Burnley General Hospital

01282 425071 Burnley General Hospital, Casterton Avenue , Burnley, BB10 2PQ

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thankyou

I visited the department tonight as I'd suddenly got a lot of floaters in my eye and couldn't see well at all. Just wanted to say thank you to the kind doctor who saw me so quickly, thoroughly examined my eye and gave me reassurances and advice about my condition.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 07 January 2019

Burnley General Hospital replied on 08 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Ophthalmology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital after suddenly seeing floaters in your eye.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care and service you received during your visit and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.
If you would like to provide us with further information about your experience then we would really value this so that we can try to make it like this for every patient visiting our hospitals and using our services. You can either contact me (Sarah Ridehalgh) on 01254 734471 or by email at patientexperience@elht.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service.

I was referred as a matter of urgency by my doctor and had my appointment this morning. Everything that could have been done, which included the initial consultation, an examination, ultrasound, and the treatment, was done - I left the hospital with my treatment complete. The whole process took less than 2 hours - I wish it all worked like that!
The staff were very professional and took the best care, so thank you.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 06 December 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 07 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Breast Clinic at Burnley General Teaching Hospital following an urgent referral.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care, treatment and service you received during your visit and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

LindaSingleton gave Gynaecology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cannot recommend enough

I was a day patient on Christmas Eve on the gynaecologist ward I cannot praise the staff enough. It was well organised and professional. Every member of staff was perfectly polite and showed kindness and caring. 100% professional. Thank you to everyone.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 25 December 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 27 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Gynaecology Ward at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Maureen Masters gave Dermatology at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

staff help and kindness

I went to the dermatology with a mole that worried me . The staff were so kind and understanding as I was frightened.. They made me feel better. After my operation I was asked back and seen by a doctor who was so kind and put my mind at ease explaining the result and further treatment. I want. say how much I appreciate him and all his team for their kindness and attitude it made me fell so such more relaxed. I just want to say thank you all for everything.
!

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 04 January 2019

Burnley General Hospital replied on 07 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Dermatology Department at Burnley General Teaching Hospital to have a mole investigated.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Respiratory Medicine at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

I’m a new patient attending out patients

I was totally satisfied with my consultation and found consultant and nursing staff thorough and professional.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 10 November 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 11 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Respiratory Outpatients at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
Patient Experience Facilitator

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Appointment

I had my first appointment earlier in the year, which was a consultation. I was told in my consultation that I would only have to wait about 8 weeks to receive an appointment for an operation. I waited 7 months to get an appointment through that’s with phone calls asking what’s happening with my appointment.
When I eventually got an appointment, I turned up to be told that my consultant was off Ill which is fair enough.
My argument is, why is there knowbody who could of stood in to do my operation, instead of having to wait even longer than expected now.
I understand people can get ill but why waste my time coming in instead of reorganiseing another appointment, I lost a days pay and didn’t end up any better off

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 17 December 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 18 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the NHS website about your recent appointment for an operation.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the cancellation of your operation due to staff illness.

The department sought other alternatives on the day to try and prevent cancellation but unfortunately other doctors had previous commitments or were unsuitable to undertake the procedure.

We aim to offer another date for your procedure within 4 weeks and you should be contacted shortly to agree this.

Many thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Melissa Almond
Senior Patient Experience Facilitator

Victoria Gamble gave at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I have had 3 operations since 2015 at Burnley. Breast surgery, a hysterectomy and an arthroscopy. Each time I have been impressed by the care, compassion, organisation and efficiency of each department. My most recent visit was an arthroscopy in the elective suite. From the minute I arrived everything was in place ready for my procedure. It was all extremely efficient and well organised. The nursing staff were kind and caring and nothing was too much trouble. Nobody wants to be in hospital or having surgery but when it is necessary Burnley offers excellent care.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 20 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent arthroscopy surgery on the Elective Surgery Ward at Burnley General Teaching Hospital and of your previous breast surgery and hysterectomy.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care and service you received during your visits and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Kathleen Quinn gave at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elective Centre Day Patient

I came into the hospital for an Arthroscopy for tears of the medial meniscus on my left knee. My check in was quickly done and the staff informative. My main concern was not the operation itself but the anaesthetic which always makes me very sick. After chatting to my anaesthetist before the operation he was able to put me at ease by confirming that I could have a spinal injection.
I can’t thank the staff enough in Theatre 5 on Wednesday 21st November2018 for their kind and caring manner.
My surgeon who explained the procedure throughout while allowing me to watch it on a screen. A truly professional and organised team who are dedicated to the job.
Thank you for such a positive experience.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 25 November 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 26 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent arthroscopy surgery for tears of the medial meniscus on your left knee on the Elective Day Surgery Ward at Burnley General Teaching Hospital.
It is lovely to receive such positive feedback regarding the care and service you received during your visit, and that you were put at ease regarding the anaesthetic and we are delighted to pass this on to the staff who will very much appreciate your comments as they always strive to deliver safe, personal & effective care.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My experience of my treatment atBurnley general hospital

I had a colonoscopy at the Endoscopy unit on 24th November 2018..from the minute I walked into the unit I was treated well. Once I had been taken through to the unit everything was explained to me , from the start of the procedure to the completed procedure. I was treated with the utmost respect and although all the staff were friendly they were also very professional. Although the procedure wasn’t that pleasant it was made easier by the staff taking care of me and talking whilst I was in theatre .
I thoroughly enjoyed my lovely cup of tea and sandwich .

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 26 November 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 04 December 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Endoscopy Unit at Burnley General Teaching Hospital for a colonoscopy procedure.

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Burnley General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A visit to breast clinic

Following the finding of a lump in my breast I was referred to Burnley General Breast Clinic for investigation. The appointment was made immediately for a visit 10 days later. The Breast Clinic was clean and uncluttered with adequate seating, and drinks of cordial and water available. The staff were very friendly and efficient, each one introduced themselves, explained their role in the team and what they would be doing.At each stage of the investigations I felt everything was done to make me feel comfortable and well informed. The wait between each procedure was less than 15 minutes and, at the end I felt fully informed about what was, as it turns out, good news that all was well.I felt able to ask any questions and felt that each member of staff gave me time and listened to what I had to say. A very positive experience of a well-run and efficient department.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 11 November 2018

Burnley General Hospital replied on 12 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to the Breast Clinic at Burnley General Teaching Hospital for an investigation after finding a lump in your breast.