Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous reviewed Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital

urgent care

The junior doctor was brilliant, very thorough. I cannot say as much for their senior doctor. I had to hold my tongue with some of the remarks they made. When feeling in pain you do not need joking. (If one can call it that). Rest of staff brilliant,the doctor was not.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 05 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and thank-you for taking the time to provide this.
It is lovely to hear that you found the junior doctor to be brilliant. However, I am sorry that you feel the senior doctor did not treat you with respect and will ensure that your feedback is brought to the attention of the senior staff for the department and shared with the team.
If you would like to provide further information about your experience you can contact the Patient Experience team. You can contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.
Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.
Patient Experience Facilitator

christine ross reviewed Endocrinology and Metabolic Medicine at Burnley General Hospital

very painfull

I went in here for a endoscope.Firstly I have to say the nurse was lovely and could not do enough for me.The problem was when I got in to the room for the procedure ,I was not relaxed in the slightest and neither was my throat numb,I found the whole experience very painful and could not convey this with a tube down my throat.I felt like besides the nurse nobody cared how I felt,the doctor was just busy giving the other doctor instructions on how to do it.I am not a coward as regards pain but this was shocking my throat is sore three days later.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 06 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 07 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on NHS Choices about your Endoscopy procedure at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
It is lovely to hear that you found the care you received from the nurse to be excellent. I am sorry to hear about your experience when you were having the procedure and will ensure that your feedback is brought to the attention of the senior staff for the department and shared with the team.

Donna P gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology day unit Burnley General Hospital

I was treated on the gynaecology day unit at Burnley General Hospital on 12/12/2017. From the minute a stepped into the department right through to discharge I was treated with dignity and respect. Every member of staff who cared or advised me in any way were all extremely professional and dedicated.The department had a lovely calm feeling to it. Thank you to all of you.We are extremely lucky to have the NHS.

Donna Pollard

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 14 December 2017

Dear Donna

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Gynaecology Day Unit at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.

It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care you received during your attendance and that you were treated with such dignity and respect. We are delighted to pass this feedback on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

If you would like to provide us with further information about your experience then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Melissa Almond) on 01254 734087 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk

Melissa Almond
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Peter Logan gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wrong eye drops issued

I had cataract removal right eye 13th Nov 2017 at B.G.H was then sent to their pharmacy eye drops issued me for my left eye as i have glaucoma were wrong as was no night time drops?
Brinzolamide for day fine, Timalol for day incorrect as not my normal Bimatoprost/Timalol/Alphagan which is indeed for night time.
I complained about this on ward 6 12th Dec nurse said would retrieve my docs from B.G.H & phone me about this mistake heard nothing since even though discharge nurse on the day was made aware of my complaint by nurse I spoke to they stated as I was leaving the hospital.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

lack of concern and hands on treatment

I was advised by treatment centre burnley to go to urgent care as i have a month old would that is not healing. I went there after furher being advised by 111. I met with a nurse practitioner whowas offhand throughout and never even examined the injury. When I said it is only covered by plaster they then looked at it. Although, I had to take the plaster away. We noticed that there had been some discharge and the nurse practitioner said well ok maybe antibiotics are needed. The nurse practitioner questioned several times why I had not gone to my GP. I explained that I only thought it was just a cut. I felt that I was being interrogated by the police for some crime. I said that to them, they weren't in the least bit phased by my assertion. Finally the nurse practitioner offered some antibiotics (that as of yet I cannot get although having tried 4 different chemists). I must point out that the nurse practitioner did not examine me touch my wound or anything. I could have done this on the phone or by computer and maybe got some more interest.. Wonder why the media always say they are angels and underpaid. The nurse practitioner never even got up off their chair? I will have to wait until Monday to get these antibiotics. So a total waste of my time. By the way I said at the end I am sorry to have bothered you and they grunted as though to agree. I started taping my interrogation from the point when I realised the nurse practitioner couldn't care less about my non healing injury and I became uncomfortable with their interrogative manner.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 16 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Midwife

Just had a baby in hospital still here. The midwife looking after me came to do my obs they saw the floor a bit dirty the midwife says no cleaned the floor today I said I have cleaned what I could but I've had a c section so I can't bend down to pick anything up I have to ask my hubby to take things out of my bag for me the midwife says well don't have babies then it your job to clean after yourself I said it Allah will I will have more kids the midwife says it not up to him he didn't ask you to have 3 c section if you're urine sac rupture then you will die and your baby I said if Allah will he can take my life when ever he wants my life is his he give me this life he can take it and where the Matter of having more baby it between me my hubby and my consoltent who more colifide the midwife says they not it my job to tell you I said I did not ask for your advice so let it be this is the care we get on nhs ask for pain relief for when you go home I'm not ready to go tomorrow the midwife bring my injection here and leave them on my bag say it cost nhs thousand pounds and you 19p who pays the government taxes and the nhs wages it comes from our pocket and still we treated like this

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 16 December 2017

Burnley General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

7 day a week NHS? It already is!!

I had to take my wife to the Urgent Care centre this morning (Sunday) and we both agree we have nothing but praise for the treatment she received. As she's on Etanercept, which comprises her immune system, she was very concerned about pains in her ear and a choking sensation, having suffered flu-like symptoms for three weeks. The receptionist was cheerful, and despite my wife having virtually no voice at all they managed to take down all of her symptoms patiently and sympathetically. The doctor when then attended to her (very quickly) was once again very understanding and reassuring. Finally, the nurse who dispensed antibiotics did so quickly, no fuss, and again very friendly. We are so lucky to have people like these at our disposal 24/7, despite apparent attempts to carve our NHS up for the profit of a few, and at the expense of the rest of us. Long may it survive, and thank you all

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

Teabag gave Urgent care centre at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to urgent care dept

Went in feeling very breathless and scared but after treatment , care and attention came away feeling lots lots better. Many many thanks to all doctors and all staff. 😘😘😘😘😘😘

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Urgent Care Centre at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the treatment, care and attention you received during your visit and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to provide us with further information about your experience then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Ian reviewed Respiratory Medicine at Burnley General Hospital

Joke waiting for a prescription

Why does it take over an hour to get a prescription when it only took the same time to give blood do breathing tests and see the consultant . One speed snails pace

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 06 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on NHS Choices about the Pharmacy at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
I am sorry to hear about your experience when you visited the Pharmacy and for the length of time you had to wait for your medication and will ensure that your feedback is brought to the attention of the senior staff for the department and shared with the team.

Sylvia gave Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kind and caring

My husband as Alzheimer's and had to have cataract surgery, all the staff on ward 6 and the theatre staff treated him with respect and kindness. They are all worth there weight in gold. A vey big thank you to you all.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 November 2017

Burnley General Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your husbands recent visit to the Ophthalmology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital for cataract surgery.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the kind and caring treatment your husband received during your visit and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.