The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

0151 706 2000 Prescot Street , Liverpool, Merseyside, L7 8XP

Damien Latchford gave Cataract Surgery at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cateract operation

Had my catetact operation this morning,and was impressed by the care and support I received.Bowled over by the kindness in getting me a taxi home.I live in the Low Hill/ Kensington area so a four minute walk wasn't a problem.Was told it was to make sure I was safe.St Paul's day unit is a fine example of how good the NHS is.
Also a thank you to the person (Friday May 25th)when asked by me "where is this clinic?",took me from St Paul's outpatients, directly to the entrance.
"We can't have you getting lost and fretting about being late for you pre catetatc operationt assessment.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 08 June 2018

Thank you for your positive comments about St Paul's Day unit. We are pleased that you had a good experience with the team and they made sure you got home ok. We will pass on your comments to our staff.

Amanda gave Urology at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Day Ward 6B

A big that to all the staff on 6b they treated me with care and kindness and made me feel very well looked after

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 08 June 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff on Ward 6B. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardio department

I accompanied my uncle to have his pacemaker yearly check and can only congratulate you from the helpful reception staff and clinical staff..He was seen on time by professional, knowledgeable clinical personnel and on leaving was given his date for next year appointment.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 08 June 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about our cardiology department. We are pleased that your uncle had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E visit

Visited A&E for concussion staff were very helpful and efficient

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you for your positive comments about our A&E department. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

A True 3rd World Experience in A& E - NHS broken

On the night of 7th April and early hours of 8th April my wife was taken by ambulance to Liverpool University Hospital's A&E. She had very high blood pressure over 200 and hence major risk of cardiac arrest. What a shocking experience of disorganisation and lack of process. There where 9 trolleys with ambulance crew waiting to hand over people to the hospital unit. We waited 4 hours before being being taken into a cubicle for attention. Some nurses seemed totally overloaded with work actions while others discussed their private life and nights out. My wife who is a retired nurse never did see a Doctor before deciding to leave and seek help elsewhere. A hard working nurse appologised for the lack of action and time wasted without any form of process. She told my wife to see her GP!!

One can read papers and listen to the News but until you have the modern NHS experience in person, truly an embarrassment to the UK.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 09 May 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you and your wife didn’t have a good experience when visiting our Emergency Department. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they can investigate your concerns properly. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care

I have visited the Respiratory clinic on several occasions. The Consultant care is always exemplary and the asthma nurses caring and well informed. I always leave the department very happy that my asthma is well cared for by such a diligent team.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about our respiratory clinic. We are pleased that you have always had a good experience when attending the clinic and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Mrs T gave Critical care at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care and compassion

My 88 year old mum was admitted to palliative care ward 4Y on 3 March. She was extremely ill and sadly passed away on 16 March. The care my mum received was outstanding and the staff treated my mum with dignity and respect. They also helped our family through a very difficult and emotional time.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 19 March 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 22 March 2018

We are sorry to hear that your mum has passed away, but thank you for your kind comments about the staff on our palliative care ward. We are pleased that she received an excellent level of care and we will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave X Ray at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

CT scan - could have been a much better experience

I was meant to have an MRI scan but freaked out in the machine so couldn't go through with it. They put me in head first and I opened my eyes as I was going down the tunnel which I think made things much worse. I think for psychological reasons - all patients should go in feet first and offered a blind fold to put on before they lie down.

I was then offered an CT scan so I was relieved as I knew it was a much shorter tunnel and a much quicker scan. I am very happy with how quickly I was given an appointment and also how quickly I was given a follow up appointment with the consultant which I am yet to go to. I took the precaution of getting a very mild sedative from my Dr but after taking it half an hour before, I could not feel any effect. once in the CT scanner room, I was then told to lie so I was head first going into the machine. This surprised me as in all the videos I've watched on YouTube, unless the patient is having their head scanned, they are put in feet first. I was moved into the machine and had my eyes closed but I opened them for a minute and could see that my head was in the tunnel. I then started freaking out and shouting to get out but felt like nobody could hear me. After what felt like minutes, someone came back into the room and I was moved out of the machine. I then had to ask to go in feet first and then I was fine as my head was outside of the tunnel.

I really think that feet first going into the MRI or CT scan should be the standard protocol unless it is not possible for medical reasons. This would save a lot of unnecessary psychological trauma. I feel quite traumatized by what I've been through and think it could have been a better experience if I'd been put in feet first straight away.

I hope someone reads this and takes it on board.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 20 March 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 22 March 2018

Thank you for your comments, we're sorry to hear about your experience while getting an MRI/CT scan. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) will pass on your comments to our staff.

Miriam gave Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E with broken wrist

On March 1st, I arrived in the UK via Brussels with a broken wrist that I had obtained by sliding on the snowy tarmac causing a nasty fall. As a tourist I was quite confused and worried about going to the hospital in a foreign country but at t he A&E I was treated with a lot of care and attention. It turned out I had a catastrophic injury to my wrist with both bones in my arm having crushed into my hand, and while there was quite a long wait to see a doctor, everyone was nice and accommodating and extremely friendly. The nurses were lovely and attentive, making sure I was comfortable while I waited. The Orthopedic doctors were wonderful and reduced my fracture in RESUSS with a lot of compassion, comfort, patience (despite being super busy that day) and expertise. , I spent 18 hours in the A&E and despite the pain I absolutely will think of it as a positive experience.
I'm now safely back home after surgery on my hand and on the mend.

You should all be so thankful to your wonderful NHS!! It's amazing!!!

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 March 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 17 April 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff in our A&E department as well as our orthopaedic team. We are pleased that you had a good experience and you are now on the mend. We will pass on your comments to our staff.

Excellent service .

In the early hours of Valentines day , my son was blue lighted in to A and E with a shoulder dislocation. From the para medics to the nurses and doctors looked after him brilliantly.
He is a student in lovely Liverpool , and I am very grateful to everyone involved.

thank you to you all, and keep up the excellent work you do !!!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 15 February 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 22 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments about all the A&E staff that looked after your son. We are pleased that he had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.