Royal Stoke University Hospital

01782 715444 Newcastle Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E

Just spent an afternoon and early evening at A&E with my mother who was diagnosed with a UTI. The care we received was excellent and the Dr in particular was superb. The doctor was kind and took the time to explain to my elderly mother(which is not easy when English was not her first language) what the matter was and how the doctor was going to treat her. She felt very comfortable and reassured.I have worked in the NHS and in particular with Drs for many years. I wish the doctor all the best, in their chosen career, the doctor will make an excellent GP!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 08 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hospital. I will ensure your lovely feedback is passed on to the A&E team- I know it will be very much appreciated.
I do hope your mother is now recovering well.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Michelle bennett gave Orthopaedics at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful service

Everything great from paramedic response, took less than 24 hours to get through a&e, to orthopaedic ward, through surgery and back to home. Lovely staff, I felt very cared for included in all care decisions. I am not a regular at hospital, was very much out of my comfort zone but I really has nothing to worry about. Thank you to all who helped me after my sudden and traumatic accident.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 08 November 2017

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital. Our staff really do work hard to provide an excellent service and your lovely feedback will be very much appreciated by the teams.
I do hope you are now recovering well after your accident.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Children's assessment unit-oustanding

We were recently referred to CAU by the community midwives for our 3 week old son who needed further tests. The care we received whilst there was outstanding. The staff were kind and helpful, explaining what was happening and treatment options. We were seen immediately in a private bay and there was no waiting time. The doctor rang us at home later that day with blood test results, just like they said they would. The staff really looked after our son whilst there and us as well, even offering us hot drinks.

Excellent all round.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 04 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 08 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to feedback around your recent experience of our hospital. I will ensure your kind words are shared with the team in the Children's Assessment Unit- I know they will be very gratefully received.
With best wishes,
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Angela gave Maternity services at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to the staff at Stoke we’ve encountered

We had our little boy in the maternity block at the end of October and the staff were fabulous. Particular thanks to the HCA on ward 205 for looking after me and Nathaniel and all the breastfeeding tips and support they and the other staff gave us. Also thanks to the understaffed staff on MAU and the doctor in Max Facs for being great with him and sorting his tongue tie so well.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 09 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to feed back around your experience of our hospital. I will ensure your lovely comments are shared with the teams on MAU, Ward 205 and with the Head of Midwifery- I know the staff will very much appreciate reading them.
I do hope baby Nathaniel isn't giving you too many sleepless nights!
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Clive gave Urgent care centre at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A+E and ward 76a

My 90 year old father was rushed into A+E on the evening of 3rd November and I must say that the whole team who were on shift that Friday evening were absolutely amazing.
A massive thank you to all who treated dad with so much kindness,compassion and professionalism. He was transferred to ward 76a where he is still currently being looked after.
A special thanks you to a nurse that looked after dad and all the staff who are keeping him comfortable.
Dad has Dementia, is blind and is catheterised so this is not an easy time for him.
Keep up the good work...it is greatly appreciated!

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital. Feedback such as yours has such a positive impact on our staff morale. I will ensure I share your kind words with the teams in A&E and on ward 76a.
Thank you again.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Derrick Gray gave Urgent care centre at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A & E chest pains

On Thursday 9th November I was advised to go A & E as I had chest pains and it was affecting my breathing the treatment from the staff from start to finish was first class
Within 10 mins from arriving I was being assessed by triage and further tests were also being done after hearing all the bad press A & E gets this was a revelation the staff were very professional,helpful and curtious keeping me informed each step of my treatment.
As this was my first time in the new A & E I could not have been more pleased many many thanks.

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience of our A&E Department. Our staff really do work hard to provide outstanding care and it is not always in the easiest of circumstances; and feedback such as yours really does make a difference.
I will share your lovely words with the team in A&E.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Marion Clarke gave Urology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Operation in the urology department

I cannot fault the experience I had in this department, from admission to my operation and ongoing care. Theatre staff, surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses,auxiliary staff were extremely caring. I cannot praise them enough. Any information i wanted was very forthcoming. I was also glad of the amount of information sent to me before the operation.

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. I will ensure I share your lovely feedback with the Urology Team- I know it will be very much appreciated.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Jo Wright gave Gynaecology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Waiting list management was sincere and outstanding

My case is quite complex as it needs 3 surgeons in one theatre to get me operated on.
The member of staff from gyne waiting list deserves a medal in orchestrating this.
As they had to email surgeons and their secretary too get me a date.
First 2 were cancelled due too annual leave of a surgeon and me falling I'll with thyroid.
However this member of staff remained very professional, kept me informed of progress all the way through and found me a date.
The member of staff did it with empathy and sincerity and I cannot thank them enough, they were my port of call when work was hassling me and they have helped me through.
Thank you. You are one in a million.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 15 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital. I will ensure your lovely feedback is shared with the Waiting List Team. It is not often administration teams get recognised for the work they do so I know they will be very pleased to receive your kind words.
I do hope your surgery goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.
With best wishes
Becci Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A&E and Cardiology

I can not thank the staff of Royal Stoke A&E, CCU & Cath Lab for saving my Dad, his treatment and care of been outstanding. Your kindness and understanding has been greatly appreciated by us all.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 15 November 2017

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience of our hospital. I will ensure your lovely words are shared with the A&E and Cardiology Team. Our staff really do appreciate receiving feedback such as yours.
I do hope your Dad is continuing to progress well.
With best wishes
Becci Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Royal Stoke University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Childrens unit

Earlier in the year my child managed to break an elbow at Flip Out, which I hear is a pretty common injury. Common injury or not the level of care she has received both when she went in to have her elbow pinned and then again last week when she had the pin taken out was second to none.
Polite, friendly, understanding staff who were happy to take the time and trouble to put us both at ease. When I say staff I mean everyone :

Meet and great team at reception, ward nurses and staff who provided a happy upbeat environment, porters who had a little joke on the way to theatre, theatre nurses who were brilliant (not the easiest thing to watch your child get put to sleep) and you reassured me with such kindness. Anaesthetists and consultants who both took time to speak with us before and after the operations advising on us exactly what they were going to do, how long it would take and recovery times.

I watched wristbands and notes be checked and checked again, details checked with both my child and me. Bed stripped as soon as they were empty wiped down and made back up, I saw ward 218 cleaned twice in an afternoon.

People are quick enough to complain about the NHS but more people should take the time to write a review when they've had a good experience. And that's what we had.
My child received the very best care, I can't think of one thing that could have been done better. Hats of to you guys at the North Staffs University Hospital but special thanks to the childrens orthopaedic teams you were marvellous and you do an amazing job. As a parent I can't thank you enough. The NHS is amazing and we should all be very grateful to it and for it.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Royal Stoke University Hospital replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on you recent experience of our hospital. As a parent myself I know how incredibly worrying it is when your child ends up in hospital so I can honestly say it really does mean a great deal to our staff when they receive such lovely praise. I will ensure I share your kind words with the Paediatric Teams involved.
I do hope your daughter is now well on the mend from her injury. I imagine she'll be needing full use of both her arms to open all those Christmas presents.
With kindest regards