Harefield Hospital

01895 823 737 Hill End Road , Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JH

KPNuts gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Frequent visitors

Both me and father are under the care of the hospital for a number of years and I presume that this will continue for the rest of our lives. The staff - all departments be it scanning teams, ward staff, the apheresis unit, out peients etc treat you with amazing care

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Harefield Hospital has not yet replied.

Zacharias Desouza gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent Admission to Acorn Ward for LRTI

I was brought by ambulance to Harefield Hospital on 27th September 2017 for acute chest pain and suspected cardiac attack. I was attended to immediately, within 10 minutes of admission. The speed with which things were done was simply fantastic. After ruling out cardiac problem, I was admitted to the Acorn Ward for Respiratory Infection, which turned out to be Pneumonia. The care I received from the entire medical staff was excellent. I was amazed with the dedication of the nurses, who work tirelessly and with patience. My progress was reviewed on a regular daily basis and my wife was kept informed throughout.
I was discharged on 07/10/2017, once my infection markers came down considerably.
I left the hospital with gratitude to the care I received from the entire medical team of doctors, consultants and nurses.
My only problem was with the food provided, which definitely needs to be improved, considering that this hospital is a Speciast Hospital which is considered to be the top Hospital in the UK and one of the best in Europe!!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Harefield Hospital has not yet replied.

Beannie gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5 days in Maple Ward excellent care

My husband spent 5 days in total after a Lung Wedge Resection. He is a cancer patient, From the moment we arrived we were treated with such kindness. I don't think we have experienced this level of excellent nursing in a hospital before. My husband was admitted to a single room for the first three and a half days and then moved to a 2 bedded bay. Both the room and ward were very clean . I also liked the fact that the nursing staff included me when discussingtreatment with my husband. We were kept informed of their treatment plan. They succeeded in adapting his usual cocktail of pain meds to the level of pain from the operation. Since he has been home he has improved daily. Thank you so much to the Surgeon and Nurses of Maple Ward.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 08 August 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your and your husband’s experience of surgery at Harefield Hospital. We believe our patients deserve the best possible specialist treatment for their heart and lung condition in a clean, safe place and that they should be well informed and involved in decisions about their care. It’s really good to hear that you both feel we got this right during your husband’s stay in the hospital, and we’re delighted his improvement has continued since. We will pass your comments onto the team and wish you both all the best for the future.

Lina gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent professional care

Thank you so much for all the care and professionalism. Everything was to perfection starting from the beginning to the very end. Big Thank you to the amazing surgeon and their supportive team. Best care and results we could have. Would Highly recommend the hospital services. Thank you Lina

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 06 September 2017

Hi Lina,

Thank you for sharing your experience of cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield. We are extremely proud of the surgical teams at the hospital, who perform some of the most complex heart and lung surgery in the country. It’s fantastic to hear you’re pleased with the care we provided, and we wish you all the best for the future.

Anonymous reviewed Cardiology at Harefield Hospital

emergengensy care and intensive therapy unit.

My son was addmitted to harefield hospital on 13th June 2017 after having a cardiacarrest. The ambulance taking him there got him breathing again and once in the hospital the emergency treatment he recieved was instant and effective. He wa taken to I.t.U. ward were he was kept sedated and his body cooled to aid a speedier and safer recovery. The I.T.U nurses and doctors were brilliant and very caring. The nursing staff doing shifts, were at his bedside 24 hours a day for 18 days untill he was gradually woken up, from the sedation. Of course during this time he was on breathing apparatus and medication and although he also got a serious chest infection as well, we were always kept informed of his progress and treatmentor.
for us as relatives the waking up procedure was distressing, and although a pammphlet gave some details of what to expect, such as delerium and memory loss, ect. We found that the waiting room was a great community were we could obtain more details from visitors whose relatives were further along the road to recovery, which was very reassuring and helpful.
My son is now back home and still recovering and coming to terms with what has happened to him which will take a while. My Harefield experience has been very positive and I would reccomend this hospital to anyone due to the care,
treatment and proffessional attidude of all doctors nurses and other staff. Thank you so
very much for your dedication to you proffession.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 08 August 2017

Thank you for your very kind comments about the care your son received at Harefield following a cardiac arrest. We were pleased to learn that we kept you informed of your son’s progress and treatment: involving patients and their families in decisions about their care is really important to us. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences, and we wish your son the very best for the future.

