Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Martin gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Totally unacceptable service needs urgent review.

The hospital has shown my daughter and her
Husband absolutely no compassion and have failed to keep them up to date with how they are progressing in the que. my daughter left centre parks in Longleat at approximately 2130 hours to go to Salisbury hospitality. It is now 0300 and they have still not left the hospital. Our granddaughter who is 2 years old has fallen out of bed and requires her head gluing which you would think is not
To difficult to do. My daughter also has her 4 week old daughter with her. I fully appreciate that the hospital is a really busy place and that the staff are doing the best they can however I find it difficult to believe that the processes that the
Hospital are using in A and E are effective. Instantly I see that they need to give each individual family more feedback on waiting times instead of the usual expected time
Guess which is usually way out. Maybe the hospital could try showing some
Compassion or having an electronic board which would show all visitors where
They are in the que and also include if they get put back because of emergencies that
We all understand happen and fully
Support. Maybe the occasional friendly tannoy apologising for the time being taken with an brief statement of what is causing the long wait times even if that info is as simple as we are
Very sorry but due to our understaffing we are
Blah blah blah. To conclude we fully appreciate and support our NHS staff but
Something needs to be done to improve this service so that all involved have the best possible experience and children especially the
Very young and very elderly don’t get left untreated for hours and hours.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for providing us with this feedback and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have raised a number of points here that we would like to look into more carefully with you. Please can you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374 208. Thank you.

Sarah Crutchley gave Ophthalmology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, efficient & caring

We visited after my mum had a sudden deterioration in eyesight. All the staff were excellent. They were very efficient, patient and thorough. We felt reassured and in very safe hands. Everyone was friendly, caring & polite. Thank you.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 19 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment and the praise for staff in our the eye clinic. We wish your mother well and will pass on your thanks to the team.

Mark T gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

Arrived in A&E for the second time in 18 months and on both occasions was looked after with the highest of standards from diagnosis through to the x-ray department and the treatment from the consultant and his team along with the follow up appointments after.

I can say that I was fully informed by the staff at every visit as to what was going on with me whilst I was there.

I found the atmosphere to be uplifting with a sense of humour with me personally which helped no end.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 20 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased that all our teams involved in your care looked after you well when you were with us at Salisbury District Hospital. We will pass on your thanks to the teams concerned.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Disorganised chaos

-Awful staff attitude
-No care or organisation within the hospital between wards.
-Doctors full of empty promises
- Good standard of cleanliness
-No responsibility, any problem is always someone else's fault. Constantly being passed onto someone else who equally doesn't care. This point goes for all staff encountered in all wards and departments: A&E, orthopaedics (apart from one female, working the evening of 25th September. Lovely and empathetic) and day surgery ward. These staff members should have nothing to be proud of themselves. It wasn't a one off case either as all encounters with other patients resulted in similar views. I am unfortunately dissapointed with the empty promises and lack of responsibility. The constant passing of fault is also infuriating.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 26 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 02 October 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are very sorry to hear about your experience. You have a raised a number of issues here that we want to look at in more detail. Please could you contact our Customer Care Department on 0800 374 208. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Rheumatology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dr in Rheumatology

I have been attending the Rheumatology Unit for three years now, this week I had a flare up in my knee.

The doctor saw me within two days of a call to the nurse line.

Then again the same day I called two days later as the knee had got worse, the doctor called a few hours later.

He managed to see me later that afternoon to give me an injectiion in my knee to help with the inflammation.

I am very grateful for his time .

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Vanessa gave Orthopaedics at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

I visited the A&E department and fracture clinic at Salisbury General Hospital recently, and have nothing but praise for all the staff I encountered during the course of my care and treatment. I would particularly like to thank the orthopaedic surgeon and fracture clinic team who fitted in an appointment for me at short notice despite being extremely busy.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 October 2018

Salisbury District Hospital has not yet replied.

Cathy Gulliver gave Ophthalmology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Brillian and I have attended a lot of eye clinics!

The Salisabury Eye Clinic is the best I have ever attended. All the staff are amazing, friendly, efficient and so good at their various jobs.

I have been attending this clinic for several years but unfortunately due to a sudden and severe loos of sight this year have practically been living there for the past five months!

I see from some reviews that people have complained about waiting times..
Well the best is worth waiting for.:)

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 02 July 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 16 July 2018

Thank you for your lovely comment about our staff and the quality of care they have given you over the last few years. We are proud of our staff and will pass on your thanks to the team.

Richard Avery gave Cardiology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Echocardiogram par excellence.

I recently attended the cardiology out-patient department for an ‘echo’. The reception staff were welcoming and helpful. The waiting area was light, roomy, had magazines and an information screen. We had a 20 minute delay but the lovely lady carrying out the echo was apologetic and explained why. The actual procedure was carried out with consideration and professionalism. My wife and I were given a full explanation and concern was shown for our comfort. An interesting and pleasant experience

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 23 June 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad that you were happy with our facilities and pleased with the care you received from our staff. We will pass on your thanks to the team.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional hospital

Walked into A&E and was treated quickly, with respect and with professional attitude, thorough service and follow up. I am from out of this area and was treated so well.
Thank you for your time and care.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your comment and we are glad that you were seen quickly and efficiently by our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and your support of our hospital.

Keith Aslet gave General Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery Unit.

I would like to thank the consultant and all of his team for the excellent care given to me during my gall bladder operation and also the staff on Recovery and the Day Surgery Ward they all cope very well even when it is busy and nothing is to much trouble for them , also the staff on S.U.A who I had to see three days after my operation.
Once again many thanks to you all.
Keith.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 31 May 2018

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 25 June 2018

Thank you for your comment. We will pass on your thanks to all the teams involved in your care.