Solihull Hospital

0121 424 2000 Lode Lane , Solihull, West Midlands, B91 2JL

Alicia jones gave Gynaecology at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you for making me feel so at ease.

I cannot thank the staff in the day surgery enough. I was in Tuesday for a laparoscopy and dye test. It was my first ever operation I have never even broken so much as an arm. I was extremely apprehensive when told my mum wasn't allowed in the room with me. The staff on this ward could not do enough to make me feel at comfort and ease. I really really cannot thank the whole department enough. Kind, caring and gentle. Everything I could have hoped nurses to be. You really are an asset to your department. Thank you again for looking after Me as much as you did. When I come in next time I will feel completely relaxed knowing I am in your safe hands.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 03 November 2017

Dear Ms Jones,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your care and treatment at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and I am very pleased that you had such a good patient experience, especially as you were so apprehensive. It is nice to know that the staff were able to comfort and put you at ease. I appreciate that it can be very daunting experience coming in a hospital environment.

I will forward your posting to the relevant Senior Management teams and ask that it is shared with the staff. I am sure the staff will be delighted to read your positive patient experience, as they do work extremely hard, so it is nice for them to know that they are appreciated.

I do hope you are making a good recovery following your procedure.

drbtij reviewed Solihull Hospital

Nurses going the extra mile.

My husband and I visited the urology outpatients department. My husband suffers from dementia and due to a mix up we became separated. Two nurses from the department looked after my husband and spent time trying to reunite us which eventually they did. One of the nurses , Julie M, on hearing that I had to collect medicines from the pharmacy which is some distance away took the prescription for me and when it was ready collected the items. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I was to those two kind ladies who went out of their way to help us. Many thanks again

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017 using Care Opinion

John Thacker gave Dermatology at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Mohs surgery.

Having been diagnosed with BCC in Shrewsbury, a referal was made to Solihull for a Mohs procedure. The treatment I recieved was second to none, from the member of staff who directed me to dermatology to the consultant and team who performed the operation. This was the NHS at it's best. Why pay to go privately when treatment like this is available? I cannot praise the whole experiece highly enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 13 November 2017

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Really fantastic care in day procedures unit

Excellent care. Professional and personable staff made me feel like a person not a patient. Nothing was too much trouble. Very positive experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 31 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 02 November 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your treatment in the Day Procedure Unit at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and I am pleased that you had such a positive patient experience.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management teams for General Surgery and the Day Procedures Unit and ask that it is shared with the staff, who I am sure will be delighted to read your comments.

Once again, thank you for your posting, as all patient feedback is important to us.

H gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient team work and caring staff

Thank you to all the staff at the Oncology Unit 1 dept at Solihull Hospital.
I was treated with respect and consideration by each staff member. I felt reassured and confident about my procedure.
My appointment was on time.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 30 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 02 November 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your treatment at care and treatment at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and it is good to know that you had such a good patient experience. It can be a very worrying time for patient’s coming into hospital, so it is good to know that your appointment was on time and that the staff were able to reassure you.

I shall forward your posting to the Senior Management team for Oncology and ask that it is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments, as all feedback is important to us.

Barbara Lewis gave Solihull Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Blood Tests

Unfortunately I have to attend almost every week for blood tests before having chemotherapy. When I first had to have these done quite a few years ago the system was that you did not need to take a ticket and queue due to the risk of infection as most people on chemo will have a compromised immune system.
Then for some unknown reason the decision was made that chemo patients waited along with all and sundry sometimes up to and over an hour wait, with the obvious risk of infection which in some circumstances could result in that person getting an infection and unable to have treatment.
Three weeks ago it was changed back to the old system, posters were displayed advising of the new regime, do not take a ticket, let a member of staff know that you were on chemo and you would be seen quite promptly, thus avoiding hopefully the risk of infection.
Went today and low and behold the system has reverted to putting chemo patients at risk once again to infection. Tried to find out from the wonderful phlebotomy staff what the reason was but they were unable to shed any light on this and were very annoyed with the situation.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Gemma gave Urgent care centre at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I stayed in Amu and ward 8 and everyone I had contact with was lovely, kind and caring. I was extremely ill and the doctors and nurses were amazing getting me better ready to go home within 3days. So many people I wanted to mention individually however they are one big team and wouldn't want to miss the people I didn't see but also had an input into my care! Too many people only review the bad and not the good our nhs staff do daily so thank you to all doctors, nurses, hca's, porters, housekeepers, admin and volunteers for all you do 👍

