Leicester Royal Infirmary

0300 303 1573 Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 5WW

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

DR was so arrogant

Visited Leicester a&e today evening Junior Dr who was really helpful tried to help me but senior DR who just came to talk to mr was so arrogant and treating me like an idiot. One dr are always friendly and plaite but the other DR have attude and arrogant issues which is not right they need to be polite with patents.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 18 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

We are sorry were not entirely happy with your recent experience and pleased to know that our junior doctor helped put you at ease. We are however extremely disappointed to hear that one of out staff did not treat you in a professional manner, this is unacceptable by any standard.

Our A&E management team would be more than happy to investigate this further, however, to do so, they will need some further information. If you do not remember the name of the doctor, it would be useful to know your details as well as the date and time of your visit. If you could send this over to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk we will forward to the team to investigate.

Leicester's Hospitals

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Ward 12

The level of care provided by all members of staff was amazing, all of the team that dealt with my daughter did an amazing job making us feel confident and comfortable with every aspect of our stay and I couldn't thank them enough.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 06 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are really pleased to hear that you and your daughter were treated with the highest level of care. We have passed this onto the matron and service managers for Ward 12 so they can share your feedback with the wider team.

Wishing you and your family the best of health,

Laura Mort

Arrogant Doctors

Dr in A&E was very rude arrogant, I was in A&E for chest Pain sent by my GP. Junior dr was good but Senior Dr acted arrogant they asked me some stupid questions and treated me like idiots for going to A&E also asked me why I am at A&E ? Like I should not be going there. Leicester Royal very unprofessional place to go. I couldn't believe i was treate like that in hospital how can DR behave like that?

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 18 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

We are sorry were not entirely happy with your recent experience and are extremely disappointed to hear that one of out staff did not treat you in a professional manner, this is unacceptable by any standard.

Nicola gave Dermatology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

5* excellent staff.

My first visit here with my very anxious mother. Immediately upon arrival she was put at ease by the friendly receptionists. After a short 3 minute wait we were called in by a lovely skin cancer nurse who was reassuring and attentive towards my mother. They fetched a Doctor in for a second opinion who was equally as good. Was very thorough and explained everything in detail. I can't thank the staff enough for making a very frightening and tense situation so much more bearable.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 1 stars

why don't nurses have time to care

My dad is 92 and a proud loving family man. On this ward he is just another sick old man who appears to be an inconvenience to staff. I rang twice to check he had been given his meds and they told me he had. When I got to the ward they insisted he had but when I asked them to show me proof he had not had them
There were 2 glasses of juice and one of cold tea but by the state of his dry mouth no one had given him a drink. I asked why he could not have his own pj's on and they told me a gown was easier for them to change him. Being in his own pj's identical dies him as my dad and not another old man who has to be changed in the easiest way for staff. He was not sat up when they knew he has problems swallowing so I had to ask them to do it.
They had not even opened his wash bag but had used a hospital comb etc
Please someone remember my dad has a history, a family who he loves and who love him in return.
While staff ticked boxes, complained about their shifts and chatted about their nights out they could have spent sometime with the scared and vulnerable patients in their care. I know there are not enough of you and your pay is awful but please don't be a nurse if you don't actually like and respect people.
This is an intelligent and vibrant human being not an old man who is an inconvenience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 10 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy about your father’s experience on the ward we and would like to investigate further. If you are happy to, please can you send your father’s details (full name, address, date of birth, hospital number and ward) to communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk and we can ask the geriatric medicine management to contact you directly.

The Communications Team,

Jules gave Oncology - Clinical at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Cannot fault the LRI

I am a regular user of LRI especially the osbourne building as I’m undergoing radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment. I cannot praise the staff enough for their hard work & commitment to getting me better.
They are always friendly and always involve me in any decisions that are being made.

I especially have to thank my oncologist who goes out of their way to see me if I’m on the ward, always asks me and my family how we are and treats me as an individual. They help me undestand my treatment and what’s happening with it.
Also the staff on level 1 chemotherapy day unit. They are amazing, always happy and make the chemo sessions go that little bit better and not so hard considering what we’re having done to us.
I think sometimes they are underestimated, but they come in with a smile on their faces, even come around the unit bringing sandwiches and snacks to people like me that can’t walk very well.
It’s never a chore to go to chemo, it’s like meeting old friend there. So thank you LRI osbourne unit for having the best staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary replied on 12 October 2017

Dear Jules,

Thank you for taking the time to send in your feedback. Whilst we are sorry to hear that you have been undergoing chemotherapy treatment, we are very pleased that you are happy with the level of care you have received. We will make sure to pass your comments on to the Oncology team in Osborne - our staff pride themselves on delivering the best care to their patients and reading about your experiences in Osborne will be greatly appreciated.