Trudie gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Patient with A fib for 4 years

My husband and I have had an extremely stressful 4 years in which he has spent more time in hospital than at home due to Atrial Fibrillation. During this time he has suffered 4 cardioversions, 3 ablations, fluid overload with heart failure , and 2 bouts of pneumonia.
Harefield hospital has been excellent throughout his procedures with fantastic care from all. Staff are dedicated, compassionate and extremely professional at their work. Putting patients at ease gives them an instant feeling that patients are in safe hands. My husbands surgeon is 100% committed to success and has been amazing. We are still experiencing problems, which seem relentless at times but feel safe in the knowledge that Harefield will see it through to the end. Thankyou. You are indeed our friends.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 30 May 2017

Hi Trudie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at Harefield. We’re very sorry that the last few years have been stressful for you and your family but are pleased to hear that you felt our specialist teams helped you feel relaxed and supported throughout your husband’s time in hospital. Our teams work extremely hard to make sure our patients receive the best possible treatment for their condition and we believe that their professionalism and commitment to caring for patients is second to none. Thank you again and we wish both you all the very best for the future.

Trudie gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

3rd Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation

My husband has been a patient at Harefield for 4 years and recently had his 3rd Ablation . He has had 4 cardioversions, and 2 bouts of pneumonia in 5 months. Again, we do not know if it has been successful. The care and expertise at Harefield hospital is outstanding. We have suffered extremely stressful periods during the 4 years and yet have always felt reassurance and.commitment from the Dr. and their team. In moments of despair, we have always felt confident in the knowledge that the Dr. will see it through to the end. Our experience is that such dedicated Drs. and nurses put our minds at ease and deal with us with empathy and dedication . Thankyou Harefield,

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 30 May 2017

Hi Trudie,

Mandy gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Supportive and caring staff

Very grateful for the support and care given by two CNS. For the understanding and reassuring care from anaesthetist. The fantastic one to one care in HDU and the care provided by the pain Nurse. Having had a previous traumatic experience the staff provided reassurance and support to get me through this experience. Cannot praise the rapid and responsive care provided enough.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 08 May 2017

Hi Mandy,
Thank you for telling us how impressed you were with your treatment at Harefield. We know that coming into hospital is never just ‘another procedure’ for our patients, and that listening to them, and treating them with respect, dignity and courtesy, are all central to making sure we provide the highest standards of care. We believe our staff should feel proud of their work and the specialist nursing teams and anaesthetists involved in your care will be really happy to hear how appreciative you were. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you all the best for the future.

Freda Cook gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Early hours emergency

Taken in by paramedics at 3.45am with sudden heart attack. By 4.30am primary angioplasty completed by on call consultant who had come in from their home. All procedures explained & angiograms shown me at completion. Ward staff welcomed me & gave cups of tea to both husband & me.
60 hours later returned home with full instructions on recovery, tablets & general guidelines. Brilliant caring staff throughout. I am full of praise for Harefield Hospital.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 13 March 2017

Hi Freda,
Thank you, we are so pleased to know how impressed you were with your care. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and be well informed about all the decisions made with them about their care. We know it’s also the little things, such as a cup of tea, that can make a difference to a person’s experience in hospital. The team will be glad to know how much you appreciated their hard-working and friendly approach. We will be sure to pass on your kind words and wish you all the best with the future.

Lynda Newman gave Cardiology at Harefield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An angioplasty experience

I had an angiogram leading to an angioplasty (stent) this week. Prior to this event I had some tests taken at Harefield in November. I have had many hospital experiences probably more than most with variable conditions. This is the only hospital where my blood pressure goes down rather than rises. I know why. The manner of all staff from reception onwards is like no other hospital I have visited. Friendly, helpful, joyful. They all put you completely at ease, I am a nervous person by nature but this place makes you relaxed.This was my 3rd stent procedure, 2 previous done in Harley Street and no problem, however Harefield appears to run like clockwork. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. My Consultant was as expected extremely polite and took time to explain the whole procedure some of which I would rather do without, ignorance is bliss in my case.. My stent in place and not a bruise to be seen I left hospital at 7pm. I had been shown the blockage and the cleared artery which was very reassuring, I cannot speak highly enough of everyone in Harefield.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 04 January 2017

Harefield Hospital replied on 13 March 2017

Hi Lynda,
Thank you for your kind words about your experience at Harefield. Our clinical teams understand the importance of communication and making sure patients are treated with respect and involved in decisions about their care. We know this can make all the difference to their time in hospital. We are very pleased to hear that you felt reassured and cared for throughout your stay, as we know how anxious a time it can be. Thanks again for your feedback, the teams at Harefield will be very pleased to know that their efforts were appreciated.