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 04 October 2017

Dear Gemma,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent admission to AMU and Ward 8 at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and it is good to know that you felt that all the staff were lovely, kind and caring towards you, especially as you state you were extremely ill.

I shall forward your posting to all the relevant Senior Management teams and ask that it is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

Ker gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A wonderful friendly team

I attended the endoscopy dept today for a colonoscopy.
I arrived early, but was called through in under 5 minutes.
The staff were so friendly, introducing themselves as I met them.
During the procedure they chatted to me.
I was able to watch the camera's progress through my intestines, which was fascinating.
The whole team were lovely and made the slightly uncomfortable procedure a good experience.
Thank you all.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your attendance to the Endoscopy Unit at Solihull Hospital.

It is lovely to read such positive comments and I am so pleased that you had a good patient experience.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management team and ask that it is shared with the staff, as I am sure they will be delighted to read your comments.

Marie adams gave General Medicine at Solihull Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Ss ward

I have just stayed in short stay ward and i have to give credit to the nurses. They were extremely busy but still maintained a caring attitude and also very professional.
There was only one nurse who let the night staff down on the 3rd October. I made apoint of getting the nurse's name due to their attitude towards a distressed elderly male. He had had an accident and was half dressed and he was pleading with the nurse for help while stood at the desk. The nurse ignored him for the first 5 mins as the nurse was trying to work the photocopier. Because he kept asking the nurse snapped at him and told him to go to bed. This gentleman was distressed. Luckily one of the other nurses who had just finished with a patient went straight to his aid and took him back to bed. Other than this nurses poor attitude throughout the night the other nurses were amazing. Well done short stay ward for being so caring

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your care and treatment in the Short Stay Unit at Solihull Hospital.

I am so pleased to read that although the staff were extremely busy, they maintained a caring and professional attitude.

I am sorry; however to read your comments with regards to one particular nurse on night duty, especially as you describe the elderly male patient as being distressed and half dressed. I wondered if you would be willing to provide this nurses name. You can do this by contacting a member of the Patient Services team on 0121 424 0808 (lines open 9am - 3.30pm, Monday to Friday) or you can email your concerns to bhs-tr.Complaints-ConcernsandCompliments@nhs.net. If you do make contact with us, can I please ask you to advise the member of staff that you are contacting us in relation to your posting.

I will forward your posting to the Senior Management teams for the Unit, to ensure that your feedback is highlighted to all the ward staff.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, as patient feedback is very important to us.

I do hope you are feeling much better.

Roy holloway gave Physiotherapy at Solihull Hospital a rating of 5 stars

I have tried, for four different days to alter my appointment in orthotics dept and cannot get an answer to my call. Very frustrating when you don't want patients not turning up. Suggest you get more telephone operatives !!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Solihull Hospital replied on 16 October 2017

Dear Mr Holloway,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the difficulties you have experienced contacting the Orthotics Team at Solihull Hospital.

I am very sorry that you have experienced these difficulties and we would be more than happy to assist you, in changing your appointment.

If you contact a member of the Patient Services team on 0121 424 0808 (9.00am -3.30pm Mon – Fri) or via email
bhs-tr.Complaints-ConcernsandCompliments@nhs.net providing your name, address, date of birth and a contact number, we will liaise with the Orthotics Service. If you do make contact, can I please ask you to advise the member of staff that you are calling / emailing in relation to your posting.

I shall forward your posting to the senior management team and ask that it is shared with the staff, so they are aware of your difficulties.

Once again thank you for your posting, as feedback is important to us.

Yours sincerely