this was the only available facility. The treating nurse might not think it’s an emergency but I had severe pain radiating into the jaw from the ear with right sided deafness. Unfortunately in her haste to get me gone she failed to realise this was due to an infection which needed treatment. I appreciate you don’t want to be snowed under with minor complaints but would a bit of empathy and a script for antibiotics bring the system to its knees?

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for your comments and we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Neurology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Specialist centre for spinal problems? UTTER JOKE

I'm sorry. The NHS can be great and we had high hopes for you. BUT...I hope you don't ever need someone in your family to be helped by your own spinal services only to find that despite having a rare and serious, potentially life threatening condition that YOU ARE TURNED AWAY. I am fuming, disgusted and will NEVER forgive you if anything bad happens to the person I love. You should really look at your systems and processes that are at times archaic and do not benefit those truly in need. You are the only place we have been told that can help and yet you refuse to. I am truly disgusted by a place that I had only previously heard good things of and had high hopes of. May you never need the care you supposedly provide and find yourselves in this position. It goes against EVERYTHING the NHS was created for.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 27 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 08 November 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please could you contact our customer care team on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this for you. Thank you.

Aimee gave Dermatology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Complaint

I went to see a Dr about my skin and she offered me a drug that I have used before. I have used all sorts of medications for my skin since i was 13. I am very upset with the way I was treated as I waited for over six months to see someone.i still haven't heard about my follow up appointment and feel extremely let down by the NHS.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally unacceptable service needs urgent review.

The hospital has shown my daughter and her
Husband absolutely no compassion and have failed to keep them up to date with how they are progressing in the que. my daughter left centre parks in Longleat at approximately 2130 hours to go to Salisbury hospitality. It is now 0300 and they have still not left the hospital. Our granddaughter who is 2 years old has fallen out of bed and requires her head gluing which you would think is not
To difficult to do. My daughter also has her 4 week old daughter with her. I fully appreciate that the hospital is a really busy place and that the staff are doing the best they can however I find it difficult to believe that the processes that the
Hospital are using in A and E are effective. Instantly I see that they need to give each individual family more feedback on waiting times instead of the usual expected time
Guess which is usually way out. Maybe the hospital could try showing some
Compassion or having an electronic board which would show all visitors where
They are in the que and also include if they get put back because of emergencies that
We all understand happen and fully
Support. Maybe the occasional friendly tannoy apologising for the time being taken with an brief statement of what is causing the long wait times even if that info is as simple as we are
Very sorry but due to our understaffing we are
Blah blah blah. To conclude we fully appreciate and support our NHS staff but
Something needs to be done to improve this service so that all involved have the best possible experience and children especially the
Very young and very elderly don’t get left untreated for hours and hours.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points here that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please can you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374 208. Thank you.

Sarah Crutchley gave Ophthalmology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, efficient & caring

We visited after my mum had a sudden deterioration in eyesight. All the staff were excellent. They were very efficient, patient and thorough. We felt reassured and in very safe hands. Everyone was friendly, caring & polite. Thank you.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment and the praise for staff in our the eye clinic. We wish your mother well and will pass on your thanks to the team.

Mark T gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Arrived in A&E for the second time in 18 months and on both occasions was looked after with the highest of standards from diagnosis through to the x-ray department and the treatment from the consultant and his team along with the follow up appointments after.

I can say that I was fully informed by the staff at every visit as to what was going on with me whilst I was there.

I found the atmosphere to be uplifting with a sense of humour with me personally which helped no end.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that all our teams involved in your care looked after you well when you were with us at Salisbury District Hospital. We will pass on your thanks to the teams concerned.