Leicester Royal Infirmary

0300 303 1573 Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WW

Mrs Scull gave Rheumatology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Happy

I've been coming to the clinic for the last year. The staff have always been very helpful and understanding. My Consultant is great as he really listens and I feel decisions that are made are done so together. Overall very pleased with treatment.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 02 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 03 August 2018

Dear Mrs Scull,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment.

It is fantastic to hear about your recent experience at our Rheumatology services at Leicester Royal Infirmary.

It is especially great to hear about how caring your consultant is and that you feel he listens, involving you in decisions of your treatment.

We will be sure to pass on your thoughtful words to the team.

Leicester’s Hospitals

Aubrey Rookwood gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Adult emergency decisions unit was execellent????

the entire team from start to finish was brilliant‼️ They were all polite, helpful, caring and really seemed happy to be doing the job they are doing. There were constant checks (especially when I was in the Adult emergency decisions unit) I was there in 05:08/18, The team are true passionate professionals.

Thank you very much for the passion and compassion shown.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 05 August 2018

Dear Aubrey,

Many thanks for taking time to leave your feedback.

We're very pleased to read that you had a positive experience.

We have passed on your review to the team you have mentioned.

Thank you and we wish you all the best.

Stephie 4 gave Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Fracture Clinic

I visited the Fracture Clinic yesterday to have a completion cast on my broken fibula. The staff we met today were professional, efficient and extremely friendly. The department was very busy but we were very impressed by how efficiently everything was done from start to finish and back in the car within 2 hours! Thank you all

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

We're pleased that you had a good experience in the Fracture Clinic.

We will pass on your feedback to the clinic.

Have you considered nominating a team or a member of staff for our Caring at its Best awards? Further information is available on our website: http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/

Kindest regards,

Leicester's Hospitals

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Great care from all involved

Whilst visiting A&E my care was excellent
Care, compassion and respect shown by all.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 10 August 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to feedback.

We will pass on your kind words to the Emergency Department.

We wish you all the best.

Paula gave Ophthalmology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Laser treatment

Excellent service. I was very apprehensive but need not have worried at all. In and out in no time. Consultant very informative and made me feel very relaxed.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 12 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 16 August 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the care you received in Ophthalmology at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We will make sure to pass this onto the team.

Communications team,

Great children's A&E

Our child had to be seen in children's A&E today due to an injury.
All of the staff were great and we were seen very quickly.

In particular we would like to thank the doctor who saw her.
He was very kind and professional. He explained everything in detail and kept us updated throughout
Thank you!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 19 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 20 August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your message.

It is fantastic to hear about your recent experience at our Children's A&E services.

We will be sure to pass on the kind words to the department.

We hope that everyone is recovering well.

Leicester's Hospitals

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Ward 30 Leicester Royal Infirmary

My auntie was admitted to this ward and the care and dignity given to her and the family is second to none, The staff were attentive, always on hand to answer any questions. The cleanliness was to the highest standard I have ever experienced. I believe this ward should be used within training purposes to show good practice.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 20 August 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment.

It is fantastic to hear about your recent experience with our Geriatric Medicine services at Leicester Royal Infirmary.

We are especially happy to know that your auntie was treated with care and dignity, as well as the cleanliness being to a high standard.

We will be sure to send your kind words to the team.

alfieboy reviewed Leicester Royal Infirmary

Staffing levels

Staffing levels in the Osborne assessment unit were so poor it felt like the staff on duty were overwhelmed with the numbers of patients coming into the unit, I had to go in with severe dehydration having severe diarrhoea and no fluids for over 24 hrs and not passed urine for 12 hrs. the waiting room was full of people waiting to be seen, although they were expecting me I still had to wait 8 and a half hrs to be seen and admitted and finally receive fluids, the staff were very kind and did there best but the area was manic, the next day I asked at 6am for some analgesia, again at 20, 30 and 11, 30 as it hadn’t arrived and I was brought medication finally at 12. 30 over 6 hrs waiting, I do not want to complain about the standards of care as everyone really worked so hard but the staffing numbers feel dangerous and I really hope and pray I don’t have to go in again and that this feedback does something to get them some help, having cancer is bad enough but having to wait in a waiting room with chronic diarrhoea and dehydration for over 8 hrs really indent fair.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 19 August 2018 using Care Opinion

Leicester Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Good Experience

Brought son in to A and E. Despite a long wait to be transferred to a bed he received the treatment he needed and was home the following day. Whatever numerous niggles exist with parking, waiting etc., this is still a fantastic service.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 16 August 2018

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for leaving a review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the care you received in the Accident and Emergency department at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We will make sure to pass this onto the team.

Communications team,
Leicester's Hospitals

Zoopla gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

Horrified!

I have contacted my daughters orthodontist today to ask if there is a way to track her position on the waiting list for her operation, as we are coming up on the time she was told. The receptionist contacted LRI, and to my HORROR, have discovered that she has been discharged! They allege that an appointment was sent to us and that we did not attend. This is simply not the case. We have received no communication and neither has our dentist. Clearly there is a system error, but why on earth have we not received any follow up communication to ask why we didn’t attend? It’s a good job I decided to chase it myself or we could have waited years! Now my daughter has to be referred again, and the appointment had better be quick because her healthy teeth will become damaged the longer she waits. Who can I talk to about this please?

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Dear reviewer,

We would like to look into this further for you – to help us do so could you please could you email your daughter’s name, NHS number, date of birth and address along with a summary of what has happened to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk

We can then liaise with the relevant people and follow this up for you.

Many thanks,