The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

0151 706 2000 Prescot Street , Liverpool, Merseyside, L7 8XP

Mike Reynolds gave Ophthalmology at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

switchboard

I phoned to-day but after waiting 3 minutes 12 seconds for you to answer you hung up.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble getting through to our switchboard.
If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to look into your concerns. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk

Marie Davies gave Vascular surgery at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Vascular team are amazing treated me 3 times great staff

Vascular team are amazing treated me 3 times great staff

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 17 January 2018

Thank you for your kind comments about the vascular team. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care, despite winter pressures

I recently visited A&E for an injury and was expecting to have a really long and uncomfortable wait.
However, when I got there I was greeted by lovely, friendly staff, who showed me where to go and were very smiley, which helped me relax.
I was seen very quickly and all of the nurses and the surgeon who dealt with me were very polite and friendly also.
I hate being in hospitals and felt very nervous about having to go. However, the staff could not have been better. The nurses and surgeon explained everything they were going to do to me, which helped me relax.
Hopefully, I won't have to return any time soon, but if I do I know the staff will be lovely and treat me well. Thank you to all of the lovely staff, including the very friendly receptionists!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 10 January 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments about the team in our Emergency Department. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Friday night in acute medicine unit

I was referred by my gp to the amu department it was so busy on arrival but was swiftly seen to by reception staff the person I spoke with was very welcoming I was then greeted by a member of staff who introduced themselves they were very jolly and explained what would happen whilst i was in the department they swiftly took some bloods and my blood pressure I felt at ease and was aware that there was going to be a wait but I would be seen as soon as possible. All in all it took a couple of hours I was seen by a competent member of nursing staff and 2 doctors and discharged within 5 hours I have to say that the service I received was second to none.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 03 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about the team in our AMU. We are pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Tony gave Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Accident and emergency yeah right

Been sitting here for 3 hours now with very little people waiting, haven’t seen a doctor yet but have seen the triage nurse who was an ANP but could of fouled me. Spoke to me like dirt. In pain feeling very sick and still waiting. The place is really dirty to. I’m a NHS nurse and I feel ashamed that this ED is apart of the NHS and the nurses give other nurses a bad name. Sort yourself out!!

Everything single person who came in after me has now been called by a doctor I’ve been vomiting blood and passing old blood stools what has somebody got to do around here to be seen!!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 16 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 20 December 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience while at our Emergency Department. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to investigate your concerns properly. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk

Pat king gave Surgery - Breast at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My recent stay on 9y

I recently had breast surgery and stayed as a day case on 9y . I was looked after so well by all staff, i was kept informed of what was happening at all times . Theatre staff where fab too made me feel at ease. On returning to the ward i was made very comfortable and was looked after by nurses , in particular a student nurse who helped me before and after my op who makes lovely tea and toast . Thank you to all the staff on ward 9 y keep up the good work .

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 20 December 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff on 9Y and the theatre team. We are really pleased that you had a good experience and will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Fractured neck of femur

My family member was admitted with a fractured neck of femur recently and i can say that their treament was very poor.
They were due to have rehabilitation at home which consisted of home and discharge visit and one treatment visit within one week of discharge. They have now been left with no further treatment and no chance of how to progress further.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 22 December 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that your family member didn’t have a good experience regarding their rehabilitation. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to investigate your concerns properly. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk

Care of my father

Can I take this opportunity to thank all the staff for the care my dad George received on ward 3X all the team were caring and so compassionate when dealing with him from the recovery from sepsis and time spent sitting with during his confused times. We were kept updated and informed by a wonderful team. He is now home and on the road to recovery looking forward to his granddaughters wedding next year once again a massive thank you to you all Gill

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for your kind comments about the care your dad received from the staff on Ward 3X. We are pleased that your dad had a good experience while at the hospital and he's now on the road to recovery. We will pass on your comments to our staff.

Anonymous reviewed Accident and emergency services at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital

Disgraceful A+E treatment

My sister was taken by ambulance the day after having chemotherapy on the recommendation of the hemotology ward to call 999. On arrival she was left on a trolley in the corridor for 4 hours awaiting a cubicle to be treated. She had sepsis and was found a bed the next evening where it was discovered she had a perforated gall bladder and blood clots to her bowel which they cannot operate on as she is too ill. The staff and doctors have been great since she was admitted but no one should have to wait in a corridor when they are so seriously ill. I don't blame the staff they are doing the best they can but the health service is a shambles.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that your sister had a long wait while attending our Emergency Department. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to look into your concerns properly. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk

Charles Dougherty gave Ophthalmology at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Highest quality of treatment

I have attended St. Paul’s Eye Unit now on several occasion, and have had deep sclerectomy operations on both eyes, and also a left-eye capsulotomy enlargement by YAG laser.
The consultant leading the team, with several other eye specialist doctors also involved. I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment and care I have received, or of the knowledge and professionalism of all those concerned in my treatment.

Anyone suffering eye problems should have no qualms about undergoing treatment in this unit, or any doubts as to the extremely high quality of the staff concerned in their care.

Too often, comments come only from those who wish to complain. In this case, praise is very much merited, and I have heard many who feel as I do, that this is a superb service.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 18 November 2017

The Royal Liverpool University Hospital replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments about the team at St Paul's Eye Unit. We are pleased that you received high quality treatment and care while visiting the hospital and will pass on your comments to our staff.