We would like to wish you all the very best.

Many thanks,

Han gave Gynaecology at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 5 stars

Incredible staff team

I was admitted 3 times over a week and a half for a very complex Pregnancy of Unknown Location. The staff on GAU we simply amazing. Despite lots of different issues (possible ectopic pregnancy, ovarian cyst, pseudo pregnancy in the womb and fluid behind the uterus) all the staff that dealt with me, both on ward and over the phone, had obviously had clear hand overs and were extremely kind and caring. With the sensitivity of my issues they all went out of their was to protect my dignity and my privacy. Some staff even shared personal experiences with me to ease my mind at times.

My only complaint would be one member of staff who informed me of a possible miscarriage by stating abruptly “well if you were pregnant, it’s gone now”. My reaction to this was obviously devastation, however when I returned to the ward, the staff comforted and supported me appropriately. All were horrified and apologetic. This simply emphasised how amazing 99% of the staff are.

Thank you GAU (in particular the specialist nurse on nights)

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Leicester Royal Infirmary has not yet replied.

Annoyedwife2017 reviewed Leicester Royal Infirmary

Husband admitted to a ward via A+E for very severe abdominal pain. This pain...

Husband admitted to a ward via A+E for very severe abdominal pain. This pain caused him to have multiple seizures (he's epileptic and pain causes his fits).
We were told a bed was ready so we were transferred up to the ward. Only to be dumped in a consultation room on a couch for the best part of 12 hours with no care, food or drink offered (he's also diabetic - blood sugar only checked once!!!). He had another fit whilst on the consultation couch - I alerted the staff to which they came in and the HCA laughed and said Oh at least you didn't end up on the floor! I think this is totally unacceptable! They knew he was epileptic and had 5 fits only a few hours earlier!!
His medical notes were just dumped on the desk for anyone to pick up and see (we do have photo evidence!). I do believe that that is breach of Information Governance and Patient Confidentiality!
There is so much more that went on and my husband is making a formal complaint and will take it further!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry to hear about your concerns and take this very seriously. We understand that you are making a formal complaint and the service will provide a response once they have investigated your concerns regarding your husband’s care. Please email lee.walker@uhl-tr.nhs.uk if you do not receive a timely reply.

Lee Walker
Deputy Clinical Director, Emergency Medicine
Leicester’s Hospitals

Debbie Harrington gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 4 stars

Short stay on ASU ward

Great staff on this ward, I had to stay for 2 nights and can't thank the staff enough. Always went the extra mile to make me feel settled knowing my depression and anxiety issues. A very busy ward with lots going on however staff are friendly, caring and get the job done with a smile. Thank you all, but big thanks to the staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very happy to hear about the level of care provided to you on the ward especially the extra effort they went to for you. We will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated. We hope you are doing well.

Anonymous gave Leicester Royal Infirmary a rating of 3 stars

Rude staff member

on getting to the department i needed (hard to find a way in on mobility scooter . ) i then went up to reception greeted by a lovely receptionist , then someone else came over picked my files up asked for files from my surgery i replied yes on my phone where as came ( very rude to me ) & how that is was no good & they need hard copies and walked off ask the first one where they had gone replied to see a DR ? so i moved away from desk as it was very busy . then the rude one came back proceed to talk down to me saying that i was late . i explained to them then ask me with who i had spoken to & they not changed the time on my files ! (not my fault that it had not been done ? ) at that stage i said stop ! i am leaving now just turn my scooter round by this time i was in tears ! i dont need the stress and anxiety, as i am only a few months in to having a Aortic Dissection . so felt i had wasted a morning only i had waited months for Appt maxillofacial clinic .only wished at the time i had got their name . but so embarrassed by the way they had spoken to me .

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We would like to investigate further in order that we can look into and address the issues you have raised and improve our service. To help us do so can you please email your details (name, address, date of birth, NHS number) to pils@uhl-tr.nhs.uk.